#21 Keatstwo

Keatstwo
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Chromaggus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:11 AM

Alright, on the face of it this doesn't look TOO bad, i mean, playing a DK atm is pretty miserable atm with having to constantly reapply diseases and all...

But picture this; you're dropping low, the hunter mindlessly tunneling damage into you from 30 yards away wipes an accumulated mass of drool from the side of his mouth as he shifts his attention to the left side of his apple mac keyboard (painted RED for quick reference) wherein lie the 24 keys bound to KILL SHOT. You scream for dispels and miraculously chains of ice drops for an instant. You long to fall to your knees and say a brief prayer to whatever higher power you believe in but you know this isn't the time. Clearing the edge of the desecration (by which i mean the point approximately ten yards from the PERCIEVED edge of desecration where it ACTUALLY ends) you hobble towards the nearest line of site to take cover. The hunter has stopped attempting to CC and ceased to auto or steady shot and pounds furiously on his numerous KILL SHOT keybinds like a demented ape playing a xylophone (albiet badly) but to no avail as you hover just outside kill shot range. You yell at your priest to heal you BUT HE'S STRANGULATED. In a last desperate attempt to save you he throws an abolish disease just as you LoS him round the pillar like the idiot you are. You sigh with relief, it's fine, there's nothing to worry about. The hunter is caught in a logic loop still mashing kill shot and the DK can't see you anymore BUT THE DISEASES AREN'T BEING REMOVED. YOU DROP INTO KILL SHOT RANGE. The hunter lets loose a scream of primal, animal rage as he hears his tasteful mortal kombat arena mod yell FINISH HIM!!!! "FATALITY!!!!" he screams, triumphantly pounding his red kill shot keys as he kill shots you through the LoS you just passed around for 12k, simultaneously ejaculating and soiling himself in a fit of simian pleasure. The confused look returns to his features and his eyes grow dull. The nurse comes to return him to his straight jacket.

SEVEN YEARS LATER:

You realise that if they hadn't made diseases undispellable none of this would have ever happened. Two days later you are found hanged in your bedroom cupboard.

So you see, this buff is a bad idea.

#22 Mitearidon

Mitearidon
  • Mitearialz
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:12 AM

Deathlygnome said:

By hunter fixes I assume you mean nerfs right?

no. say hello to nissy.

Son said:

Shadowmourne is fine

Felic said:

All the people against it are just as biased aswell

PROTECT THE ORANGES AT ALL COST!!!

#23 Roswend

Roswend
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:14 AM

It's a great change, I think this might make the class more or less viable again. However, this exacerbates the current problem of SS doing too much damage to cloth targets.

Now that diseases can't be dispelled, we're going to crush cloth targets. Yet, a problem remains: Plate targets.

And a few questions:

• Will COS dispel diseases after this change?
  • Will attempting to dispel a disease still grant sacred cleansing?
  • Will this protect Devouring Plague?

Maybe a few playstyle changes:

• Does this increase the strength of Deathcoil spam builds? We'll have a pretty hard time getting 130 RP if we're casting a DC every 10 seconds. That's a net 20 RP / rotation if we just use Scourge Strike.

• Does this cater to a 'faceroll' style of gameplay? Now that we don't need to keep an eye on which diseases are on the target, or stomp totems, does this make the class too easy?

• Does this really change anything at high level? Everyone could already stomp totems and keep diseases up. Then again, does this just free up our attention so we can be more aware of other things for a change? Honestly I think one reason why people think top DKs have 'downs' is that we're so busy stomping totems and watching diseases that we can't possibly see some things that are going on.

#24 Groundead

Groundead
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:14 AM

Keatstwo said:

Alright, on the face of it this doesn't look TOO bad, i mean, playing a DK atm is pretty miserable atm with having to constantly reapply diseases and all...

But picture this; you're dropping low, the hunter mindlessly tunneling damage into you from 30 yards away wipes an accumulated mass of drool from the side of his mouth as he shifts his attention to the left side of his apple mac keyboard (painted RED for quick reference) wherein lie the 24 keys bound to KILL SHOT. You scream for dispels and miraculously chains of ice drops for an instant. You long to fall to your knees and say a brief prayer to whatever higher power you believe in but you know this isn't the time. Clearing the edge of the desecration (by which i mean the point approximately ten yards from the PERCIEVED edge of desecration where it ACTUALLY ends) you hobble towards the nearest line of site to take cover. The hunter has stopped attempting to CC and ceased to auto or steady shot and pounds furiously on his numerous KILL SHOT keybinds like a demented ape playing a xylophone (albiet badly) but to no avail as you hover just outside kill shot range. You yell at your priest to heal you BUT HE'S STRANGULATED. In a last desperate attempt to save you he throws an abolish disease just as you LoS him round the pillar like the idiot you are. You sigh with relief, it's fine, there's nothing to worry about. The hunter is caught in a logic loop still mashing kill shot and the DK can't see you anymore BUT THE DISEASES AREN'T BEING REMOVED. YOU DROP INTO KILL SHOT RANGE. The hunter lets loose a scream of primal, animal rage as he hears his tasteful mortal kombat arena mod yell FINISH HIM!!!! "FATALITY!!!!" he screams, triumphantly pounding his red kill shot keys as he kill shots you through the LoS you just passed around for 12k, simultaneously ejaculating and soiling himself in a fit of simian pleasure. The confused look returns to his features and his eyes grow dull. The nurse comes to return him to his straight jacket.

