• Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Laughing Skull
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents:

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:20 PM

whole area is as big as BRD.

Posted Image

Possible names: shitty-computer-destroyer or griefer island.

climbing back up once you dropped down in the lava is impossible, The lava does ridicilously high dmg so you die in approx 10 sec to keep the battle going.

The main objective is to stay on the middle island, for every x seconds your side has more players than your opponent on the middle island you get like 100 points, 1500 point total.
Capping the flag doesn't give points it just gives your team a stupid overpowered bonus (like, not being able to be pushed off the island + 100% more dmg) so that holding the flag is very important (but the bonus is only effective on the middle island, something like that).

The best tactic is to stack shitannoying classes with crowd control and pushbacks so that warrior + healer bullshit is very easy to counter (HURRICANE HOOOOOOOOO).
It's supposed to give back that feeling you got at lvl 60 when 4-5 raidguilds were having a battle royale before entering mc/bwl. was always hilarious

#42 Patho

Patho
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Silvermoon
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/2/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 384
  • 3v3: 1766
  • RBG: 1694

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:29 PM

Atoll of Strife

Previously unknown to the horde, this small atoll near The Lost Isles serves as the Alliance base of operations, under the command of Brigadier General Ackbar. After the goblins of Kezan aligned with the horde, they reported news of Alliance cargo ships travelling to and from the island. Garrosh Hellscream has deemed the keep a threat to the horde and has ordered its destruction. King Varian Wrynn believes the information held within the keep is too valuable and if the keep should ever fall into the wrong hands, it should be destroyed.

The Atoll of Strife is a new 10v10 battleground that is designed to be the most balanced and competitive battleground for rated play.

Players will play a best of 3 rounds, with the primary objective being to destroy or defend the keep. Each round will take approximately 4-7 mins (with 7 being the time limit). For the first round, one team will defend the keep, while the other will attempt to destroy it. After the round the teams will switch roles, regardless of whether the defending team succeeded in the first round. If a team has gone 2-0 at this point, the game is finished. If not, the roles are randomly selected for the two teams, and the 3rd and final round begins.

Overview:

Posted Image

Places of Interest

The Two Towers: Located on the northern and southern ends of the island, these towers can be captured by either the attacking or defending team. They are captured similarly to the towers in Eye of the Storm. They grant a stacking small raidwide bonus to health, healing and damage, and have 3 turrets on the top that can cover anywhere from the Landing Beach, to the Explosives Platform, to the Keep. Both towers also include graveyards usable by the team that controls the tower.

The Landing Beach: The Landing Beach serves as the starting point for the attacking team. Players will first arrive here on an appropriately themed Warship. This will also include a graveyard only usable by the attacking team.

The Explosives Platform Directly in the center of the atoll is the Explosives Platform. The attacking team must carry the Unstable Seaforium Bomb located here to the center of the keep in order to win the round. Small Seaforium bombs are also found here, which will be needed to blow up the gate to gain access to the keep. The graveyard here will only be usable by the attacking team.

The Keep: This stronghold serves as the starting point for the defending team, Defending players must prevent the front gate from being destroyed by disarming the attacking team's Small Seaforium Bombs, or killing bomb carriers before they plant the bombs. Teleporters allow defending players to enter and leave the keep at will, but are only active after the round begins. The graveyard located inside the keep is only usable by the defending team.

Main Objectives

Destroying the Keep: The attacking team must destroy the Keep to win the round. This can be achieved my carrying the Unstable Seaforium Bomb to the center of the keep. To gain entry to the keep, attacking players must plant Small Seaforium bombs in front of the gate. If the bomb is dropped, another attacking player must pick it up from where it fell, if it is not picked up after 15 secs, it respawns back at the Explosives Platform.

Time Limit: The defending team must defend the keep for 7 mins to win the round. This can be achieved by preventing attacking players from carrying Small Seaforium Bombs to the front gate of the keep, which would allow them to plant the Unstable Seaforium Bomb in the center of the Keep.

Gallery

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thanks to Rustytotem for his amazing "critiquing" and Google SketchUp for allowing me to make a 3d model of the island.

#43 Purity

Purity
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Laughing Skull
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents:

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:30 PM

TEST YOUR SKILL IN NEW SKILLED MAP !!!!!
WE KNOW RING OF VALOR WAS FAIL, OUR BRAND NEW MAP IS MADE SPECIALLY FOR BEST PVP'RS IN WORLD, ENJOY - Ghostclawler the lead designer

nice tibia .sprs XD

#44 Retx

Retx
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:14 PM

http://img695.images.../bgmapfinal.png

Key:
Black = Walls/Houses
Brown = Ramps (You can get to the top of the walls and cast on people by walking up these)
Teal = Random obstructions (Rubble, fallen tree etc.)
Grey/Blue/Red Dots = Respawn Points

Ruined City Battleground (Ruins of X).

