#41 unifin

unifin
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Cenarion Circle
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/1/2/0

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:08 PM

The only reason gnaw could be left on autocast was because health pools were smaller, scourge strike hit much harder, and resilience didn't affect player damage taken.

Can't tell you how many times gnaw would've saved my warrior against a wizard cleave.

#42 Eliaegl

Eliaegl
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 576

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:10 PM

Hey... a very serious sugguestion would be to promote some propoganda. Remember when everyone was running around saying "Hero class... get hero classed" etc. I say we start calling ourselves "MS Sidekick" class. Start saying to people "Lol you just got sidekicked, bro" and see how far it gets us.

#43 Tehbuubs

Tehbuubs
  • Lildubs
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:53 AM

Posted Image
:warrior: FIST PUMPIN:priest:
Posted Image

Sigh at all warriors crying about this change
put a Titanium Weapon Chain in your weapon, problem solved.
Blizzard just accomplished what is needed, warriors losing some attack power and doing less damage.
TA-DA.

#44 dkcarries

dkcarries
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Unholy 2/1/1/2/2/0/0

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:16 AM

Posted Image

^
Posted Image

SOLO GAMES/SC2 HERO

#45 lolcho

lolcho
  • Junkies

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:17 AM

An Unholy Strike that deals 42 % wepon dmg as a shadow dmg + 400 total dmg is increased by 11 % per each of your diseases on the target
Net result on 1k ressilince -> 6k magic dmg (crit) tested it on private server

#46 jrhowson

jrhowson
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aggramar
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:51 AM

An Unholy Strike that deals 42 % wepon dmg as a shadow dmg + 400 total dmg is increased by 11 % per each of your diseases on the target
Net result on 1k ressilince -> 6k magic dmg (crit) tested it on private server

If they don't actually buff disease dispel resist i see nothing wrong with that kind of number. Personally i just want to be criting all targets for 4-5k with full diseases up with some protection on my main target.

UB is crap now (for pve to probably) they should make it into a pvp talent.

#47 dkcarries

dkcarries
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Unholy 2/1/1/2/2/0/0

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:13 AM

for pve it worth 1 talent
Posted Image

SOLO GAMES/SC2 HERO

#48 Züdimi1296684100

Züdimi1296684100
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Nethersturm
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:41 AM

I would also like to see Gnaw on a lower CD like 40sec or back to 30sec, then Strangulate on a 1min30s CD and dont put it on the GCD.
Anotherx suggestion is good, too, but can't remember how 3.1 SS was in PVE

#49 agallockz

agallockz
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:35 AM

Taking the GCD off Strang is a stupid, stop making the class easier. All death knights need is for scourge strike to be 3.2 not 3.1 that's unnecessary and disease protection(single target only). 45 second ghoul stun would not be overboard but 30 would Imo. To actually make the class hard to play would require a complete overhaul. Also, If they dr'd CoI death knights would not be a class.

#50 Nex

Nex
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Moonglade
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:45 AM

I would also like to see Gnaw on a lower CD like 40sec or back to 30sec, then Strangulate on a 1min30s CD and dont put it on the GCD.
Anotherx suggestion is good, too, but can't remember how 3.1 SS was in PVE

3.1 ScS was at a good place in PVE, it was when they nerfed it in 3.2 that DKs started using obliterate. I believe the difference was the abilities breaking even at ~60% passive ArPen before and ~20% ArPen after. 20% you get whether you want it or not, and that's why Obliterate passed ScS for PVE DKs, which in turn led the devs to change ScS to a physical attack so it would also scale with ArPen.

The numbers would probably have changed by now, but it was the 3.2 nerf to ScS that was the first step down the road to make ScS the terrible version we see today.

57 post deletes and a few bans and a few infractions. Keep it up and the punishment will keep coming. The anti-DK shit isn't cool or funny, its just obnoxious. Discuss the topic without being total shitheads please.

#51 aiba

aiba
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2428

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:39 AM

Taking the GCD off Strang is a stupid, stop making the class easier. All death knights need is for scourge strike to be 3.2 not 3.1 that's unnecessary and disease protection(single target only). 45 second ghoul stun would not be overboard but 30 would Imo. To actually make the class hard to play would require a complete overhaul. Also, If they dr'd CoI death knights would not be a class.

