Photo

Alternate Design a BG, Win SC2 Beta Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
141 replies to this topic

#1 Rapture

Rapture
  • Administrators

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:23 PM

Arena Junkies members who cannot post in the main news thread should be submit their ideas for battlegrounds in this thread.

http://www.arenajunk...ad.php?t=171330

Next Monday, on WoWverload, along with ESLTV, we're going to be giving away 5 Starcraft 2 Beta keys for designing a battleground you would like to play!

With Cataclysm and rated BGs coming up, we want to see what creative ideas you guys have for making a battleground you would like to play. You can submit your pictures of your battleground or you can submit an idea for an interesting mechanic.

Prize:

• Startcraft 2 Beta keys will be given to the top 5 BG designs we deem to be the best/most interesting/most creative on WoWverload.

When:
  • Your submission must be submitted in this thread by Sunday, April 18, at Midnight EST.
  • The contestants will be discussed and winners will be announced on next week's WoWverload on ESLTV at 4PMEST / 22:00 CET

If you cannot post in this thread. Please post in this thread in the Waiting Room.

Have fun and get your submissions in. You don't want to miss a chance to win a Starcraft 2 beta key.

Enjoy.

#2 Grilldarksorrow

Grilldarksorrow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:53 PM

H o l y s h i t

#3 Seriana

Seriana
  • Seriana
  • Banned
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:07 PM

how about

AV

with ulduar like vehicles

thats kind of like AB

wait nm that IOC

looks like its time to get designing

Im going to buy Seriana a dildo

#4 Rinolduus

Rinolduus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • RBG: 192

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:17 PM

nagrand arena 40vs40!

#5 extreme0

extreme0
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:18 PM

It's definitely not something new or something you hear for the 1st time but i think implementing this into the World of Warcraft would be a total blast. My idea for a battleground is to bring DOTA into the World of Warcraft as a 10/10 map. There would be no leveling up.

I have 2 ideas for how could it work:

Scenario A) You start the game with some basic gear (that isint even green but is for lvl 80) as the game continues and as you kill other mobs and/or hero you'd get points for which you could buy your own gear that you normally carry with you. Each death would put you further away from obtaining your gear as well as each "frag" would allow you to gear up faster.

Scenario B) Everyone starts with the gear they have and we fight on normal bases where killing eachother only gives map control advantages.

The idea is that with 10 players on the map which would be preety similar to the DOTA original map both in shape and size, you could have 3 teams of 3-4 members fighting on their respective line in their small arena sized teams, which would be kinda cool combination of arena and bg gameplay. Moreover i think i could end up a really competitive bg with interesting goal, rapid action and lots of startegies for achieving victory. With 10 players on each team you can have loads of variables that can affect the outcome of the game.

EDIT: Also i think it would be great to watch as an e-sport type of game since it would be basically 3 arena matches at ones going on all the time with some unexpected player swapping their group for a better match, and also WoW is way more visual than dota so it would be easier to comprehend what's going on for the viewers.

#6 Yilar

Yilar
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 767

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:32 PM

Make the starting area of Ulduar a BG with vehicles that have to work together somehow to win by destorying the towers.

#7 Baconataur

Baconataur

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:55 PM

I think recent BG's have been focusing too hard on vehicles and the Warcraft feeling, and less focused on player entertaining. I think everyone here can agree that if Battlegrounds were fun, we would enjoy playing them more. It is with this in mind that I have designed the following battleground:

Pit of Champions
Type: Deathmatch
Size: 15 v 15
Required Group Size: 3

This rated Battleground pits the Alliance and the Horde in an all out deathmatch. Forget resources and territorial control-- you cannot claim land from six feet under. Players will queue in groups of 3, and join alongside four other groups of similar matchmaking rating to fight against the opposing faction.

The battlefield itself will be approximately the size of Warsong gulch, and feature varying terrain like Arathi Basin. Each team will begin with 50 reinforcements. Each death will reduce reinforcements by 1. There is no way to regain reinforcements. In essence, the battle is a deathmatch with a score limit of 50, but maintains Blizzards reinforcements system.

Definitions:
Group - Your matchmaking group of 3
Team - Your battleground team of 15

There are six graveyards on the field that cannot be capped (to avoid graveyard camping). When your group is killed, you will respawn at a random graveyard safely away from the enemy.

Similar to other battlegrounds, the Pit of Champions will contain five powerups. These powerups are inspired from the Halo series and spawn in static locations with a 2 minute respawn timer.

