#21 snac

snac
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:24 PM

bizmark better if you dont give advices in arena seriously with your 1.7k ratings .

about how to get 2.2k , just keep trying , make your own tactic and your own playstyle practice a lot and ul get it . dont be a copy boot .
be a Shadow-:priest: in s5 and get gladiator = mission impossible

#22 Bizmark

Bizmark
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Xavius
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Combat 2/1/2/2/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 1238
  • 3v3: 1302

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:35 PM

bizmark better if you dont give advices in arena seriously with your 1.7k ratings .

about how to get 2.2k , just keep trying , make your own tactic and your own playstyle practice a lot and ul get it . dont be a copy boot .

This is one of those guys who changes team everytime they dont win 99% of the time.

I, like the OP play hundreds of games and try to learn and build synergy.

failing that, roll shadow like snac and go from 1800 to 2.4k. Its skill.

#23 Evolute

Evolute
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2447
  • 3v3: 2709
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1653
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:41 PM

A lot of it is luck.

Like, yesterday: out of the 20 or so games we did, 6 didn't have a hunter. It was full pve feral/mm/disc, or mm/prot/rdruid, or bm/enh/hpala..

And then we chained against like, five holy paladin teams with sacred cleansing.

And a double healer DK.

We gained five points for the night.

Sometimes you just can't control it.

#24 Toosalty

Toosalty
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:09 PM

A lot of it is luck.

Like, yesterday: out of the 20 or so games we did, 6 didn't have a hunter. It was full pve feral/mm/disc, or mm/prot/rdruid, or bm/enh/hpala..

And then we chained against like, five holy paladin teams with sacred cleansing.

And a double healer DK.

We gained five points for the night.

Sometimes you just can't control it.

I agree, if you're good you should generally go up in rating, but sometimes the lineup of teams you get can undo you.

#25 Deththeo

Deththeo
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:12 PM

JUST HIT 2250 MMR IN 2S ON MY DRUID WITH 2500 SP AND 22K HP AM I GOOD LOLDRUIDS

Druids in 2s...

#26 Toosalty

Toosalty
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:13 PM

Druids in 2s...

2's suck.

#27 Hellstabber

Hellstabber
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:19 PM

I havnt been 2200+ on my rogue since S2 =/ due to are server on horde side has very inexperienced players.

But I play with my RL friends/family and that makes it enjoyable and more rewarding if we hit 2200+.

PS: I did hit 2200+ on my druid in 2s last season =D

#28 Thassel

Thassel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2400
  • 3v3: 1926
  • RBG: 1957

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:34 PM

2.2k has 2 factors - 1 comp, 2 battlegroup.

Battlegroups are exactly that same until you reach top 10, so no.

#29 Detoxzqt

Detoxzqt
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Draenor
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:37 PM

I was under the assumption the rating system was a bit of a 1500-sum or similar system, is it possible to have everyone get a team rating of over 2200? Don't think you can really call 2.2k "easy" if not everyone can be over 2.2k, whereas obviously you could call a Heroic easy as everyone can clear it. It's like saying <generic_FPS> is easy when it's impossible for everyone to top the leaderboard.

Anyway, I found having done the proper research, finding the right partners and a fair bit of Durotar-style practice, 2.2k did not stress me out and I'm glad I could get it done before Shadowmourne to avoid the inevitable "boosted by legendary" flame =/

Disclaimer: Haven't done Arena seriously until this season, just been getting 1.8k in various brackets to help guild members get various items for PvE.

aren't you getting boosted by chi and fisker?

MANCleave, the only comp where your team uses less keybinds then it has abs.

Diseases dont scale with AP

#30 Theovide

Theovide
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:45 PM

Meanwhile he's wrong, so are you. I've been on different battlegroups and they are not exactly the same on the ratings I've played, which have been between 1500-2400 mmr.

I'm not sure where that myth comes from that all battlegroups are the same except in the top, because there is no logic to it. If the top 10 is different, we say one bg have 10 teams that are topskilled meanwhile the other have one, then the top 30 on that bg is probably the same as the top 2-9 on the other and so on.
Theovide @ Shattered Hand EU - Theovideyo @ Shattered Hand EU - Proc @ Frostwhisper EU

Posted Image

#31 Juicydaddy

Juicydaddy
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2294

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:03 PM

Meanwhile he's wrong, so are you. I've been on different battlegroups and they are not exactly the same on the ratings I've played, which have been between 1500-2400 mmr.

I'm not sure where that myth comes from that all battlegroups are the same except in the top, because there is no logic to it. If the top 10 is different, we say one bg have 10 teams that are topskilled meanwhile the other have one, then the top 30 on that bg is probably the same as the top 2-9 on the other and so on.

