#1 zsuper

zsuper
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:27 AM

Thoughts on RPS at this point in the game?

I just came back after two weeks and I'm feeling like the comp isn't as viable as it was before I left. The damage and control that let us get early kills, which we basically thrived on early season, feels like it's gone.
I feel like other classes are now doing so much instant damage with no setup that I can't do anything but disperse and die early game, let alone get DoTs up.

Is it just because I'm rusty, or are Shadow Priests (or at least RPS) going down hill?

#2 Taylorswift

Taylorswift
  • Churp
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:29 AM

lol there's nothing wrong with the comp, other teams on your bg probably figured out what to do against it

#3 zsuper

zsuper
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:38 AM

Taylorswift said:

lol there's nothing wrong with the comp, other teams on your bg probably figured out what to do against it

They aren't really doing anything new. They're just tunneling me harder and getting kills faster.

#4 Olinim

Olinim
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:40 AM

Taylorswift said:

you're a fake
Olinimlol - Undead For Lyfe

#5 trickyiol

trickyiol
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Wildhammer
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:41 AM

Olinim said:

you're a fake

yep, he was a 0 time glad resto druid who got posting privileges last season

#6 Olinim

Olinim
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:54 AM

kids a fuckin fanboi of my OG Churp.  http://www.wowarmory...=Hyjal&cn=Churp
Olinimlol - Undead For Lyfe

#7 ilybrah

ilybrah
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:32 AM

lol

View PostWelgard, on 06 June 2011 - 06:33 PM, said:

A full set of dots + a felhunter on my hpal requires me to divine light spam to stay alive, without the lock hitting me with drain life or drain soul at all.  

View Postsignoftimez, on 28 June 2011 - 10:03 PM, said:

SO ya, i was a hpally s9, and it was by far my favorite season ever in wow.  Thanks for your OPINIONS tho on whether the season sucked or not.  L2P, have a nice day!

#8 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:11 AM

You said yourself you came back after 2 weeks, ergo, play more. As for RPS, it's super OP as always.

#9 zsuper

zsuper
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:20 AM

Lolflay said:

You said yourself you came back after 2 weeks, ergo, play more. As for RPS, it's super OP as always.

You haven't played in two weeks. I'd feel slightly better if I could find someone who's played it in the past two weeks and risen substantially.

In some games vs. teams like Hunter/DK and Hunter/Ret, I'm often finding that they can burn ~18k of my health in the time it takes me to get SW:P + VT + DP up; sometimes I can just barely get the DP up before I have to duck back into a pillar.
I feel completely useless because I can't get into LoS long enough to do more than that, otherwise I'm gibbed in 3-4 seconds.
Either damage was this bad before and I forgot how to deal with it, or damage is getting way out of hand.

We're also running into a lot of team who just trinket the very first CC to hit them after engaging, no matter what it is; I find this really hurts us, as well, since all of our CC is on long cooldowns.

#10 Pekin

Pekin
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Garona
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:57 AM

zsuper said:

You haven't played in two weeks. I'd feel slightly better if I could find someone who's played it in the past two weeks and risen substantially.

In some games vs. teams like Hunter/DK and Hunter/Ret, I'm often finding that they can burn ~18k of my health in the time it takes me to get SW:P + VT + DP up; sometimes I can just barely get the DP up before I have to duck back into a pillar.
I feel completely useless because I can't get into LoS long enough to do more than that, otherwise I'm gibbed in 3-4 seconds.
Either damage was this bad before and I forgot how to deal with it, or damage is getting way out of hand.

We're also running into a lot of team who just trinket the very first CC to hit them after engaging, no matter what it is; I find this really hurts us, as well, since all of our CC is on long cooldowns.

dude rps is sick setup

but never compare it to insta top 10 setup
mmhunt +protret + rshaman
or mmhuhnt dk pally
just never

in rps try to fakecast stuff, aplly dots and coordinate it with kidney, try to use saps, early lust, and vs hunter+prot/dk always be close to LOS, u should outlast their cd's
Posted Image

#11 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:05 PM

We didn't play in 2 weeks ( almost ) seeing I was kinda busy and the times I could play I had lag, but if we'd play right now I'm pretty confident we'd go and grab our rank 1 without sweat.

