• Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:24 PM

His point is that druids dont have any burst healing without hots up

You cant avoid every single sheep, eventually you will get caught in one

As a druid, when you get out of sheep with no hots on your target, its insanely hard to top your target off again if the other team is offensive
Having played shammy, druid and priest in wotlk, i think i can say that of those 3, druid burst healing is by far the worst.
Yes, Riptide is pretty shit, but at least it heals for a bit and it will give you the buff making your next heals more powerful. Same with priests, if shield is dispelled at least you got the reduced cast time on penance etc.

Druid healing is insane with hots rolling on a target, but its just hard to keep up with the damage if you have to apply all your hots first

#42 Effy

Effy
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:30 PM

Do exactly what you do when u get feared :confused:

So true.

#43 Moridinn

Moridinn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 1983

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:58 PM

I can't believe I'm reading this.

If you get sheeped, your hots will still be rolling on the target they are on. The second any other healer gets sheeped, no healing comes out for 10 seconds.

When you get out of the sheep, you can Rejuv->Swiftmend->Nourish spam or w/e just as well as a Priest can PW:S->Penance once->FH spam. Keep in mind that the target you are about to heal has a lot more hp than the priests target would have, since your hots have been ticking while you were in the sheep.

If you get dispelled clean and swapped to out of the sheep, you are in the EXACT same position as Priests (PW:S/PoM can be dispelled just like Rejuv) and Shamans (riptide is shit). Except you have travelform so you actually have the chance of possibly getting away, ever, unlike the Priest.

Jesus christ. You can't expect to be able to dispel magic and be immune to polymorph at the same time. You were given a tool, and something else was taken away - complain about the tradeoff if you will, but do not look at the penalty in isolation and treat it as if it is completely retarded, it is the only logical way to go given the change to the dispel system, and any non druid can see that.

#44 Treehugger

Treehugger
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:18 PM

I can't believe I'm reading this.

If you get sheeped, your hots will still be rolling on the target they are on. The second any other healer gets sheeped, no healing comes out for 10 seconds.

When you get out of the sheep, you can Rejuv->Swiftmend->Nourish spam or w/e just as well as a Priest can PW:S->Penance once->FH spam. Keep in mind that the target you are about to heal has a lot more hp than the priests target would have, since your hots have been ticking while you were in the sheep.

If you get dispelled clean and swapped to out of the sheep, you are in the EXACT same position as Priests (PW:S/PoM can be dispelled just like Rejuv) and Shamans (riptide is shit). Except you have travelform so you actually have the chance of possibly getting away, ever, unlike the Priest.

Jesus christ. You can't expect to be able to dispel magic and be immune to polymorph at the same time. You were given a tool, and something else was taken away - complain about the tradeoff if you will, but do not look at the penalty in isolation and treat it as if it is completely retarded, it is the only logical way to go given the change to the dispel system, and any non druid can see that.

so true
except that you can dispel a hotted target clean in 2 globals so no hots are actually rolling.

you people don't seem to be getting the point. it's not the 10s polymorph that is bothering us. if all you could do was polymorph druids then i'd be ok with it.
but that polymorph will chain into a deep freeze which will chain to some other dick CC like fear, and unlike most priests with fearward/shadowres/WOTF/-30% talent or shamans with grounding/shock/tremmor or paladins with hammer/stoicism/bubble/bop we have no way to recuperate from that.

either let druids retain polymorph immunity and don't give us dispel or give us something like a hot which is undispellable with a 30s cooldown or something that can be used for swiftmend even though swiftmend is roflbad compared to shit like penance

#45 Zuljama

Zuljama
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:22 PM

His point is that druids dont have any burst healing without hots up

You cant avoid every single sheep, eventually you will get caught in one

As a druid, when you get out of sheep with no hots on your target, its insanely hard to top your target off again if the other team is offensive
Having played shammy, druid and priest in wotlk, i think i can say that of those 3, druid burst healing is by far the worst.
Yes, Riptide is pretty shit, but at least it heals for a bit and it will give you the buff making your next heals more powerful. Same with priests, if shield is dispelled at least you got the reduced cast time on penance etc.

