#21 Archonosx

Archonosx
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Malfurion
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:34 AM

Honestly I would see more offensive use out of a 30 second AMS than defensive, which is a step in the right direction, although it would be a tad OP vs. caster teams. We do need something though.

#22 Fléccí1296680096

Fléccí1296680096
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:35 AM

When your diseases are dispelled there is a 30% chance that the target will instantly contract the disease again and spread to the target that is cleansing it.

so by cleansing u might get (rng too lol) CC immunity! COOL
worst idea so far here :P

If u wanna fix dks for 3s --> disease protection

if u wanna fix dks for 2s --> a slightly worse disease protection than for 3s ( dno 70% --> 50% w/e by the numbers chance to resist) + somekinda SS change, current is pure SHIT for pvp- DC is the main burst tool (which I also find stupid in some cases since it is ranged)
Posted Image

#23 Ruzael

Ruzael
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:51 AM

I thought dks already has a 30% resistance so therefore if it does get dispelled then you would also have a 30% chance for it to reapply with that idea. maybe 40-50% would be better. Could be changed to balance. Would make dispelling it good and bad because if it refreshes instead of staying away then its got full duration again.

And 30s AMS's is retarted with a 1 Min cd it feels like every time i try to kill them as Ret or Protret they use it and I cant touch them for a few seconds which is enough to be back @ 100%. Its not just casters that it fucks over. You dont need this sort of change for viability.

Edit: Ahh i c what you mean about the cc immunity now. Perhaps it could apply a new dot that is considered watever dot they cleansed and doesnt break cc. hmm didn't give thought to the cc thing its a bit trickier

#24 Astriani

Astriani
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:53 AM

Disease protection sounds good. Atleast something they need.

#25 Enim

Enim
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance
  • RBG: 1835

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:58 AM

I'd like to see ghoul and gargoyle/rune wep removed before you can buff DKs.

Also chains of ice needs a DR.

After a little nerf to utility you can perhaps start by adding a 20 yards stun for 2 seconds to replace the ghouls stun, then up your mobility by adding a similar fade(in shadowform) function.

Better disease protection, I don't know, maybe?
I'd however rather see them undispellable then being buffed to be more of an RNG moment(70 or 50% resistchance I think I read someone write), we don't like such things.

I'm not sure you really need damage buffs, it's rather other that need nerfs.
Possibly some sort of burstbuff but I don't know how to balance that since TSG and such comps will become even more op with DK buffs.

And i'm serious about the ghoul and gargoyle, they are ridic.
I do not understand why a melee class should be able to keep random target in combat behind a pillar 50 yards away, noone should.

Seeing as I don't play DK anymore you may think i'm biased, but I really do think you need to do something about the petsituation we currently have in the game.

#26 Another

Another
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/0/2/0/0
  • RBG: 2482

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:00 AM

I'd like to see ghoul and gargoyle/rune wep removed before you can buff DKs.

Also chains of ice needs a DR.

After a little nerf to utility you can perhaps start by adding a 20 yards stun for 2 seconds to replace the ghouls stun, then up your mobility by adding a similar fade(in shadowform) function.

I'm not sure you really need damage buffs, it's rather other that need nerfs.

And i'm serious about the ghoul and gargoyle, they are ridic.
I do not understand why a melee class should be able to keep random target in combat behind a pillar 50 yards away, noone should.

Seeing as I don't play DK anymore you may think i'm biased, but I really do think you need to do something about the petsituation we currently have in the game.

must be a troll

also they need to revert ss to 3.1, give us disease protection and revert gnaw to 30 sec cd

#27 Fearful

Fearful
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 1984

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:07 AM

must be a troll

also they need to revert ss to 3.1, give us disease protection and revert gnaw to 30 sec cd

this

#28 Ruzael

Ruzael
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:07 AM

must be a troll

I thought all that got nerfed because dks were too strong. Guess thats why you want it all back. + you want buffs in the disease area. Be practical. Your never getting that SS and 30pet stun back.
You should probably come up with NEW ways to help dks not undoing nerfs that were done for a reason.

#29 Azlinn

Azlinn
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Blood
  • RBG: 576

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:08 AM

Chains will never, ever, EVER be put on DR.

Disease protection + a change to scourge strike would lead to a lot less chain spamming because using that frost rune on damage would be viable.

#30 Bloody_qq

Bloody_qq
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ravenholdt
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:15 AM

I'd say give diseases protection and that will fix dk's little bit(not in 2s but screw 2s).

I approve.