3.2 ss fixes nothing.. dks couldnt kill anything with the 3.2 ss.
however the 3.1 ss would be fine for the number of reasons posted in previous posts some of which are the talent nerfs / soa nerf / res double buff..ect

latest blue post:

Death knights, druids, hunters, mages, rogues, warlocks, warriors, oh my! For those participating in our public testing of the upcoming minor content patch 3.3.3, look out this week for a host of fascinating new adjustments to these classes. Chains of Ice innately does what? Nature's Grasp has how many charges? Vitalit...y boosts stamina by how much? Stay tuned to find out the answer to these and more questions!

not holding my breath.. i am guessing they will just say that coi will apply frost fever now be happy..ect ect

#52 agallockz

agallockz
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:47 AM

3.2 ss fixes nothing.. dks couldnt kill anything with the 3.2 ss.
however the 3.1 ss would be fine for the number of reasons posted in previous posts some of which are the talent nerfs / soa nerf / res double buff..ect

latest blue post:

not holding my breath.. i am guessing they will just say that coi will apply frost fever now be happy..ect ect

3.2 was fine, it crit for up to 5k still

#53 tafu

tafu
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:21 PM

So it'll crit for about 4k post resil buff, considering you have full diseases up. Sounds fun.

#54 Elraen

Elraen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:32 PM

So it'll crit for about 4k post resil buff, considering you have full diseases up. Sounds fun.

This. People conveniently forget that there are been 2 resilience buffs since 3.1, among other changes. Reverting ScS to 3.1 both keeps the strike viable for PvE and once again makes it viable (but not OP) for PvP.

It was never realy OP to begin with unless it was propped up by Cinderglacier (which was also he real culprit to Frost Strike being really stupid).
-Aëon, the hunter formerly known as Elraen
-Formerly Sïn

"And rmp is fine it isn't even that amazing"

-Gladiator Mage

#55 Keremidku

Keremidku
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Laughing Skull
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:42 PM

Remove all DK spells and replace them with new ones
Posted Image

#56 Baulroq

Baulroq
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents:

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:54 PM

Death knights, druids, hunters, mages, rogues, warlocks, warriors, oh my! For those participating in our public testing of the upcoming minor content patch 3.3.3, look out this week for a host of fascinating new adjustments to these classes. Chains of Ice innately does what? Nature's Grasp has how many charges? Vitalit...y boosts stamina by how much? Stay tuned to find out the answer to these and more questions!

For some odd reason I do not like their enthusiasm in this quote. I feel like Joe Pesci in goodfellas when he's about to be a made man. :confused:

#57 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:55 PM

Up the damage by 10% across the scale and give chains of ice 8 sec cooldown

start crying now

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#58 Elraen

Elraen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:21 PM

For some odd reason I do not like their enthusiasm in this quote. I feel like Joe Pesci in goodfellas when he's about to be a made man. :confused:

LOL-someone's been watching AMC lately!!
-Aëon, the hunter formerly known as Elraen
-Formerly Sïn

"And rmp is fine it isn't even that amazing"

-Gladiator Mage

#59 Nex

Nex
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Moonglade
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:11 PM

This. People conveniently forget that there are been 2 resilience buffs since 3.1, among other changes. Reverting ScS to 3.1 both keeps the strike viable for PvE and once again makes it viable (but not OP) for PvP.

It was never realy OP to begin with unless it was propped up by Cinderglacier (which was also he real culprit to Frost Strike being really stupid).

Correction: Cinderglacier AND their respective sigil. Which brings us back to the OP...

Come up with a creative idea for a DK PVP fix (look it over!), write it down and motivate why and how it would change DKs.

57 post deletes and a few bans and a few infractions. Keep it up and the punishment will keep coming. The anti-DK shit isn't cool or funny, its just obnoxious. Discuss the topic without being total shitheads please.

#60 Lawdyx

Lawdyx
  • Lawdy
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:19 PM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<