169 replies to this topic

#141 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:08 AM

^personnally, i just stopped to cast dp against shamans team, it definitely costs too much mana, and i dont really need this dot to do much damages - though i need VT and SW: P - reapplying dots is definitely the hardest counter to shadowpriest, they cost so much mana, you cant really avoid them from being dispelled ( 7k crit vt ye but... ), and you just cant burst without them.

Though, a shadowpriest's buff would be a joke, til they nerf bloodlust at least.

TSG shouldn't win against an equally skilled LSD but 99% of all LSDs are super retarded so it's quite easy to zerg the druid from start to finish.

#142 Ultrix

Ultrix
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:35 AM

QFT

Mage Armor. :rolleyes:

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1584
  • RBG: 384

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:44 AM

YES LET'S BUFF SHADOWPRIEST

... seriously, stupid idea.

edit : if they remove bloodlust from arena, it would sound fair.

Sorry, I forgot some people are retarded and can't sense sarcasm.

#144 Magus

Magus
  • Junkies

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:48 AM

should have some dispel protection against a totem imo but i guess that would make it RNG

#145 linky

linky
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:55 AM

My spriest runs around soloing people, with or without lust, frequently o_O. Also, he's far easier to heal than the mage or warrior or ele sham that I also play with. Between shields, inner fire, shadow form, and dispersion (not to mention divine hymn and insane pom or flash heals when he's in trouble and gets behind a pillar), he's a DREAM to heal. Also I know whenever I play with him that hammer, silence, imp cs, fear, are all coming off instantly so my healing uptime will be ~100%. Granted, my priest partner has been shadow since season 1 and does more than the "ZERGZERGZERGZERG" i see out of most spriests these days, but when played right they are really damn near impossible to kill. We rarely lose when people focus paladeus.

I can also think of a dozen times in this season alone that I've died and he's off-healed and it's pretty insane.

I also have nothing productive to add to this conversation! :D So I'm not going to state my opinion either way on the matter. Just saw alot of people saying that spriests don't solo people outside of lust, and that they're squishy, and that's just silly. I've been playing with a shadow priest since early s5 when they sucked, and they've always been difficult to kill :)

#146 Revelstoke

Revelstoke

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:57 AM

soloing people?

must be nice 3v1ing people
Posted Image

#147 linky

linky
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:01 AM

soloing people?

must be nice 3v1ing people

sigh, ok, let me break it down for you mr. overly defensive "high rating for the first time" player.

I play 2's with him, on my druid, and he OFTEN fear/dispell/dot/mbdeath/silence/horror/flays someone to death while I'm tanking someone on the other side of the map.

Or in 3's, with any of the 5 or 6 comps I've played with him, he'll often do something crazy like get a fear on a priest, silence the mage, horror the rogue and kill him while our mage sits in a blind or LoS's with me. Just because there are 3 people in the arena doesn't mean all 3 are doing something at all times. I'm not belittling your accomplishments (well, I wasn't until that hilariously overdefensive comment) but paladeus really DOES solo people. Often. You don't get to 2800 MMR as spriest/healer without lust without being able to.

I'm not saying anything about shadow priests - most rely on lust, paladeus is just a phenomenal player and most can't pull the kind of stuff he does in an arena... but it's possible.

#148 Revelstoke

Revelstoke

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:03 AM

and what dps cant kill someone 1v1 by chaining all offensive/ defensive cooldowns at the same time

any defensive cd on the other players part will stop any of that, interrupts, trinkets, etc

warlocks do it, death knights do it, hunters do it, etc
Posted Image

#149 linky

linky
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:05 AM

and what dps cant kill someone 1v1 by chaining all offensive/ defensive cooldowns at the same time

any defensive cd on the other players part will stop any of that, interrupts, trinkets, etc

warlocks do it, death knights do it, hunters do it, etc

That's my point. Spriests can do it and so can everyone else, but saying "SPRIESTS CAN"T SOLO SOMEONE WITHOUT LUST WAHHHHH" isn't true OR productive. Yes, they can. And so can most other classes.

Also, all the spriest dr's are short. It's not like paladeus is blowing a 2 minute cooldown silence, a 3 minute cooldown readiness, or a 3 minute cooldown avenging wrath - if it fails, everything but horror is back up in <30 seconds and horror is REALLY minor, most of the time he uses it defensively anyway.

#150 Revelstoke

Revelstoke

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:07 AM

dont really consider that soloing, killing a dps without heals really isnt soloing
Posted Image

#151 linky

linky
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:10 AM

dont really consider that soloing, killing a dps without heals really isnt soloing

lol he does it to pallies, druids, and shamans more often than he does it to dps. Do you want to keep going with this? Just because you can't do it doesn't mean other people can't too.

#152 Revelstoke

Revelstoke

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:13 AM

all things considered, there isnt a healer that should die 1v1 to an spriest though? (not considering blust)

all have trinkets

bubble, pain sup, grounding totem, absorb totem, barkskin, etc?

by the time horror is up so are other defensive cds? :/
Posted Image

#153 linky

linky
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:15 AM

all things considered, there isnt a healer that should die 1v1 to an spriest though? (not considering blust)

all have trinkets

bubble, pain sup, grounding totem, absorb totem, barkskin, etc?

by the time horror is up so are other defensive cds? :/

You really think barkskin or grounding totem/stoneclaw are going to save a druid or a shaman? and do you REALLY need horror to kill someone? When you purge a druid dry in a fear and then full dot him and dps rotation into a silence, barkskin won't save him. Anyway, I'm done bickering on AJ, no one cares and wants to read us yelling at each other tbh, lol, maybe i'll have paladeus come here and explain how he solos healers or something.

#154 Revelstoke

Revelstoke

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:17 AM

as a disc priest, with a pillar, no i would never die 1v1 to an spriest
Posted Image

#155 linky

linky
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:19 AM

as a disc priest, with a pillar, no i would never die 1v1 to an spriest

Did you even bother to read my posts and notice I left priests out completely? I said druids/shamans/pallies, and in my second post specifically addressed druids and shamans. k, BACK TO THE ARGUMENT AT HAND NOW :o.

Yes, cleansing totem rapes dp - paladeus makes us stomp them for him because they annoy him. However, spriests are so out of hand right now that I doubt people will take this legitimate issue seriously until something else gets toned down somewhat.

#156 Revelstoke

Revelstoke

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:20 AM

any healer with a pillar shouldnt die 1v1 to an spriest. (not counting in blust, other offensive dispells, etc)
Posted Image

#157 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:25 AM

Granted, my priest partner has been shadow since season 1 and does more than the "ZERGZERGZERGZERG" i see out of most spriests these days, but when played right they are really damn near impossible to kill.

And that's the reason why I play shadow, no matter what people say you outstand in the crowd if you're good.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#158 Fauxy

Fauxy
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 192
  • 5v5: 96
  • LocationPNW, USA

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:25 AM

sigh, ok, let me break it down for you mr. overly defensive "high rating for the first time" player.

oh lawd
steam: phozee
dotabuff: https://dotabuff.com/players/24635059

#159 linky

linky
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:29 AM

oh lawd

OHAI FAUXY. Jon/paladeus says hai. also, you should xfer over so we can do triple spriest double healer 5's. kgo.

#160 Revelstoke

Revelstoke

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:35 AM

signature test
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<