#21 Pekin

Pekin
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Garona
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:26 PM

Maybe imp fade talent effect should be added to fade ability to increase our mobility.I too often feel that even I got peeled I was in crippling/hamstring and couldn't get away from enemies and they are back on me in a sec. Yea and disc healing is way too much based on pw:s not getting dispelled and heals are weak compared to other healers

priest healing is like 2 seasons back compared to other healers, or even whole expansion back ...
Posted Image

#22 Angelo

Angelo
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:45 PM

After playing my disc priest after playing resto shaman for most of this season, I have to say that it is really painful to play against hunters or double melee relatively, and even casters are harder because of a shaman's ability to control a caster. The offensive pressure of a disc priest is overrated imo. A shaman can do the same pressure with lava burst/frost shock, and it is going to be a guaranteed crit if you have flame shock up. This is the same burst as holy first/swd. I don't see why priests are always talked about balanced due to their "offensive pressure" when another healer with better healing efficiency and more control can do the same thing and brings bloodlust.

But at least we have magic dispel?

#23 lidea

lidea
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:46 PM

prot:paladin:/resto:shaman:/disc:priest: is AS retarded OP as it can get, tier 1 comp.

Argue against it and I don't know what to tell you.

Have you tried playing this recently?

You must fake cast the Overpower and Pummel!!! Vary vary vary important to fake the Overpower because Overpower during a cast+MS= -100% healing done. If he does get an overpower off thats the best time to pop Divine Plea and get a couple of ticks off of it.

#24 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:52 PM

No, but a team from my realm is playing it currently, they're on 2.8k.

The paladin and priest are very good, but the shaman ( who is argueably most important player in the comp ) is a alt, and the guy isn't really that well experienced regarding it just yet from what I understood. I didn't meet them yet however due to our playing schedule ( or the lack of playing schedule, so to be said ) - however those that met them said that it's a nobrainer comp really.

p.s. RPS softcounters that comp, so if you're annoyed by it - you know what to do ;)

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#25 Pitiless

Pitiless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2204

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:30 PM

Im not sure where you guys are from, but there are several RMPs in every BGs top 10.

You may want to check the statistics on that one :)

Disc priests are definitely the worst healer atm, which really has a lot to do with RMP no longer being a great comp. In previous seasons take away RMP and what would disc priests have besides 2 healer variants?

I remember in previous seasons disc priests complaining about the lack of viable comps and everyone would just say "at least you have RMP, stfu." Not so much now...

#26 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:57 PM

The real problems here are :

- resto shamans - they offer aoe-fear/seduction/MC break, control over casters via shocks/grounding, the best party damage buff ability ingame, they also have better mana efficiency and by FAR better healing than a disc priest - argueably more survival as well - they're basically better version of a disc priest, without party dispel ( which is huge, however they out-do discipline in every other possible area ) - only field we beat them is the defensive dispel and a bit better CC ( triple fear on opposing team is fucking huge )

-holy paladins - while they don't offer offensive dispel, any damage support - they practically offer you immortality; a ability to outheal the wildest of the damage in the game, as well as being the worst target to pick on for most of the time - paladin spamhealing 40 yards away is the most annoying shit in the world - did I mention they can't run oom if properly gemmed, enchanted and played ?

-resto druid - lol. Do I really need to say anything here ? I'd dare and say that resto druids at the current moment are stronger than they were during s4.

Penance is on a too long cooldown, and ALREADY it's healing for SHIT amount ( its fun healing for 4.5k while under effect of MS ). We're too easily trained down by opposing teams. We have terrible mana efficiency unless supported by a solace or purified lunar dust. List goes on.

[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout

#27 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:00 AM

Also - "YOU DO WILD OFFENSIVE SUPPORT MANGGG, OMG" - not a valid claim anymore, sorry. It might be annoying when a RMP does that, but hey - that's the only way they win, avoid it.

RMP was the reason I never wanted to play 3s before due to how FUCKING retarded it was versus shadowpriests in 3s, nowadays when I see a RMP I enjoy my free points - it's pretty sad to claim that when RMP was really only played by good players for past 2 seasons, seeing average people can't get anywhere with it anymore ( as opposed to beastcleave or wizardcleave of some sort, where you really just sort out CC/burst on vent and you dominate if all 3 of you are good players, with no sense of teamwork at all due to how easy it is to score kills )

#28 velz

velz
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:42 AM

RMP isnt a tier 1 comp? Im not sure where you guys are from, but there are several RMPs in every BGs top 10.

The real problem is in priests survivability.

I feel they heal for way too much, have way too much offensive abilities that are pretty OP tools for a healer to have.

TL/DR: preists need better survivability and nerfed healing and offensive throughput.

