#1 Amorack

Amorack
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Dethecus
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:57 AM

I did an extensive amount of arenas the last several days between 2250-2300 in 2s and 3s and up to 2200 today in 5s.

In 2s with a healer it's impossible to dps through druid and resto shaman heals because purging is useless and they don't rely on shields at all. Paladin teams are only possible if they are forced OOM.

Today I found out that enh/priest/mage is useless against a lot of comps, notably all resto druid comps, because enhance damage (as well as survivability without wolves) is too pathetic and there is no substantial MS to back it up.

In mage/enhance 2s I have also noticed that warriors with a healer are near impossible to kill if they merely play defensively because there is too much raw survivability and cooldowns to get through.

It seems the only semi-viable comps that Enhance can run are the cheese comps of Beastcleave, Enh/War/Hpal, and rogue/enh/druid. Maybe disc/ret/enh like Tuvahl says he ran, but I doubt that would be viable at all this season now that everything lives longer. The only team that I've seen successful with Beastcleave, though, is Flexxi's. But I don't really want to run these cheese comps because they're cheese and rely on two of the most OP classes, hunters and warriors (maybe THE two most OP besides or including locks and rdruids). Plus there's no real strategy or coordination to them. It's just, "ZERG DOWN THE SQUISHIEST TARGET." I would like to try druid/enh/rogue but there are no good ones or they're taken on my server.

It's irritating as hell playing enhance now that I know it's so friggin gimp. We have as much survivability as a rogue, have about the same utility (probably more for 5s not including MS), yet less damage and no MS.

Now in the same breath I'd say that DKs and maybe ret needs an MS as well, because I've seen how impossible it is for Dks to kill healers in 2s too.

I submit to you that Enhance needs a 25% to 30% MS on Stormstrike. What do all yea gladiators at the exalted AJ forums think?

Edit March 19th: Changed a little in the post to clarify. We're 2400 since last week in mage/priest/enh, but still face the impossibility of somewhat good druid teams, and now also hunter teams because they kite enhance like nothing and passively nullify a ton of our little damage with dodge/parry.

#2 Tankz

Tankz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms
  • Locationin ur bed

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:01 AM

For reals. It's impossible to solo through druid and resto shaman heals because purging is useless and they don't rely on shields at all. Paladin teams are only possible if they are forced OOM. I did an extensive amount of arenas the last several days between 2250-2300 in 2s and 3s and up to 2200 today in 5s.

Today I found out that enh/priest/mage is useless against a lot of comps, notably all resto druid comps, because enhance damage (as well as survivability without wolves) is too pathetic and there is no substantial MS to back it up.

In mage/enhance 2s I have also noticed that warriors are impossible to kill with a pally/rdruid/rshaman because there is too much raw survivability and cooldowns to get through.

It seems the only semi-viable comps that Enhance can run are the cheese comps of Beastcleave and Enh/War/Hpal. Maybe disc/ret/enh like Tuvahl says he ran, but I doubt that would be viable at all this season now that everything lives longer. The only team that I've seen successful with Beastcleave, though, is Flexxi's. But I don't really want to run these cheese comps because they're cheese and rely on two of the most OP classes, hunters and warriors (maybe THE two most OP besides or including locks and rdruids). Plus there's no real strategy or coordination to them. It's just, "ZERG DOWN THE SQUISHIEST TARGET."

It's irritating as hell playing enhance now that I know it's so friggin gimp. We have as much survivability as a rogue, have about the same utility (probably more for 5s not including MS), yet less damage and no MS.

Now in the same breath I'd say that DKs and maybe ret needs an MS as well, because I've seen how impossible it is for Dks to kill healers by themselves too.

I submit to you that Enhance needs a 25% to 30% MS on Stormstrike. What do all yea gladiators at the exalted AJ forums think?

you can get MS when i get a spamable CC

#3 Bumeyes

Bumeyes
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:01 AM

I think buffing what is by your own admission a zerg spec is ridiculous, and instead they need to fix the other problems inherent in the tree, and the dispel system.