RPS is about consistency, it doesn't have any RNG in it - I get PMs from shadowpriests asking how to verse a good RMP as RPS, it's all about getting on the priest asap and "slipping" 'round his rogue and mage ( think how a scooter in big traffic jam can go around all the cars, that's
the way you play it ). If you aren't consistent, you will lose, simple as that. You haven't played maybe some odd time period, it's natural you lose a bit - play more games and get "into shape" again.

#12 zsuper

zsuper
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:50 PM

Lolflay said:

RPS is about consistency, it doesn't have any RNG in it - I get PMs from shadowpriests asking how to verse a good RMP as RPS, it's all about getting on the priest asap and "slipping" 'round his rogue and mage ( think how a scooter in big traffic jam can go around all the cars, that's
the way you play it ). If you aren't consistent, you will lose, simple as that. You haven't played maybe some odd time period, it's natural you lose a bit - play more games and get "into shape" again.

This is, of course, how we play RMP. It doesn't work against good ones. Ever.

What do you do if the Mage and Rogue open directly on you? 'Slipping' around isn't possible, you're guaranteed to be sheeped, sapped, or opened on by any decent RMP. If the Mage runs so far out while invisible that it can't get a sheep on me before I'm in range to cast on it's Priest, the team has no coordination and therefore is bad.

Once our Rogue opens on their Priest, the Rogue and Mage tunnel damage into me, which completely locks me down. Nothing is sheeped unless they can't interrupt my Shaman's heals, in which case they use Sheep to stop his cast; they literally blow everything and kill me as quickly as possible.

Their Priest just kites our Rogue away from me, which puts our Rogue in the position of leaving the Priest and peeling off me (we lose, no pressure) or staying on the Priest (we lose, they'll get a kill on me before my Rogue kills their Priest).

I literally can't do anything to the Priest because it's out of my range, and I can't survive the triple opener, even with my Shaman healing me. Sheep, Hex, and Counterspell are too much.

What would you do in this situation?

Side note, RMP is fairly rare on our BG. They aren't the reason I feel like the comp is going down hill. We play it maybe 1/8 matches.
The majority of teams are spellcleave variants or Hunter/{Ret,DK}/{Paladin,Priest}. They're the reason I feel it's going downhill.

#13 zecatone

zecatone
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:17 PM

zsuper said:

What do you do if the Mage and Rogue open directly on you? 'Slipping' around isn't possible, you're guaranteed to be sheeped, sapped, or opened on by any decent RMP. If the Mage runs so far out while invisible that it can't get a sheep on me before I'm in range to cast on it's Priest, the team has no coordination and therefore is bad.

Once our Rogue opens on their Priest, the Rogue and Mage tunnel damage into me, which completely locks me down. Nothing is sheeped unless they can't interrupt my Shaman's heals, in which case they use Sheep to stop his cast; they literally blow everything and kill me as quickly as possible.

Their Priest just kites our Rogue away from me, which puts our Rogue in the position of leaving the Priest and peeling off me (we lose, no pressure) or staying on the Priest (we lose, they'll get a kill on me before my Rogue kills their Priest).

I literally can't do anything to the Priest because it's out of my range, and I can't survive the triple opener, even with my Shaman healing me. Sheep, Hex, and Counterspell are too much.

Side note, RMP is fairly rare on our BG. They aren't the reason I feel like the comp is going down hill. We play it maybe 1/8 matches.
The majority of teams are spellcleave variants or Hunter/{Ret,DK}/{Paladin,Priest}. They're the reason I feel it's going downhill.

Sap Priest,Garrote Mage, Blind Rogue

IF(ROGUE TRINKETS)
   Cheap, Kidney + Silence On Priest and Collect points
else if (ROGUE EATS FULL BLIND)
   zerg priest and collect points

#14 Ezolol

Ezolol
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • LocationATX

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:29 PM

super duper ez mode tunnel-age? and if u cant land a kill...switch and land one.

