• Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/1/2/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 2430
  • 3v3: 2602
  • RBG: 1693

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:39 PM

ret is only good if you play with a hunter (and even better then if you play with a shaman). otherwise you're just bending over and asking for it.

SUP

:paladin::hunter::druid: PROT is superior

:paladin::warrior::druid: PROT is superior

:paladin::warlock::druid: PROT is superior

:paladin::hunter::shaman: RET is superior (this is also the current strongest comp for a dps paladin - pwn some wizcleaves yo)

i was wondering what are you guys' reasoning behind ret being better than prot when playing with a hunter and shaman? Everyone on my team agrees prot would definitely be better, but we prefer to play ret anyways because prot paladins should be shot

#42 Sym

Sym
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:41 PM

they need a ret paladin to keep them out of stuns and give them freedoms, and they can just do whatever they want. with bloodlust and a shaman purging, coupled with rets damage, you're just going to pressure teams to the point where they go defensive (and can't kill your ret), or die (and can't kill your ret).

#43 Lynxo

Lynxo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:09 PM

i was wondering what are you guys' reasoning behind ret being better than prot when playing with a hunter and shaman? Everyone on my team agrees prot would definitely be better, but we prefer to play ret anyways because prot paladins should be shot

Ret is better for this comp because of wiz cleave and pmr teams. Or at least I found this to be the case for me.

Wiz cleaves because rets can heal themselves back to full at any time with no ms and some los, and because their ranged damage makes positioning easier. With the resil buff, 1200 resil rets can take spell damage like prots.

PMR because they usualy like to tunnel your shammy. Leave a ret and alone and watch what happens with heroism/wings. Break stuns with freedom, win.

And to Naddybumpo, as usual you are banned for trolling. But I'd like to correct you. I did get glad in s5 as ret, with a shaman in 2s. ;)

#44 Robdabest

Robdabest
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Exodar
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:18 PM

And to Naddybumpo, as usual you are banned for trolling. But I'd like to correct you. I did get glad in s5 as ret, with a shaman in 2s. ;)

hey hey hey play nice hes actually never been banned before. Being one of the only rets still playing ret is a stressful job.

#45 Lynxo

Lynxo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:27 PM

hey hey hey play nice hes actually never been banned before. Being one of the only rets still playing ret is a stressful job.

There are many rets that still play and lead BGs in rankings. More than prots.

#46 Justaboy

Justaboy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bloodscalp
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:46 PM

ret <3

#47 Kurum

Kurum
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:53 PM

Ret is better for this comp because of wiz cleave and pmr teams. Or at least I found this to be the case for me.

Wiz cleaves because rets can heal themselves back to full at any time with no ms and some los, and because their ranged damage makes positioning easier. With the resil buff, 1200 resil rets can take spell damage like prots.

PMR because they usualy like to tunnel your shammy. Leave a ret and alone and watch what happens with heroism/wings. Break stuns with freedom, win.

Maybe the wizard cleave comment i can agree with you, although im pretty sure the instant flash of lights arent going to make or break a match especially when prot has all the -dmg reduction talents anyway.

PMR definitely prot is better because it no longer makes the paladin a viable target so he gets to do whatever he wants without having to worry about playing around the fact that he could get swapped to at anytime. And i dont want to hear that "Well we arent immortal!" because if you ever die as prot paladin to rmp you are doing it very very wrong, and didnt use your cooldowns correctly.

if you want to succeed with the least amount of effort put out at all, go prot, tunnel something until it dies(because eventually it will die) be a gladiator, woohoo all that shit. Ret is still viable but requires alot more coordination in using the cooldowns of your whole team and your ret pally knowing how to kite and a massive amount of swaps to get kills agaisnt top teams. So save yourself a headache and go prot.

OR SUPPORT THE MOVEMENT AND PLAY RET BECAUSE PROT PALADINS IN ARENA SHOULD BE SHOT

thats all

#48 Ayvix

Ayvix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Dalvengyr
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:52 AM

ur alrdy shooting us ur a hyunter

#49 Kurum

Kurum
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:35 AM

ur alrdy shooting us ur a hyunter

dont

#50 Avengerz

Avengerz
  • Junkies

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:38 AM

dont

yes

#51 Sym

Sym
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:52 AM

i should change my signature to say "REMOVE HUNTERS FROM ARENA" so i can also be obnoxious. mine would probably be more relevant too.

#52 Lynxo

Lynxo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:59 AM

Maybe the wizard cleave comment i can agree with you, although im pretty sure the instant flash of lights arent going to make or break a match especially when prot has all the -dmg reduction talents anyway.

PMR definitely prot is better because it no longer makes the paladin a viable target so he gets to do whatever he wants without having to worry about playing around the fact that he could get swapped to at anytime. And i dont want to hear that "Well we arent immortal!" because if you ever die as prot paladin to rmp you are doing it very very wrong, and didnt use your cooldowns correctly.

if you want to succeed with the least amount of effort put out at all, go prot, tunnel something until it dies(because eventually it will die) be a gladiator, woohoo all that shit. Ret is still viable but requires alot more coordination in using the cooldowns of your whole team and your ret pally knowing how to kite and a massive amount of swaps to get kills agaisnt top teams. So save yourself a headache and go prot.