#31 Another

Another
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/0/2/0/0
  • RBG: 2482

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:24 AM

I thought all that got nerfed because dks were too strong. Guess thats why you want it all back. + you want buffs in the disease area. Be practical. Your never getting that SS and 30pet stun back.
You should probably come up with NEW ways to help dks not undoing nerfs that were done for a reason.

all of that was before resilience buffs, dks are a joke after res buffs and those nerfs

#32 jrhowson

jrhowson
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aggramar
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:39 AM

Meh i need to find my post from yesterday on Dk's utility for all the other classes claiming they have amazing Utility. Think dk's are bad go check 5's its 10x worse.. what class do you see alot? Ele shamans

Bump (game breaking in some arenas)
Heroism for all (mandatory)
Grounding
Tremor (fucks warlocks bad)
Cleansing (fucks dks worse)
Short CD interrupt
retardly short AOE root
Hex

But they got crap burst too so i guess its all right :rolleyes: whatever this shit is real actual useful utility ^^

#33 jrhowson

jrhowson
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aggramar
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:50 AM

And 30s AMS's is retarted with a 1 Min cd it feels like every time i try to kill them as Ret or Protret they use it and I cant touch them for a few seconds which is enough to be back @ 100%. Its not just casters that it fucks over. You dont need this sort of change for viability.

Prot ret complaining about another class being hard to kill that's some funny shit, at least we provide burst and better utility then Dk's aswell..

#34 Takanit

Takanit
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:54 AM

Main change I want to see is the implementation of Magic Cleansing Totem and Abolish Magic to see what kinda shitstorm would ensue.

#35 Ruzael

Ruzael
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:58 AM

Prot ret complaining about another class being hard to kill that's some funny shit, at least we provide burst and better utility then Dk's aswell..

I don't remember complaining. I said 30s cd would be dumb. AMS is balanced the way it is atm. You should read before trolling.

#36 tafu

tafu
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:00 AM

Main change I want to see is the implementation of Magic Cleansing Totem and Abolish Magic to see what kinda shitstorm would ensue.

i'd give it about 2 hours before they cave in to the flood of tears

#37 jrhowson

jrhowson
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aggramar
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:01 AM

Now that would be good :D

Personally i'd like to see diseases getting a lil more protection/protection effect, more damage/ability to crit maybe even scaling with haste. When i first heard about Unholy as a spec for dks i figured it was gonna be some melee type version of a UA lock.

#38 Kamorion

Kamorion

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:00 PM

We've never had disease protection, it's just that until 3.2 our damage was never low enough for it to be a game-breaking issue. It was annoying but that was it. We obviously need it now. It shouldn't even count as a buff, because they seem to balance our single target damage around the assumption that our diseases are all on our target. If you're making that assumption then you need to give DKs something to actually make that assumption valid. Or you need to not make the assumption at all.

3.1 SS was nerfed because our overall damage was too high considering how unstoppable DKs were. Stun immunity every minute (or even every two minutes), magic debuff immunity every 45 seconds, lichborne, CoI, and gnaw all combined with extremely good single target damage and amazing survivablity makes you overpowered. Since then a lot has changed. So unless you want to buff DC (which would probably turn it into a Frost Strike 2.0) you either buff SS or you buff diseases. I don't think anyone wants to see DKs do more AoE damage than they are doing now if DKs also start doing meaningful single target damage. So buffing SS is the right answer.

Gnaw was never nerfed because it was OP. It was nerfed because it was annoying to casters. I'll leave it to you to figure out how nerfing, without compensation, a balanced class makes sense. But balance > quality of life issues. DKs need help, give us the old gnaw back.

#39 Nex

Nex
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Moonglade
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:48 PM

Gnaw was never nerfed because it was OP. It was nerfed because it was annoying to casters. I'll leave it to you to figure out how nerfing, without compensation, a balanced class makes sense. But balance > quality of life issues. DKs need help, give us the old gnaw back.

Well... Gnaw was nerfed with the motivation by GC: "Sometimes abilities that are annoying gets nerfed even though they're not overpowered, I am not saying gnaw is such an ability."

Either it was a very strange typo, or it got nerfed for no apparent reason.

57 post deletes and a few bans and a few infractions. Keep it up and the punishment will keep coming. The anti-DK shit isn't cool or funny, its just obnoxious. Discuss the topic without being total shitheads please.

#40 Sealcub

Sealcub
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Frostwolf
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:25 PM

Gnaw was just simply too good at 30 seconds cooldown. It can pretty much be left on auto gnaw and it will do just fine. However at 60 seconds it is simply too much of a cooldown, too. A fine tuning would be adjusting it to 45 seconds, and Strangulate to 1 minute 30 seconds. Neither would be overpowered then, and they would be more in line with all the other abilities other classes can do.

I have a hunch that the Developers don't want to grant Death Knights more than 30% diseases cleanse protection because if the diseases get protection across the board, Death Knights would be super extremely overpowered. The best suggestions so far are the ones that protect single (1) target only.

Finally, we don't need 100% protection, we just need something that makes the casters think twice before cleansing. Currently it is mindless and we have way too many classes stacking against us. I might go as far as saying giving the original Plague Strike removing heals would be balanced now, but as an above poster has mentioned, nerfed abilities never come back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<