#1 Nex

Nex
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Moonglade
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:53 PM

Quite simple, post one good idea that would help balance DKs and motivate why/how it'd help. I'll start with...

Gladiator's Sigils changed to:
Your plague strike increase AP (or str) with X and reduces the chance that your damage over time diseases are cured by 70%.

While boring that gearing becomes streamlined it would help with the issue of sigils boosting single abilities out of proportion. Which has earlier led to IT, ScS and Frost Strike being overnerfed because of them being balanced against the best possible scenario. Add the mechanic to a new sigil from the grizzly hills vendor for entry level PVP.

Now you got good disease protection, the PVP sigil gets a use, and DK strikes can be balanced for PVP without the possibility of chaining a super boosted ability. PVE sigils can be made more interesting than: "this is the same sigil as your last one except +1 more stregth".

There would probably be an issue with ranged weapons/sigils being able to be switched in combat, but that could probably be fixed without much problem.

57 post deletes and a few bans and a few infractions. Keep it up and the punishment will keep coming. The anti-DK shit isn't cool or funny, its just obnoxious. Discuss the topic without being total shitheads please.

#2 jrhowson

jrhowson
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aggramar
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:57 PM

Not my idea but i agree with it alot..

Make AMZ a target spell so you can chuck it on your pala/lock or whatever from range when you are rooted/snared etc and maybe make it not cost a rune (that might be going to far).

As for the sigil idea, imo we really shouldn't be giving up fairly big stuff in order to get buffs i love my deathcoil sigil :) however the pvp sigils are absolute trash and yeah it might prevent stuff like the frost sigil in the future.

#3 aiba

aiba
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2428

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:16 PM

-disease protection
-glyph of ss changes ss to magical patch 3.1 version strike.

ps: idk if this has been fixed or w/e.. shoot and forget dispells bypass dispell resistances iirc.

#4 Gurren

Gurren
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Haomarush
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:27 PM

Plague strike deals 150% more damage if Blood plague is not present on the target.

#5 Elraen

Elraen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:47 PM

Add to Hysteria "Target can not be stopped unless killed" when cast on self.
-Aëon, the hunter formerly known as Elraen
-Formerly Sïn

"And rmp is fine it isn't even that amazing"

-Gladiator Mage

#6 Kamorion

Kamorion

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:47 PM

This idea has been around for a while (since 3.2), but have Unholy Blight increase the dispel resistance given by Virulence to 75% on any target it is applied to.

Just another idea, make Hungering Cold a trainable, single target CC. Make the HC talent in the frost tree turn it back into an AoE. A CC could open up some caster/dk/healer comps. Maybe move HC to the same DR as fear so that we have some viability with mages and ele shamans. That wouldn't really be a nerf to dk/lock/druid because, at the moment, the DK doesn't bring HC anyways.

#7 Touché1296682727

Touché1296682727
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:50 PM

This idea has been around for a while (since 3.2), but have Unholy Blight increase the dispel resistance given by Virulence to 75% on any target it is applied to.

well the difference between this one and the sigil idea is that it helps all specs, while this only helps unholy.

#8 tafu

tafu
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:51 PM

This is a great idea.

It would still allow for cleansing of pestilence damage but spam cleanse abuse by several sources on the main focus target would be far less effective.

And since Unholy Blight in it's current form is beyond useless, it would be a perfect change. The percentage could be easily tweaked for balance issues as well.

#9 Azlinn

Azlinn
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Blood
  • RBG: 576

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:58 PM

Frost:

Acclimation - Gives a 15%/30%/45% chance when hit by a direct damage spell that the next direct damage spell of the same school is reduced by 15%.

Unbreakable Armor - Gives 10% spell damage reduction along with its other bonuses.

Unholy:

Ghoul Frenzy - Reduces the cooldown on gnaw by 15 seconds and your ghoul is healed for 10% of your damage done.

Corpse Explosion changed to Ghoul Explosion - You call upon unholy powers to explode your ghoul dealing 3k~ damage in a 10 yard radius and knocking everyone effected by it back slightly. (think typhoon not thunderstorm knockback.) 2 minute cooldown.

#10 Nitestrike

Nitestrike
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2079

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:59 PM

Change Frost Strike back to can't be dodged/blocked/parried.

I could care less about the damage it's doing as long as I know it's actually landing. (Played frost w/out sigil S6)

#11 tafu

tafu
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:02 PM

Corpse Explosion changed to Ghoul Explosion - You call upon unholy powers to explode your ghoul dealing 3k~ damage in a 10 yard radius and knocking everyone effected by it back slightly. (think typhoon not thunderstorm knockback.) 2 minute cooldown.

Might be OP but damn I like this.

• Moderators
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Illidan
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:27 PM

http://www.war-tools.com/t65710.html

mostly blood/frost fixes except for the very, very, very last line that would probably be enough to make us op -just in case all others weren't enough i guess-

#13 aiba

aiba
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2428

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:37 PM

^
well we can dream i suppose

#14 Riece

Riece
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:34 AM

http://www.war-tools.com/t65710.html

mostly blood/frost fixes except for the very, very, very last line that would probably be enough to make us op -just in case all others weren't enough i guess-

Some of that is really interesting.

#15 Blitzr

Blitzr
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Winterhoof
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:40 AM

Dispell resist as listed above + make IT put on the 50% slow base (from frost tree) and remove chains of ice.

Warriors damage is fine and can be controlled quite easily as a rogue.

At least 1 rogue understands it..

#16 tafu

tafu
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:00 AM

Without chains of ice DK's would be broken beyond repair. Don't even think about that.

#17 Deathlygnome

Deathlygnome
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:03 AM

Without chains of ice DK's would be broken beyond repair. Don't even think about that.

I liked how he's saying that as a shaman with lolwolf too.

#18 Ruzael

Ruzael
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:19 AM

Just make a talent low in 1 of the trees that most pvprs go into.

When your diseases are dispelled there is a 30% chance that the target will instantly contract the disease again and spread to the target that is cleansing it.

Edit: BTW a lot of disease cleansing from paladins dks bring on themselves by spamming Chains of ice. Then the Paladin responds with a cleanse to remove the chains of ice and takes one of your diseases with it.

#19 pomponius

pomponius

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:24 AM

I liked how he's saying that as a shaman with lolwolf too.

uh yea shaman can't dispel chains and even for a dispelling class chains is beyond retartd when spammed correctly.

edit: sorry for the double post but that i couldn't help but respond to this man.

#20 Ruzael

Ruzael
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:27 AM

our diseases need to be from now on be known as "blights of the gods" and thus cannot be dispelled. amz needs to be a one minute cd and ams needs to drop down to 30 seconds while bone shield needs to be reverted to a 1 min cd with 40% effectiveness. I also think gnaw should be reverted back to its 30 second cd.
thank you

So you want to be unkillable aswell as have more offensive utility and undispellable diseases.
Stop being ridiculous.
Dks have a lot of defensive cds already and definitely do not need lower cds on them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<