• Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 767

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:51 PM

Heres my idea. Please post in quote or send me a PM if you like it, and think there should be added or changed something.

Spoiler

Please click the pictures to watch the text. i didnt realise there was so much text, until after i finshed with both pictures.

I could eventually write both full text's in here and crop out the pictures. but im tired in my fingers after all this drawing.

#22 Claynz

Claynz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1344
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:56 PM

Nice trees

#23 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:26 AM

Swarfie said:

SIEGE WAR

Posted Image

RULES

- The main goal is to get the flag in the flag room and return it to the starting area which is the small isle in the Pool of Shame.

Both horde and alliance start on the same island in the Pool of Shame as I mentioned above - It looks like Ring of Valor where everyone just starts 5 yards away from eachother.
So as soon as the battle starts you can start slaying people from the opposite faction.

You swim through the Pool towards one of the 2 ways to get over the huge wall in the middle of the map.
You got the Airport on the left and some kind of Deeprun tram on the right side.
The capapults will be available after 10-15 minutes so the battle wont last forever.

It will take 1 minute to capture either the Airport or the Deeprun tram and it will take 20 seconds to fly over the wall or take the tram through it.
This can be stopped!
Turrets who can be manually controlled, can shot down the airplanes and you can pick up grenades and jump on the skateramp to get a speedboost which, if timed well, will land you on top of the tram, where you can use the grenade.

So once you reach the flag room it will take you 20 seconds to cap the flag, so you'll need a team to protect you.

If a horde player takes the flag before the Catapult area opens his doors, the members from the other faction will be able to access the catapults so they can get to the other side immediatly without capping the airport or tram area to stop the guy from returning the flag.
The guy with the flag wont be able to use the catapults, this will instantly drop the flag, he has to use the tram or an airplane to make his way back.

holy fuck

+rep

see you at the skatepark

#24 Slot

Slot
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:33 AM

Shamanizer said:

Heres my idea. Please post in quote or send me a PM if you like it, and think there should be added or changed something.

Spoiler

Please click the pictures to watch the text. i didnt realise there was so much text, until after i finshed with both pictures.

I could eventually write both full text's in here and crop out the pictures. but im tired in my fingers after all this drawing.
Might want to add a tank, a few hostages and possibly a sewer. CS_militia baby!

#25 Shamanizer

Shamanizer
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 767

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:35 AM

Slot said:

Might want to add a tank, a few hostages and possibly a sewer. CS_militia baby!

hahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahah.

didnt think of this map, after you told me about it tbh ;)

#26 nstomper

nstomper
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Fire
  • LocationWisconsin

seriously no vehicles

#27 Pekin

Pekin
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Garona
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted Image

TEST YOUR SKILL IN NEW SKILLED MAP !!!!!
WE KNOW RING OF VALOR WAS FAIL, OUR BRAND NEW MAP IS MADE SPECIALLY FOR BEST PVP'RS IN WORLD, ENJOY - Ghostclawler the lead designer

Posted Image

#28 Clefairy

Clefairy
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:54 AM

Pekin said:

Posted Image

WE KNOW RING OF VALOR WAS FAIL, OUR BRAND NEW MAP IS MADE SPECIALLY FOR BEST PVP'RS IN WORLD, ENJOY - Ghostclawler the lead designer

Lol, at a quick glance that looked like a giant pizza battleground.

#29 Raxya

Raxya
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental
  • RBG: 1606

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:15 AM

WTF you guys srlsy dont know what cataclysm is all about!

Its about mother fucking sea-battles! (WTF YOU THINK THERES LAND AND SHIT IN THE CATACLYSM? NO FUCK OFF THERES ONLY RAGING WATERZ!)

But dont worry, since you clearly dont know what its all about ill show you.

Posted Image

So basically the object of this is to sink the other teams ships until they run out of resources. (Maybe you could throw in some other random objective, but this seems more fun tbh.)

The spawns have super awesome battleships and these are controlled by a player like siege vehicles etc and theres turrets random ppl can sit in aswell.

Also every player gets a jetpack like the ones from the airship battle from ICC(cant use them in combat though, that would be to annoying) and they will be used to board other ships and outplay the crew on it and destroy that shit.

Oh and you cant go into the water because theres like these strong currents, big waves and maybe a shark or two.

Thats about it... The result? Super awesome sea battles as seen in the picture. :cool:

#30 nstomper

nstomper
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Fire
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:01 AM

I agree on the sea battle stuff tbh.  But I don't really want it to be a bg.  They should have an open area with ships and objectives "mostly objectives would be done on islands".

#31 Liquilol

Liquilol
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:03 AM

10 vs 10 rome arena style, last team standing.
Question -"are gladiators good future managers? genuinely curious about your opinions guys."