Powerups
- Cloaking - Shrowds your group in an invisible state. You cannot be seen by any means while cloaked. Attacking or casting will break the effect. After leaving the invisible state, you gain 15 seconds of a 30% cloak of shadows effect.
- Time Warp - Increases battleground team run speed by 20% and awards 20% melee and casting haste.
- Revitalize - Quickly renews health and mana to your group, and awards a 20% boost to health and mana pools, as well as 20% damage reduction. Lasts 45 seconds or until cancelled.
- Berserking - Increases battleground team damage, critical strike chance and healing done by 20%. Lasts 30 seconds or until cancelled.
- Legendary - Places a legendary item in your inventory based on your class spec. Lasts 30 seconds. The Legendary will be more powerful than any item found in PvP or PvE, and is a pseudo god mode. Avoid anyone with this powerup at all costs. Lasts 45 seconds or until cancelled. Spawns in the direct middle of the map.

Powerups will have a fixed spawn timer, and controlling these powerups will be part of the battlegrounds meta game.

In addition to the powerups, this battleground will feature a killstreak system, based on killing blows. The killstreak rewards are as follows:

Killstreak Rewards
- Scouting (3 Kills) - All enemies will appear on your minimap, map and battleground map.
- Gryphon Bombing (6 Kills) - Players can coordinate a gryphon bombing run on a specified location on the map. Grphon Bombs deal 110% of health. Revitalize and Berserking Buffs prevent you from being oneshot by Gryphon Bombs.
- Resupplies (9 Kills) - A mage will teleport in a random powerup at your location.
- Gryphon Rider (12 Kills) - Your group mounts a group of grphons that can be manually flown. Flies at 280% speed and drops Grphon Bombs at your target. Lasts 30 seconds.
- Wrecking Ball (20 Kills) - You become a wrecking ball. Awards all five powerups with a 2 minute duration. Resets your killstreak to 3.

Will attach a map picture later when I get home from work.

#8 Poscape

Poscape
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:44 PM

I like the idea of above minus the Killstreak rewards because it would be way to easy to gain them with the HK system.

Since most of the bgs are Open area games to some extent. I think a fresh idea would be to have a "closed" BG. Where combat is based on small groups fighting in rooms and different levels. This would make the action quicker and allow for faster games.

It would be a deathmatch/king of the hill kind of game. It would be 10 v. 10 with half of each team of 5 starting out opposite from each other.

There would be a random position of the "hill" where a team would have to cap the flag and hold it for 2mins and then the "hill" will move to another random location after the time limit is up.

Once a team hits the time cap or kills enough of the other team,teams will start out with 50 enforcements, they win the match. 10min cap.

I will post a picture of the map later.

#9 Arthric

Arthric
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:01 PM

Stormwind prison/ Orgrimmar prison

Players: 10

like strand of the ancients it's randomized which goes first.

During the 2 minute preperation period you may buff between cells however when it's over you can't even see through them also during this time the warden patrols you yelling things such as “you worthless orcs.” “heh fried tauren tonight!” “look at the meat on that one!” “you freakish fiend!” “i'm going to have you wish you were never born!” “no books to protect you now mage!” (i'd like a large chat pool to keep things fresh, things involving the characters race or class are good.)

If you are in the opposing faction's prison you must fight your way out you spawn 2 people in a cell you must break the doors to get out of the prison cell and make your way out of the jail once you have ALL of your team members out of the prison then the other team must fight to get out of your prison whichever team does this the fastest wins

meant to be fast pased somewhat small quarters action rooms to be about 75-100 yards with the small room being about 25 yards

what this bg does is forces your entire team to work together to get everyone out of the prison rather then just rushing tanks into walls and relying on only a few people to really do anything this encourages people to not stray from the pack to be easily picked off

the concept is to get out of your cell and rally against your opponents who have clubs which stack a slowing debuff on you this forces you to fight one if they are attacking you to escape.

In each room there will be a certain amount of npc's that are friendly to their respective prisons

10-20 minute maximum duration before the warden comes and sends you all back to your cells

the gates can be opened if you're not a convict they close immediately after

I was trying very hard to think of fitting names for the rooms but I couldn't for the life of me think of the name of a room that would be in a good time period for a warcraft prison my mind kept reverting to mess hall and cafeteria lol.

Spoiler

Spoiler

i SUCK at paint but here's a picture i was basically trying to flip the prisons.

