Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 21:50. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Counter-comped at every turn

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Grexx

Grexx
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:37 PM

Hey guys...this isn't a QQ thread, I just need some advice. Now I haven't been playing this game as long nor am I as good as some of you out there...but I feel like as soon as I hit 1850 or even sniff 1900, we run into nothing but counter comps. I run war/druid (yeah nothing original) and we can't seem to break past 1900 b/c at that point it's literally ALL druid/lock and druid/hunter. And even on our best nights we do .500 against thsoe teams and basically make no progress. Do you guys think I should run with a different partner for those last 100 points to 2k? I mean I understand the competition is only going to get harder as you go up the brackets, but when you're literally only facing teams that counter comp you, it almost seems futile.

#2 Hirim

Hirim
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Doomhammer
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:57 PM

Druid/Lock and Druid/Hunter are not counter comps to Druid/Warrior.

#3 Nitrot

Nitrot
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:01 PM

I've never played warrior druid(well s1)

but i thought you were supposed to have the upper hand on druid lock

and vs hunter have your druid eat the traps so you can stay on him.

#4 Ezazel

Ezazel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Haomarush
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:01 PM

Thats retarded, hunter/druid is DEF the biggest counter to druid/war their is, imo its kinda stupid to say otherwise, if the warrior is outta CC for more then 5 secs the whole match you are bad

#5 Ezazel

Ezazel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Haomarush
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:02 PM

Cyclone druid trap warrior, cyclone druid, cyclone cyclone cyclone warrior, cyclone druid trap warrior, rinse and repeat

#6 Hirim

Hirim
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Doomhammer
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:06 PM

Thats retarded, hunter/druid is DEF the biggest counter to druid/war their is, imo its kinda stupid to say otherwise, if the warrior is outta CC for more then 5 secs the whole match you are bad

If the warrior is being CC'd that much, your druid is bad.

#7 Ezazel

Ezazel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Haomarush
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:07 PM

or cyclone cyclone cyclone root root root feral charge cyclone cyclone cyclone, root root root feral charge warrior, you get the picture, anything with a druid should completly dominate a warrior team in 2's

#8 Ezazel

Ezazel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Haomarush
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:14 PM

I can tell your very smart, a druid should not have ANY problem locking a warrior completly down in 2's, aside from pally teams the warrior shouldnt do anything the whole because a druid can literally keep a warrior in place for as long as they want if they dont suck, DRs on cyclone are up by the time the roots and feral charge are down, its kinda unfair tbh

#9 Quantity

Quantity
  • Qty
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:18 PM

I can tell your very smart, a druid should not have ANY problem locking a warrior completly down in 2's, aside from pally teams the warrior shouldnt do anything the whole because a druid can literally keep a warrior in place for as long as they want if they dont suck, DRs on cyclone are up by the time the roots and feral charge are down, its kinda unfair tbh

You really have no idea what you're talking about, hunter/druid and warlock/druid are not the counter to Warrior/Druid at all. Warrior/Druid can beat both of these setups with solid play by the Warrior team's Druid. It's obvious you haven't played 2's at a high level.

#10 Hirim

Hirim
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Doomhammer
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:20 PM

Except this can mean the Warrior's druid doesn't really have to do anything and can defensively pillar hug without any real pressure being put on him or his teammates by the hunter team.

This sort of play makes the match get drawn out for 40+ minutes in which the Druid/Warrior (when played well) will still have the upperhand due to the Hunter requiring Mana breaks and having a vulnerable pet.

I'm not saying Hunter/Druid cannot win against Druid/War, but it is not a counter comp (the definition of counter comp means you have very very little chance of winning).