Awnser -"Doubt it as a direct correlation. Not everyone can be the leader on a team.

However I wouldn't be surprised if gladiators have an abnormally high spacial IQ."

#32 Gesus

Gesus
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1403
  • LocationFL

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:18 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
This battleground is where the Goblins and the Gnomes fight for their factions! Since the newly announced Goblins have arrived with the Horde it has upset the Alliance Gnomes and caused an endless epic battle for the engineering goods of Azeroth!

Location: Just outside Shipwreck shore, they have begun to manufacture engineering goods.

Mounts: yes
NPC's: 1 gnome/goblin for rocket packs
Players: 10 v 10
Vehicles: none

Goal:

First team to reach 2000 points wins the match.

The factions will fight for the power source that is located in the center to begin to fuel their factions factories. By obtaining and holding the power source your factions power will begin to fuel itself and reward points. For example: The longer you hold the power source, the more points it grants for your team

There is a kill modifier that rewards points to your teams score to help influence the battle rather then just holding a power source and granting a win from that.

Players will start on their factions factory equipped with 1 spirit reser and 1 NPC to hand out a rocket pack which has a 1 time use to leave the factory. Each factions factory has a platform to launch off of and engage into battle.

You must work as a team and fight head to head for the power source.

Map Layout:

The jungle equipped with palm trees and engineering scrap metal/rockets/airplanes/cogs and many other misc items (described as rubel on the temple).

Once you are on the ground these items are used for line of sight and dodging enemy players.

Once you leave your factory you can not re enter unless you die and must ressurect. There is no escaping the enemy!

#33 Distiller

Distiller
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:51 AM

Raxya said:

WTF you guys srlsy dont know what cataclysm is all about!

Its about mother fucking sea-battles! (WTF YOU THINK THERES LAND AND SHIT IN THE CATACLYSM? NO FUCK OFF THERES ONLY RAGING WATERZ!)

But dont worry, since you clearly dont know what its all about ill show you.

Posted Image

So basically the object of this is to sink the other teams ships until they run out of resources. (Maybe you could throw in some other random objective, but this seems more fun tbh.)

The spawns have super awesome battleships and these are controlled by a player like siege vehicles etc and theres turrets random ppl can sit in aswell.

Also every player gets a jetpack like the ones from the airship battle from ICC(cant use them in combat though, that would be to annoying) and they will be used to board other ships and outplay the crew on it and destroy that shit.

Oh and you cant go into the water because theres like these strong currents, big waves and maybe a shark or two.

Thats about it... The result? Super awesome sea battles as seen in the picture. :cool:

hahaha FURFAG hall xD

Adori said:

Your right... after years of using those extenze pills I finally learned the secret to getting a full 8 inches.  I folded it in half.

#34 Naac

Naac
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:21 AM

Rules:
15v15
15 second respawn timer
5 person limit per respawn.  

This is how the map would be laid out from top to bottom.
(B for base, X for flag, g for gys)

g--B--g--X1--g--X2--g--X3--g--X4--g--X5--g--B

Map design:
The map would be kind of long and stretched out, much like alterac valley, except on a smaller scale.

Beside each area near where the ressers would drop down (and in between each flag) There would be a choke about the width of 3 eots bridges side by side.  

Each graveyard would be elevated so you could not camp directly inside the gy spawning arena.

Gameplay:

This would play quite similiar to cp_well in tf2.  

Each team would start with their base (which has a flag in it) and the 2 flags closest to them under their control, with the middle flag and the 2 gys on either side being neutral (and the middle flag being in contention)

Both teams start at their base, and then would rush to and then battle for this middle flag until one team captures it (by the same method you take a flag in AB, except no neutral period after... once the cast time finishes it goes directly into their control.)

Upon capturing the middle flag, you can then start spawning at the gy behind it.  The next flag (which is controlled by your opponent) is also opened up to attack (with them spawning at the gy behind it).

The team that lost the middle flag would then fight to recapture that while also defending their newly vulnerable flag.  If they do recapture the middle flag, then their previously vulnerable flag gets locked out and their enemys next flag in line becomes vulnerable.  This doesn't change until the other team can then capture the middle flag again.

This continues on, each team trying to capture the next flag in line, while also defending their frontmost flag until one team gets to the others base.

Upon getting to the opposing base, you must capture the flag and then hold it for 2 minutes to get the win.

Spawning:

The party leader would set up the groups as the groups would be what controls the initial spawn order.  