SEVEN YEARS LATER:

You realise that if they hadn't made diseases undispellable none of this would have ever happened. Two days later you are found hanged in your bedroom cupboard.

wow

I lol'd

#25 tafu

tafu
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:15 AM

CoI being dispellable doesn't make it any less retarded/OP but I don't expect you to grasp that concept

http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/player

I don't want anything out of you about CoI until DK's are at least half of Priest representation in arena or you can explain to me why DK's would need any sort of nerfs before priests with this representation ratio.

#26 Roswend

Roswend
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:16 AM

Whoa, this thread is moving really fast, it's gonna get locked.

#27 TylerRoll

TylerRoll
  • Junkies

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:16 AM

agallockz said:

Pretty much sums up the attitude of the general wow community towards death knights and why blizzard is so hesitant to bring death knights to a decent level(on par with other classes).
yes now check out the perfect attitude from dks themselfs in the other thread, referring to the "haha now im going to /point priest /point shaman /point paladin /point cleansing totem /lol" messages.

Imo this change is not good. Mechanics like coi and undispellable diseases are retarded.
Also when every dk has unholy blight, rogues are unable to get a clean vanish of vs any dk team, not even when using clos.

#28 Buffhunters

Buffhunters
  • Hardgame
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:18 AM

Nifa said:

yes now check out the perfect attitude from dks themselfs in the other thread, referring to the "haha now im going to /point priest /point shaman /point paladin /point cleansing totem /lol" messages.

Imo this change is not good. Mechanics like coi and undispellable diseases are retarded.
Also when every dk has unholy blight, rogues are unable to get a clean vanish of vs any dk team, not even when using clos.

and?I dont see a problem there. the amount of butthurt bums qqing about this is retarded. Rng dispell is not anyone wants,so undispellable it is.

#29 Deathlygnome

Deathlygnome
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:18 AM

Nifa said:

You mean having to use 1 ability in conjunction with another ability in order to counter our abilities isn't fine?

Good rogues will get vanishes off just fine.

Roswend said:

Actually, in addition to undispellable diseases, assuming we go with the new Runeforge we're gonna have undispellable COI too.

New runeforge?

#30 Groundead

Groundead
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:19 AM

Roswend said:

Actually, in addition to undispellable diseases, assuming we go with the new Runeforge we're gonna have undispellable COI too.

What new runeforge?

#31 Gunnolf

Gunnolf
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow

tafu said:

I don't want anything out of you about CoI until DK's are at least half of Priest representation in arena or you can explain to me why DK's would need any sort of nerfs before priests with this representation ratio.

DK representation is not a direct correlation of how good CoI is or isn't. Saying one ability is overpowered doesnt mean he's saying your whole class is overpowered. A ranged *basically* spammable snare (root) is pretty fucking good.
Posted Image
Spoiler

#32 Mitearidon

Mitearidon
  • Mitearialz
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Roswend said:

Whoa, this thread is moving really fast, it's gonna get locked.

I bet Calump has raised an eyebrow, but I think a temp ban on certain obvious trolls would help more than a thread lock.

Son said:

Shadowmourne is fine

Felic said:

All the people against it are just as biased aswell

PROTECT THE ORANGES AT ALL COST!!!

#33 Roswend

Roswend
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Roswend said:

Groundead said:

What new runeforge?

•Rune of Razorice: Now stacks 5 stacks of 2% Frost Vulnerability instead of 10 stacks of 1% Frost Vulnerability. Proc chance changed to 100%.

Edit: Nevermind, it's physical now.

#34 Ghoruz

Ghoruz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:20 AM

Keatstwo said:

SEVEN YEARS LATER:

+ rep
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

#35 Deathlygnome

Deathlygnome
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:20 AM

Crying about not being able to get a clean vanish off with diseases is a joke. Faerie Fire, 5 minute duration. Affected target cannot stealth or go invisible.

#36 Mionee

Mionee
  • Moderators
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Illidan
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:21 AM

Roswend said:

Frost Vulnerability hasn't been a magic debuff for a long time now. It even got hotfixed somehow when it became common to see us use it to cover CoI, somewhere during season 5.

#37 Roswend

Roswend
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:22 AM

Mionee said:

Frost Vulnerability hasn't been a magic debuff for a long time now. It even got hotfixed when it became common to see us use it to cover CoI, somewhere during season 5.

Oh, I'm wrong, thanks for sinking my boat. :(

#38 agallockz

agallockz
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:23 AM

Gunnolf said:

DK representation is not a direct correlation of how good CoI is or isn't. Saying one ability is overpowered doesnt mean he's saying your whole class is overpowered. A ranged *basically* spammable snare (root) is pretty fucking good.

Retardedly good ability on a shit class. I'd take a CoI nerf to be buffed in another aspect any day of the week. I like you hate versing death knights, but I have to sense to know unbiasedly where they stand in arena.

#39 jrhowson

jrhowson
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aggramar
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Im sorry i don't buy all the crying over this if it made spread diseases undispellable yeah sure. I can somewhat see why Priests dont like it because SS actually does damage to them with diseases up but shamans/paladins?? even when they were bad and didn't bother cleansing i still hit them for nothing..

Make SS magical so the priests dont cry :D

#40 Nelliel

Nelliel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline

tafu said:

As I do see your point in dks being a low played class partly because of the class structure, you cant make all assumptions off of SK gaming.  Could mean that class x is more popular than class y.  Because if these stats are true then that means that mages and rogues needs buffs and priests need nerfs.  And hunters are in a good spot and arnt OP at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<