#1 Foe

Foe
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Stormscale
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:57 PM

I really just realized how limited a disc priest's options for an effective 3s comp is. Some spellcleave variant (although theyre almost always better with one of the other 3 healers), dub heals warrior, and RMP which is a shadow of it's former self. Do you guys think this is all due to a priests susceptibility to melee cleaves? Or are priests fine and 3 viable comps are enough. What are priests missing to make them a truly awesome healer, or are they not missing anything at all?

#2 Neloangelo

Neloangelo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:04 PM

Disc is somewhere near balanced, the problem is there are 2 other and 1 specifically that is op as fuck and thus the problem lies in that there are better healers to bring, not that Disc is bad.

Anyway I had to go so i was like ok i gotta head to class and shes like peace and hugs me and my boner pushes against her leg and she looks at me wide eyed and walks away really fast.

ಠ︵ಠ凸

#3 urterminated

urterminated
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:11 PM

priests are fine until you meet double melee team. That puts u i a need to play with somebody who can peel those melee of you. Its pretty much the same with lock you cant play setups where nobody can save you from melee.

#4 Stormchill

Stormchill
  • Members

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:12 PM

At the end of every day, disc profits from his offensive abilities. They are awesome in their own right.

#5 Elendora

Elendora
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:17 PM

At the end of every day, disc profits from his offensive abilities. They are awesome in their own right.

Agree bro.

#6 Pekin

Pekin
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Garona
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:34 PM

dispel cleave was pretty sick comp for disc, right now its just tier2

disc doesnt have tier1 comps atm ......
Posted Image

#7 Saraphz

Saraphz
  • Members

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:42 PM

the problem is it is becoming more and more difficult to go offensive as gear gets better since you have to spend more time healing. And if you can't go offensive to a noticeable degree, no point in using disc over another healer.

#8 FearSnoPro

FearSnoPro
  • Members

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:55 PM

RMP isnt a tier 1 comp? Im not sure where you guys are from, but there are several RMPs in every BGs top 10.

The real problem is in priests survivability.

I feel they heal for way too much, have way too much offensive abilities that are pretty OP tools for a healer to have.

TL/DR: preists need better survivability and nerfed healing and offensive throughput.

5-6k smites and double O dispell are just retarded when you play a comp that cant force a preist defensive offen enough.
SwAgGa StOoPiD

#9 Bloodfest

Bloodfest

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:58 PM

RMP isnt a tier 1 comp? Im not sure where you guys are from, but there are several RMPs in every BGs top 10.

I feel they heal for way too much, have way too much offensive abilities that are pretty OP tools for a healer to have.

TL/DR: preists need better survivability and nerfed healing and offensive throughput.

5-6k smites and double O dispell are just retarded when you play a comp that cant force a preist defensive offen enough.

our survivability has to do with us NOT doing enough healing to keep up with melee and NOT having enough mobility. our dispel is fine. and name ONE COMP that cant force a priest defensive.
Really guy

#10 Neloangelo

Neloangelo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:02 PM

Priests don't do anywhere near 5-6k smites in pvp unless it's a 0 resi target. And another reason that disc is so shit now is that damage is still too high and you can never really go offensive as much as you should as a priest now.

Also to say Disc healing is too strong is retarded. You clearly haven't played a Paladin or a Druid recently. 10k instant heal on a 5 second cooldown? Np holy shock.

Anyway I had to go so i was like ok i gotta head to class and shes like peace and hugs me and my boner pushes against her leg and she looks at me wide eyed and walks away really fast.

ಠ︵ಠ凸

#11 Bibles

Bibles
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:23 PM

Do you guys think this is all due to a priests susceptibility to melee cleaves? Or are priests fine and 3 viable comps are enough. What are priests missing to make them a truly awesome healer, or are they not missing anything at all?

Mobility (shadow's fade?) would be a godsend.

#12 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:41 PM

dispel cleave was pretty sick comp for disc, right now its just tier2

disc doesnt have tier1 comps atm ......

prot:paladin:/resto:shaman:/disc:priest: is AS retarded OP as it can get, tier 1 comp.

Argue against it and I don't know what to tell you.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#13 ferz

ferz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/2/1/1

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:47 PM

please dont post if you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about

edit: if by several RMPs in the top 10's you mean 3-4 TOTAL across all BGs in top 10 range then OK

just eluding to how oblivious people are about a class they have never played

#14 Neloangelo

Neloangelo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:57 PM

this post is wrong

if you have no idea what you are talking about, just dont post

pretty much, and Lolflays, I think warlock teams are quite hard for the Ret Hunter Priest idk havent played it much

ಠ︵ಠ凸

#15 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:02 PM

pretty much, and Lolflays, I think warlock teams are quite hard for the Ret Hunter Priest idk havent played it much

have you even read my post ?

---> PROTRET PALADIN / RESTORATION SHAMAN / DISCIPLINE PRIEST <---

is tier 1 comp and retardedly good.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#16 Xpower

Xpower
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:04 PM

rmp is a tier 1 comp but it's painful right now because the ladders are full of hunter teams

#17 Neloangelo

Neloangelo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:12 PM

woops nvm just quickly read over it, ye i guess it is but it's as lame as it gets I think and Prot shouldn't even exist in arena as it is like a tanking spec that out dps's arms warriors by an absolute fuckton.

ಠ︵ಠ凸

#18 Pannucci91

Pannucci91
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:14 PM

Go on the TR, and Smite the target dummy 100 times, you will never break 5k...

Also, I don't know if your mentally ill, but compared to all other healing classes, the healing output for disc in both PvP and PvE is the lowest of any class. Hence Blizz said they are giving disc a better healing ability for cata. :cool:

#19 Pekin

Pekin
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Garona
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:16 PM

loled at no clue warlock saying rmp isnt strong becouse PRIEST CANT SURVIVE stuff

hahaha dude its the least problem :D
i wont bother to explain you stuff

P.S
yes lolflay is right disc rshaman protret - only one tier1 priest comp. How good :)
Posted Image

#20 Zez

Zez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:17 PM

Maybe imp fade talent effect should be added to fade ability to increase our mobility.I too often feel that even I got peeled I was in crippling/hamstring and couldn't get away from enemies and they are back on me in a sec. Yea and disc healing is way too much based on pw:s not getting dispelled and heals are weak compared to other healers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<