Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 19:37. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Are you prepared?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
192 replies to this topic

#61 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:48 PM

Well it really wasnt meant as in insult, and most of the theorycrafting can be found on AJ if you really want to know how it all stacks, it is not hard to know that haste is quite awesome though.

But should I write a guide on how to play prot aswell :P ?

anyway.. HI JIK!

ye! 114-14 seems like a terrible comp to play on misery.

I'd have an easier time going that win ratio on a battlegroup such as Cyclone or any BG almost, since Misery is so inactive this season, and with much better ratings, since it's much more active and variety in teams, rather than lose points when going 32-3 etc.

You don't even play a shaman, I honestly don't see why you are trying to act like a dick. Sure, it might not be needed for everyone, but some might find some of the things somewhat useful.

#62 Jikz

Jikz
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:00 PM

Why r1 lightning bolt on spell reflect over purge?
On what situation warrior will not have magical buffs? :S

Its not always the best to purge when a warrior got up spell reflect, imagine you'd purge of your own bloodlust. Just keep it binded, else just waste a dmg shock. Never waste wind shear unless you really have to, shock healers / casters not warriors! :)
Posted Image

#63 Werloth

Werloth
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • RBG: 2106

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:55 PM

I'd like to add a tip.. Sometimes it's pretty good to get yourself in positions where you know you will be stunned.. For instance, hitting another shamans stoneclaw to get the astral shift effect when you are getting nuked.. It's very situational of course, but just something I do from time to time.. Might seem stupid, idk.. :)

#64 Xunae

Xunae
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1636
  • 3v3: 3100
  • RBG: 1822

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:11 PM

I'd like to add a tip.. Sometimes it's pretty good to get yourself in positions where you know you will be stunned.. For instance, hitting another shamans stoneclaw to get the astral shift effect when you are getting nuked.. It's very situational of course, but just something I do from time to time.. Might seem stupid, idk.. :)

Wow thats interesting, never thought that before ;)

xunamate.com

#65 Gnomer

Gnomer
  • Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Balance
  • RBG: 2404
  • LocationSomewhere up North

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:16 PM

How are you capable of writing that much about elementals? So much fill-out words.

That was a bit mean but it seems much easier than it probably is. :b ^^ Looks good though.
Posted Image
www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbh5l0b2-0o

#66 Werloth

Werloth
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:16 PM

Wow thats interesting, never thought that before ;)

Kinda kept it to myself for a while.. But I guess, what the fuck.. Why not share it..
Posted Image
GET FREDUCATED

#67 Pyrom

Pyrom
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:23 PM

Nice :)

#68 Shamanizer

Shamanizer
  • Premium Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 767

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:04 PM

Its not always the best to purge when a warrior got up spell reflect, imagine you'd purge of your own bloodlust. Just keep it binded, else just waste a dmg shock. Never waste wind shear unless you really have to, shock healers / casters not warriors! :)

if you play with a defensive dispeller againts a non heavy debuff team, its very usefull to reflect flameshock, becuase when its dispelled you gain Lava Flows from it :)

#69 Werloth

Werloth
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:20 PM

if you play with a defensive dispeller againts a non heavy debuff team, its very usefull to reflect flameshock, becuase when its dispelled you gain Lava Flows from it :)

And watershield procs from the tick? ..
Posted Image
GET FREDUCATED

#70 Strygwyr117

Strygwyr117
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:39 PM

Should I do a How To Restoration :3?
S3 - Lady Vashj/Kael'thas Sunstrider.
S4 - Illidan/Brutallus.
S5 - Gladiator 2v2/3v3/5v5 (US-Cyclone).
S6 - Attendance Boss (US-Cyclone).
S7 - Gladiator 3v3 x2 (US-Vindication/Emberstorm).
S8 - Gladiator 3v3/5v5 (US-Cyclone).

Previously known as Strygwyr from Bloodscalp-Cyclone, Dionysus from Earthen Ring-Vindication, Stryg from Rivendare-Emberstorm, and Lvblol from Blackrock-Bloodlust.

#71 EMCL

EMCL
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Brewmaster 1/0/1/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2393
  • 3v3: 1920
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1837

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:50 PM

the thing savage is that lsd is based on aff being so strong with haste now affectign dots

so the way to nerf it would nerf aff locks.. which would nerf lsd's counters (scleave/wld/rls) and yet the lsd can just have lock go destro : o

#72 Werloth

Werloth
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:00 AM

I dont get why people are still playing destro..
Posted Image
GET FREDUCATED

#73 Moonies

Moonies
  • Moderators
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 1/0/0/0/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 957
  • 3v3: 2074
  • RBG: 192

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:20 AM

Should I do a How To Restoration :3?

