trigger121
  • Trigmum
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:42 PM

The situation is this;

I've been playing RMP for so damn long, around s2 to s6 and I'm not sure if I'm doing the right things when I'm playing Shatterplay. I mean there are quiet a few Shatterplays higher rated than us and some even rank one, but they aren't better players than us and I'm just completely confused.

I don't think i can ever fully get into this "WoTLK mindset" without MS and "LUSTT NUKEEEEEEEEEEEEE GOGOGOGOGOOG GLOBAL SOMETHING". Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? I could fraps some 3v3 games and anyone with experience could try tell me what are the more important (probably basic) parts that we're (or i am) doing wrong. Any advice appreciated, peace.

#2 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:46 PM

play rmp ^^

#3 trigger121

trigger121
  • Trigmum
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:49 PM

Only started WoTLK again to play with Draake (SP), so no.

#4 yoyot

yoyot
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Jaedenar
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:56 PM

Just played you tonight on my shaman playing shatterplay (zoddelolz, troll male). Can't really say much except that your shadow priest had some insane pressure :D Didn't really see much of your play from my perspective.

#5 bynd

bynd
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Eonar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:04 PM

I think posting a few 3v3 will be your best bet in getting some advice. or posting some of your strategies. This will let some high rated shatterplays evaluate your teams playstyle and what you can improve on. Can't really get a conclusion on what you can improve on from what you have said.
(my opinion)

#6 trigger121

trigger121
  • Trigmum
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:05 PM

Yeah was funny when he almost solod you, but SPs can do that with lust, your team was going for me and you were like below bridge with Cone of Cold debuf on me. No way for me to get to you.

I think posting a few 3v3 will be your best bet in getting some advice. or posting some of your strategies. This will let some high rated shatterplays evaluate your teams playstyle and what you can improve on. Can't really get a conclusion on what you can improve on from what you have said.
(my opinion)

yeah, i'll try to fraps some

P.S anyone know how to record skype?

#7 klass

klass
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Azgalor
  • Ruin

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:01 PM

Pretend you are in a tunnel and the only way out is through the first thing you tab targeted.

#8 Tweakz

Tweakz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:10 PM

anyone know how to record skype?

You click "record windows sound" or whatever and also click "record microphone" so it records you also.

#9 trigger121

trigger121
  • Trigmum
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:13 PM

You click "record windows sound" or whatever and also click "record microphone" so it records you also.

Mind telling me where "record windows sound" is? :D

orite nevermind it's on fraps, lul

#10 getactive

getactive
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Coilfang
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:15 PM

Pretend you are in a tunnel and the only way out is through the first thing you tab targeted.

gotta love wotlk

#11 Nyttan

Nyttan
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Guardian 2/0/2/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 1050
  • 3v3: 1792
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:16 PM

I believe we faced you once (??) and won versus you the other day, the only thing that I felt you guys weren't doing correct was that you didn't turret, yea, turret that much when you had your chances, you had nice peeling etc but eventually we just pressured you down.

I had the same problem when I came back to my mage this season, still a bit stuck in the slower pace games in tbc.

I wanna face you guys again this week, only faced you and taaras shatterplay :( need moar mirrors

edit: I guess you might have been a bit confused on targets vs us since there's not that many good mirrors here on misery, but keep it in mind for the next fight!:)

it breaks repentence, just make sure you use sac not salvation (hehe ^^ learned hard way)

#12 Tweakz

Tweakz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:16 PM

Posted Image

maybe try getting a new version if urs doesnt look like this

#13 trigger121

trigger121
  • Trigmum
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:26 PM

it does not, where did ya get that >:

I believe we faced you once (??) and won versus you the other day, the only thing that I felt you guys weren't doing correct was that you didn't turret, yea, turret that much when you had your chances, you had nice peeling etc but eventually we just pressured you down.

I had the same problem when I came back to my mage this season, still a bit stuck in the slower pace games in tbc.

I wanna face you guys again this week, only faced you and taaras shatterplay :( need moar mirrors

edit: I guess you might have been a bit confused on targets vs us since there's not that many good mirrors here on misery, but keep it in mind for the next fight!:)

yeah, i may be ccing too much rather than just tunnel nuking. dno, fraps games could tell though

#14 Perseverance123

Perseverance123
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:13 AM

PEELS ARE FOR THE WEAK, FROSTBOLT TURRET!!
Posted Image
Got a flow so cold that I could blow the Sun away!

#15 trigger121

trigger121
  • Trigmum
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:18 AM

what's turret? :(

#16 Watlok

Watlok
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:33 AM

It's when you proudly exclaim "skill bolting" on skype and pound your frost bolt key until you are forced to cc/move/target dies. You don't really do it in RMP, but in wizard cleave/shatterplay you do it pretty often.

#17 trigger121

trigger121
  • Trigmum
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:43 AM

i see

#18 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:46 AM

Only started WoTLK again to play with Draake (SP), so no.

oh the mister average shadowpriest from TBC 2.4.3 realm who badmouthed people while he was really horrid ? :D

say thx to him for every point I got from him

ontopic - all you really need is proper communication with your teammates nowadays, you don't even need to be a great player - if someone is in uncomfortable position, his healer can be polied and later silenced/counterspelled, he's your man to kill - play it like that and only limit is the rank 1 itself ;) ( LOLWOTLK, but then again I played it the same in TBC )

p.s. you don't do coordinated bursts all that much anymore as a mage, you constantly spam bolts and when you need spikeish damage ( read: going for a kill ) use ranged pet nova/deep freeze/ordinary nova coupled with coordinated MB SWD from your SP, people rarely avoid death from that

#19 Liamz

Liamz
  • Shenk
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dragonblight
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:50 AM

I don't think i can ever fully get into this "WoTLK mindset" without MS and "LUSTT NUKEEEEEEEEEEEEE GOGOGOGOGOOG GLOBAL SOMETHING".

It's that mindset that you need to be in. You play spellcleave now, turret damage into whatever you feel like / whatever is in LoS. Insult me all you want or whatever, i'm not trolling or anything. You don't need to try as hard / be as good as you thought you were playing RMP. Just spam damage into whatever you want.

#20 trigger121

trigger121
  • Trigmum
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:56 AM

I already know that :/ @ liamz

@ lolflay, ye i'll try some of that. btw average sp? wat? his main class was rogue and sp was just a class he just started to play, he's a top sp now for sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<