• US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1323
  • 3v3: 1756
  • RBG: 1528

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:36 PM

Watch this video:

Couple things you should notice right off the bat, there are 3 things on the druids bars, 2 of them being trinket and starfall.

Next, he only casts starfall in the video, while inspecting the fully Relentless geared ret paladin wailing on him in the 7 second duration standing completely still.

The Druid wins.

About 27,000 single target damage, this gets divided up amongst 3 people within 21 yards in 3v3.  

So if you are separated from your team and Moonkin casts Starfall on you, be prepared to take 27k damage in 7 seconds while both his teammates are on you unloading.

If you have all your teammates within this 21 yard radius, everyone takes 9k damage over 7 seconds (Only thing that interrupts it is, discorients, incapacitates and stuns), so let's just say hypothetically, that when this said owlkin pops it, say his teammates are a Warlock or Spriest, with a few dots rolling and are putting out DPS with heroism (Because hey you can't always control every cast that both enemy players are casting while lusted) I predict that your team will lose every time.

Starfall is a fire and forget ability, which means you cast it, then you can cyclone, DPS, etc. while your teammate does the same.

9k damage in 7 seconds to 3 players while casting lusted, with an elemental shaman on your team and bop on yourself during the duration.  (Or 18k damage to two players if the pro healer is max range like he should be)

Someone wanna do the math here?
Posted Image

#2 Megatf

Megatf
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:40 PM

This 27k damage number I'm pulling out of my ass, I'm going to assume the owl is buffed with an elemental shaman on his team, CD's popped, and the best possible gear via full Wrathful.

The numbers will be noticeably less at first on live as most druids are not boomkin, but when this change goes through it's going to be the lulz.
Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Malfurion
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:43 PM

Imagine a thing, which can fuck up an entire team if it stands to near to each other. Hell, a priest could be killed even if he uses Pain Sup!

oh wait, nvm Bladestorm!

Whining about abilites before they are introduced is pro. HoJ on Moonkin - no dmg for 5 secs. (just as an example)
And hell, even if moonkins are a bit overpowered after the buff, they deserve it probably more than any other class. Plus not many druids have moonkin gear.
Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.

#4 Megatf

Megatf
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:44 PM

Shaileen said:

Imagine a thing, which can fuck up an entire team if it stands to near to each other. Hell, a priest could be killed even if he uses Pain Sup!

oh wait, nvm Bladestorm!

Whining about abilites before they are introduced is pro. HoJ on Moonkin - no dmg for 5 secs.

Too bad every class comes with this thing called trinket, and it can be hard to HOJ a BOP'd moonkin.
Posted Image

#5 Holyraze

Holyraze
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:44 PM

Good thing all u need to do is silence,stun,disorient,horrify,cc them and starfall does nothing;)

Yes the damage is pretty absurd but very easily countered, bringing in moonkins horrid survivability, and treants also being easily counterd via cc, moonkins are nothing to complain about.

Hunters on the other hand... =p

#6 JaK91

JaK91
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction 2/2/2/2/2/.

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:46 PM

inc ua/boomkin/sham fotm

maybe a spriest

#7 Megatf

Megatf
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:48 PM

Holyraze said:

Good thing all u need to do is silence,stun,disorient,horrify,cc them and starfall does nothing;)

Yes the damage is pretty absurd but very easily countered, bringing in moonkins horrid survivability, and treants also being easily counterd via cc, moonkins are nothing to complain about.

Hunters on the other hand... =p

It's already been said in the following thread

http://forums.worldo...4971275&sid=1#0

That horror does not stop it.
Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Malfurion
  • Blutdurst

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:49 PM

Too bad every class comes with this thing called trinket, and it can be hard to HOJ a BOP'd moonkin.
You are obviously right, because there are no other ccs, stuns or silences in the entire game, and trinket has no cd. Oh, and HoJ is a physical attack, so it does not go through BoP, which helps only against physical attacks... oh wait!

#9 Megatf

Megatf
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:49 PM

Oh and Shamans, and Mages will have a hard time CCing a druid.
Posted Image

#10 Aggronaut

Aggronaut
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Assassination
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationPA

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:51 PM

"Going in for the HoJ guys. Nvm typhooned."