#10 Cerilla

Cerilla
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Muradin
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:18 PM

I think recent BG's have been focusing too hard on vehicles and the Warcraft feeling, and less focused on player entertaining. I think everyone here can agree that if Battlegrounds were fun, we would enjoy playing them more. It is with this in mind that I have designed the following battleground:

Pit of Champions
Type: Deathmatch
Size: 15 v 15
Required Group Size: 3

This rated Battleground pits the Alliance and the Horde in an all out deathmatch. Forget resources and territorial control-- you cannot claim land from six feet under. Players will queue in groups of 3, and join alongside four other groups of similar matchmaking rating to fight against the opposing faction.

The battlefield itself will be approximately the size of Warsong gulch, and feature varying terrain like Arathi Basin. Each team will begin with 50 reinforcements. Each death will reduce reinforcements by 1. There is no way to regain reinforcements. In essence, the battle is a deathmatch with a score limit of 50, but maintains Blizzards reinforcements system.

Definitions:
Group - Your matchmaking group of 3
Team - Your battleground team of 15

There are six graveyards on the field that cannot be capped (to avoid graveyard camping). When your group is killed, you will respawn at a random graveyard safely away from the enemy.

Similar to other battlegrounds, the Pit of Champions will contain five powerups. These powerups are inspired from the Halo series and spawn in static locations with a 2 minute respawn timer.

Powerups
- Cloaking - Shrowds your group in an invisible state. You cannot be seen by any means while cloaked. Attacking or casting will break the effect. After leaving the invisible state, you gain 15 seconds of a 30% cloak of shadows effect.
- Time Warp - Increases battleground team run speed by 20% and awards 20% melee and casting haste.
- Revitalize - Quickly renews health and mana to your group, and awards a 20% boost to health and mana pools, as well as 20% damage reduction. Lasts 45 seconds or until cancelled.
- Berserking - Increases battleground team damage, critical strike chance and healing done by 20%. Lasts 30 seconds or until cancelled.
- Legendary - Places a legendary item in your inventory based on your class spec. Lasts 30 seconds. The Legendary will be more powerful than any item found in PvP or PvE, and is a pseudo god mode. Avoid anyone with this powerup at all costs. Lasts 45 seconds or until cancelled. Spawns in the direct middle of the map.

Powerups will have a fixed spawn timer, and controlling these powerups will be part of the battlegrounds meta game.

In addition to the powerups, this battleground will feature a killstreak system, based on killing blows. The killstreak rewards are as follows:

Killstreak Rewards
- Scouting (3 Kills) - All enemies will appear on your minimap, map and battleground map.
- Gryphon Bombing (6 Kills) - Players can coordinate a gryphon bombing run on a specified location on the map. Grphon Bombs deal 110% of health. Revitalize and Berserking Buffs prevent you from being oneshot by Gryphon Bombs.
- Resupplies (9 Kills) - A mage will teleport in a random powerup at your location.
- Gryphon Rider (12 Kills) - Your group mounts a group of grphons that can be manually flown. Flies at 280% speed and drops Grphon Bombs at your target. Lasts 30 seconds.
- Wrecking Ball (20 Kills) - You become a wrecking ball. Awards all five powerups with a 2 minute duration. Resets your killstreak to 3.

Will attach a map picture later when I get home from work.

This is a pretty amazing idea with the exception of pairing other rated teams together in that essentially your chance to win the game is based on other people who aren't on your team's ability to play.

Edit: Oh and the kill streaks are a little too much like COD MW2,

#11 Kukulol

Kukulol
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Mannoroth
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:31 PM

Took me a half hour to create the following overview (bad english included =D)
Maybe there are still some fails inside, but i dont care cause Blizz will never ask me for that BG idea.

Name: Valley of the Past

Location: a old location with left gold mines, a ruin in the middle of the lake and a huge cave with many course. Huge Mountains in the North, ocean in the south
Environment: Arathi Style in the northern Part, Stranglethorn/Strand of the Ancient Style in the South
A mix of both in the center of the map (where action takes place)

Size: 25v25, maybe a bit bigger. Just enough players for lots of action but not too many.... to keep it tactical and not zerk BG

Time Limit: 1 hour maximum. If no team can rescue the artifact into its base, its a Draw

Graveyards: 6 overall (1 in Horde/Alliance Base which cannot be captured, 4 neutral spread over the map which can be captured)
- talking to the Spiritual Guide you can choose where you want to respawn (can only choose graveyards which belong to your faction

