#41 aelores

aelores
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:37 AM

playing 3s i notice cleansing totem is pretty ridiculous. If the game has any longevity at all my damage is already being grounded/shocked/dispelled... makes me feel pretty useless for the majority of the game. I think nerfing cleansings duration isn't the right solution, like somebody else said just make it magic.

#42 Tekinetsu

Tekinetsu
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:05 AM

I think making DP a magic buff would be fine, VT protection and immunity to cleansing totem, the healing effect is.. yeah not important.. The only thing is that they should look at spriests as a whole if they do this fix and lower their single target damage a bit in trade for this buff and maybe some mana efficiency. Or at least lower the scaling with haste, the damage is avoidable but it is kind of ridiculous even without bloodlust/heroism sometimes, with it its pretty insane.
Lex Parsimoniae.

#43 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:11 AM

If you're specced into improved devouring plague, cleansing totem shouldn't be able to remove Devouring Plague.

Abolish Disease, Cleanse, Purify, and other spells of this type should work, but Cleansing totem specifically should not be able to remove it - only targetted dispels.

--

I've installed a addon to see my spell casting statistics during pve and accidentaly left it on during arena - in a single arena I whacked about 9 cleansing totems before giving up, and I recasted devouring plague 21 ( ! ) times, 5 of those were refreshes when my target got out of range of cleansing totem/cleansing totem was dead. Everytime I killed cleansing totem I lost 1 second and it took shaman zero effort to just replant it.

Fire and forget ability such as cleansing totem shouldn't be able to remove our most expensive dot, I'm fine with it in return being stripped of its 30% resistance to dispel from targetted dispels ( obviously SWP and VT would remain intact ).

/discuss

Agree, on my alt i just stopped to cast DP when there is a fucking shaman in the other team, mainly because it costs so much mana and doesnt resist at all ( 1 disease cleaned / 3 sec? jk..), -unless you're running dk/sp/holyp- (i faced a team like this last season, wasnt that bad, but not as powered as rps or sth like that ) is just useless.

ps : i hate offensive dispel
ps2 : i hate fucking holy paladins spamming their cleanse on my dots so i have to cast it ten times = lol teen is already oom !

TSG shouldn't win against an equally skilled LSD but 99% of all LSDs are super retarded so it's quite easy to zerg the druid from start to finish.

#44 EMCL

EMCL
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Brewmaster 1/0/1/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2393
  • 3v3: 1920
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1837

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:25 AM

I'm not asking for any totem nerfs. All I'm asking is DP not being removable by Cleansing totem, because if shaman wants it up, IT WILL be up - I can't do a shit to prevent it - and it constantly eats 1k mana of mine and a really huge chunk of my damage.

kind of by definition a totem nerf

#45 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:43 AM

nevermind, shamans would still be able to land bloodlust in the ten first second like autists

TSG shouldn't win against an equally skilled LSD but 99% of all LSDs are super retarded so it's quite easy to zerg the druid from start to finish.

#46 Calx

Calx
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:18 AM

at least 50% of the people in here shouldn't even be allowed in a constructive thread.

on topic:

an unlimited duration, AOE poison+disease cleanse that pulses every few seconds... this initially seems to be comparable to abolish poison/disease, but when you consider the fact that theres only like 4 relevant diseases in arena (in the case of DP, it is the only disease we have...)

having an AOE pulsing cleansing totem that removes 20-30% of only ONE class/spec's dps automatically is RETARDED.

cleansing totem is balanced against rogue poison application, where it is strong, but not gamebreaking, also factoring in that if a rogue is on a shaman, his ability to put down cleansing totem is limited.

none of these factors apply to cleansing totem in the context of diseases and shadow priests.

#47 Kraum

Kraum
  • Junkies

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:28 AM

Few things to say:

First of all shadow priests outside of bloodlust need dispel protection on their dots, and I mean real dot protection not a VT version that does not even break sacred shield.

Second, please don't post this on the US forums since this will end up in a phrase in the next ptr notes like this : "Cleansing totem no longer removes diseases" or some retarded nerf that you did not ask for. (What you're wanting here is perfectly reasonable)

And last, I think shadow priests are not getting any more buffs (and they shouldn't in that manner) because of the way they function so well under bloodlust.

#48 Gunnolf

Gunnolf
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:13 AM

So what you're saying is shamans make priests too strong, so buffing priests shouldnt happen.
Posted Image
Spoiler

#49 Absolut

Absolut
  • Junkies

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:18 AM

Make it a magic effect. Improve VT dispel, either to the damage of UA, or its silence effect.

#50 unifin

unifin
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Cenarion Circle
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/1/2/0

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:33 AM

Honestly don't see why they shouldn't just make it a magic effect. Much simpler to balance caster DoTs if they're all only cleansable with magic dispel. Periodic dispel for something like corruption or curses would be retarded, so I don't quite understand why devouring plague should be a disease.

#51 Nixxy

Nixxy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • RBG: 2576

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:35 AM

Hey, why the hate? I'm just finishing up wrathful offset for my reasonably geared shadowpriest myself and absolutely agree that DP needs some sort of additional protection, or at least a bigger mana return if it's dispelled.

