Pownmeisterz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:46 PM

shadowpriests in crit gear have about 15mp5

outside of disperse and fiend, youre not getting anything back by staying in 5sr

fade cd is a hell of a lot longer than nova cd

spriest dispells are hella mana exspensive as well

not saying you should win with a pillar up, but no need to exagerate

How many shadowpriests go crit gear? Pretty much every spriest goes through the thought process of should I go crit or spirit, and almost all of them end up going spirit. Not to mention a solace solves all your problems and you can still go crit.

You have dispersion on a 1:15 CD that gives you back 36% mana, and shadowfiend on a 3 minute CD that gives you back 10k mana. We have evocation on a 4 minute CD that gives back 60% mana, and a gem on a 2 minute CD that gives us back 4k mana.

Fade cd is lower than nova cd. Glyph of fade, which most spriests pick up, matches nova CD right there, and they have the talent which reduce it by another 6 seconds. Thats a 15 second fade vs a 21 second nova.

Dispel costs less mana than cone of cold, the only snaring ability that a mage can cast while chasing you around a pillar.

I'm not exagerrating at all, and I'm not putting up any stupid talent specs like a priest that gets every mana reduction talent. Spriests complained about PvE enough that their abilities scaled off of haste, a few talents buffed here and there, and now they have the highest DPM of any caster, probably better than lightning bolt.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#42 lolcho

lolcho
  • Junkies

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:19 AM

omg guys wtf is this thread mage wins anytime that's it ..SHEEP SPELLSTEAL buffs SUMMON ARMY -> Spellsteal every shield GG.

#43 Watlok

Watlok
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:03 AM

hey archmage you are wrong, you can't blink out of psychic horror

you have no idea how hard it was to find a spriest on destromath

#44 nikolas

nikolas
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:52 AM

Sheep and steal all buffs, if the SP starts to silence instantly, counter it with CS into Sheep. Steal all buffs but also rebuff your own, that goes with AI, DM, Mana Shield Rank 1, SF, FW etc. Now that you got 20 buffs and he 0 just open with a hasted nuke and force Disprersion or trinket. He won't be able to do damage if you keep up the preassure and you can safely do a reset on the second Poly DR. It's all about if you can do X damage to lock down his dispelling and damage. He shouldnt be able to get to you, so you should always trinket the first horror to get momentum rolling. Normally block the first silence if it's an offensive one, if not just wand through it.

Recap: get as many buffs you can for dispell protection and do sick damage.

Best SP on my realm is lolflay but hes quite bad so I normally beat him without pets.

#45 Knarox

Knarox
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/1/.

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:24 AM

salokin ur a beast :cool:
"Oh yeah, well I've had about enough of morons and half wits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells... and you, you chowder-head yokel, you blithering hayseed. You've had enough of me?"

#46 Archmage

Archmage
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:29 PM

Hey, sorry I deleted the post before you replied because yeah I tested it by my self and you can't blink out of Psychic Horror anymore. Too bad cuz I remember my self even with Ice Armor blinking out of it, probably at some time someone reported it and they fixed it.

#47 ady

ady
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow
  • RBG: 2328

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:01 PM

You have dispersion on a 1:15 CD that gives you back 36% mana, and shadowfiend on a 3 minute CD that gives you back 10k mana.

If shadowfiend ever gives 10k mana back you're bad

#48 Silzune

Silzune
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:41 AM

IMO if the priest is good he should win.
"I acquire the highest of fives" - Barney Stinson

#49 Raphner

Raphner
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Survival ./0/././1/./.
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:41 AM

omg guys wtf is this thread mage wins anytime that's it ..SHEEP SPELLSTEAL buffs SUMMON ARMY -> Spellsteal every shield GG.

pretty much, ive never lost to a sp.

200buffs vs 0
army vs 1.

Pretty easy, just dont let him EVER get vt up.

#50 Fuutoni

Fuutoni
  • Members

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:11 AM

:cool: true dat
Posted Image
Problem with dat?

#51 katylol

katylol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Locationsweland

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:22 AM

pretty much, ive never lost to a sp.

200buffs vs 0
army vs 1.

Pretty easy, just dont let him EVER get vt up.

What spriest have you dueled?

#52 Yilar

Yilar
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 767

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:32 AM

What spriest have you dueled?

Bad ones...

Here's some hints for the priest vs a mage:
Don't buff yourself at start, hello no free buffs for mage!
Cast shield and pom into a frostbolt, so it doesn't get spellstolen.
Mash dispel button and laugh as he dies to 2 dots.

#53 Nixxy

Nixxy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow
  • RBG: 2576

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:42 AM

Bad ones...

