• US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 1737
  • 3v3: 2315
  • 5v5: 2652
  • RBG: 768

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:42 AM

my main issue with disc right now is the survivability of it, running both rmp and dispel cleave I feel like I constantly call out for heals when I'm being trained, my heals are pathetic compared to other classes, half my shit is based on absorbs, unfortunately when they get purged/dispelled I feel like a sitting duck.

I do really like how offensive a priest can go, if it wasn't for dispels/mana burns/smite and holy fire dmg I wouldn't play this class. I just like the feeling of being able to help dmg and dispelling instead of just straight healing.

edit: that lock crying about smites, when the fuck have you seen smite crit for 5-6k? most my smites have ever done was 2500.

Posted Image

#42 Pyaasa

Pyaasa
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Gurubashi
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:53 AM

no.
Stop wearing haste gear if you want mana efficiency, I'm fucking tired of seeing priests cry about shit mana efficiency wearing full haste gear. I'm wearing nearly 500 passive MP5 with bauble on my shaman, I see disc priests with 150 mp5 and over 500 haste crying about mana efficiency and really... what do you expect?

That is because shamans have mp5 on all there gear, while priests have spirit on all pieces except neck and back, and spirit is useless even with meditation.

#43 Bibles

Bibles
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction

I'm not arguing anything, I simply stated that of course you have shit efficiency with haste. If the class is so poor that it requires you to use haste(as stated by the priest above) then it obviously requires buffs.

This is exactly the problem, disc IS so poor that is requires haste to be effective - which means every game is short because you have no mana. If your offensive play fails, you have no fallback.

#44 Slyphic

Slyphic
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Dawnbringer
  • Retaliation
  • Talents:

no.
Stop wearing haste gear if you want mana efficiency, I'm fucking tired of seeing priests cry about shit mana efficiency wearing full haste gear. I'm wearing nearly 500 passive MP5 with bauble on my shaman, I see disc priests with 150 mp5 and over 500 haste crying about mana efficiency and really... what do you expect?

Obviously you have no idea what your talking about. THE REASON disc priests stack haste is because we dont win mana fights regardless of how we spec/gem/gear. the haste makes our games even faster, and raises the skillcap which creates more opportunity for burst/makes deathing sheeps easier/ etc etc

#45 broseph

broseph
  • Brosev
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Ysera
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:54 AM

Disc Priests are by far the worst healer in the arena right now in every bracket except 5's.

#46 Angelo

Angelo
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:15 AM

I play both a disc priest and a resto shaman, and a resto shaman has much more mana regen regardless of what gear they choose to wear from either mp5 gear or with crit gear imp water shield procs from healing crits. Plus they have the ability to use mana spring totem against most comps nowadays with all the resist talents going around making cleansing less attractive in some situatiions. Shadowfiend is just as controllable as mana tide totem, so that's not really a valid better/worse situation as well.

#47 dopin

dopin
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gul'dan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:22 AM

Priests don't do anywhere near 5-6k smites in pvp unless it's a 0 resi target. And another reason that disc is so shit now is that damage is still too high and you can never really go offensive as much as you should as a priest now.

Also to say Disc healing is too strong is retarded. You clearly haven't played a Paladin or a Druid recently. 10k instant heal on a 5 second cooldown? Np holy shock.

Lol well i actually play a priest and a paladin and your just doing what he is doing by being biased towards another class, Holy shock only goes for 10k if your in like best out of best pvp gear with no MS, my penance goes for about 12k-13k a little more if my gear was better which doesnt glitch as much as holy shock so i think its better.

After having a paladin/priest/resto drood, the main reason i see priest lacking is because priest litterally have zero mobility when being Tunneled by Hunter/Warrior/Dk/Rogue/Enhance shaman..... Resto druids can just run away in travel form popping in out and as they get slowed, Paladins have Freedom, and shamans have ghost wolf... Priest have.. Nothing.

