#1 Megatf

Megatf
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/0/2/0/1/0

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:13 AM

Currently me and my dwarf priest have trouble with only Warrior/Paladin teams, and Warrior/Druid teams.

We beat warrior/paladin a lot but if they are REALLY good, usually in the 2200+ ratings, we are stumped. I do ALL the tricks, marking the warrior, priest mind soothes him, and then I freeze trap so the paladin has to dispell 3 times to get his warrior free, but sometimes it doesn't seem like enough.

Warrior/Druid, man this is just a fucking hard combo, with Warlock/Druid me and my priest just split up, I DPS the warlock to force the druid to heal so my priest can fear bomb him and mana burn the druid a few times, but it doesn't work like this when the warrior is going for my priest, bleh, it's a hard combo.

Any pro tips?

I'll be releasing 2v2 video's of every matchup I can beat except the Warrior/Druid combo, still unable to beat that combo if they have half a brain and/or skillherald.
Posted Image

#2 Harmann

Harmann
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Azjol-Nerub
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:29 AM

Mind Soothe isn't a magic debuff. Don't waste time casting it.

You should really be using Frost Traps at all times against Warriors. Make sure your Priest has a macro set up to Dispel their focus target which will be their Warrior. Get BoF off immediately. You have no leeway on that.

BoF seems to really be the only way for a Warrior to get on me at all due to constantly LoSing Intercepts.

#3 Beretta

Beretta
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:18 AM

hmm without BOF yourself is there much point using frost trap? Id rather pull the warrior out of LOS of the pala (if the pala is LOSing you) which forces the pala to run across the whole arena to dispell the warrior.

Also the old schorpid pet + viper sting is good vs palas

#4 Hexagon

Hexagon
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/0/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 958

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:32 PM

druid + melee dps has always been a difficult fight for my 2v2. The best way to kill them is with freezing traps. Druids can't dispell them.

Hopefully you can lay a trap and get your cooldown up so you can drop a second one after he trinkets.

Problem is that even if you can get them to come to you in the first fight, I really doubt they'll come to you again the next fight.

My team won't be competing at the top of 2v2 or 3v3 until season 2 nears it's end, as my priest partner is specced differently for 5v5.

When we were working to hold our heads above 2300 rating last season, we would just stop playing after we fought our first druid/rogue or druid/warrior team, to avoid letting them destroy our rating.

I logged a level 1 on their server, and watched tv till they logged or stopped going in. :P That was pretty much the only combo that we couldn't beat.

#5 theradol

theradol
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Exodar
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:39 PM

me and my shadow priest can normally go about even with the best pally/war teams in our battlegroup, but It's been a couple months since we were playing seriously as a 2's team (we have been selling teams lately, me him a lock and a frost mage)

honestly i can't for the life of me remember our strategy against them right now. It didn't have much to do with me, it was more about timing on the fear.

heck, ill go home and think about it, and maybe have something helpful to post tomorrow.

#6 Hexagon

Hexagon
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:05 PM

me and my shadow priest can normally go about even with the best pally/war teams in our battlegroup, but It's been a couple months since we were playing seriously as a 2's team (we have been selling teams lately, me him a lock and a frost mage)

honestly i can't for the life of me remember our strategy against them right now. It didn't have much to do with me, it was more about timing on the fear.

heck, ill go home and think about it, and maybe have something helpful to post tomorrow.

Pally warrior is pretty simple, and it's usually over pretty fast. The warrior goes after my priest, I enrage and drop a frost trap on him, while the priest dots him up. Then I dps the crap out of him while my partner fears / silences / and dispells the pally bubble so he has no chance to heal.

Why isnt it so simple when it's a druid healer? I'll have to ask my partner, I don't know.

#7 Rhaegyn

Rhaegyn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:11 PM

Why are these warriors going for the priest? They should just go for the hunter, it ends up being a mana fight but the warrior/pally should win.

