#1 Ultimecia

Ultimecia
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 09 October 2007 - 09:55 PM

Any other healer apart from a druid I can run oom given enough time. Certain resto druids I've run into though just seem impossible to ever run oom before my priest gets oom. They just seem to have too many tools to avoid it, namely increased speed for LOSing, bear form, feral charge and cyclone (then throw in the 240+ SR half the ones I meet seem to have >.<).

No it's not impossible, just very difficult, atleast when it's not druid+warrior/rogue. Thats when my problems really start. I've got a melee stuck to me (if they go for my priest then yes its generally a bit easier) keeping me constantly snared and interrupting. Normally I can fear + mana drain but even if I do get the fear off theres no way in hell I can drain and my priest can't mana burn something that mobile while also keeping me alive.

Any ideas? Just feel a bit helpless as Hpriest/lock vs a competent druid + warlock/rogue/(hell even other locks).

#2 Sekah

Sekah
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 09 October 2007 - 10:24 PM

It's difficult since druids can get out of combat to drink relatively easily, they have innervate, and mana burns are useless on them when they're in cat or bear form. However I find that even forcing a druid to shift or cyclone is still encouraging them to deplete their mana, and from my experience a priest has better staying power than a druid given the right situation. The idea is to pump out enough damage on their partner that they can't afford to stay in bear form for a prolonged length of time. Even if you can't get a decent burn off on them, if you continue to harass them the tides can turn in your favour.

Try to fight them out in the open (middle of Nagrand, middle of the bridge in Blade's Edge, etc) so they have fewer options to LoS you if it's a fight where you can afford to do so.

Granted, this is probably easier for me since I 2v2 with a rogue and he's fairly adept at keeping the opposing team's dps off me.

#3 Meatheist

Meatheist
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Malorne
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 09 October 2007 - 10:24 PM

Hah druids telling a lock how to beat them

This is obviously a tough group, druid lock and druid war, vs priest lock, especially since you cant drain mana while the druid is in bear so it takes 15+ mana drains to run them out of mana. Also, if the druid can get away from your pet then it means a couple ticks of drink and makes it that much harder to drain him

If you can catch the druid with a few drains and even if the priest can catch him with a couple too, (though this might be tough because he probably will get targeted) then you guys could win the mana battle. eating innervate with your pet is key too. Good luck its a tough match up
I have been malowned

#4 Molp

Molp
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:08 PM

Warlock/holy priest is pretty much a free win for warrior/druid or rogue/druid. Warlock/pally does a lot better though. The thing to remember is that shifting into bear is expensive and that mana drain is unaffected by LoS. So the key is to put enough pressure on the warrior to force the druid to heal while at the same time positioning yourself so that the druid has to be in range of mana drains when he pops out. Make him pay for every heal and cyclone. That is hard to pull off because the warrior will smash your priest in the mean time, but it works pretty well with a pally:)

#5 laydee

laydee
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:46 PM

lol if you think warrior + druid is a free win then you're wrong. We haven't lost agaisnt druid + warrior for along time. You mana drain a druid by:

Putting enough pressure on the druid so he has to come near, fear him, drain his mana? :s

#6 Molp

Molp
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 10 October 2007 - 12:59 AM

Well, not a free win (there is this thing called skill after all), but overall I found holy priest/anything to be the easiest lineups for warrior/druid. As I said before, warrior/druid has few truly easy matchups (and also few truly hard ones), but in terms of difficulty, lock/hpriest definitely ranks at the bottom.

#7 Toxiferous

Toxiferous
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 10 October 2007 - 09:55 AM

lol if you think warrior + druid is a free win then you're wrong. We haven't lost agaisnt druid + warrior for along time. You mana drain a druid by:

Putting enough pressure on the druid so he has to come near, fear him, drain his mana? :s

^
priest/warlock is one of our toughest matchups (druid/lock).
You pressure the druid into coming out with your deepz. When the druid shifts out to heal, get any fear you can (deathcoil/psychic scream/howl of terror). Manaburn+Mana drain for one fear and it's over.

#8 Moon

Moon
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 10 October 2007 - 11:52 PM

Pretty much is it, just keep the pressure up to force the heals, also keep an eye out if the war has full rage but doesn't seem to be using abilities usually means he's gonna switch targets to throw you off balance.
WTB chess match - If I wanted fps pvp I'd go play counterstrike.

#9 lairpie

lairpie
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Alterac Mountains
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:23 PM

did a game druid/lock vs druid lock. the only time i ever got mana drained the whole game was each time deathcoil was up he'd dc me, fear me, and get 2 mana drains off. The whole game was just him running around chasing me and then getting 2 drains every 45 seconds or so and me trying to drink in between DC cds. So, if you get really desperate to drain him, use deathcoil to get a chance to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<