OR SUPPORT THE MOVEMENT AND PLAY RET BECAUSE PROT PALADINS IN ARENA SHOULD BE SHOT

thats all

You sir, need facts.

Prots and magic damage Prots get 18% reduction to magic damage, 9% after they are purged. I run with 700 resil, most prots use less, which gives 15% dmg reduction. That's 24% damage reduction vs any purge team (all wiz cleaves and pmrs). A fully resil geared ret pal will have more. Prot pals will usualy have about 3k more health. There's your difference.

Insant FoL's 3k, crits for 4.5k, adds a hot. This, in fact, does make or break a match.

Bubble Prots only defensive CD for themselves, just like ret. Prots are killable, any good wiz cleave will tell you this. CC the prot, when that falls off, switch to him.

Just because a prot pal 4-0'd your 2's team and beat ur 3s team doesn't meen prot rules the world. Dodge me next time.

#53 Kurum

Kurum
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:22 AM

You sir, need facts.

Prots and magic damage Prots get 18% reduction to magic damage, 9% after they are purged. I run with 700 resil, most prots use less, which gives 15% dmg reduction. That's 24% damage reduction vs any purge team (all wiz cleaves and pmrs). A fully resil geared ret pal will have more. Prot pals will usualy have about 3k more health. There's your difference.

Insant FoL's 3k, crits for 4.5k, adds a hot. This, in fact, does make or break a match.

Bubble Prots only defensive CD for themselves, just like ret. Prots are killable, any good wiz cleave will tell you this. CC the prot, when that falls off, switch to him.

Just because a prot pal 4-0'd your 2's team and beat ur 3s team doesn't meen prot rules the world. Dodge me next time.

you cant base your survivability off the low resilience you personally choose to run with, thats your fault in itself. and whereas you have 9% after being purged, rets have none so i dont really see how your trying to use that as a point.

Prots obviously cant mitigate as much damage vs casters as they can melee/hunters, but i wouldnt venture as far as to say there survivability vs a caster cleave in a 3v3 match is worse than that of a rets, especially with a ranged silence (that can crit for 6-7k as well) and a 30 second interrupt/stun, compared to a 1 minute interrupt/stun for a ret.

#54 Val01

Val01
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:31 AM

Nah dont worry... just love his way of thinking ^^

RET FOR LYFE

I concur, basically in my opinion anyone who goes prot for arena is terribad.

#55 Kurum

Kurum
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:35 AM

i like you

#56 kolsyrad

kolsyrad
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:38 AM

I wouldn't say that they are "terribad" just cause they play the spec. That's a bad statement and can in many cases be invalid.

No, I'm not saying that because I play prot, cause I don't.

I play Retribution being fully aware of the fact that Prot is a lot stronger although I just find it too boring to play, as Retribution I feel like I can do more things to support my team efficiently.

As prot I probably give my team more though, simply because of the fact that my damage will be insane enough to sit on one target the whole game :D.

Nevertheless, in my opinion, whatever combo you play prot > ret.

Does not mean ret sucks in any way though, and I enjoy playing it ;)

#57 Val01

Val01
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:51 AM

I wouldn't say that they are "terribad" just cause they play the spec. That's a bad statement and can in many cases be invalid.

No, I'm not saying that because I play prot, cause I don't.

I play Retribution being fully aware of the fact that Prot is a lot stronger although I just find it too boring to play, as Retribution I feel like I can do more things to support my team efficiently.

As prot I probably give my team more though, simply because of the fact that my damage will be insane enough to sit on one target the whole game :D.

Nevertheless, in my opinion, whatever combo you play prot > ret.

Does not mean ret sucks in any way though, and I enjoy playing it ;)

No, the only thing you give them as prot is a dumbed down brain and a bigger ego. When people think they are good at a game because they can turn and burst something down in 2 seconds it really makes me sad.

When you beat a team as prot, all you did was pop wings and global something. When you beat a team as Ret its because you outplayed the other team with better dispells, clutch freedoms, well timed repents, and good use of Art of war procs and Sacred Shield switches.

My statement still stands, if you play prot it's because you are bad, needed a easier spec, were too lazy to reroll another class, and couldn't handle Rets awesomeness.

#58 Sym

Sym
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:54 AM

No, the only thing you give them as prot is a dumbed down brain and a bigger ego. When people think they are good at a game because they can turn and burst something down in 2 seconds it really makes me sad.

When you beat a team as prot, all you did was pop wings and global something. When you beat a team as Ret its because you outplayed the other team with better dispells, clutch freedoms, well timed repents, and good use of Art of war procs and Sacred Shield switches.

My statement still stands, if you play prot it's because you are bad, needed a easier spec, were too lazy to reroll another class, and couldn't handle Rets awesomeness.

what is this i don't even

#59 Kurum

Kurum
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:59 AM

what is this i don't even

the truf

#60 kolsyrad

kolsyrad
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:01 AM

While I see what you mean, you can't blame a good player for choosing the best spec available. That's just not logical nor does it possibly apply in every case. I agree that it's easier but I also believe it's stronger than Retribution.

I'm not trying to defend either side, I myself play Retribution and find it more enjoying etc, however, Prot is stronger and just because X player chooses that spec it doesn't instantly make them terrible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<