Description:
- 2 Bases (Horde/Alliance, maybe Goblin vs. Nightelf)
- bases located at the Edge of the BG
- Lakes, hills, caves, ruins, and so on in the center of the map --> somewhere in a center point an old magic artifact is hidden
- Both teams have to find this artifact and rescue it to Team Base
- the item spawns randomly every round in one of those lakes, caves, and so one (just some special places, i.e. never have been diving on a BG for a smart reason and not only for hiding from enemys)
- Teams spread out or form smaller groups to search the Artifact, it will have a glow, so if you're standing within 5yard range you wont miss it unless you're blind
- 1 Player who has found that Artifact, can pick it up and he has to carry it to his base, the clue is, that this artifact leaves a debuff on the player. Furthermore the player will gain a shiny glow, so that other players can see who carrys the artifact
- Debuff1: 4 Stack type
- 1. Stack: 25% reduced movement speed, Immune to CC effects. 0-60 Sec after picking up the Artifact
- 2. Stack: 50% reduced movement speed, Immune to CC effects. 61-120 Sec after picking up the Artifact
- 3. Stack: 75% reduced movement speed, Immune to CC effects. 121-180 Sec after picking up the Artifact
- 4. Stack: unable to move, Immune to CC effects. 181-240 Sec after picking up the Artifact
- Players can drop the Artifact right clicking it in the inventory at any time, so they or their teams can decide, how fast the artifact could arrive in team base
- furthermore if a player drops that Artifact (by right clicking it) he will lose Debuff1 and gains another one, which prevents him from picking up the artifact again for 2 minutes
- After the Artifact was found by one team, its location will ALWAYS be visible on the map
- the team, which does not have found the artifact at first, has to capture it by killing the player who carrys it.
- If the carrying player is killed, he will drop the Artifact and it can be picked up by every other player. He will NOT gain Debuff number 2
- there will be more ways from the middle of the map to the bases.
- shorter routes which take less time, but are more dangerous, cause the opponent team has more opportunitys to prepare an ambush (on small ledges, behind bushes and huge stones or something like that)
- the longer routes will take more time, but are more safety

Artifact Spawnpoints
- 3 greater areas (Mine located in south, Lake/Underwater Ruin located in the middle, Cave located in the north) --> in one of them is the artefact
- there are more artifact-spawnpoints in one area, but they're close together i.e. @ the cave you have like 10 different rooms and in one of them is the artefact, in case its hidden in the cave ;)

Theory:
- with 2. Stack of Debuff1 you would need 5 minutes from the place where the artifact was found to your base (medium route (not short/long)
- 4 neutral Graveyards are protected by some faction NPCs
- The bases of the factions cannot be captured or camped by players of the enemy teams.
- The bases will be protected by elite guards of the Factions, which deal extremely high dmg and have really high HP (simply you cannot kill them and they prevent the enemy faction from spawnkilling)

Others:
- never seen fighting mechanics: planning an Ambush in a small gorge, fighting underwater in a ancient ruin, use the "protection of darkness" inside the small cave
exploring old mines and rotted caves when the enemy sits on your back
- teamplay on a higher lvl: send out partys/groups for different spots to look for the artifact, communicate how to carry artifact, how many stacks to gain per player, which route to choose,...
- standard Powerups are spread over the map of course
- NO vehicles because they really suck. Havin overpowered cannons in IoC and SotA is quite enough.

RP:
- Q: What is that artifact and what is it good for?
A: Its an old piece of crap BUT, of course, it has mighty magic energys which both factions wanna research and use later on. How unexpected!
- Q: Your map looks like a road accident! But anyway. What do you think where THIS place could be?
A: ... maybe @ that southern half Isle @ Tanaris
Q: Why do both factions wanna rescue that artifact, when it weakens the players. Seems not clever to rescue an artefact which fu**s you up
A: Dont be stupid. Every great magic has its own sort of disadvantage. Its like a 2 sided coin ;)
Q: You're retard creating such an design and writing a Q&A with yourself
A: All my arena mates are not online or just wasting time raiding... so far FU!

And of course this wouldnt be that great if you couldnt spit on a fu**ed up paint drawing xD

http://img100.images....us/i/bg1d.png/

Get "Valley of the Past" on Top of the pops xD!!!

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:49 PM

Name of BG: TBD

Players:

Competitive play(MLG, ESL, Blizzcon): 5 per team
Rated Battle Ground: 15 per team

Size of map: small or medium size.

Objective: First team to gather 200 resources wins.

Description:

Each team has a set goal, the goal is to gather more resources then your opponent. The only way to get said resources is by collecting objects in the middle of the field. You must run to the middle of the field, grab a object and run it back to your base. Each object will award the team 10 resources. If you kill a player who has a object in their bags, the object will drop and still stay in the that location for 50 seconds, after 50 seconds the object will disappear.