#15 Calx

Calx
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:37 PM

zsuper said:

Your rogue cheapshot opening the priest while you're getting raped seems quite stupid

Coordinate?  Just because you can't slip through doesn't mean better players can't.

And if you can't slip through the r/m, then whats the point of your rogue opening the priest with damage...?

Sounds like the team that played worse lost imo

#16 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:46 AM

Yen, your rogues job is to keep priest still, one minor CC on the rogue equals you fading and getting to the priest.

If they open hard on me and don't let me get there, my rogue just saps priest, cheap shots opponent rogue and sprints back to priest - and my shaman hexes the mage, in the time it takes them to react, I fade and dispel mage slows off me ( if he applies them after fade ) while we both are rushing towards the priest. Pop BL, collect points.

#17 Teece

Teece
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:38 AM

my RPS is really struggling against Warrior/Hpally/X teams for some reason. it seems they double/triple our damage and im playing so defensive i cant stay on top of the holy pally to shock.

Ive heard just training the warrior works but against War/Ele/Hpally the warrior just turtle until my rogue is out of CDS then they hammer/bladestorm and EMLB him with a thunderstorm on me.

also Beastcleave? WTF. the only success weve had is locking down the Enh shaman and zerging the paladin, but if our pally zerg gets stopped we dont have a solid follow-up.

any ideas?

#18 Nixxy

Nixxy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow
  • RBG: 2576

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:09 AM

Teece said:

my RPS is really struggling against Warrior/Hpally/X teams for some reason. it seems they double/triple our damage and im playing so defensive i cant stay on top of the holy pally to shock.

Ive heard just training the warrior works but against War/Ele/Hpally the warrior just turtle until my rogue is out of CDS then they hammer/bladestorm and EMLB him with a thunderstorm on me.

also Beastcleave? WTF. the only success weve had is locking down the Enh shaman and zerging the paladin, but if our pally zerg gets stopped we dont have a solid follow-up.

any ideas?

shouldnt lose to warrior teams ever rly as RPS - yes you can just train the warrior or make swaps for the ele without stuns if the warrior is turtling alot. Your priest should be dispelling hammer on the rogue and bladestorm shouldnt be a factor between dismantle/pshychic horror - usually when warriors bladestorm vs RPS they die.

I geuss it depends on the team you face - but all 3 targets are quite easily killable. You could even sap shaman, open paladin to force bubble early and possibly blind war and make a cheap -> kidney swap on him when paladin does bubble in which case the warrior will die during kidney with silence/hex on pala. If he does survive to shield wall for whatever reason - kill the paladin who now has no bubble/trinket.

Beastcleave is so random, usually start by locking down shaman and trying to get BL off everyone and surviving the beast within duration after which we blind hunter and swap on him with fear on shaman/wolves (after you dragged them behind a pillar and killed tremor ofc) and silence on paladin, hexing shaman or paladin depending on wether shaman trinkets fear. hunter is either gonna die or manage a deterrence while paladin bubbles - depending on hunter hp you then kill hunter or paladin. That's the ideal situation anyway - sometimes i just randomly die through BL healing wave spam with beast within on cd - fun times. Sometimes we just zerg the paladin try to reset and zerg him again tho - and on rov we hope the paladin fails to bubble =(
Please support my art at:
http://taken-usernam...rt.com/gallery/

#19 Bloodfest

Bloodfest

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:05 PM

Beastcleave disarm hunter during BM and try to land a kill on him. if you live long enough for the shamans wolves to go away kill him. dispell the pets lusts thats vital
Really guy

#20 Lust

Lust
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Anub'arak
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:44 AM

Wtf do you do as RPS vs mancleave?
Some 2250 team came out of nowhere yesterday and farmed my priest's RPS down 100+ points - the prot puts out so much obscene damage and stuns and silences, not to mention spell reflect, I barely get to cast at all. Second I disperse, resto sham just gets instantly gibbed, or if I pop out early to help peel I die 3 seconds later anyways :(

Best success we've had was sitting hard on the prot all game to lock him down, but I still died about half a second after he finally decided he may as well shield wall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<