Knarox
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/1/.

Posted 17 April 2010 - 04:20 PM

Here is my comprehensive live video guide for Elemental rotations:

"Oh yeah, well I've had about enough of morons and half wits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells... and you, you chowder-head yokel, you blithering hayseed. You've had enough of me?"

#42 EMCL

EMCL
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Brewmaster 1/0/1/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2393
  • 3v3: 1920
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1837

Posted 17 April 2010 - 04:23 PM

unrelenting storms really now.

it is a rare day indeed when i run oom even when spamming all games.

Hell, my team can play the game with the intent of ooming the other team and I never have to drink, just make sure you play around lava burst or other crits, as in never ever heal without clearcasting up

#43 EMCL

EMCL
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 17 April 2010 - 04:26 PM

oh god jik your spec is super fail, you didnt max out the crit talent but you got the one that buffs flametongue weapon?

just do the simple math, the crit is worth wayyyyy more ilevel wise.

also, many would say reverb and guardian totems are >>>>>>>>>> flamentongue bonus and US - although to be fair I havent played US in forever

edit: blowi you did the same thing! Thundering strikes point for point is > elemental weapons, any way you swing it. : x

#44 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 17 April 2010 - 05:08 PM

oh god jik your spec is super fail, you didnt max out the crit talent but you got the one that buffs flametongue weapon?

also, many would say reverb and guardian totems are >>>>>>>>>> flamentongue bonus and US - although to be fair I havent played US in forever

edit: blowi you did the same thing! Thundering strikes point for point is > elemental weapons, any way you swing it. : x

well, i did it the other way around due to my low items i had before my spell power was pretty fucking shit, so i felt like having more spell power :)

i must be honest, i've thought a lot about swapping into a lil different spec like 4/5 rev but not been this much online lately to test out things :)
gg stepping up to a brother

btw, i've found myself going oom playing other comps than LSD, due to how retarded that comp is :<

edit again, thought of this spec http://www.wowhead.c...qcd0tGfuAo0gg0o but not sure :)

it depends a lot on comp, i'll update the things a little, and put some to more debate.

#45 Werloth

Werloth
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental
  • RBG: 2106

Posted 17 April 2010 - 05:22 PM

Yo.. Im only 2600 as lsd.. lf help

#46 Pythe

Pythe
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication

Posted 17 April 2010 - 05:47 PM

I've been thinking along those lines too blowi, but I love US too much. I'd probably drop like 2% crit and get 2/3 in it

edit: also, does anyone ever use a meta other than 3% crit?

#47 Kicknz

Kicknz
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:27 PM

- It's a good idea to have Lightning Bolt R1 bound, even though you sometimes use wind shear to eat a warrior's spell reflect, it's not always good - Let's say the warrior is really low in health, and you're using wind shear to remove his spell reflect, but the warrior's healer is casting a strong heal you else would had been capable of interrupting.

great guide

something i generally do when i don't want to eat my wind shear CD is purge the warrior (granted you have a chance of dispelling something like bloodlust on yourself, most the time i'm fully dispelled at this point and dispel something like watershield)

upside to purge is the same as wind shear, no missle time

#48 Jackow

Jackow
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/.

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:28 PM

US is nice vs double healers and wld/wlp teams imo, Im still considering the reverb but might have to test it out without US to see if im ooming alot quicker for those long matchs.

Edit:

great guide

something i generally do when i don't want to eat my wind shear CD is purge the warrior (granted you have a chance of dispelling something like bloodlust on yourself, most the time i'm fully dispelled at this point and dispel something like watershield)

upside to purge is the same as wind shear, no missle time

If your playing with a disc or holy pally try flameshocking reflects(if its off cd) then getting your healer to dispell it for lavaflows :D . Also against warrior mage holypally(not a really common comp but still) you can use the flameshock reflect to keep you out of sheeps if theyre not on you.

#49 EMCL

EMCL
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:35 PM

well, i did it the other way around due to my low items i had before my spell power was pretty fucking shit, so i felt like having more spell power :)

i must be honest, i've thought a lot about swapping into a lil different spec like 4/5 rev but not been this much online lately to test out things :)
gg stepping up to a brother

btw, i've found myself going oom playing other comps than LSD, due to how retarded that comp is :<

edit again, thought of this spec http://www.wowhead.c...qcd0tGfuAo0gg0o but not sure :)

it depends a lot on comp, i'll update the things a little, and put some to more debate.