Here's some hints for the priest vs a mage:
Don't buff yourself at start, hello no free buffs for mage!
Cast shield and pom into a frostbolt, so it doesn't get spellstolen.
Mash dispel button and laugh as he dies to 2 dots.

dueling bad mages is hard
Please support my art at:
http://taken-usernam...rt.com/gallery/

#54 Reesezpiecez

Reesezpiecez
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:51 AM

Didn't read thread but i've had pretty good success with just a generic rushdown strat, open with imp CS+Poly, its almost guaranteed that they'll trinket the poly in my case, so I repoly a 2nd time, and if the priest is any good i'll poly, fake the 2nd poly, cast a fb, fake the fbolt and just poly because they're expecting my repoly and trinket late ( i know that sounded more complicated than it needed to be but basically, I stagger my polies to make the priest think that i'm not going to repoly so he trinkets and has no chance of stopping me )

After you've secured the priest in a poly you spell steal what you can, and open with a Mi+wet pet+shatter df burst and just straight turret into them like a demon, spam barrier and whenever your barrier are down block the dots off or his m-blast, if he gets close, attempt to blink his fear if you can so you can save a trinket for a psychic horror or something. The priest prolly would have had to disperse on your first DF burst assuming he trinketed a poly, and didnt get lucky with no crits on him. Soooo basically as soon as your block is down, snap a new pet and IV and continue chain casting nukes and use your DF/CS accordingly. If the priest didnt immediately disperse your first burst and tried to wait it out till he was 40-50% then it should be an easy win, if he didnt, well you have your entire set of CDs to pretty much destroy him when drs are up.

But, don't expect this to work in arena since you'll be completely out of CDs if it ever comes down to a 1v1 or 1v2, also don't expect this to work if the priest plays gay enough and has a pillar, DP will absolutely wreck you.

#55 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 18 July 2010 - 12:57 PM

Sheep and steal all buffs, if the SP starts to silence instantly, counter it with CS into Sheep. Steal all buffs but also rebuff your own, that goes with AI, DM, Mana Shield Rank 1, SF, FW etc. Now that you got 20 buffs and he 0 just open with a hasted nuke and force Disprersion or trinket. He won't be able to do damage if you keep up the preassure and you can safely do a reset on the second Poly DR. It's all about if you can do X damage to lock down his dispelling and damage. He shouldnt be able to get to you, so you should always trinket the first horror to get momentum rolling. Normally block the first silence if it's an offensive one, if not just wand through it.

Recap: get as many buffs you can for dispell protection and do sick damage.

Best SP on my realm is lolflay but hes quite bad so I normally beat him without pets.

?!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#56 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 18 July 2010 - 01:01 PM

as for this topic, insta CS the priest, into sheep - pop icy veins, spellsteal everything, open with hard nuke on him, continue turreting shit

he's only got silence and psychic horror to stop you, silence lasts 2.5s and horror lasts 1.5s - while you got blink, invis, ability to reset if needed to regen health, iceblock shit off, evocation, pets, a proper interrupt, etc etc

if you catch his shadow school with CS and turret spam frostbolts into him, he'll lose

losing this matchup as a mage in open space without LoS for SP to abuse ( aka durotar etc ) = you should go delete your WoW acc

however if it's in arena environment, then SP > mage and you literally can't win

[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout

#57 pewpewurdead

pewpewurdead
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Spinebreaker
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:15 PM

if you catch his shadow school with CS and turret spam frostbolts into him, he'll lose

my SP from my 2's outheals my dmg alot realy if u don't get procs, spam FB, he outheals me EZ, i gues i'l go delete my acc....

what do you do if priest opens with silence, vamp, all dots up, horror, Mblast? block silence, CS?, (thinking he CS'ed me faster then i CS'ed him to open with poly)trinket stun, meanwhile hes on ur ass to fear u....(feedback: he should not be on ur ass, i say: hes mounted?..)

i have won a few duels being SICK agressive, and wining because the duel goes to fast for my priest to respond :P, but if both classes play equaly good, priest wins? :s

#58 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:22 PM

look, if you play well, even a completely skill capped shadowpriest will get completely dominated to ground ( unless he's wearing maximum pvp resi gear, and is just trying to outlast you, then that's different story )

a mage on the roll in a duel is like a rollercoaster versus a single man, you get absolutely stomped and you feel fucking owned and that feeling doesn't go away until you do a lot of duels versus that single mage and get the feeling of how he plays

if he heals and is wearing light resi gear ( ~1.1k ), just continue turret spamming him, SPs aren't really mana efficient and if they spamheal themselves with dispersion down, chances are the SP is going oom sooner than later

only times I lost versus a mage was when I got dominated by the damage they're doing on me, so there's your answer ( mind you though, I'm definantley NOT a dueler - I'm arena PvPer, not a duelist, so take my answers with a grain of salt )

#59 Fearmeh

Fearmeh
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 2696

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:36 PM

If you fight a spriest in a 1v1 in nagrand arena and he's decent it's literally impossible

#60 lolcho

lolcho
  • Junkies

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:40 PM

parctice more then

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<