#11 Megatf

Megatf
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:52 PM

Shaileen said:

You are obviously right, because there are no other ccs, stuns or silences in the entire game, and trinket has no cd. Oh, and HoJ is a physical attack, so it does not go through BoP, which helps only against physical attacks... oh wait!

And the owlkin has no teammates, no protection, no dispels.  I was referring to BOP preventing stuns, disorients, and gouges.  We'll see what you fucking think when your team who can't sheep an owlkin, who can't stun him cus he's bopped, while he annihilates your entire team in a few seconds because of your retard mentality.
Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Malfurion
  • Blutdurst

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:53 PM

Oh and Shamans, and Mages will have a hard time CCing a druid.
You mean its a bad thing that not every class can counter a moonkin, which has been so lang on top of every comp and a nearly essentail component of every 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 comp?

And the owlkin has no teammates, no protection, no dispels. I was referring to BOP preventing stuns, disorients, and gouges. We'll see what you fucking think when your team who can't sheep an owlkin, who can't stun him cus he's bopped, while he annihilates your entire team in a few seconds because of your retard mentality.
Yeah, and you have no heals, no escape techniques, no nothing. Your whining about changes which will hopefully buff a class, which I have seen last time on 2.1k in s6 in a wizard cleave team - and that is retarded, my dear us friend.

(btw. I played Rogue/Moonkin in s6/7, we where #3 with this comp worldwide on 2.2k)

#13 Megatf

Megatf
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:55 PM

Aggronaut said:

"Going in for the HoJ guys. Nvm typhooned."

Healer trying to heal team through through Starfall, nm typhooned/cycloned/feared/stunned/etc.
Posted Image

#14 Holyraze

Holyraze
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:56 PM

my point still stands. boomkins have no defensive cooldowns besides cc, barkskin has NO protection at all as balance and is easily dispelled.

Tho yes i can see warrior/boomkin/hpally being pretty redic with a bop auramastery starfall bladestorm combo. But then again this is wotlk so i dont see why ur complaining, u should be used to damage this intense anyway

This damage will be no diffrent then any beastcleave,PhD,tsg or any other pally rushdown comps, cept the boomkin is easier to kill then any class in any of those comps

#15 TylerRoll

TylerRoll
  • Junkies

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:57 PM

Having bladestorm in mind, I dont see the problem with this.

#16 Adversa

Adversa
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 1737
  • 3v3: 2315
  • 5v5: 2652
  • RBG: 768

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:00 PM

these changes will increase boomkin representation in arena by 5-6% tops.

Posted Image

#17 Felic

Felic
  • Felic
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:01 PM

Shaileen said:

(btw. I played Rogue/Moonkin in s6/7, we where #3 with this comp worldwide on 2.2k)

<--- protpala/protpala #1 1350 rating worldwide.

This starfall will fuck paladins over bigtime aswell :D

2nd of all, I dont get how people can defend this? Even if it is a shitclass? People compare it to Bladestorm and justify it with "warriors have one, its fine". Well a warrior rarely hits more than 1 target with it and it doesnt have 21 yards of range + he cant play normal meanwhile lol.

Its like saying Hunters are fine aswell cause Warriors are in the game lol. c u Mages its balanced cause ppl say so

#18 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:03 PM

Improve said:

these changes will increase boomkin representation in arena by 5-6% tops.

That would be a significant increase in boomkin representation by buffs through the wrong means -- anything that's viable only because of absurd damage really isn't justifiable, no matter how poor the spec is atm.

#19 Retromen

Retromen
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Protection
  • RBG: 576

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:06 PM

whos to say it wont just get reverted? its just the ptr relax guys

#20 Holyraze

Holyraze
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:09 PM

Felic said:

2nd of all, I dont get how people can defend this?

Um people complain about bladestorm/shpriests/hunters cause their damage is UNAVOIDABLE, starfall is not, just dont be an idiot with ur cd's and the boomkin will never get a solid starfall off, but HEY lets just blow everything out of proportion and hate on the worst spec in the game b4 the patch even hits live

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<