You forgot earth's grasp : P. 2/2 earth's grasp 3/5 ancestral knowledge and that spec looks good.

Perhaps you do need US for comps where your job is to spam bolts/off heal a lot more.

LSD it feels like our job (if you actually play well instead of just 5v5 ele) is alot more peel and snare oriented, which is perhaps why i dont have any mana issues.

#50 Jikz

Jikz
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:41 PM

Thank you for adding something useful to this guide :) However, the only thing I might swap is the flametongue to crit talent then. I wont play without US, once I started using it I could pretty much do anything I wanted instead of just going oom and having to drink. I just dont get how you cant have that problem at all? This obviously doesnt go for all comps, but just the mana issues in general
Posted Image

#51 Jikz

Jikz
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:44 PM

Also quick note, so far ive played LSD and hpala ele warr on really high lvl and I tried reverb with it. I just didnt feel anything beyond superior with that just a waste with 4 talent points, remember thats just my opinion though!
Posted Image

#52 Jikz

Jikz
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:54 PM

Yo.. Im only 2600 as lsd.. lf help

The druid really gotta see when hes able to assist with roots / cyclones in order to score a kill, else than that your druid dont necessarily have to play really aggresive. Lock and sham just have to cordinate their spells really, be fast on tremor, fast on peeling for your druid when needed, switch alot against most comps when anyone is in a bad position really. Just some minor things, quite hard to say exactly whats missing.

Believe me, this comp got potential if you got great players :)
Posted Image

#53 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:59 PM

LSD depends a lot on your BG though, if it's active and a lot of different teams queue up, it's great :)

Rather than Misery where you lose -22 each time, and you face WLD most of the times xD

#54 Strygwyr117

Strygwyr117
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:03 PM

Good thread Blowi :D

Y/N on making a How To Restoration?
S3 - Lady Vashj/Kael'thas Sunstrider.
S4 - Illidan/Brutallus.
S5 - Gladiator 2v2/3v3/5v5 (US-Cyclone).
S6 - Attendance Boss (US-Cyclone).
S7 - Gladiator 3v3 x2 (US-Vindication/Emberstorm).
S8 - Gladiator 3v3/5v5 (US-Cyclone).

Previously known as Strygwyr from Bloodscalp-Cyclone, Dionysus from Earthen Ring-Vindication, Stryg from Rivendare-Emberstorm, and Lvblol from Blackrock-Bloodlust.

#55 Shinz

Shinz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:11 PM

Summarize: PVE rotation.

or hit mutilate

shit was hard with like the 3 cooldowns rogues hard.... should i cloak the chaosbolt or lava burst

Cloaking chaosbolts all day err'day

#56 ikelol

ikelol
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:16 PM

blowi come play lsd with me on stormscale pretty please
Posted Image

#57 Felic

Felic
  • Felic
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:07 PM

Glad you liked our guide, saw the unnerfed comment <3

Well it really wasnt meant as in insult, and most of the theorycrafting can be found on AJ if you really want to know how it all stacks, it is not hard to know that haste is quite awesome though.

But should I write a guide on how to play prot aswell :P ?

anyway.. HI JIK!

LSD depends a lot on your BG though, if it's active and a lot of different teams queue up, it's great :)

Rather than Misery where you lose -22 each time, and you face WLD most of the times xD

ye! 114-14 seems like a terrible comp to play on misery.

:o i didnt c wat u did thar, could you explain for us dumb ppl?

#58 Jikz

Jikz
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:36 PM

Well it really wasnt meant as in insult, and most of the theorycrafting can be found on AJ if you really want to know how it all stacks, it is not hard to know that haste is quite awesome though.

But should I write a guide on how to play prot aswell :P ?

anyway.. HI JIK!

ye! 114-14 seems like a terrible comp to play on misery.

Heh, we just did this guide to get people together and discuss / take part from our guide. Even if we just can "learn" 1 small thing you didnt know about ele shamans I found it quite amusing to write all this together with Blowi. Cause of the end of the day this was just born out of boredom. Experienced players know pretty much everything we mentioned, new coming players not so much.

Feel free to do a prot pala guide mate! :)
Posted Image

#59 Werloth

Werloth
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • RBG: 2106

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:39 PM

inb4 LSD nerf [email protected]

#60 Thakeelol

Thakeelol
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:44 PM

Why r1 lightning bolt on spell reflect over purge?
On what situation warrior will not have magical buffs? :S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<