• Curse Sites
Help

Does anyone find themselves being a lot more careless than in TBC ?

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:49 AM

In TBC I always cared about perfect starts, exact spell sequencing ( that into that, followed by that and that ), exact strats ( we had like a solid strat that we'd follow step by step and win ), when warriors popped spell reflect I always used mind soothe while it worked and rank 1 SWP afterwards, we always fucked up fel dominations ( my rogue would kick or I'd silence ) and dispel them, I always saved spells for those crucial situations and refused to use them earlier because I thought very far ahead during the match and pictured scenarios in my head what would happen if I used that a bit earlier, etc etc.

Now I find myself really careless and still winning games - we don't even care for a sap anymore, I constantly let warriors reflect stuff, I don't mind positioning all that much anymore ( I always stayed behind some kind of LoS for example versus rogue teams so when I saw rogue coming to me I SWD'd by reflex and got blind 60% of times ).

It was just something I was thinking about earlier, did WoTLK make me/us more careless and the game got a lot easier or that's just me ? I was happy to spam arena games before and right now and few months ago I'm just happy to not play at all.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#2 heidegger

heidegger
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Frostwolf
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:56 AM

cud u be more specific

#3 Entarion

Entarion
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:59 AM

Cool story bro

#4 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:02 AM

Nice trawls :)

However the question is - do you find doing coordinated/planned stuff a lot less mandatory nowadays and find zerging to be a lot more successful ?

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#5 Shuffy

Shuffy

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:02 AM

they're wotlk glads

#6 Tankz

Tankz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms
  • Locationin ur bed

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:03 AM

Lolflay said:

However the question is - do you find doing coordinated/planned stuff a lot less mandatory nowadays and find zerging to be a lot more successful ?

IF IT MOVES.

ZERG IT!

(golden rules of wotlk)

against some setup you have to do some cordinated stuff, against other setups you can bang your head on the keyboard n still win.

#7 ferz

ferz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/2/1/1

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:04 AM

Lolflay said:

of course, the game doesnt require the finesse it used to in order to pull a win

#8 Entarion

Entarion
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:04 AM

Shuffy said:

they're wotlk glads

Too early to flame, however, I dont think this has anything to do with this thread.

Back to you Lolflayz, I do care less about the game, however I still try to keep my focus whenever I do arenas and do my best, just for the sake of it. It's probably you getting tired of the game. And as mentioned above me, it does require way less coordination, I yet dont think this applies for every comp though.

#9 agallockz

agallockz
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:07 AM

I honestly found arena easier in TBC*. That said I did play a resto druid and an affliction lock

#10 brohan

brohan

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:13 AM

Arena nowadays is pretty hard, if I don't coordinate everything correctly my warrior might have to brostorm a 2nd time to kill someone

Draek said:

Frost is a ranged prot spec, cry more
Posted Image

#11 Tfgreenacre

Tfgreenacre
  • Junkies

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:15 AM

Shuffy said:

they're wotlk glads

Well, even some wizard cleaves i've played against in which the lock & shaman (for example) are multiple TBC glads, they still get their lava bursts / chaos bolts or w/e reflected like 20 times a game. Or if i'm stood right on top of them with my shield on waiting to interupt they don't bother to fake cast.

For me i feel i've gotten more lazy with reflecting, especially when bursting someone in 3's. It just feels like reflecting CC isn't all that good anymore compared to TBC, sure i'll still do it where i can and it's a good situation, but against certain setups i wonder why i bother, like RMP where if you reflect the sheep, the priest will dispell the mage instantly and you'll get another sheep immediatley after. Where intervening or reflecting CC was pretty groundbreaking in TBC, now it's like "I need to put out as much damage as possible". Sure it would be a different story if reflecting CC made the DR lower, but ofc that would be OP as hell :)

I just think it's more of a "Well i don't need to do that to win..." issue with most people. Ontop of the whole "Well its WotlK its broken i don't care about arena blah blah blah, but i still log on everyday".

#12 Arterian

Arterian
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:29 AM

in tbc you could get interrupted and still live

you could miss a swd on sheep and your partners would survive the duration of it

the game is much less forgiving now and at the highest level requires more skill than tbc

at the lower levels, probably not as much

#13 Bullcopter

Bullcopter
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:41 AM

didn't really play in bc but it sounds like nowadays the first person to make a crucial mistake loses, where in bc the team that made the most mistakes lost.

#14 Bunbee

Bunbee
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:05 AM

WotlK = Spray and Pray.

#15 Miirkat

Miirkat
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2406

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:07 AM

I tunnel and feel bad, but I get over it when I Ferocious Bite the Mage for 10k.

Posted Image

Posted Image
miirkat.deviantart.com
^^^^^^ please visit my deviantART page :3
Resto for friends. Feral for life. CAT DURID IS 4 FITE!

#16 agallockz

agallockz
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:08 AM

Arterian said:

in tbc you could get interrupted and still live

you could miss a swd on sheep and your partners would survive the duration of it

the game is much less forgiving now and at the highest level requires more skill than tbc

at the lower levels, probably not as much

Up to about 1900 You didnt have to fake cast against most warriors and rogues, and that was on bg9. Given that 1900 is about 2-2.1k now, I think its very funny to look back on.

#17 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:20 AM

I think there are certain things that you don't always have to be as exact on as you used to (spell reflects, breaking a CC a few seconds early on accident, etc) simply because there are more important things to pay attention to that will shift the game a lot more (doing as much damage as you can, preventing as much damage as you can, CCing, dispelling, interrupting) than countering a reflect with a weak spell.

However, positioning is still pretty damn important, and so are a few other things you mentioned. If you get caught in the wrong place at the wrong time, you'll die. Might not be immediate, but you'll have to use too many cooldowns and won't have them up when you need them.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#18 Megatf

Megatf
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:52 AM

Lolflay said:

Your doing it wrong.  The reason why I've had a lot of trouble getting on my feet since I've been back in WotLK is realizing that Arena is no longer scripted encounters.  

Picking a good target and zerging it is required, but having proper communication (Calling out CC's, Burst, Healz), having the synergy with your teammates to chain Silences/CC's on a Healer or DPS, having proper positioning, and being able to switch targets when your 'zerg' target becomes a bad focus due to his positioning separates good teams from bad teams when I play.

I finally have solid teammates, and good players who will talk on vent about what they did wrong, not nerd rage, and have the potential to be great players (Some kids might have the aforementioned traits but just genuinely suck at video games).
Posted Image

#19 Megatf

Megatf
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:53 AM

fant0m8 said:

I think there are certain things that you don't always have to be as exact on as you used to (spell reflects, breaking a CC a few seconds early on accident, etc) simply because there are more important things to pay attention to that will shift the game a lot more (doing as much damage as you can, preventing as much damage as you can, CCing, dispelling, interrupting) than countering a reflect with a weak spell.

However, positioning is still pretty damn important, and so are a few other things you mentioned. If you get caught in the wrong place at the wrong time, you'll die. Might not be immediate, but you'll have to use too many cooldowns and won't have them up when you need them.

Whoa...

That's what I fucking said.

Weird...
Posted Image

#20 kkambanite

kkambanite
  • Junkies

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:09 AM

brohan said:

Arena nowadays is pretty hard, if I don't coordinate everything correctly my warrior might have to brostorm a 2nd time to kill someone

hahaha
:mage: sheep the :deathknight: before u die and we win

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<