#4 cameronlol

cameronlol
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:07 AM

blizzard has already stated that MS is a problem in arena, so i would expect changes for cata along the lines of 30% for melee and 20% for casters.

currently, as enhance you really only have 2-3 viable comps. however i cant see them changing anything this season (mainly because giving 50% MS to enhance could be really OP).
Posted Image

#5 Meeper

Meeper
  • Snerp
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:13 AM

angry priest trolls out in force tonight

#6 cameronlol

cameronlol
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:16 AM

enhancement shamans dont need an MS, enhancement shouldnt even be a spec, if you dont like it, dont play the retarded spec

play resto or ele gg problem solved

it would be nice if all specs were viable, however i admit that many need to be completely rebalanced.

this is most notable in regards to prot trees, where blizzard needs to adjust their survivability to somehow match that of pure dps trees.

as many shaman have said, enhance needs to be less reliant on wolves (which would reduce their burst damage)
Posted Image

#7 Schmeiser

Schmeiser
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:17 AM

No
[16:09] maajty: wlp was the strongest setup
[16:09] maajty: after lsd

RPS 2.2k hero talking about s8

#8 Carrado

Carrado
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:33 AM

Enha is a PvE spec. Atm I cannot even think playing that crap in PvP.

#9 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:49 AM

That would be the most OP shit ever.

#10 Drye

Drye
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2176

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:04 AM

just no
Posted Image

#11 Ispen

Ispen
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:07 AM

Well noone cares about 2s so
And in 3s just pair up with warrior/hunter.

#12 Ellonija

Ellonija
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2608
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:09 AM

you guys get an MS when crusader strike gets a UA type effect on it :D
Sound the charge into glory ride
Over the top of the vanquished pride

By moonlight we ride
Ten thousand side by side

#13 Varnius

Varnius
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2379

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:10 AM

lol

#14 aidlest

aidlest
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Свежеватель Душ
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 2363

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:25 AM

25-30% MS actually makes sense. It would do nothing but bring new comps for enhance, I see nothing bad about it. In 2v2 enhance got no really good comps; In 3v3 the only viable enhance comps are beastcleave and pal/war/enh, both of them already got an MS, same about 5v5.

Though Blizz wont implement that, they've already planned huge MS changes in Cata and they just dont care about the current system anymore :P

#15 cyrfer

cyrfer
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 576

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:28 AM

you can get MS when i get a spamable CC

exactly this

#16 Totempoke

Totempoke
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:34 AM

2v2-broken bracket. Nothing good comes from 2's anymore, so why does it matter?

Enhancement shamans do not need MS. Enhancement shamans are a support spec, as a matter of fact shamans in general are a support class. You buff other people around you, you do not need MS. In 3s or 5s (brackets that blizzard deemed balanced) play with a class that has an MS. Such as a rogue,hunter, or warrior.

In short, no enhancement shamans do not need an MS.

#17 nawty

nawty
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/0/0/1/2
  • RBG: 768

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:53 AM

That would be the most OP shit ever.

what?.. in what way?

however no, more MS to the game is no thanks. I play DK and I wouldn't want to have MS, I´m fine playing with a hunter (altho it totally SUCKS in 2v2 but 2v2 is 2v2.)

#18 Aggronaut

Aggronaut
  • Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Protection
  • LocationPA

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:58 AM

For reals. It's impossible to solo

Good thing arena isn't 1v1.

#19 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:05 PM

what?.. in what way?

Ye my bad, your right it would be totally fair

#20 Braindeadly

Braindeadly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:07 PM

For reals. It's impossible to solo through druid and resto shaman heals because purging is useless and they don't rely on shields at all. Paladin teams are only possible if they are forced OOM. I did an extensive amount of arenas the last several days between 2250-2300 in 2s and 3s and up to 2200 today in 5s.

In mage/enhance 2s I have also noticed that warriors are impossible to kill with a pally/rdruid/rshaman because there is too much raw survivability and cooldowns to get through.

It seems the only semi-viable comps that Enhance can run are the cheese comps of Beastcleave and Enh/War/Hpal. Maybe disc/ret/enh like Tuvahl says he ran, but I doubt that would be viable at all this season now that everything lives longer. The only team that I've seen successful with Beastcleave, though, is Flexxi's. But I don't really want to run these cheese comps because they're cheese and rely on two of the most OP classes, hunters and warriors (maybe THE two most OP besides or including locks and rdruids). Plus there's no real strategy or coordination to them. It's just, "ZERG DOWN THE SQUISHIEST TARGET."

Now in the same breath I'd say that DKs and maybe ret needs an MS as well, because I've seen how impossible it is for Dks to kill healers by themselves too.

Pretty stupid that you say you play with a mage and priest and want a 20-30% MS when mages offer a 20 or 30% MS (not sure how high)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<