#21 nim

nim
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:27 AM

he'll usually open with a fear, when the duel starts imp CS + sheep, immediately recast sheep, incase he insta trinkets

This is the bit people really need to pay attention to. CS>Poly>Poly is your best open.

Steal his buffs while he's in poly and open hard with everything. With no Fort or Bubble coming out of Poly you could be able to force an instant silence and/or disperse. Block his first row of dots and wipe the floor with him.

"Pillars and you lose," pretty much goes without saying, that's like out mantra.
Color Guard
105 204 240
.41 .80 .94
#69CCF0

#22 nim

nim
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:30 AM

my priest always wins from me even if i do this all listed above :P

sheep=> spelsteal yey all ok

pets mirors w/e, DF dmg time (dispers)
next big number? PW:shield, silence vamp touch, time for dispels meanwhile

GG u see ur hp dropin already

ok i sheep to evocate, my priest trinkets=> bombs me
if i don't evo he doesn't, sits it out gets hp, drinks if needed, or just chases me and i'm dead cuz drinking as mage doesn't realy help mutch :P

all ur tax sounds realy good but a good SP wil win specialy if he fking engineers ur evocation :(

Durotar minipilars ftl to <.<:mad:

If you can force Dispersion before your first Ice Block you shouldn't be losing. Remember to IB when Pain, VT and Devo Plauge go up. That's where the meat of his damage comes from.
Color Guard
105 204 240
.41 .80 .94
#69CCF0

#23 nim

nim
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:31 AM

Also be pro and blink-dodge his fears, it helps to have trinket up for the Horror.
Color Guard
105 204 240
.41 .80 .94
#69CCF0

#24 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:35 AM

i like to imp cs + sheep at the start, spellsteal as you run to ~40 yards away, if he trinkets blink away before he dots you and invis, then do it again when invis ends

#25 nim

nim
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:37 AM

Getting separation between you and your pet before you open is good too, don't want to get double feared.
Color Guard
105 204 240
.41 .80 .94
#69CCF0

#26 Stilgarv2

Stilgarv2
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/.

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:37 AM

cant you blink horror? sure you can unless this mage trinketted it or something

It's an horror effect, you cant blink out from it
Posted Image

#27 Stilgarv2

Stilgarv2
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/.

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:39 AM

Also be pro and blink-dodge his fears, it helps to have trinket up for the Horror.

Well this "trick" is too predictable, if we're talking about half brained players, then the priest is gonna predict the blink while he is going close to the mage in order to fear
Posted Image

#28 trigger121

trigger121
  • Trigmum
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:28 AM

i like to imp cs + sheep at the start, spellsteal as you run to ~40 yards away, if he trinkets blink away before he dots you and invis, then do it again when invis ends

bad advice? that won't happen, how will you blink and invisi if he trinkets right when your blanket cs ends and dots you instantly? nim tryna act like a baws, come gb an try beat draake
[IMG]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:4dAXMVLWbk7LeM:http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr115/justin1776/brofist.jpg&t=1[/IMG]

#29 trigger121

trigger121
  • Trigmum
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:30 AM

look its not hard at all,

when the duel starts keep distance on the mother fucking sp.

KEEP THAT DISTANCE BROS KOZ HE WILL JUST STAND 40YARD RANGE AND NOT TRY TO FOLLOW YOU AT ALL TO GET AN EARLY FEAR
[IMG]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:4dAXMVLWbk7LeM:http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr115/justin1776/brofist.jpg&t=1[/IMG]

#30 nim

nim
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:35 AM

Well this "trick" is too predictable, if we're talking about half brained players, then the priest is gonna predict the blink while he is going close to the mage in order to fear

That doesn't make it an invalid counter. That's like saying you should never counter-spell cause the Priest might fake.

nim tryna act like a baws, come gb an try beat draake

I wouldn't think you'd have any expectation of beating a decent SP with the gear you have right now. The fight is on a short fuse once you come out of block.
Color Guard
105 204 240
.41 .80 .94
#69CCF0

#31 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:37 AM

bad advice? that won't happen, how will you blink and invisi if he trinkets right when your blanket cs ends and dots you instantly?

can't cast a spell right after trinketing, server has to get the message that you're out of the CC from the trinket, so if you're fast you can blink before they get in range. you can also go outside of 40 yards in between spellsteal GCDs, so there's a chance he won't get it anyway

works pretty reliably for me, and even if it doesn't, you can just run away after the blink and don't invis until ~3 seconds before the dot ends

#32 Pownmeisterz

Pownmeisterz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:00 AM

I think something has to be done about spriest healing output. I've lost 2 2v1s now, me vs lock/priest and rogue/priest, and it took everything to finish the 1v2, and reset for all my CDs and full hp/mana. Its pretty dumb how a priest is able to pillar with PoM+shield, and slowly regen his mana all the way up.

I found it completely retarded when we reset for a while to where it was a duel with full CDs up. I managed to get a CS+blink-nova sheep, stripped all his buffs, and opened on him with ~6 seconds left on CS CD. The stupid part is how much CoC costs in comparison to dispel/fade, and thats the only way you'll effectively get a snare effect on him, since he will fade every nova. The other dumb part is how high of dpm devouring plague is compared to frostbolt.

When I lost by 2k hp because we were both 0 mana and his DoTs finished me off, it made me extremely upset. I completely outplayed him, and I don't even understand how someone who could have easily healed the lock through my damage in the 1v2, ends up beating me since his spec is much more efficient(higher mp5 consumption =/= lower dpm), and maybe a small reason to do with the fact that Dalaran has the buggiest pillars.