Druid healing is insane with hots rolling on a target, but its just hard to keep up with the damage if you have to apply all your hots first

I rly dont get this, you keep talking as if druids cant jsut shift form out of freaking sheep, so u trow hots u get sheep shift out of it trow more is not like the rest of the healers who might havge to sit on a sheep or trinket or need to be dispelled you just have to click one button to get yourself out of poly and im suprised ppl is acctualy trying to make a point around this,

#46 lassira

lassira
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:23 PM

so true
except that you can dispel a hotted target clean in 2 globals so no hots are actually rolling.

you people don't seem to be getting the point. it's not the 10s polymorph that is bothering us. if all you could do was polymorph druids then i'd be ok with it.
but that polymorph will chain into a deep freeze which will chain to some other dick CC like fear, and unlike most priests with fearward/shadowres/WOTF/-30% talent or shamans with grounding/shock/tremmor or paladins with hammer/stoicism/bubble/bop we have no way to recuperate from that.

either let druids retain polymorph immunity and don't give us dispel or give us something like a hot which is undispellable with a 30s cooldown or something that can be used for swiftmend even though swiftmend is roflbad compared to shit like penance

yeah, I agree the 1v3 bracket does suck.

#47 spewytrons

spewytrons
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:28 PM

I rly dont get this, you keep talking as if druids cant jsut shift form out of freaking sheep, so u trow hots u get sheep shift out of it trow more is not like the rest of the healers who might havge to sit on a sheep or trinket or need to be dispelled you just have to click one button to get yourself out of poly and im suprised ppl is acctualy trying to make a point around this,

?

#48 Handless

Handless
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Warsong
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:29 PM

inb4 mushroom of death: A mushroom of nature binding that inflicts 400 to 560 nature damage to the target. If the target is not killed by Mushroom of death, the caster takes damage equal to the damage inflicted upon the target.

#49 majstorzawow

majstorzawow
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1449
  • 3v3: 1957

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:33 PM

guys druids can be hexed also .

had a full duration hex on a druid @ 2600 mmr.

#50 Moridinn

Moridinn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:43 PM

so true

First of all, hots being dispelled off in 2 globals is such BS I considered not even dignifying this with an answer, 3 x lb + rejuv + trash buffs + 30% dispel resistance = you MAY get 2-3 hots in those two globals, more likely you get 1-2 hots and some trash thingie. Priests have fear ward which by your own argument can be dispelled off in one global, same for shadow resistance (as I bet that in your version of reality motw is always dispelled instantly, the same should go for shadow res). True, we have Unbreakable Will for 30% off fear/df. You may get something similar for all I care, so whine about that please. Do not whine about being polymorphable when you have magic dispel - surely you can see that is retarded. You may need more to compensate for that (and in turn you may need to get nerfed in some other way to compensate for THAT).

#51 Treehugger

Treehugger
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:21 PM

First of all, hots being dispelled off in 2 globals is such BS I considered not even dignifying this with an answer, 3 x lb + rejuv + trash buffs + 30% dispel resistance = you MAY get 2-3 hots in those two globals, more likely you get 1-2 hots and some trash thingie. Priests have fear ward which by your own argument can be dispelled off in one global, same for shadow resistance (as I bet that in your version of reality motw is always dispelled instantly, the same should go for shadow res). True, we have Unbreakable Will for 30% off fear/df. You may get something similar for all I care, so whine about that please. Do not whine about being polymorphable when you have magic dispel - surely you can see that is retarded. You may need more to compensate for that (and in turn you may need to get nerfed in some other way to compensate for THAT).

so your argument boils down to trash debuffs which you don't dispel at the beginning of a fight anyhow because you're bad? if you have a 2nd dispeller (mage, shaman) on your team you will steamroll any druid team. end. of.

also, 75 resistance from motw =/= 130 from shadow protection against fears, but don't let the numbers confuse you.

#52 Coca

Coca
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:39 PM

You do realise that dispells will change in cata, maybe even cutting down the 2 dispells per purge/dispell to 1?
Talk about a truckload of whine before anything even happened.

#53 Moridinn

Moridinn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:01 PM

so your argument boils down to trash debuffs which you don't dispel at the beginning of a fight anyhow because you're bad? if you have a 2nd dispeller (mage, shaman) on your team you will steamroll any druid team. end. of.

also, 75 resistance from motw =/= 130 from shadow protection against fears, but don't let the numbers confuse you.