At the start of the game, each group of 5 people is release in 10 second intervals apart who then all have to race to the middle flag. Doing this would mix up slightly smaller scale combat as well as large scale, but give each team the ability to get an early advantage with gibs. Doing this also opens up the strategies available alot, because you can make your first group just 5 burst classes to tr and gib as many people as possible before your second group gets there.  Or you can make a really tankish first group to make sure you don't lose anyone.

As said above, the respawn timer is only 15 seconds with a 5 person cap per respawn.  The respawn cap is to hopefully make battles won, feel a little more important since if you wipe out their entire team, they can't get it all back the next res timer.  The shorter res timer however, is to promote a bunch of small battles that gain smaller amounts of ground within these choke points (think a smaller scale version of the bridge in AV (without the stupid archers, slightly wider, and not being able to just knock people off).

other notes:

The only time a flag is ever neutral is at the very beginning.  From then on, every single flag is either under one of the teams control.  

Flags can only be capped if they are on the front edge of your chain of flags. Except in the case of the first neutral middle flag... where the only flag that can be capped at the time is said middle flag.

To clarify slightly further, you cannot simply run around your enemies first flag and just cap it insteadof the first one. You have to cap the first one before the next flag in line becomes unlocked.

The whole point of this bg would to make a small bg that really emphasises constant group fighting and group survival.

#35 Downs

Downs
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2127

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:34 AM

Posted Image
2 starting areas possibly elevated or some other such jazz.
trees or pillars that serve as LOS blockers.
big bushes like in wsg that obscure vision but dont affect Los.
teams of 10, 50 resource first team to 0 loses.
Something like immunity in the start zone for 10 seconds after ressing.
Teams just straight kill each other until stock runs out.

Lots of people that this game now appeals to only do bgs to kill people anyway, why not make one with that understood and cater to that desire.

Put a 20 min time limit or something on it and im sure those who enjoy pvp just for killing not for objectives would love it more than whatever world pvp can be found.

#36 Hasuit

Hasuit
  • Members

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:40 AM

Posted Image

The objective is to bring flags to the opposing team's base.  Holding a flag prevents receiving healing and lowers the duration of all cc effects(existing and going out)on enemies by something like 40%.  This would discourage caster flag rush while everything is cc'd.  Once dropped,  the flag cannot be picked up by the team that dropped it for 5 seconds, similar to WSG.  Effects that cause a forced flag-drop in wsg cause it here too.  Classes that wear plate and feral druids are not applicable flag-holding targets.

Once a flag is captured a point is awarded.  Respawn timer on flags is 5 minutes unless all flags are on respawn cd, in which case all dead players would respawn at their respective gy and the first two flags in queue would respawn shortly(this idea may need improvement).  First to 5 wins or highest after 20 minutes.

Every player has the ability to teleport back to their starting base.  The ability is a ~2 second cast, which functions like a heal.  If locked out, all special abilities are locked out.  If direct damage is taken, the cast will stop. Haste does not affect it, and it cannot be aura mastery'd.

There is a 2 minute respawn timer after death, which begins after death, not after corpse release.  after respawning you can teleport to the other half of your team's side if chosen.

Orange areas on the map represent smoldering ground/shallow lava, which causes minor damage.

Red areas are lava, which causes moderate damage and provides a significant ms-effect when swimming.

Anti-turtling cannons are placed on cliffs behind each base.  only the team taking the flag to that base can use the cannons behind it

There would be 2 brackets for this, a 10v10 and a 20v20

Generally the way I see this being played out is the match would start off like 3 separate arena matches, with one(10v10 bracket) or two(20v20 bracket) extra people going wherever they felt they need to go pretty much.  From here there are two possibilities.  Either each team would pick up the flag and push it forward as much as they could get away with without dying every chance they got(no healing debuff would fall off instantly upon flag release) or they would play it out ignoring the flag until a kill is scored.  Once a flag is captured the match would shift into a much larger fight with the other two flags and stay big the rest of the match.

edit: I've updated this several times after getting ideas and shit

To make this more clear, the area surrounding the top flag is similar to a mix of nagrand arena and rov.  the middle is very similar to BEM, and the bottom is sort of like rol + dalaran.  The bottom probably needs improvement from what it looks like in the picture.

#37 Rapetheape

Rapetheape
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kael'thas
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:52 AM

Pekin said:

Posted Image

Holy shit + rep I couldnt stop laughing

#38 Picori

Picori
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • RBG: 1611

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:29 AM

Hey,

I don't really know what to call this...

But I decided to work with the elevator element in this BG...

It still brings together a massive war which everybody wants, as well as an objective

Posted Image

In this picture, you will notice that it kinda looks like WSG....

You both have a base on either side. in which you capture the flag.

However, there is only one flag and it is located in the middle at the top of the tower.