5-6k smites and double O dispell are just retarded when you play a comp that cant force a preist defensive offen enough.

i dont think ive ever read a post thats been more wrong

#29 ferz

ferz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/2/1/1

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:43 AM

i dont think ive ever read a post thats been more wrong

i dont think ive ever seen someone so CUTE LOLLOOL>

#30 Shinz

Shinz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:53 AM

Dpriests are not that bad, can't believe ppl are like PRIEST HEALING IS 1 EXPANSION BACK just because you don't have a 10k crit heal every 5 seconds...

Hei meight, I iz rogue and I can't stick on a target if there's no dispeller in my team and I meet a certain set-up, I IZ 1 EXPANSION BACK BECUZ EVERY1 ELZE HAS LIEK CHARGE INTERCEPT DEATHGRIP CHAINS OF ICE SPAM/DEATHGRIP FROSTSHOCK SPAM LOLOL See where I'm going? Dpriests are fine, it's those retarded holy paladins who just need a goddamn nerf.

or hit mutilate

shit was hard with like the 3 cooldowns rogues hard.... should i cloak the chaosbolt or lava burst

Cloaking chaosbolts all day err'day

#31 Bubblewrap

Bubblewrap
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Aggramar
  • Vindication

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:03 AM

We're wearing dresses what do you expect?

#32 ferz

ferz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:05 AM

Dpriests are not that bad, can't believe ppl are like PRIEST HEALING IS 1 EXPANSION BACK just because you don't have a 10k crit heal every 5 seconds...

Hei meight, I iz rogue and I can't stick on a target if there's no dispeller in my team and I meet a certain set-up, I IZ 1 EXPANSION BACK BECUZ EVERY1 ELZE HAS LIEK CHARGE INTERCEPT DEATHGRIP CHAINS OF ICE SPAM/DEATHGRIP FROSTSHOCK SPAM LOLOL See where I'm going? Dpriests are fine, it's those retarded holy paladins who just need a goddamn nerf.

good post

oh wait

#33 lassira

lassira
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:08 AM

- resto shamans - they also have better mana efficiency and by FAR better healing than a disc priest

no.
Stop wearing haste gear if you want mana efficiency, I'm fucking tired of seeing priests cry about shit mana efficiency wearing full haste gear. I'm wearing nearly 500 passive MP5 with bauble on my shaman, I see disc priests with 150 mp5 and over 500 haste crying about mana efficiency and really... what do you expect?

#34 ferz

ferz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:11 AM

regardless, dpriests have worse mana efficiency

#35 lassira

lassira
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:12 AM

regardless, dpriests have worse mana efficiency

I'm sure if you went vs a shaman wearing 150 mp5 and 500 haste you'd outmana him.

#36 ferz

ferz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:14 AM

no.
Stop wearing haste gear if you want mana efficiency, I'm fucking tired of seeing priests cry about shit mana efficiency wearing full haste gear. I'm wearing nearly 500 passive MP5 with bauble on my shaman, I see disc priests with 150 mp5 and over 500 haste crying about mana efficiency and really... what do you expect?

you do realize that the only way for a disc priest to win outside of a double healer setup is to play offensive. this offensive ability that discs have that everyone says is their strongest point also eats an insane amount of mana

#37 Hoodngga

Hoodngga
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:16 AM

I think priests would be level with other healers if blizz gave them a Nature's Swiftness type ability and made pain sup like 4 seconds longer or a 1min cd

#38 jksophiz

jksophiz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lethon
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:18 AM

RMP isnt a tier 1 comp? Im not sure where you guys are from, but there are several RMPs in every BGs top 10.

The real problem is in priests survivability.

I feel they heal for way too much, have way too much offensive abilities that are pretty OP tools for a healer to have.

TL/DR: preists need better survivability and nerfed healing and offensive throughput.

5-6k smites and double O dispell are just retarded when you play a comp that cant force a preist defensive offen enough.

Probably dumbest post I've ever read in my life.
"I've noticed this too, when I earthbind the shadowfiend and then ghost wolf away. It seems to bug out and teleport closer to me once it falls behind.

Damn shadowfriends."

-Ctuhlu

#39 lucyk

lucyk

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:29 AM

holy shit you are so clueless

#40 Bubblewrap

Bubblewrap
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Aggramar
  • Vindication

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:38 AM

Be nice pittles.

Ferz makes a good point Lassira. Not only does the offense eat mana but it has to be done quickly to have the desired effect, which is what the haste is for. Sort of a double edged sword, we're forced to sacrifice mp5 for haste to get kills/apply pressure, and compensate with trinkets(solace/lunar dust), or roll double healer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<