I would not agree with that, the teams in rating 2000-2400 is the same decent casual players which is on every battle group, who dont try to make a living out of arena and actually have a girlfriend. The last teams on the bg is the ones that change the skill requirement for being "in the top". Meeting the 2600+ teams on BG 9 who gets sponsored is a big different for meeting the top on another BG

#32 Theovide

Theovide
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:18 PM

I would not agree with that, the teams in rating 2000-2400 is the same decent casual players which is on every battle group, who dont try to make a living out of arena and actually have a girlfriend. The last teams on the bg is the ones that change the skill requirement for being "in the top". Meeting the 2600+ teams on BG 9 who gets sponsored is a big different for meeting the top on another BG

If blizzard uses no skill indicator on players and put out ratings depending on that but instead puts it out depending on your skill compared to others on your battlegroup it is very likely that some on some battlegroups it will be harder to achieve a certain rating.

For example to eu-cyclone a lot of players have transferred since it was announced to be the bg for competitive players. And as a majority of those players who've paid and transferred to come to a more competitive battlegroup is most likely above average, the average skill level will have increased in the battlegroup thus making ANY rating harder, of course it's probably not that big difference between a 1400 player on eu cyclone and a 1400 player on eu emberstorm that it is between the rank 1-10 on cyclone compared to emberstorm, but still a difference.

Of course you can argue that only the top of the top would choose to transfer to bg9 in us or cyclone in eu, and thus only the top would be different. Because of the fact that the other are anyway obviously meeting hard enough teams already on their battlegroup or else they would be in the very top. I though would say that meanwhile I agree that so seems logical I met A LOT of players who've transferred to cyclone because it was to be the competitive bg even though they've been on 1700 ratings, though I haven't met anyone lower than that transferring (aka all above average which even if it isn't a proof strengthens my arguments above).
Theovide @ Shattered Hand EU - Theovideyo @ Shattered Hand EU - Proc @ Frostwhisper EU

Posted Image

#33 polycarp

polycarp
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 27 March 2010 - 05:25 AM

Another 60 pts gone today in only 14 matches. Trying dk/hpaly/hunter. Just a bad night. I was getting killed very fast for some reason, idk if its just cuz im tired or what but im trying not to blame my healer. I know i just need to play shit tons of games. Hardly have any real arena exp.

I try and kit but really does not good. Then to top the cake i get hit all the time for 11k kill shot... comeon bliz really?

#34 virtua

virtua
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 1986

Posted 27 March 2010 - 05:42 AM

Another 60 pts gone today in only 14 matches. Trying dk/hpaly/hunter. Just a bad night. I was getting killed very fast for some reason, idk if its just cuz im tired or what but im trying not to blame my healer. I know i just need to play shit tons of games. Hardly have any real arena exp.

your gear is fine, this leads me to belive its your binds and play style, mind frapsing a clip and tell me every single one of your binds?

#35 polycarp

polycarp
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall

Posted 27 March 2010 - 05:50 AM

Really dont think its my binds because i dont click anything, ive been playing my hunter a long time. I know I can do better, my main problem is I just dont play enough, and i get mad at shit really easy which throws my whole fucking game off. Im really not enjoying myself in the game because I hate losing and it just snowballs.

I try and kit but really does not good. Then to top the cake i get hit all the time for 11k kill shot... comeon bliz really?

#36 polycarp

polycarp
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:07 AM

little help here. I feel retarded lol

#37 virtua

virtua
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 1986

Posted 27 March 2010 - 09:22 AM

imo people can always get more efficient binds, try me

#38 huurka

huurka
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Shadow 0/././././.

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:35 AM

imo people can always get more efficient binds, try me

hehe yes on my rogue i have vanish on 6 which is too far for me to neilyo a death coil for example

#39 Bizmark

Bizmark
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Xavius
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Combat 2/1/2/2/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 1238
  • 3v3: 1302

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:07 PM

Wrong. Im playing on 2 BG's atm, and have played on 4 in the last 2 seasons.

The main issue my rogue is facing is that 80% of teams from 1600-2200 mmr just now have massive gear. We faced a 1550 RMP who where minimum relentless 5 piece, wrathful shoulders and weapons/offset. Not hard to see that we're out-geared heavily in most matches, the only exception is our mage. 2's is even worse. Comps faceroll to 2k as TSG/shatter/wiz in this BG then go into 2's and have no idea what there class can do.

Also, since wednesday ive seen so few warriors and a ton of hunters, which rip through low geared priests or pve heavy mages without even trying.

On the other hand, on my priests BG, im seeing people in blues hit 1800 and have only met one wrathful heavy team in 2 weeks below 1900.

A good way to judge players in a BG is generally if you drop a 3on3 to a 2on2 and see how well they perform, since most 1800~ 3on3 in lich kings is face-roll comps who do nothing but lava burst/chaos on cooldown and hope someone dies. I've beaten 1950 wiz cleaves who take 3-4 seconds to reverse keyboard turn and try to cast spells. Pissed me off that they can even get that high without basic arena know-how, simply because they are an easy comp.

#40 nonymous

nonymous
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 27 March 2010 - 03:01 PM

This is one of those guys who changes team everytime they dont win 99% of the time.

I, like the OP play hundreds of games and try to learn and build synergy.

failing that, roll shadow like snac and go from 1800 to 2.4k. Its skill.

u mad? lolol

2.2k = synergy with your teammates

if you're lacking that. run a cheese comp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<