Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:28 AM

GL with it Flayz, even though i dont know why you announce this so early :P

TO NINJA ALL TEH GOOD MEMBURZ.

good idea!gl

#103 blastoise

blastoise

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:09 AM

'

Elitist rant keeps going and going. Anyway I'm not interested in joining such a guild, as I'm not going to be playing Cataclysm, hell, I'm barely playing now.

i barely play the game too does that make me less of a nerd?
[email protected]

#104 broseph

broseph
  • Brosev
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Ysera
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:37 PM

I used to be convinced that PvE was so much easier than PvP, and that if you succeeded in PvP that you'd be godlike in PvE; I have found, however, that that is not the case. Plenty of good PvPers that I have raided with are abysmal raiders.

The biggest advantage a PvPer has over a PvEer is general awareness of what's going on around him - he is not staring at his UI the entire fight, and can clearly see fire around him or a mob coming to hit him. PvPers also generally have a greater grasp of class mechanics, both of their own class and of other class'; they know how to play this game well. This is what I would consider to be skill, and is what I imagine most of you believe it to be - knowing about the game, and being able to see what's about to happen in a given situation and reacting appropriately to it.

Although this awareness is very helpful in PvE, being able to do progression fights requires much, much more. You need to read and experiment for hours on rotations and gear setups and specs, and have the right professions and farm gold for the best consumables and gems/enchants. You need to squeeze every point of damage that you can (or healing, or threat/mitigation), all while having the awareness to avoid mechanics. I suppose that one could argue that this isn't "skill", in that it is simply the result of more time invested, but it is definitely not something that being a good PvPer will help you with. Being able to not stand in fire 100% of the time will not help you when you're putting out .6 x the damage of a PvEer.

TLDR: PvE is not necessarily of a "lower order" than PvP. They require different "skill" sets, and just as being good at PvE doesn't mean you'll be good at PvP, the same works the other way around.

#105 Evlylol

Evlylol
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 04 June 2010 - 12:11 PM

ofc

#106 Stolsben

Stolsben
  • Junkies

Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:00 PM

i barely play the game too does that make me less of a nerd?
[email protected]

No.

#107 Aeral

Aeral
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1699
  • 3v3: 1554

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:14 AM

Granted I've only played HC in 10-man, but my guild has players (more than half of the raiders I think) that constantly backpeddles, turns with arrow keys(true story), stands in the fire, etc.

None of these people would make it near 2k rating, let alone a Gladiator title. Playing 3v3/5v5 to Gladiator you _should_ know quite alot about your class and to some extent all other classes. With Gladiator class players you should be able to reach some high-end PVE gear at a decent speed with some effort from raid leader/whoever is composing the raid/tactics.

Backpeddling and keyboard turning =/= knowing class mechanincs. Everyone has seen Drîl.

#108 Rocketshìp

Rocketshìp
  • Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:58 PM

Is it going to be on SS ?

#109 bareblar03

bareblar03
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/1/2/./.
  • RBG: 1954

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:52 PM

I haven't played seriously on my priest since TBC but I got glad in s3 and s4, I'd definitely be interested in a guild like this since I barely do shit plus my current server Ysera on Stormstrike is fucking gay for PvP lol, We have like 6 pvpers that know their shit and the rest are mentally retarded.

What about me? Would I be welcome? lol

#110 Jackdonald

Jackdonald
  • Junkies

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:41 AM

lol you're on US. GG.

Sounds pretty cool flayz.

#111 Cova-

Cova-
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:02 PM

I so hope you gonna make this guild on Kor'gall flayz :D

#112 Lover

Lover
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:06 PM

you mean Cro'gall

#113 Mythic

Mythic
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:47 PM

Would defo be interested, however, im rolling a goblin shaman prolly on a new server, so would that be accepted aswell?

lol why do rogues complain about vanish breaking when it never does unless you're bad

2600 4-times gladiator priest

#114 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:05 PM

Yes. :) It's the same thing as with AJ - if you've got a glad title on a prev char, you're free to join - titles are more like "person bound", than just the character

Between other news the guild was made on Kor'gall horde side just few minutes ago, with the name of <Sadistic Intents> ( reference to what you do to a person in pvp :) ), and this thread can be closed as new one will be opened as soon as I set up the guild forums.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#115 celebra

celebra
  • Celebra
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:25 AM

I'll join
Jag är så heeet, så het!
Kan ingen svalka mig?

#116 Flexuzz

Flexuzz
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:23 AM

CAN IPLZZ JOIN??

Should I make threads about "lol DFO nref plx?" I dont give a shit lol. It's just as overpowered as Shadowmourne but I dont cry about it. It wont stop be from getting my title aslong as it is only Shitters with it.

#117 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:14 AM

pllz let me in man
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#118 Telemanchos

Telemanchos
  • Junkies

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:14 PM

Yes. :) It's the same thing as with AJ - if you've got a glad title on a prev char, you're free to join - titles are more like "person bound", than just the character

Between other news the guild was made on Kor'gall horde side just few minutes ago, with the name of <Sadistic Intents> ( reference to what you do to a person in pvp :) ), and this thread can be closed as new one will be opened as soon as I set up the guild forums.

Cba to read the whole thread, but is is the guild staying on Kor'Gall?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<