Edit: As a side note, it is literally impossible to beat an spriest that pillars and resets all the way up. The only possible way would be to create some leverage between the pillar and the priest, and if he is content with sticking to the pillar(which is the smart thing to do), he'll win because his main priority is dispelling roots/snares, which is all he has to do to win. Now both sides can be stubborn and take the 16 point loss, but more often than not one side will budge.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 Mogias

Mogias
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Chromaggus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • RBG: 384

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:49 PM

I think something has to be done about spriest healing output. I've lost 2 2v1s now, me vs lock/priest and rogue/priest, and it took everything to finish the 1v2, and reset for all my CDs and full hp/mana. Its pretty dumb how a priest is able to pillar with PoM+shield, and slowly regen his mana all the way up.

I found it completely retarded when we reset for a while to where it was a duel with full CDs up. I managed to get a CS+blink-nova sheep, stripped all his buffs, and opened on him with ~6 seconds left on CS CD. The stupid part is how much CoC costs in comparison to dispel/fade, and thats the only way you'll effectively get a snare effect on him, since he will fade every nova. The other dumb part is how high of dpm devouring plague is compared to frostbolt.

When I lost by 2k hp because we were both 0 mana and his DoTs finished me off, it made me extremely upset. I completely outplayed him, and I don't even understand how someone who could have easily healed the lock through my damage in the 1v2, ends up beating me since his spec is much more efficient(higher mp5 consumption =/= lower dpm), and maybe a small reason to do with the fact that Dalaran has the buggiest pillars.

Edit: As a side note, it is literally impossible to beat an spriest that pillars and resets all the way up. The only possible way would be to create some leverage between the pillar and the priest, and if he is content with sticking to the pillar(which is the smart thing to do), he'll win because his main priority is dispelling roots/snares, which is all he has to do to win. Now both sides can be stubborn and take the 16 point loss, but more often than not one side will budge.

Just to be clear, are you whining about loosing a 1v2 against a sp/rogue, sp/lock as in you (one person) vs sp/rogue (two person)?

#34 Pownmeisterz

Pownmeisterz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:03 PM

Yes, the fact the fact that the priest let his partner die without PoM/shield/renew/hymning/peeling is able to kill me because all he has to do is hug the pillar. If he sticks next to the pillar, he will always win due to higher dpm on his abilities and better mana return abilities. He will auto-lose if he is far enough away from the pillar to get a sheep off, and auto-win if he doesn't. Its not a very fun mechanic where a pillar will 100% decide who wins the match.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#35 Shogen

Shogen
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Azshara
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:25 PM

You cant sheep a good shadow when he is in dispersion.( cancel macro)
I mindcontrol the mage when he comes out of his iceblock ( spamming it until he is finnaly out. He can't do anything because he has no cs rdy and df takes too long.)
Also A shadow fears your ele and mirrors.
If I get sheeped without trinket or shadoword Death, I just press my macro to cancel all my buffs. Works in sheep.

There is still a way to win ;). Just pray to RNGesus so you resist 10 dispels ^^

#36 Mogias

Mogias
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Chromaggus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • RBG: 384

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:57 PM

You cant sheep a good shadow when he is in dispersion.( cancel macro)
I mindcontrol the mage when he comes out of his iceblock ( spamming it until he is finnaly out. He can't do anything because he has no cs rdy and df takes too long.)
Also A shadow fears your ele and mirrors.
If I get sheeped without trinket or shadoword Death, I just press my macro to cancel all my buffs. Works in sheep.

There is still a way to win ;). Just pray to RNGesus so you resist 10 dispels ^^

We are talking about duels here, the only reason to use that macro is to not let the mage get in combat if ur playing sp/r vs m/r if you use that macro in a duell your just doing us a favor.

#37 Watlok

Watlok
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:53 AM

Xmo why doesn't the priest you are dueling dispel you or heal? I beat spriests who play like the one you dueled, but I lose to spriests who spam dispels to the point where I can't even use my fof/bf procs. You just get ridiculously behind if they get even a few heals off, and you can't stop the heals if you use your CS on something else.

We are talking about duels here, the only reason to use that macro is to not let the mage get in combat if ur playing sp/r vs m/r if you use that macro in a duell your just doing us a favor.

Pyro Rockets (bigger range), Water Elemental (infinite range), Ice Lance (same range)?

There is an spriest/rogue team on stormstrike with a night elf priest. That shit is truly annoying. They are ~2550 and the priest doesn't swd polys or dispel anything.

Edit: Missed the m/r somehow, but pet still works fine. If the priest cancels you can just open on him.

#38 Triceps

Triceps
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Разувий
  • Вихрь
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/2/2

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:03 AM

all what SHP should do is keep 2 dots on u and kite , and yea he even doesnt need to dispel ur barrier , he can just spam devour plague it will do all the work

Gladiator
Money
Girls

The life

#39 Revelstoke

Revelstoke

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:09 AM

shadowpriests in crit gear have about 15mp5

outside of disperse and fiend, youre not getting anything back by staying in 5sr

fade cd is a hell of a lot longer than nova cd

spriest dispells are hella mana exspensive as well

not saying you should win with a pillar up, but no need to exagerate
Posted Image

#40 RaiNz

RaiNz
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:16 PM

my priest always wins from me even if i do this all listed above :P

sheep=> spelsteal yey all ok

pets mirors w/e, DF dmg time (dispers)
next big number? PW:shield, silence vamp touch, time for dispels meanwhile

GG u see ur hp dropin already

ok i sheep to evocate, my priest trinkets=> bombs me
if i don't evo he doesn't, sits it out gets hp, drinks if needed, or just chases me and i'm dead cuz drinking as mage doesn't realy help mutch :P

all ur tax sounds realy good but a good SP wil win specialy if he fking engineers ur evocation :(

Durotar minipilars ftl to <.<:mad:

take a fucking english class

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<