I am in the process of writing a blog concerning FAQ about shamans for a website, Ill post it here once done =)

#74 Strygwyr117

Strygwyr117
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:41 AM

I am in the process of writing a blog concerning FAQ about shamans for a website, Ill post it here once done =)

Ooo can I contribute :D?:)
S4 - Illidan/Brutallus.

Previously known as Strygwyr from Bloodscalp-Cyclone, Dionysus from Earthen Ring-Vindication, Stryg from Rivendare-Emberstorm, and Lvblol from Blackrock-Bloodlust.

#75 Moonies

Moonies
  • Moderators
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 1/0/0/0/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 957
  • 3v3: 2074
  • RBG: 192

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:44 AM

Sure once posted here, which will be somewhere tomorrow =)

#76 Speedwagon

Speedwagon
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:19 AM

I would still disagree that 4% hit rating is enough.

The point that I was trying to make in an earlier post is that you can have 4% hit with a draenei and not have to spend an extra talent in elemental precision, bringing you up to 5% which personally I have found is the minimum.

I have 4.11% without the hit neck, and 6.48% with it.

Using the spec given in the guide (Plus the changes to imp weapons and the crit talents) I'm noticing that alot of my spells are beginning to miss.

Is it really worth the extra 4% mana regen for relatively quick fights?

#77 Tuhka

Tuhka
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:21 AM

You got a typo in the haste section again, you forgot to list the 13% passive haste for the calculations.
I would also like to have it calculated a bit more realisticly:

bl+lvf+em=1,3*1,3*1,15=1,9435 which equals 94,35% faster casts, and basicly leaves the last 3% (2/1.9435=1.029=~1.03) for you to get passively to cap lightning bolt cast time.
You can cap it with WoA totem (104% faster casts), but its nearly never used with some non-caster comp exceptions, spamming it always after your grounding is down is just not worth the globals and mana.

This is also a good point in timing bloodlust right, you want to have it stacked with EM. Haste on top of that should not be gained by sacrificing crit, so the best way to get haste is crit/haste/sp pve gear, and trinket slot (dfo). Just dont forget to wear at least the needed value of resilience.

#78 Shamanizer

Shamanizer
  • Premium Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 767

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:33 AM

And watershield procs from the tick? ..

yes, but thats not what we're after :P ?

#79 Coca

Coca
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:48 AM

I would still disagree that 4% hit rating is enough.

The point that I was trying to make in an earlier post is that you can have 4% hit with a draenei and not have to spend an extra talent in elemental precision, bringing you up to 5% which personally I have found is the minimum.

I have 4.11% without the hit neck, and 6.48% with it.

Using the spec given in the guide (Plus the changes to imp weapons and the crit talents) I'm noticing that alot of my spells are beginning to miss.

Is it really worth the extra 4% mana regen for relatively quick fights?

Why is everyone so caught up with 5% hit? You either need 4% base hit or 6% to counter racials, so as draenei that'd be 3/5.

And TBH, you will lose ALOT more games due to not being hit capped vs BE/NE/Tauren than that extra 60 or whatever haste would gain you, there's no excuse to not be capped vs racials, especially considering which classes we're talking about here: all druids, all horde paladins, most horde shamans and quite a few mages/locks/priests/rogues.

#80 Strygwyr117

Strygwyr117
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:35 AM

Why is everyone so caught up with 5% hit? You either need 4% base hit or 6% to counter racials, so as draenei that'd be 3/5.

And TBH, you will lose ALOT more games due to not being hit capped vs BE/NE/Tauren than that extra 60 or whatever haste would gain you, there's no excuse to not be capped vs racials, especially considering which classes we're talking about here: all druids, all horde paladins, most horde shamans and quite a few mages/locks/priests/rogues.

Belf Rogues/Paladins (the majority of horde rogues/paladins thanks to will of the forsaken nerf) require 10% hit: 4% base, 4% class, 2% racial.

In any case this argument deals with instances that are so few in between (probably once every fifty games if that) where a belf will resist your hex or shear and win the game.

It's the same reasoning for why most people don't run with an absurd amount of spell pen to counter mage armor. It just doesn't happen enough to make it worthwhile.

Imo +/- hit/resist racials/skills need to gtfo.
S4 - Illidan/Brutallus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users