While you are in the starting zone you will gain a buff. This buff will make it so you can not take damage. This will some what prevent grave yard camping. If a enemy players tires to enter the opponents starting zone, they will be teleported back to mid field.

Map Legend:

Big green dot: This is where you will be getting the objects to run back to base.
Dirt Road: This will be your main path way to the resources.
Alliance starting zone: Is the light blue area on the map.
Horde stating zone: Is the red area on the map.
Water: There will be two water holes on the map(NOTE; You can not fish here, but you can fight).
Extra white area: This will be covered with trees and rocks. Blizzard will be able to fill it in as needed.

NOTE; I used the word object quite a bit. The reason behind this is because I have no idea what the resources will look like. Who knows, maybe the resources will be boxes or maybe even bails of hay.

Posted Image

Keeping it simple.

#13 Praiz

Praiz
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:13 PM

Only two things to really point out as problems from what I've read...

First: The size of the best two that I read were 15vs15 and 25vs25 (James was saying that smaller should definately be the focus, less RNG and more personal skill required) 15 Could possibly work, but really 25 is just too big, although for a non competative BG that could have been alot of fun (No Vehicles...)

Secondly: The idea of Alliance Vs Horde is probably going to have to go, if you seriously expect to see competative EU play the only worthy Alliance teams (Possibly BG's) Are pretty much going to the Germans (Not only, but majority). Whereas for the EN realms it'll probably be about 75-80% Horde teams, and the top bracket mainly Horde only, so I think pitting Team against anything, even Faction vs Faction, as in; Your team takes priority over your faction, and you'll backstab the fuck out of anyone outside your team. (Nice vendetta / bloodshed)

Hoping to design one when I get some time :)

Cheers,

- Praiz <3
Posted Image

#14 Lasting

Lasting
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/2/2/2/0

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:57 PM

Can't seem to post the image for whatever reason, file size might be too big or something, anyway its pretty much several nagrand arenas next to each other (Click the link to see what i mean :( )
http://s490.photobuc...urrent=BG-1.jpg

Size:10 or 15 man

Red:Horde Buffing Area
Blue:Alliance Buffing Area
Yellow: Fighting Area
Random Circle Things:Pillars
(Everything would actually be the same size for each one, I just suck at paint)

2 (Or 3) people from each faction are put into a buffing area. This probably won't work in a pug unless there was some sort of selecting you're role of healer or dps, so possibly may only work for rated BGs. These people then buff up, and fight in the middle. This is pretty much an arena game of 2v2 or 3v3. When one faction is victorious in their section, one member of the team may go through a door which will now open (The darkened bit in each arena). This may not happen for some time due to it being a guarenteed loss or whatever, maybe if nobody else has one after 2/3 minutes, so there aren't long games (DK/ Druid mirrors anyone?) and somebody does win. Best of 3. Faction to win most "zones" per game win that round.

It's pretty much an arena battleground. Probably a terrible idea, but oh well, could be fun I guess!:P

#15 Hamstar

Hamstar
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Echsenkessel
  • Sturmangriff / Charge

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:09 PM

'Aztec Grounds'

Posted Image

This is my try on a new BG.

It is obvious I really liked the Idea of the Boss Thorim of Ulduar (splitting the Raid and benefitting from the other half doing well).

My BG is splitted as well.
It is a 15vs15 BG which is splitted into a 5v5 and a 10v10.
If the 5 people on one side do well, the 10 of the same side receive a buff.
If the 10 people of one side do well, they win the BG.

So where do I spawn, outside or inside?
This is random, just like on which ship you spawn at Strand of the Ancients.
However there is a NPC right at your spawn at which you can que for outside/inside and you will be offered to swap if someone from the other side qued as well.
This way everyone should be able to do the part he prefers and it's especially nice for premades that can build a 5v5 and a 10v10 team that fit the tasks perfectly and then exchange positions until they have the teams they want on each side of the bg.

The Inside
The inside area is a Tunnel. In the middle of the tunnel there is a Flag you need to tap (5 seconds tap time) and hold for 30 seconds. If you conquer it, both teams get teleported back to the spawn and the tunnel task will start over. Also the 10 people fighting for your side on the outside gain a 15% damage done 15% healing done 15% HP increase that stacks up to 2 times. The inside Team will gain a 5% damage done 5% healing done 5% HP DECREASE that keeps on stacking every round up to 50% until they lose so it wont be as easy to conquer the flag again for them. However, if they manage to capture the middle again, the outside team will now have a 30% buff and the inside team a -10% debuff.
If they do it for the third dime the outside team will keep the 30% buff and the inside team will have a -15% debuff so it keeps on getting harder to keep the outside team buffed.
If the opposing team manages to capture the middle now, their outside team will receive no buff but your team, which you buffed by 30% in the previous battles, loses 15% of their buff (but you will regain 5% of the stats you lost in the previous rounds youve won).
If your outside team has 0% of the buff, your inside team will also lose their negative percentages and will be back at 100%.