Posted Image

There are 4 floors in the tower, the first floor has some stairs to reach the 2nd floor, and some pillars for LoS if you happen to be fighting down there.

The 2nd floor is where it gets interesting, a elevator that takes you to the 3rd floor, no LoS just an all out brawl while trying for that flag.

On the 3rd floor is just some more stairs, maybe a berserking there or something.

On the 4th floor is the flag, and its located up a ramp, you can hide under the ramp if you wish...

The Objective is to take the flag back to your base X amount of times.

The elevator hasn't been placed into BGs so far, and I think with like the goblin racials and stuff, it will make it quite fun.

Cheers
Posted Image

Sig broke :C

#39 Rendom-N!cke-

Rendom-N!cke-
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration
  • LocationSthlm, alby!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:55 AM

Ryzer said:

Xtreme Capture Points

Spoiler

Spoiler

Scenary:
Takes place in Blackrock Mountains.

Rules of the Battleground:
15 vs 15

-There are 3 points to capture.
     *Must control all 3 points to win.
     *Takes 20 seconds to cap alone.
     *Takes 17 seconds with two people.
     *Takes 14 with three people
     *Takes 11 with four people
     *Takes 8 seconds with five people (shortest duration possible even if more people.

(To say if Horde has 5 people on base and Alliance has 4 people. It would start caping towards horde for 1 Person being on point time. Like EOTS capping system.

-Capping a point with a flag instantly caps it.

-Spawn time is the same.

-Once a team controls all the points they win the round.
-Best two of three wins the GAME.

hahahahahaha this 1 seems very intresting :P

#40 Cuddlébug

Cuddlébug
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravenholdt
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:56 AM

The Trenches

Details

I know it's a bit strange but it's not exactly something we haven't seen before ( in terms of what it uses) no more exetreme than something like WG or Sota (and I think more fun)and I also think things like smoke bombs would fit well into it(lol)

Rules : Each team will have 10 players, there will be three teams within this battleground, and it is made for rated battlegrounds (as there isn't three factions). Out of the 10 players on each team, 1 of those players will become a "Target" if the target is killed, the team that inflicted the most damage to the target will get a point. (the damage counter starts when the player becomes the target)

Each team will have a starting point, this starting point will be a small squared area located on the same ground level as the trenches, right next to them, once the battle has started the teams will have 30 seconds to leave the starting area (the starting area will close after 30 seconds and anyone in the starting area will not be able to get out for the remainder of the battleground , the starting area will have one NPC which gives the following items:

3 Barricades (per team)

3 Dynamite Explosives (per team)

1 Rickety Ladder (per team)

The way these items work will be - The Barricades can be placed anywhere within the Trenches and will cover the width of the Trench, if poorly placed it will not cover the width of the trench. The Barricades will have 200,000 health, maybe more maybe less.

Dynamite Explosives - The Explosives can also be played anywhere within the Trenches, they can be used for 4 different things.
1. Destroying a Barricade, using an Dynamite Explosive on a Barricade will destroy it, clearing the trench path.
2. Player damage, the Dynamite Explosive will hurt all players, within a 10 yard range, the damage will hit for around 10000 with damage reductions not being affective.(Cata, 5,000 if Wrath)
3. Destroying Rickety Ladders (something that would be possible but less likely to happen), if Rickety Ladders are within 10 yards of the Explosives once they've gone off, they will be destroyed.
4. Blowing a hole into the wall, placing Dynamite ON the wall, will blow a trench into the wall, with one explosion alone it will merely be a safe spot, however if all three explosions were blown into the wall you would get somewhere/come out the other side, whatever.

Rickety Ladder - Rickety Ladders can be placed next to any Trench wall and allows 2 players to climb up onto the top of the Trenches, when 2 players are up the Rickety Ladders break and become destroyed. The two players on top can then walk around parts of the Trench (some Trenches will have bigger gaps not allowing them to go far away etc) meaning they can skip barricades etc, you can just jump down once your up. Players on top of the trenches will be gripable if in line of sight. Targets can not climb the ladder.

As far as stalemate's go, as I'm sure the thought has crossed a lot of your minds, I'm pretty sure each team will be forced onto an attack.

As for teams abusing Barricades to hide their target etc, there is a limited number of Barricades for a reason, this would be the objective, however the battleground won't be very big so it won't be too easy to keep your target safe etc.

Incase any of you were unsure(roflol)I didn't make these but this is roughly what they'll look like...

Barricade
Spoiler
Dynamite
Spoiler
Ladder
Spoiler

The Map (Just a note I'm terrible at using stuff like paint so GG, it would probably look ALOT better)

Spoiler

Oh and PS. the GY's will pretty much be right next to the starting areas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<