It's just funny that DP requires an immunity against cleansing totem, but Unholy Blight is going to be OP :P.

Since it's a single-target debuff, I don't see why they couldn't reduce the mana cost drastically if they don't want to give it additional protection. Or just make it magic. *shrug*

didn't realise dk's go oom trying to keep diseases up sorry, and theres no mana return on DP getting dispelled just fyi.

Maybe they could look into removing the DP self healing in exchange for lowering the mana cost drastically (assuming its the healing portion that puts such a high budget on mana).

But ye, pretty much gave up on using DP against shamans teams cept for the instant dmg portion
Please support my art at:
http://taken-usernam...rt.com/gallery/

#52 Nixxy

Nixxy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:41 AM

Honestly don't see why they shouldn't just make it a magic effect. Much simpler to balance caster DoTs if they're all only cleansable with magic dispel. Periodic dispel for something like corruption or curses would be retarded, so I don't quite understand why devouring plague should be a disease.

bliz likes their lore, so devouring PLAGUE wont become a magic effect, nor would i want it too (fu mage armor) - think bliz like the fact that only dispell cant remove all dots, hence lock curses. Just that theres no curse-cleansing totem.

If you were gonna make devouring plague magic, VT would need a REAL backlash, not some shit tickle shield backlash. But ye, as Kraum said - spriest dmg is too good within lust duration for blizzard to actually care about how weak the class is without it.

#53 unifin

unifin
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Cenarion Circle
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/1/2/0

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:29 AM

didn't realise dk's go oom trying to keep diseases up sorry, and theres no mana return on DP getting dispelled just fyi.

Maybe they could look into removing the DP self healing in exchange for lowering the mana cost drastically (assuming its the healing portion that puts such a high budget on mana).

But ye, pretty much gave up on using DP against shamans teams cept for the instant dmg portion

Certainly we don't worry about going OOM, but losing runes/strike damage/death coil damage because ebon plague (no dispel resistance) is constantly cleansed is similarly aggravating.

Both classes have problems with fire-and-forget disease dispels - I was merely pointing out Lolflay's heated assertions on both sides of the issue.

Honestly don't see why they haven't nerfed 'lust in Arena yet, given that its presence prevents a whole host of necessary class changes from being made.

#54 Clamps

Clamps
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Icecrown
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:57 AM

WHAT ? Did you even READ my original post ?

NO TOUCHING OF SHAMAN CLASS WHATSOEVER - merely altering devouring plague to IGNORE cleansing totem

the spell ITSELF, not the totem or your class

ROFL the ignorance of people here

Ya lets also change sheep into a physical effect. NO TOUCHING OF PRIEST CLASS WHATSOEVER - merely altering sheep to ignore dispel.

the spell ITSELF, not dispel or your class.

ROFL the ignorance of people here

You will not get Gladiator, if you do I promise to never post on any WoW related forums ever again.

#55 Belligerent

Belligerent
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:10 AM

spriest damage sucks. thats why a ton of priests didn't respec shadow after last patch and get higher ratings than they have ever had.

#56 Nixxy

Nixxy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:16 AM

spriest damage sucks. thats why a ton of priests didn't respec shadow after last patch and get higher ratings than they have ever had.

you mean just like what happened in s3 when most shadowpriests went from shadow to disc and magically got much higher rating than before.

what kind of pointless post is this, it has no relevence at all. Class spec popularity changes depending on nerfs/buffs, thx for pointing that out captain obvious.

#57 Revelstoke

Revelstoke

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:42 PM

:paladin::rolleyes:
Posted Image

#58 jrhowson

jrhowson
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aggramar
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:22 PM

Eh lets not pretend Dks have anything like shadow Priest burst, i have seen a good shadow Priest in lust (rps) able to solo down pretty much any healer. We don't have mana but we lose runes and the ability too SStrike due to it basically losing damage just like you overall. Dp actually hits for a decent amount too on my shitty geared sp its 2.5k or so more then a Scourge strike crit with 2 diseases up on plate right now :rolleyes:

I would be glad with any nerf to cleansing totem it's pretty retarded, im just happy someone else realises because it has practically made dks extinct in 5s for 2 seasons now.

#59 dubroya

dubroya
  • Déw
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:49 PM

Eh lets not pretend Dks have anything like shadow Priest burst, i have seen a good shadow Priest in lust (rps) able to solo down pretty much any healer. We don't have mana but we lose runes and the ability too SStrike due to it basically losing damage just like you overall. Dp actually hits for a decent amount too on my shitty geared sp its 2.5k or so more then a Scourge strike crit with 2 diseases up on plate right now :rolleyes:

I would be glad with any nerf to cleansing totem it's pretty retarded, im just happy someone else realises because it has practically made dks extinct in 5s for 2 seasons now.

a rogue and a sp without bloodlust can kill a warrior with 850 resillience in 4 seconds.

I'm NOT exaggerating.

#60 Revelstoke

Revelstoke

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:31 PM

maybe the warrior should wear more resil
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<