Once a small and peaceful city, the Cataclysm has left this town in ruins and its inhabitants have fled to the winds. The Horde and Alliance fight in a gritty street to street battle for the meager resources left in the ruins.

Mechanics:
15 v 15
150 Reinforcements for each team.
The Outer neutral graveyards give 1 Reinforcements/5 secs.
The Inner neutral graveyard gives 3 Reinforcements/5 secs.
Graveyards are capped the same as nodes in Eye of the Storm.
You also need to cap the Graveyards in sequence, you can't run past one and cap one behind it.

#45 Syaoran

Syaoran
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:32 PM

Posted Image

15v15

2 buildings destructible by normal damage...

3 towers on each lane 2 towers at the final destination that first have to be destroyed before u can touch the final object...

:D do i get cookies :D

#46 pavaska

pavaska
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:45 PM

Posted Image

15v15

3 towers on each lane 2 towers at the final destination that first have to be destroyed before u can touch the final object...

dota map would be good gg

#47 Pinlol

Pinlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:56 PM

^ inb4 blizz makes this with sieges and each tower is a gate and the final object is a gate and you have to capture something inside of it... oh wait

#48 Funkeii

Funkeii
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:59 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#49 Funkeii

Funkeii
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:02 PM

Posted Image

15v15

I wanted to post that

#50 KennyEU

KennyEU
  • Premium Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:16 PM

defo gief a dota map lol :D

#51 Pinlol

Pinlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:22 PM

no, they'll fuck it up

#52 Keremidku

Keremidku
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Laughing Skull
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:25 PM

Battleground - FFA. Everyone kills anything they see. In the end the first 3 ppl that killed most people win +1k honour or something. The BG should look like small rooms and putting people in it so the 5v1 battles can be removed from the BG.
Posted Image

#53 miserylol

miserylol
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:53 PM

Posted Image

TEST YOUR SKILL IN NEW SKILLED MAP !!!!!
WE KNOW RING OF VALOR WAS FAIL, OUR BRAND NEW MAP IS MADE SPECIALLY FOR BEST PVP'RS IN WORLD, ENJOY - Ghostclawler the lead designer

+rep for the lolz
i can definitely see blizzard implementing something like this.

#54 Phantaxx

Phantaxx
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:12 PM

A BG with 4 floors 10v10, everyone starts on the first floor, and on each floor there is a ramp to get to the next floor. When you die, you respawn one floor below where you died, the team with the most players on the 4th floor after 10 minutes wins.

#55 Kohhan

Kohhan
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:39 PM

Spoiler

#56 Pinlol

Pinlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:55 PM

http://img213.images...navngivetbj.jpg

the idea behind the bg is kinda like wsg, but there's some major differences. the spawn points for the teams is in the middle, with a wall in between to delay rush zerg strats. (spawn = spray flask colored areas)

there's 4 flags in total, the objective for each team is to control 3 flags, and by control i mean, that the flags are picked up and placed inside each teams flag drop off areas.

a flag dropped in the drop off area can be picked up by the opposing team but this has a 4-8 sec cast time (don't know how much time is enough). but when a flag has been in place in a drop off area, the flag has a countdown of 45 sec to 1 min, that when the time is up the flag becomes untakeable by the other team.

when 3 flags has become untakeable (simultaneously (spelling?)) by one of the teams, the team controlling them has to get them up to their base (which is gonna be on a second floor kinda building, so that players can take advantage of the z axis.

when the 3 flags are in place at a base, the team controlling the flags has won.

Ihealit - Sunstrider (Blackout-EU)

#57 aureon

aureon
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dethecus
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:35 AM

nvm

#58 Nalastai

Nalastai
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:21 AM

Posted Image

Okay so, I first planned this in my head about few hours and it was harder than I first tought. Anyway, since I really wanted to participicate in this contest, I started designing it. It took some time to make this picture but this is what I ended up to.

So I realised there isn't really any underground combat in any battlegrounds this far, so I wanted this battleground to be somekind of "cavefight". So even if picture doesn't really tell it, it's supposed to be underground battleground.

As this battleground isn't too big and there isn't any siege weapons (I personaly don't like siege things so much, and we already have so many siege battlegrounds: WG, sota, isle) it could be 10 vs 10 man battleground. I think this could be somewhat WSG's sized, or a bit smaller or bigger even.

Idea of the battleground: Your team gathers something, lets say treasures for example or somekind of mineral or whatever you want it to be.