You can't simply walk up to the flag and tap it though.
There are two tasks that need to be completed first, and then you have to fight for it against the opposing 5 players as well.

The first task is to defeat a tanking NPC. Upon killing this NPC the first gate will open. This NPC should have the HP pool of a 5 man heroic boss so it could be rather easy to kill (30 seconds with 3-4 dps classes)

However it is backed up by a healing NPC that is invulnerable and constantly casts spells that need to be interrupted. The first spell is a 2 second casttime aoe fear that fears all 5 players for 2 seconds. The second spell is a 3 second casttime heal onto the tanking NPC that will heal for it ~50% of its maximum HP. Both can be interrupted but are different schools so you will need at least 2 interrupts or a very fast one that can eat the 2 second fear and interrupt the heal in the last second.

The next task is a tunnel with 3 Valkyrs at its end.
Everyone knows Sartharion. This is pretty much like the flamewave part except you take no damage but get knocked back to the start of the tunnel. You constantly need to avoid 2 of the valkyrs' wind attacks to get through. Once the first player is through, the valkyrs will stop their attacks and the others can follow easily.

You've finally reached the room before the Flagroom! The first player to be here can pick up a Berserking Power Up.
This room is mainly here to avoid the zerg a single room in between the two tunnels would cause.
It can not be entered by the opposing team even if it was way faster than yours, so you can team up now and get ready to start an attack if the enemy already tapped the middle.

If one team manages to tap the Flag in the Middle it now has to defend it for 30 seconds.
However, as soon as your team taps the flag, the valkyrs on your side get reactivated, so if someone dies he needs to get through to deactivate them again. The other teams valkyrs stay deactivated, since they're at a disadvantage anyways and need to run all the way from their spawn to retap the flag (the way should take about 15 seconds without valkyrs and tank/heal NPC up; 5 seconds runtime for the NPC part, 10 seconds for the valkyr part. This way you should have one try to retap the middle if you got defeated by the opposing five, who will struggle to get their dead players back in time since these have to do the valkyr task once again).

As I said before, the Flag in the middle room should take about 5 seconds to tap and 30 seconds to be captured, awards your outside team with the buff and your inside team with the debuff and teleports everyone on the inside back to the spawn for a rematch to further buff your outside team or remove the buffs of the opposing one. This will go on until one outside team ends the BG (which shouldnt take forever if youre doing your job well and they have the 30% buff for a couple of minutes).

The Tunnel could be designed like an Aztecian catacomb.

The Outside
The Outside is a map of about 2/3 to ¾ of the size of WSG.
I imagined it to be designed like the counterstrike map aztec, you know, a jungle map.
In my opinion jungles are what WoW lacks the most. We got lots of deserts and cold places but everyone misses STV and there's no reason to visit Sholazar Basin unless you're leveling or farming saronite (or to visit STV unless you enjoy ganking lowbies or your ZG tigermount didnt drop yet even though youve been there like 100 times).

The outside map is 10vs10 with one goal: destroy the enemy base.
How do you do it? You fight your way through the middle and tap it (yeah Bgs are all about tapping stuff). Then you hold it for 1 minute and the BG is over. Sounds easy? Well it isn't without the help of your inside team.

The Destructible base you need to tap and hold is right below the opposing spawn (that has an npc to exchange 5v5 and 10v10 positions as well). You can reach the Destructible base over two ramps (just like the ones at the two endings of the bridge in Blade's Edge, except much bigger). The spawn point is like the one in EotS, you can't attack the players who respawn there, but they can attack you. However since it's right above the base they need to come down to attack you if you all just cuddle at the base.

Why wouldn't i just rush the object within a minute and keep it with my awesome 10v10 squad, no matter what happens inside? Well the first problem is the size of the map. If you ride through from you spawn to the opponents on your epic mount it should take you about a minute, thats about the time the inside team needs to capture the middle for the first time so a 15% buff for one of the outside teams is already given out. However you won't just be able to ride through, since you'll meet the opposing 10v10 team in the middle of the map, where only the bridge leads over the abyss, and if your zerg manages to defeat them at the bridge, you'll meet them once again since they respawned at their base while you ride from the bridge to there.

