#21 Jugg

Jugg
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:07 PM

I stand corrected, his numbers, as awkward as they read, are correct. Multiplicative scaling doesn't work in the manner he presented, but it is accurate according to blizz's calculation of casting speed. I hadn't read through the entire post until recently and then ran my own numbers, everything checked out.

#22 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:10 PM

Yeah I think he's right :D

I may have reacted too soon! He did put it in a weird way though. Fucking guy!

#23 Myowndk

Myowndk
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Quel'Thalas
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:20 PM

Hum, sorry to have caused confusion, but that's just the way that makes sense to me :o

Having 20% haste, and it scaling multiplicatively with another 20% haste effect, means you get an extra 20% haste of that second 20% haste effect, thus totaling 44%(20+20+0,2*20%)

#24 Myowndk

Myowndk
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Quel'Thalas
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:01 PM

Awesome, I see it got stickied, great.

Going to bed now anyway, I think I'll post more tomorrow.

#25 yoyot

yoyot
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Jaedenar
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:07 PM

Yeah guess you're right, sorry for being harsh.

#26 Domesauce

Domesauce
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2098

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:51 PM

So global cap with eradication is 1.2*x=1.5, x = 1.25 aka 25% haste, aka 820 haste

Global cap with bloodlust would then be 1.3*x=1.5, x=1.15 aka 15% haste, aka 491 haste? iirc 1.5 casts with 20% (630 or something) + lust were 1.0 according to quartz but it probably rounds.

So with a shaman it is probably ideal to stack SP wherever you can as haste offsets alone are over that amt.

Looking forward to haste vs SP comparison, I at least would like it to be calculated assuming drain life filler or something because sbolt spam rarely happens and I'd think that would favor haste a lot. Something like 1 SP = x amount of haste at 3500, 3600, 3700, 3800 SP would be amazing. Much <3 for everything so far

#27 Myowndk

Myowndk
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Quel'Thalas
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 12 March 2010 - 07:34 AM

So global cap with eradication is 1.2*x=1.5, x = 1.25 aka 25% haste, aka 820 haste

Global cap with bloodlust would then be 1.3*x=1.5, x=1.15 aka 15% haste, aka 491 haste? iirc 1.5 casts with 20% (630 or something) + lust were 1.0 according to quartz but it probably rounds.

So with a shaman it is probably ideal to stack SP wherever you can as haste offsets alone are over that amt.

Looking forward to haste vs SP comparison, I at least would like it to be calculated assuming drain life filler or something because sbolt spam rarely happens and I'd think that would favor haste a lot. Something like 1 SP = x amount of haste at 3500, 3600, 3700, 3800 SP would be amazing. Much <3 for everything so far

To exactly cap your global during BL at 1.0 you'd need 15,38% haste, or ~504 rating.

I am trying to make an comparison atm of Corruption, Drain Life, Shadow Bolt and Drain Soul's dmg done and dps with different amounts of haste and spell power.

#28 Myowndk

Myowndk
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Quel'Thalas
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:35 PM

Added a whole bunch on Spell power vs Haste.

#29 Lauviah

Lauviah
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/1/0/0/1/2

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:41 PM

Good post.

#30 Phryze

Phryze
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Jubei'Thos
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:59 AM

Great work! I play MLS as destro and I'll like your opinion Myownlock if haste or crit works better.

Haste lets you get off faster casts but if of course a CB combo with crits is devastating.

Any input on what factors I should base my decision?

#31 Myowndk

Myowndk
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Quel'Thalas
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:24 AM

Great work! I play MLS as destro and I'll like your opinion Myownlock if haste or crit works better.

Haste lets you get off faster casts but if of course a CB combo with crits is devastating.

Any input on what factors I should base my decision?

Well the thing is, crit can cause random kills, while with haste you're always pretty much sure off how much damage you are going to do.

Basically this means, with crit your kills might come from Chaos Bolt / Conflag combo's, but with haste they'll probably come from turreting Incinerates.

Personally I feel like Haste would work better here, as it's not subject to resilience(after all, how effective is your Chaos Bolt / Conflag combo on someone with 1414 resilience and 33% crit reduction?)

#32 Clustercluck

Clustercluck
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Stormscale
  • Cyclone

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:41 PM

Haste is better for every warlock spec, in every comp. Playing without haste makes it IMPOSSIBLE to get casts off.

#33 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:07 AM

Are you sure the gcd cap is 1 sec?

Posted Image

It's kinda hard to notice 0.1 sec between casts, but it's definitely possible to push spells below 1 sec.
<Memorable quote>

#34 Substantial

Substantial
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:12 AM

Are you sure the gcd cap is 1 sec?

Posted Image

It's kinda hard to notice 0.1 sec between casts, but it's definitely possible to push spells below 1 sec.

Cast times can go below 1 but the global restriction will keep you waiting for a full 1 second after the initial cast.

#35 Bloody_qq

Bloody_qq
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ravenholdt
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:22 AM

I dont know if you are good or bad but you deserve gladiator for this thread !

#36 Myowndk

Myowndk
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Quel'Thalas
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:18 AM

The global cooldown is 1 second, but certain effects and talents can reduce it for some spells. For example, the 4pc PvP set bonus on Fear, which reduces the fear cast by 0.2 seconds, also reduces the global cd, so it can go as low as 0.8 seconds if I recall right.

I think the same think goes for Backdraft as well, but I´m not sure on that one.

#37 Sordaz

Sordaz
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:28 PM

nice +rep

#38 Filovirus

Filovirus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2795

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:47 AM

Running with about 3700 sp / 850 haste (thanks DFO) currently. Considering regemming some of my haste/sp gems to pure sp and dropping down to like 800 haste. We'll see how it's looking once I get the rest of my wrathful mainset pieces.

#39 Byram

Byram
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Perenolde
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:54 AM

Awesome thread, I thought haste scaled badly rather than to a greater effect between gear & buffs (the way it was suggested after the first post, where you'd multiply the scale of cast time, rather than casting speed).

+rep

#40 Shinaniganz

Shinaniganz
  • Junkies

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:59 PM

Does anyone know if CoT actually slows down the tick times of a glyphed corruption?

CoT tooltip reads: "Forces the target to speak in Demonic. Increases the casting time of all spells by 30%."

I'm sort of doubtful that CoT has any effect on corruption tick times. I'll test it as soon as I can get another warlock outside of IF.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<