On another note: i think blizzard is afraid to buff priests just like they are afraid to buff dks because they think the comps that priests and dks are able to run would just become so Overpowered that the comps would be unstoppable. Blizzard just nerf some classes down and buff others

#48 Kragath

Kragath
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eonar
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:29 AM

After penance and pws on cd your pretty much fucked, having to spam flash heal for 2.3k, so useless

#49 dopin

dopin
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gul'dan
  • Rampage

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:30 AM

After penance and pws on cd your pretty much fucked, having to spam flash heal for 2.3k, so useless

O yeah and if unrelenting assult gets up on you in 3s your forced to blow Pain sup or its over lol

#50 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:05 AM

prot:paladin:/resto:shaman:/disc:priest: is AS retarded OP as it can get, tier 1 comp.

Argue against it and I don't know what to tell you.

i think the argument that disc is in a sorry state when its only tier one comps are retarded ass double healers is pretty valid

Disc Priests are by far the worst healer in the arena right now in every bracket except 5's.

yup

#51 Saraphz

Saraphz
  • Members

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:26 AM

Lol well i actually play a priest and a paladin and your just doing what he is doing by being biased towards another class, Holy shock only goes for 10k if your in like best out of best pvp gear with no MS, my penance goes for about 12k-13k a little more if my gear was better which doesnt glitch as much as holy shock so i think its better.

Um, you have to channel pennance, if they have a CS up, pennance is almost a garentee lockout if you try to get 3 ticks, so really its like a 3.5k heal (with ms) Holy shock on the other hand isn't a 2 second channel. No paladin wears the "best of best" pvp gear because they can get away with pve, priest cant.

#52 dopin

dopin
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gul'dan
  • Rampage

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:26 AM

Um, you have to channel pennance, if they have a CS up, pennance is almost a garentee lockout if you try to get 3 ticks, so really its like a 3.5k heal (with ms) Holy shock on the other hand isn't a 2 second channel. No paladin wears the "best of best" pvp gear because they can get away with pve, priest cant.

or you could fake a Cs on a flash heal? and also paladins dont have a prayer of mending which can crit for 6k on priest whos in not pro gear which is instant. its also pretty cool on my paladin when they sap my ele and then a rmp forces me to bubble in about 2 seconds.
We can argue the state of healers all day, the problem of disc is mobility. zero mobility=needs huge peels from about anything

#53 Raia

Raia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Retribution
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:40 AM

or you could fake a Cs on a flash heal? and also paladins dont have a prayer of mending which can crit for 6k on priest whos in not pro gear which is instant. its also pretty cool on my paladin when they sap my ele and then a rmp forces me to bubble in about 2 seconds.
We can argue the state of healers all day, the problem of disc is mobility. zero mobility=needs huge peels from about anything

PoM is good against DoT classes, but not from getting tunneled by a warrior or something. Disc has all front load healing, if you can stop it in any way, they will die for the most part.

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1584
  • RBG: 384

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:43 AM

disc priests are good healers in comps where you dont have to heal

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

#55 Hawtstuffs

Hawtstuffs
  • Hawtstuffs
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:49 AM

pmuch

#56 Calx

Calx
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:04 AM

so basically what you're saying is that penance's susceptibility to cs is fine because the team rogue/mage/priest can potentially make you use (1) major defensive cooldown during the stage in the match when they are most powerful due to their ability to sap elemental shamans

or did i read your stupid opinion incorrectly

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:06 AM

personally i like having 0 mobility one less thing to worry about in arena

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:06 AM

when you can remove snares there are so many possibilities

when you waddle 5 yards before you die it doesn't really matter which direction you go

#59 Bubblewrap

Bubblewrap
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Aggramar
  • Vindication

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:17 AM

personally i like having 0 mobility one less thing to worry about in arena

:rolleyes:
Side effects may include: migraines, irritation, seizures, and depression. Priests
are not for everyone. Consult your Psychiatrist for Masochistic Aptitude Testing.

#60 Ynxeu

Ynxeu
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 2372
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:33 AM

I want to wear mp5 aswell but oh my discis spamdispelling my hots as it was the speed of lightning so have to wear haste to be able to even heal :( :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<