Nearly perfectly balanced per current class strenghts:
Hunters

#8 Faerun

Faerun
  • Members

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:12 PM

Because even if you silence a druid, he still has 3 HoTs ticking on your focus target and has an insta-heal right when silence fades.

Edit for stupidity

#9 theradol

theradol
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Exodar
  • Retaliation

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:00 PM

Because even if you silence a druid, he still has 3 HoTs ticking on your focus target and has an insta-heal right when silence fades.

Edit for stupidity

i havent fought very many druid warriors. Usually druid locks or druid rogues.

but, ive had alot of luck catching druids in freezing traps which gives me time to kill their partner.

otherwise...nerf druids...

#10 theradol

theradol
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Exodar
  • Retaliation

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:01 PM

Why are these warriors going for the priest? They should just go for the hunter, it ends up being a mana fight but the warrior/pally should win.

me and my spriest partner never end up in a mana fight.

#11 Hexagon

Hexagon
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:17 PM

My priest is shadow.

#12 Hexagon

Hexagon
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:47 PM

Edit for stupidity

i havent fought very many druid warriors. Usually druid locks or druid rogues.

but, ive had alot of luck catching druids in freezing traps which gives me time to kill their partner.

otherwise...nerf druids...

I have had NO luck catching druids in freezing traps. I tried it one fight, and it ended up costing us the match. I spent my time chasing him instead of focusing on his partner... a druid never has to stop running to keep his partner up. I can freezing trap a paladin easily, but not a druid.

Note: I don't have scatter shot.

#13 Ghalanah

Ghalanah
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 20 August 2007 - 05:33 PM

I just started 2v2ing this season with a priest and we have been cock blocked at 2100 by druid war/smart pally war teams.

The main problem I usually have with druids is on blades edge, where they can jump off the bridge and gain distance on my pet and play ring around the pillar for days while having the ability to drink.

Lately we have just tried to dps down the warrior but haven't had much success doing it unless it was against a bad team. Usually the key is baiting a druid to trinket if we can fear him in caster form (fear of mana burn) and scatter trap/ dps. Problem is I really don't think I can kill a warrior in 10 seconds. So one idea we had recently was scatter the warrior and have my friend mc the druid off the bridge. This only works in blades edge but it seems like the best shot we have. Now obviously this can be countered by a warrior that trinkets out of scatter or just tosses on a sword/shield and goes defensive but currently this seems to be our best strategy in a team that takes after our weakness dping armored targets.

#14 Osse

Osse
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Aerie Peak
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:06 PM

Best way to counter war/pal teams with t6 gear is to just log on their server and wait till they log off or stop doing arenas. There's really no way to outlast a paladin with t6 when you run holy/disc priest/hunter setup. :|

#15 Pacer

Pacer
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:42 AM

Warrior/Druid has been pretty much impossible to counter for my 2v2 of NE Hunter/Dwarf Priest. We simply cannot output enough damage to force the druid to even have the need to leave bear with both the warrior and the druid beating on me. Skillherald stuns added on to bash and feral charge are simply brutal for locking a player down. Not sure what can be improved upon. We pillar hug to avoid intercepts, so while the Warrior does not do much damage to us, we can't do much to them either, and they end up ultimatley winning the mana fight. Any suggestions all?

#16 Nitestrike

Nitestrike
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2079

Posted 02 September 2007 - 08:16 AM

Best way to counter war/pal teams with t6 gear is to just log on their server and wait till they log off or stop doing arenas. There's really no way to outlast a paladin with t6 when you run holy/disc priest/hunter setup. :|

I actually beat a different warr+ pally team with a warr in T6 gear a couple times for pretty nice points. The only reason we won, however, is because the warrior did it wrong every game. Looks like a typical warrior that never seen a BM hutner in high rated arenas =p

Games 1 he went after my healer. Thats basically GG by default, especially with him holding an Archimonde sword instead of a deep thunder or stormherald. No stun = no kill

Game 2 he went for me, while pet basically mauled the healer.

Had the warrior stuck to the pet the way he should, it would have been very easy free points for them, instead of -20's :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<