Yes, you can also use the ropes to cross the abyss. Imagine these ropes to be like the one in Blade's Edge arena. You know, the ones that you always fall down from and then pretend you were just trying to line of sight or drag the fight down to the pillars. But in this BG, when you fall down, youre dead, like in EotS. However, if you don't fall down you can collect the Berserking Powerups that spawn on top of these Ropes. And if someone from the opposing team wanted to get these Powerups as well, there will be some sweet rope 1v1 action (or 10v1 if your whole team decided to try their luck on the rope instead of zerging the bridge).

Base – Bridge – Base.
Sounds simple. Too simple.
Therefore there is something in between. The pool on one side, through which you can swim and reach the island (Berserking Powerup, wee! I only use Berserking because the other ones are shit and not worth going out of your way for. Unless some new get added, but that's up to someone else.). Swimming takes time, so you have to decide if you want to take the risk of being late for the zerg to pick up this sweet Powerup.

On the other side we have the Burning Forest. I felt something like this needed to be added since it's Cataclysm, right? In the middle of the Forest there is a Powerup as well (guess which one). And you can run/ride through there at full speed. However you lose ~5% of your remaining HP every second. You might think 'hey sounds just like RoV fires and i didnt like these' now. But it's a BG and not arena! And if two or more players meet there to get the Powerup this will be some sweet showdown. Obviously the loss of HP shouldnt affect stealth.

How will a battle look like?
It can be like Arathi Basin – If you're there with a premade and fight against randoms with blue equip you will win very fast. You will win the bridge zerg, the respawn zerg and if your inside 5v5 is doing well you can already have 30% on your outside team by now and end the BG within 2-3 minutes.

If your outside 10v10 team is strong but your inside team weak and its the opposite for your enemies you should be able to handle the 10v10 even when they have a 15% buff. If you both outgear and outplay them by a big margin you should even be able to handle the 30% buff.
If two premades with both strong 5v5s and 10v10s meet, it should be a long and intense battle. Remember, if your 5v5 is only slightly better and manages to the the buff for your outside team, the 5v5 will start their next round with a -5% buff on damage healing and HP that keeps on stacking (obviously only to a point like let's say -50%, and only if they keep on winning. A -50% debuff for the inside team would mean the outside team is at +30% for like 10 minutes already oO). Don't forget either that your inside team will never have a debuff as long as the outside team doesn't have a buff and the inside team regains 5% of dmg/healing/HP once they lose the first round after a winning streak and their outside team is brought back to only +15%, and the inside five will be back at 100% with the outside back to 0% buff if you lost two in a row.

Both teams are extremely important and you're left with a lot of choices and tactical decisions (like do I want to take 1-2 healers for my 5v5 so i will have an advantage at the fight for the middle, or will i take 5 dps so i can kill the tank NPC faster and already have the flag tapped for 10 seconds when my opponents arrive?).

So that's my BG.
I hope you liked it, or at least parts or ideas of it.
And hey – it has no vehicles!

Sorry for any grammatical mistakes, i'm not a native speaker.

#16 senkei00

senkei00
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:13 PM

Name : Beach of "Insert random name"

Rules : Just like SOTA 2 rounds of i'd say 10 minutes, randomise who starts where, One team would start in a keep then other one on the beach on opposite side of the map, team on the keep has to protect it for 10 minutes, Team on the beach has to capture 2 nodes "Supplies or w/e" not flag would be like EOTS nodes once the 2 nodes are captures the keep doors would open then they can cap the flag, flag has cannons something like IOC keeps, btw nodes can be recapped by defenders even if doors are down

EXTRA : The pit, in the middle of the map theres a pit something like amphitheater of anguish with a flag in the middle when you cap it 10% buff for you team something like icc's buff the flag starts neutral can be capped by defenders too

EXTRA : 2 buff houses like in WSG with randoms buff regen/bersek/speed/JET PACKS! ship fights one w/e you know what i mean

Map has to be rescale i'd think something AB size probably that'd fit perfect imo
http://img576.images...64/89542007.png

#17 Pekin

Pekin
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Garona
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:59 PM

Posted Image

TEST YOUR SKILL IN NEW SKILLED MAP !!!!!
WE KNOW RING OF VALOR WAS FAIL, OUR BRAND NEW MAP IS MADE SPECIALLY FOR BEST PVP'RS IN WORLD, ENJOY - Ghostclawler the lead designer

I won i know :)
Posted Image

#18 Xorcist

Xorcist
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kael'thas
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:26 AM

http://s747.photobuc...nt=Untitled.jpg

Alright, so my battleground is called Neptulon's Training Grounds, and it is a water battle featuring the ability to use both flying mounts, and the new siege vehicle the Man'O'War.

