Photo

Ret pally

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1 Rotation

Rotation
  • LocationNy

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:28 PM

New to ret pally... what are some mandatory arena macros?

All I can think of is focus-repent and maybe your sacs, what else do we need?

#2 Ruzephi

Ruzephi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:31 PM

#3 vingumminr9

vingumminr9
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:36 PM

/cast [target=party1] Cleanse
/Cast [target=party1] Flash of Light
(for 1-3 or 1-5) alot more important for a ret than a holy, as u wont loose whitehits as a holy paladin by targeting to intantheal/Dispell, but as ret you'll loose ALOT of dmg(and time ofc) by detargeting etcetc
/Cast [target=focus] Hammer of Justice
/Cast [target=focus] Repentance

Aswell as libram macros if you have diff librams
#showtooltip
/cast Seal of Righteousness
/equip Furious Gladiator's Libram of Fortitude

#showtooltip
/cast Seal of Corruption
/equip Libram of Valiance

#4 oblee

oblee
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:38 PM

BoP macros for everyone, freedom macros, of course if you dont already have this make sure all your attacks are bound like:
#showtooltip Crusader Strike
/startattack
/cast Crusader Strike
so if you make a quick switch you start attacking right away
and cleanse macros for everyone

#5 gowiththeflow87

gowiththeflow87
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sanguino
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationGijon,Spain

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:10 AM

Arena Mates => Freedom , Cleanse, bop , Sacred Shield, Flash of Light, Hand of Sacrifice

Focus target => Repentance, Hammer of Justice

Then you can laugh your ass off at people who says ret only takes 3 buttons :P

#6 tonnylol

tonnylol
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Retribution 1/2/0/2/2/0
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:35 AM

Bop,sacrifice,sacred shield, freedom, flash of light macros for your team mates. HoJ and Repentace focus macro for some cc chain (depends on your comp) Wings Judgement (eventually rocket gloves) macro ;)
Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one. - Bruce Lee

#7 tonnylol

tonnylol
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:38 AM

Forgot the cleanse macro xD
Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one. - Bruce Lee

#8 Rotation

Rotation
  • LocationNy

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

If I am running resto druid hunter ret, do I keep sacred sheild only on the hunter or do I switch it to who ever is being focused?

and about these cleansing / bop macros, do I need to make it for both of my teamates or only the hunter/druid?

#9 Mout

Mout
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:51 PM

depends on teams you're fighting - for a wizzcleave that is always switching, just give up before you get mad and lose too much time

#10 gowiththeflow87

gowiththeflow87
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sanguino
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationGijon,Spain

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:20 PM

If I am running resto druid hunter ret, do I keep sacred sheild only on the hunter or do I switch it to who ever is being focused?

and about these cleansing / bop macros, do I need to make it for both of my teamates or only the hunter/druid?

You put the sacred shield on whoever's getting attacked on your team , you can do it by using separate binds or you can do it by using a single binding based on a targettarget macro (will cast sacred shield on the target your current target is selecting,so you will be set with just one keybinding instead of two).

I have it that way with the Sacred Shield / Fol bindings on my other 2 partners, but when it comes to cleanse/freedom/bop you must have it on both your partners and being separate bindings cause they need to be instant unlike the sacred shield /fol, wich also depends on who your enemy is targetting(not a problem at all since you will be hitting a damage dealer in 99% of the arenas while your team chains CC their healer).

Anyway the targettarget thing with the Sacred Shield is just optional,if you feel like you could work better with a few more bindings then go ahead , i just do it cause it saves me a very few bindings , but as i said before , with Freedoms (out of stuns mostly) , cleanse and bop dont do it that way since they need to be cast instantaneously when the situation calls for it.

#11 Rotation

Rotation
  • LocationNy

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:36 PM

Thank you all for the helpful responses to my noob questions.

Another question I have is Art of War, is this always used on FoL? I tend to only use it on exorsim but am I supposed to use it on both depending on the situation?

If I am supposed to use it on FoL then do I bother casting exorsim, I have never seen a ret pally cast it before.

#12 tonnylol

tonnylol
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:43 PM

Thank you all for the helpful responses to my noob questions.

Another question I have is Art of War, is this always used on FoL? I tend to only use it on exorsim but am I supposed to use it on both depending on the situation?

If I am supposed to use it on FoL then do I bother casting exorsim, I have never seen a ret pally cast it before.

If you going hard out one someone use it for exorcism, if your healer is having a hard time keeping you up use FoL, eventually use all for FoL if you go double dps for 2s, for 3s use Exorcism whenever the CD is up :cool:

#13 Rotation

Rotation
  • LocationNy

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:54 PM

Ah makes sense with how long the cd is exorsim.

I was looking around on the pally forums and I noticed that the amount of resil that they usually run with is rather high. With that said my guild said they would give me a heroic brntoll although I just got 80 this wensday. The question is is heroic brntoll better than t2 wep for rets?

#14 tonnylol

tonnylol
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:09 PM

I was looking around on the pally forums and I noticed that the amount of resil that they usually run with is rather high. With that said my guild said they would give me a heroic brntoll although I just got 80 this wensday. The question is is heroic brntoll better than t2 wep for rets?

IMO ye, If i got the chance to get HC bryntroll i would definitly have it! :P

#15 jpm

jpm
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:13 PM

Is your ret human? Only way I'd use Bryntroll over T2 is if I used the 153 resil medallion

#16 Rotation

Rotation
  • LocationNy

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:15 PM

ok now for the glyphs, what are the must haves, and what are the optinals.

For instance for dks the need glyph of dark death.

what are the 3 main glyphs of ret pallies?
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Cdul2jzBqbY

Season 10 Lets Goooooooo!

#17 tonnylol

tonnylol
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:16 PM

Is your ret human? Only way I'd use Bryntroll over T2 is if I used the 153 resil medallion

Could also go full pvp and deaths choice + Whispering Fanged Skull which is pretty powerful aswell, but ye, resilence trinket + some pve would rock :rolleyes:

#18 Lequezalier

Lequezalier
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:20 PM

ok now for the glyphs, what are the must haves, and what are the optinals.

For instance for dks the need glyph of dark death.

what are the 3 main glyphs of ret pallies?

Judgement, Seal of righteousness and Salvation imo, some people take exorcism over salvation, but only situation i can see it MIGHT be worth it is when u run rrp.

#19 tonnylol

tonnylol
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:32 PM

Judgement, Seal of righteousness and Salvation imo, some people take exorcism over salvation, but only situation i can see it MIGHT be worth it is when u run rrp.

Dont go exorcism by any means imo, your judgement and crusader strikes is the main dmg overall anyway, exorcism got a long cd. You should have salvation, use it for fast switches on your or for survivability after using bubble :D

#20 tonnylol

tonnylol
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:33 PM

at all, scratch "by any means" lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<