#2 Summelol

Summelol
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Darkspear
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:20 PM

if theres pillars you should lose if you are equally skilled/geared. if no pillars you can kill them in a DF/cs when their trinket and dispersion is down just reset the duel when they use one of them.
Déw's Biggest Fan.

#3 Zarlino

Zarlino
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-The Venture Co
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 1822
  • LocationNorge wehoo

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:23 PM

The lame thing is that they can use dispersion in both DF and CS, even when they are school locked. And whenever I go for a "reset", I will most likely be at 20% health due to the damage from their dots and the stuff they did to me while I was in phsycic horrir/silence.

If I manage to get a succesfull reset, they will now have their dispersion back, so we are basically at the stage where we started.

#4 trigger121

trigger121
  • Trigmum
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:26 PM

if theres pillars you should lose if you are equally skilled/geared. if no pillars you can kill them in a DF/cs when their trinket and dispersion is down just reset the duel when they use one of them.

you won't get to a second df.

imo if you're both equally good and have the same gear sp should win. unless you get a good start with both pet and mirror images up with ice barrier up and all your buffs, then you can win.
[IMG]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:4dAXMVLWbk7LeM:http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr115/justin1776/brofist.jpg&t=1[/IMG]

#5 Summelol

Summelol
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Darkspear
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:27 PM

cant you blink horror? sure you can unless this mage trinketted it or something
Déw's Biggest Fan.

#6 Summelol

Summelol
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Darkspear
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:29 PM

only mage i lost to although was one who i was dueling in durotar who reset at the furthest distance on 20% health i had no trinket or disperse so i chased him and he killed my in a DF/cs before i could los and heal.
Déw's Biggest Fan.

#7 Lifebloomer

Lifebloomer
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:29 PM

You are doing it wrong,son

#8 Zarlino

Zarlino
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-The Venture Co
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • RBG: 1822
  • LocationNorge wehoo

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:34 PM

You are doing it wrong,son

Enlighten me plzz

#9 trigger121

trigger121
  • Trigmum
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:35 PM

hmmmmm good question, i don't think you can though. but i'm not sure about it, i spam blink when i get horrored but it doesn't work (air)
[IMG]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:4dAXMVLWbk7LeM:http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr115/justin1776/brofist.jpg&t=1[/IMG]

#10 Watlok

Watlok
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:58 PM

Even if you get a perfect opener and force dispersion/trinket/silence with full cds up on your behalf you are probably going to lose. All he has to do is dispel you and use instant dots and you will lose eventually.

I am probably doing something wrong as I didn't duel much for a while but I am losing consistently to 2500+ shadow priests these days. I keep trying different things, but in the ends it comes down to the fact that as frost an spriest is going to out damage you hardcore.

I can beat the bad ones no problem, but I have won 0 times vs a certain spriest.

#11 belzaar

belzaar

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:13 AM

Be on the offense at all times, use ice block to remove all his dots early in the game, stay away from your pet, use mirrors after his fear (or summon them far away)
Spoiler

#12 jakeduncan528

jakeduncan528
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:50 PM

Its possible but pretty tough. I duel my shadow priest partner all the time, and usually come out with a win. If theres LoS, its pretty much a lost cause, but in a actual duel (outside IF or durotar or w/e) then its possible. Try to be VERY offensive and keep the priest on the defensive. Right when hes able to go offensive (psychic horror with dots up, even silence etc) thats when you're going to want to use your first block. Basically just keep them healing as long as possible, and reset every time its needed. Dont forget you can sheep while the priest is dispersed, so its usually a good idea to just wait for dispersion (usually used in a deep freeze, can probably predict it) and then sheep full (can't SWD while in it obviously, unless he cancels which is pretty unlikely) and assuming he has no trinket up from previous sheeps/DFs, you can just reset full with his disperse still on CD. That should force him either healing heavily or dieing.

Hope this helped :D

#13 dnb

dnb

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:19 PM

look its not hard at all,

when the duel starts keep distance on the mother fucking sp.
and get that poly off, fake his sww:death, and if you do fake it and hes running towards you to fear that poly, blink away or cs into a poly.

now that the mother fucking sp in poly, icy veins, haste trinket, accelerators w/e, use them and spell steal EVERYTHING, blow cd's and pet/mirror's, get him into a DF after doing the first shatter for BIG NUMBERS get another shatter for BIG NUMBERS if he disarms you trinket that, if its a silence block it, keep him low save CS for a flash heal always spell steal after youre winning the duel, dont hit his POM, take it first --> dmg, win duel.

just play mega offensive youre bound to win, i dont lose to them often.
AND IF YOU GOTTA RESET YOURE PROBABLY GONNA LOSE JUST SAYIN.
Posted Image

:rolleyes:

:mage: | :warrior:

#14 cinn

cinn
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:15 PM

he'll usually open with a fear, when the duel starts imp CS + sheep, immediately recast sheep, incase he insta trinkets

as soon as you have him in a sheep, spellsteal all his shit and go bananas on him. the more pve gear the better, whenever you force him to heal he's usually lost the match, especially if youre an engineer and save your nade for flash heals

i must add that most the duel usually still feels like a toss up and quite dependant on BIG NUMBERS

if you're ever going to reset, try to get a sheep of off in Dispersion, evocate and make sure you keep winning on HP.

#15 dnb

dnb

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:56 PM

i must add that most the duel usually still feels like a toss up and quite dependant on BIG NUMBERS

ha. =P
Posted Image

#16 dnb

dnb

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:02 PM

no you cant do this
Posted Image

#17 Snorkill

Snorkill
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:11 PM

dueling

There is your problem

#18 belzaar

belzaar

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:49 PM

try to reset and you lose.
Spoiler

#19 unitedstates

unitedstates
  • Junkies

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:58 PM

if its dur or in the open u can win.

anything else is a loss

#20 pewpewurdead

pewpewurdead
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Spinebreaker
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:09 AM

my priest always wins from me even if i do this all listed above :P

sheep=> spelsteal yey all ok

pets mirors w/e, DF dmg time (dispers)
next big number? PW:shield, silence vamp touch, time for dispels meanwhile

GG u see ur hp dropin already

ok i sheep to evocate, my priest trinkets=> bombs me
if i don't evo he doesn't, sits it out gets hp, drinks if needed, or just chases me and i'm dead cuz drinking as mage doesn't realy help mutch :P

all ur tax sounds realy good but a good SP wil win specialy if he fking engineers ur evocation :(

Durotar minipilars ftl to <.<:mad:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<