Team size:
60 players on each side

Objective:
Capture the central relic 3 times

Time limit:
1 hour

Layout:
The primary idea of Neptulon's Training Ground is a huge battle between the alliance and horde, in which players can choose to man the enormous battleships, Man'O'Wars (seats up to 10 including the captain and gunners) or use their own personal flying mount in order to capture nodes, or the relic.

The four corners of the map are covered by the alliance and horde keep as well as two node islands. The first two corners (Southeast and Northwest) hold each team's keep inside of which the respective team may capture the relic. The keeps also each feature 6 Man'O'Wars. The other two corners, (Southwest and Northeast) have a lava covered island (CATACLYSM) on which teams can battle for a flag node which takes 2.5 minutes to capture and will either grand your entire team 25% extra health or 10% extra damage.

The central island holds little other than the relic and some stones to give players a line of sight advantage, the island will be huge (around the size of Warsong Gulch) so that the players have plenty of space to catch whoever is holding the relic.

The relic represents not only the way to score, but a fairly large burden, whoever is holding the object will be slowed by 50%.

The Man'O'War will be the only way to transport the relic to a team's keep (relic will be dropped upon mounting). The Man'O'War features a captain position (this player will pilot the ship, and 4 gunner positions to combat other ships. If a ship is sunk by another, or by the whirlpool, all players on board will die, and if the relic is on board it will be returned to the central pedestal.

Every 5 minutes the whirlpool will move around the water randomly, and can be used to defensively deter other ships, or can be your bane.

#19 Bizmark

Bizmark
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Xavius
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Combat 2/1/2/2/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 1238
  • 3v3: 1302

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:41 AM

Background: Cataclysm has unhidden new areas in the south of Azeroth, as such Tanaris has become a hot spot for alliance and horde resource battles. This is one such battlefield.

10 v 10

Size = Similar to WSG

Posted Image

Terrain: The central blue line represents a river, this is quite wide and quite deep but can be swam across by players. The Brown rectangle in the middle is a raised bridge, on which the flag is located initially and where it resets to. The Greay line to the right of this represents a raised cliff, the black area represents a small cave underneath the cliff. This cave contains the healing power-up. The Berserking power-up is located on the opposite side of the river, deep in the water.

On top of the cliff, the brown crucifix (half the height of lumber mill from AB) is a neutral graveyard that can be captured. This hill can be walked onto from both north and south. The spirit healer allows you to choose to move between this graveyard and your home 'base' graveyard when you die. By default, you go to the closest one to your corpse.

The red crucifix is the Horde Graveyard and initial spawn area at the start of the game, the blue is the Alliances similarly. The red star is the hordes flag capture point, the blue is the alliances. The grey around these represents cliffs of equal height to the graveyard, with the only way to get on top of it being from the slope leading up to the opposing teams graveyard

Rules: 1 flag. 8 seconds required to pick up the flag initially - it operates identically to the flag system in EoTS.

For every 10 seconds you hold the flag, your team gains 10 points, and you receive a 5% increased damage taken debuff, stacking up to 300%. This is only reset when the flag is taken by the enemy or when the flag is reset.

The flag can be captured by taking it to the capture point, located inside the OPPOSING factions 'base'. This awards 50 points.

450 points wins the game or 3 flag captures, either criteria can be satisfied to achieve victory.

Concept: Made for rated BG's - 1 objective that must be fought over. The game is kept fast paced by the stacking debuff. This means turtling is counter-productive, due to your spawn area also being close to the main teams objective. Taking the increased damage puts you at risk to a quick rush then a cap from the opposing team if you turtle for too long. The second graveyard is to give re-capping options to the opposing team, or to simply allow you to spawn closer to the enemy base to pressure them if they have the flag on their cliff.

I can already think of alot of tactics etc. for this - but it isn't worth posting about on this already large post.

#20 Elandiel

Elandiel
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:59 AM

Posted Image

King of the Hill variant.

Both sides spawn from the cave on the left. Staggered rez, they alternate every 15 seconds.

The flags in the middle are the type that flip and are controlled by a faction, these are multipliers.

The flag at the top isn't controlled, it can be capped once every 20 seconds. The capping team gets points based on how many of the other flags they control.
0 = 1 point
1 = 2 points
2 = 5 points

First to 25 wins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<