No, my arguemnt doesn't boil down to that - read the post again. Besides, those resistances dont matter as, by your own argument, those buffs are always dispelled in the start. Always. Again, atleast you have hots on the target - other healers cant heal at all when cc'ed. And regardless, NONE of this justifies polymorph immunity, so get over it already.

Also, what the guy above me said. Spam dispelling wont be a real option in Cata.

#54 Sharor

Sharor
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:10 PM

You act as if dispel resistances will stay..

Of course they won't - with dispel having a cd, antidispel mechanics get removed.

Druids do need something if they become sheepable, since a smart dispeller will remove rejuv off the target when druid exits sheep and thus putting sustential pressure on the druid.

Same as cyclone, when cycloning a target that half global in between means a world to a healer. As a druid you just need 2 to save a target.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.”

- Einstein

#55 Hershey

Hershey
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:35 PM

This post is dumb

1) Blizzard is changing the way people dispel so that it costs a lot more mana and you don't want to just spam it like you do now. So that means a few pre-hots on people and druids will probobly be better healers while poly'd than any other healer.

2) Correct me if im wrong but can't druids if they see an incoming sheep, just switch to bear form? Easier than SW:D'ing a poly. Then run behind LoS and pick up your teammates.

3) Tree of Life is becoming a cool-down and im sure you will be immune to poly in that form and u will be immune to banish so if your team is really falling behind u can pop that cooldown for stronger heals and immunities

#56 disilol

disilol
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:40 PM

problem with druid takes to long to get hots up on target.. but when you got it fully hotted its hard to get it down!

#57 Sharor

Sharor
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:10 PM

This post is dumb

1) Blizzard is changing the way people dispel so that it costs a lot more mana and you don't want to just spam it like you do now. So that means a few pre-hots on people and druids will probobly be better healers while poly'd than any other healer.

2) Correct me if im wrong but can't druids if they see an incoming sheep, just switch to bear form? Easier than SW:D'ing a poly. Then run behind LoS and pick up your teammates.

3) Tree of Life is becoming a cool-down and im sure you will be immune to poly in that form and u will be immune to banish so if your team is really falling behind u can pop that cooldown for stronger heals and immunities

Feral immunity will be talented :) Regarding the "sheeped healer" thing, think of a priest.

If he has shield and pom (renew maybe even) on a target, is that target going to stay alive ? Would a swtich to the priest, BEING FULLY PURGED, mean death to one of the targets afterwards?

Because this is the druids point of view. We've no innate defences like priests except barkskin which is already forced when switching properly
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.”

- Einstein

#58 Broxis

Broxis
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Scryers
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:18 PM

this is still a hard call to make, for all we know the feral talent will be low enough in feral to have a weird hybrid spec that still picks it up. Also, supposedly hp pools are higher and healing lower, so it's always possible that with all the new defensive shit out there that your partner will be perfectly capable of surviving it. Cant complain about poly until its actually the xpack.

Worst case scenario means you need a team with heavy interupts OR another dispel (shadow, maybe warlock).
:warrior::mage::paladin:

#59 solidarityx

solidarityx
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/2/0/1/0
  • 3v3: 1753
  • RBG: 1620

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:21 PM

You mean, like, the same as every other healer in the game?

riptide and holy shock really don't heal for that much, and they cost the same global that a flash heal, nourish, lesser HW, or flash of light does.

So I guess you will be at a disadvantage for 1.5 seconds (reduced by haste)?

Being prepared for switches is something that every good arena team should be able to do. Every other healer has had to deal with getting Polyed for 2 expansions, now that you get defensive dispel, you have to deal with the downsides of that just the same as every other healer.

....holy shock heals for alot + instant fol if it crits? 5 second cooldown? druids will be fucked more than any other class if we can not shift out of poly's. tunneling nourishes when our hots are instantly dispelled is very little healing. we have no dmg reduction spells to cast on our partners.

#60 Disstance

Disstance
  • Members
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:23 PM

guys druids can be hexed also .

had a full duration hex on a druid @ 2600 mmr.

no you didn't.
"Love should be put into action!"
screamed the old hermit.
Across the pond an echo
tried and tried to confirm it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<