There is 2x secondary objects for both of the teams, and 1 main object which they share. Secondary objects are worth 1 point, main object worth 2 points. You have to get those objects to your base to score. After scoring, there would be 30 sec timer before object respawns and can be gathered again. If someone dies and drops secondary object, enemy team player can click on it to return it back where it was, or if your ally clicks it he will start to carry it himself (Just like in warsong gulch with flags). But with the main object, you can't return it where it was, you just pick it when you click it up if someone drops it.

To win this battleground, your team has to get certain amount of these objectives, and something like 10 sounds reasonable, ofcourse it should be adjusted and tested before setting it into stone.

In the middle of the map there is somekind of bigger cave area with underground lake or waterspot whatever you want to call it and main object in the middle of the lake. To get there you need to go by bridge, but when you get there you could jump straight to water and get up from water from ramp of somekind.

These two "empty" looking gray areas would be main fighting places, no matter what is your teams tactic. On those areas there should be something interesting like maybe somekind of traps and elevators and somekind of defensepoints etc.

I wish you can understand the idea, it's pretty simple and should be easy to understand.

I'd personally prefer smaller battlegroups where I could actually pvp instead of going into massive 20 vs 20 groupfights where individual can't really change anything. In this battleground there would be more like 5v5 or less fighting, which I find much more enterntaining.

Opinions about my battleground appreciated, thanks ! ^^

#59 jaeds

jaeds
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:14 AM

Posted Image

Embrace of Faction Champions

Size: 40v40

Objective: First team to either control 6 Class-Levers and defeat the final mob or defeat 750 enemy players/npc spawns wins the match.

New Features:
Class levers- When a faction pulls a class lever, two things occur: First, the opposing faction's class receives a 30% buff to healing-out/received and damage. Second: An NPC spawns in the faction who pulled the lever's spawn (similar to Faction Champion 25man characters). Killing an NPC will result in that NPC moving to the faction's spawn as a normal player would upon death (natural GY resurrection). NPC players count as 15 kills towards players remaining. NPC's will be on the same faction and fight with the team who got a lever pulled on (think Ulduar's Hodir fight + ToC Faction Champion fight combined). Players killed by NPC players will count against their Players Remaining.

A lever may be de-activated by re-capping one's own side's lever. A lever may also be de-activated and simultaneously activated for their side by capturing the corresponding enemy class lever. A lever interrupt occurs if one faction pulls the lever on the top of the middle ramp, breaking the progress of all opposing team lever captures if in progress.

If 6 levers are activated at once by one side simultaneously, a final mob will appear in addition to each type of NPC of those other lever-classes. Defeating this boss will result in automatic victory.

If at any time there are 0 members of a faction in their faction zone, all of that faction's levers will become de-activated (ie. wipe or overzealous zerg).

Rules: Each team starts in respective spawn. Players must split into groups of offense and defense, as when Offense captures a lever, an NPC will spawn in their own territory by their side's class lever. Teams must decide which class levers to pull, as each gives buffs and raises NPCs. The Map will randomly select specs for each class at the start of the match that will remain those specs for the NPCs throughout the game.

Defeating the final boss after 6 levers are selected at once, or after defeating 750 enemy players (NPCs=15; Players=1), will result in victory.

Players must balance PvE with PvP to be effective, and coordination/foresight concerning which enemy classes they would be hurt least by buffing with the class lever to be most successful.

Because each time a new game begins, the specs of the NPCs and the numbers of enemy players of certain classes vary, there will not likely be a cookie-cutter strat for every game played. Coordination with and reaction to the environment, rather than "do X every game and we should win," will become necessary.

#60 Shadyboss

Shadyboss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • LocationKorea

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:47 AM

WTF you guys srlsy dont know what cataclysm is all about!

Its about mother fucking sea-battles! (WTF YOU THINK THERES LAND AND SHIT IN THE CATACLYSM? NO FUCK OFF THERES ONLY RAGING WATERZ!)

But dont worry, since you clearly dont know what its all about ill show you.

Posted Image

So basically the object of this is to sink the other teams ships until they run out of resources. (Maybe you could throw in some other random objective, but this seems more fun tbh.)

The spawns have super awesome battleships and these are controlled by a player like siege vehicles etc and theres turrets random ppl can sit in aswell.

Also every player gets a jetpack like the ones from the airship battle from ICC(cant use them in combat though, that would be to annoying) and they will be used to board other ships and outplay the crew on it and destroy that shit.

Oh and you cant go into the water because theres like these strong currents, big waves and maybe a shark or two.

Thats about it... The result? Super awesome sea battles as seen in the picture. :cool:

Omg so nice rofl, Furfag XD - On topic I'd enjoy this tbh
med 10O%))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<