#122 Panzerkampf

Panzerkampf
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:21 PM

Fade cd is lower than nova cd. Glyph of fade, which most spriests pick up, matches nova CD right there, and they have the talent which reduce it by another 6 seconds. Thats a 15 second fade vs a 21 second nova.

I didn't read the last pages, so I'm terribly sorry if this has already been mentioned.

You seem to confuse glyph of fade (major) which not a single priest has ever equipped, with glyph of fading (minor) which reduces fade mana cost.

#123 Yilar

Yilar
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 767

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:39 PM

Rofl..you didn't understand what I was getting at. Without LoS, the spriest can be sheeped into oblivion and a good mage can turtle out until all or some of his CD's are back. I believe the ones you guys really need to beat an spriest are up again before the ones he needs (again) to beat you.

And again, in the case of durotar or other limited LoS settings, the mage can take drinking into the open (far away from pillars). This buys time for the mage's shorter CDs

What are these <2 minute cd's you speak of? By the time the mage cd's comes off cd the priest has cd's to, and then you're basically back at square 1.

#124 idagi

idagi
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:52 PM

RNG issue, the right way to play as the mage is have cs for any kind of vt/mb, block silence (straight away) trinket horror and blow him up after initial poly/spellsteal, keep hitting after dispersion and through it, ofc logically if theres any kind of LOS present sp wins...

imo the mage can win if enough proccs go his way in a matter of 20 seconds of damage tunneling.

its really all down to damage rng, spellsteal rng, and dispell rng.
with the sp having a slight edge being less dependant on those with a better dispell and no crit dependancy

ofc then there is Nelf priests melding the cs, etc

#125 Watlok

Watlok
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:50 AM

imo the mage can win if enough proccs go his way in a matter of 20 seconds of damage tunneling.

If the spriest you are dueling doesn't dispel your procs he is bad.

I've never lost to an spriest who didn't dispel my procs. I lost 70%+ to an spriest who dispelled every single proc I got every time. I got maybe one brainfreeze off per duel.

#126 katylol

katylol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arcane
  • Locationsweland

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:45 AM

idd l2p issue, spriest cake lol

#127 Bearz

Bearz
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:27 PM

you don't need to retarget the mage. i hope you know you can shadow word death the mirror image and still break a poly.

yes if i had spell alerter, which i dont, so i wouldnt see the cast to begin with

#128 idagi

idagi
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:03 PM

If the spriest you are dueling doesn't dispel your procs he is bad.

I've never lost to an spriest who didn't dispel my procs. I lost 70%+ to an spriest who dispelled every single proc I got every time. I got maybe one brainfreeze off per duel.

while i agree he should be trying its just stupid to say hes bad if he doesnt.. as if he doesnt have other globals... also frostbite is a procc? so inbetween dispelling all ur start buffs and ur new proccs he needs to dispell the 5-stack wc+fb+mirrorfb counters off himself or he wont get the frostbite proccs...

wichever way you turn it, ir you lining up and turreting bolts into an spriest nomatter how he plays ur proccs is going to play a huge role in the outcome :)? not to mention you just proccing BF in the global he is casting anything (dot, selfdispell, shield?) and u just using before he even gets a new global..

#129 thundererer1

thundererer1
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:21 PM

I don't see what the problem here is...stop argueing.

spriests beat mages in a duel with LoS.

mages beat spriests in a duel without LoS.
excillerate me
:rogue::mage::priest:

#130 Champ

Champ
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:55 PM

gg

0 user(s) are reading this topic