#11 Ezazel

Ezazel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Haomarush
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:22 PM

Since I sell PR and Points Im sure your right, it is in fact a counter comp, all takes is the hunter and druid on the opposing team to have great communication, hunt/druid vs equaly skilled druid/war the hunter team well win, more cc and utitily all the way around, and btw Ive hit 2k in 2's with war/lock/hunter as a partner so I def have a good idea of what counters what

#12 Ezazel

Ezazel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Haomarush
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:25 PM

Hunters are almost like locks with mana, faign drink anytime, and your right the matchs well last 40+ minutes everytime, but the warrior team should have less oppertunity to drink, which in the end means the hunter team well trump it, that is the closest thing to a counter comp Ive found

#13 Quantity

Quantity
  • Qty
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:43 PM

You're bad then, Hunter/Druid and Warlock/Druid should split games with an equally skilled Warrior/Druid. I'd even venture to say that Warrior/Druid should win more games against Hunter/Druid. Warlock/Druid is very map dependent, RoL and Nagrand the Lock/Druid stand a better chance.

You are playing it wrong if you can't find opportunities to drink. Put it this way, if one of their players doesn't CC the warrior at all times, he will inevitably put out tremendous pressure. Therefore, atleast one of them has to be CC'ing at all times. When you combine trinket with DR, they have far less opportunity to drink. Not to mention the fact that you shouldn't OOM in the first place because a Hunter puts out very little pressure if you are hugging him in bear form, eating scatter+traps if possible, and keeping the druid busy.

Hunter/Druid should only win in RoL, and even then it should be close and could go either way.

#14 Ganicola

Ganicola
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:51 PM

hunter druid is annoying but its pretty hard to lose to it as druid warrior. If the warrior is being cced so much then theres no pressure on the druid and he will literally sit in bear all day long. In short druid/hunter vs druid war can go on for a long time, but druid warrior should never lose unless they have to have dinner or the warrior throws his pc out the window. If they are just ignoring the warrior try and kill the druid, if the hunter is dpsing the warrior, hug the hunter and dps him, they will never win if u play like this.

Druid warlock can be hard for druid war but it really depends, eventually though the warriors druid should outlast the warlocks druid until the warrior gibs the warlock, eventually the warlock druid should lose. Pets are easy to kill, remember dis and try kill it when dr on cyclone is up. If your druid is really good he can just about solo a warlocks voidwalker behind a pillar too and the bright side is if the warlock brings it back your druid can drink and you might be able to kill it, either way this puts a lot of stress on their druid. But if you can kill his first pet and kill the feldom pet and keep him from resummoning you will dominate them hard. Warlocks are hopelessly weak without soullink.

#15 Grexx

Grexx
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:53 PM

I dunno...seems like I am cc'd hard by the druid and don't have a chance to even touch the warlock's pet. And even when I save a full rage bar for when DRs are up, he outheals my damage on the pet. And the entire time I spend focusing on the pet the lock is just free casting and fearing at will. I have a focus target pummel that I use when I can but they're not often standing close enough to use. Should I just pound away at the lock?

#16 nawty

nawty
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/0/0/1/2
  • RBG: 768

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:57 PM

counter? druid/hunter is 70/30 imo vs warr/druid. getting lucky macestun proccs and similiar can win 30% easily

#17 `Sur

`Sur
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Exodar
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:59 PM

Not right at all, I suggest you take a look at your playstyle.
Posted Image

#18 Sylvar

Sylvar
  • Barunk
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:57 PM

Just equip a shield when attacked and stay on the hunter until he runs out of water.
Remember warrior/druid is a common setup. it's very likely a lot of teams build their team to be able to beat the most common setupts.
But if you wear a helmet
you will be fine.
And if you wear a helmet
it'll be alright.

~Zambonis

#19 kcx

kcx
  • Members
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • EU-Aggramar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:17 PM

Warrior Drood dosent have a solid counter comp, its why its such an op setup. Try running rogue shadow priest vs rogue mage and you can see what counter comping really is.

#20 Darthmidget

Darthmidget

Posted 22 March 2008 - 10:07 PM

rogue/mage if played well dominates warr/druid pretty hard for the time that i've played it...

For the whole counter comping debate... lock/hunter+druid vs. rogue/mage? plz don't whine til you've tried that

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users