Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:59 PM

If you play like a restoration shaman when you have Astral, you are stupid? A spell like that doesn't define the skill of the class, but the playstyle.

That's why so many restoration shamans (I did it myself as well) fail in damage even though they think they do great.

#62 Lydora

Lydora
  • Junkies

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:06 PM

Well I can only agree that most of the things i note are class specific rather than spec specific :P

That's why I'm often baffled at people trying to make out that resto has such a high skillcap, when in the same breath they'll tell you ele is faceroll, and easymode :D

#63 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:07 PM

Lydora said:

Well I can only agree that most of the things i note are class specific rather than spec specific :P

That's why I'm often baffled at people trying to make out that resto has such a high skillcap, when in the same breath they'll tell you ele is faceroll, and easymode :D

Posted Image

#64 Strygwyr117

Strygwyr117
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:08 PM

Blowi said:

If you play like a restoration shaman when you have Astral, you are stupid? A spell like that doesn't define the skill of the class, but the playstyle.

That's why so many restoration shamans (I did it myself as well) fail in damage even though they think they do great.

Which is exactly my point, you can have a much more reckless playstyle in comparison to a RShaman because you have Astral to prevent a huge chunk of damage.

Lydora said:

The class it's self is quite hard for sure. But until Blizzard gives me a way to stop from dying in a kidney shot...
S3 - Lady Vashj/Kael'thas Sunstrider.
S4 - Illidan/Brutallus.
S5 - Gladiator 2v2/3v3/5v5 (US-Cyclone).
S6 - Attendance Boss (US-Cyclone).
S7 - Gladiator 3v3 x2 (US-Vindication/Emberstorm).
S8 - Gladiator 3v3/5v5 (US-Cyclone).

Previously known as Strygwyr from Bloodscalp-Cyclone, Dionysus from Earthen Ring-Vindication, Stryg from Rivendare-Emberstorm, and Lvblol from Blackrock-Bloodlust.

#65 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:10 PM

Strygwyr117 said:

Which is exactly my point, you can have a much more reckless playstyle in comparison to a RShaman because you have Astral to prevent a huge chunk of damage.

But how is it less skilled, than staying behind?

You still have to position and kite well and reduce the amount of damage taken. Not all shamans rush in and take a huge chunk of damage.

Hope you get my point :P

#66 Lydora

Lydora
  • Junkies

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:29 PM

Blowi said:

Posted Image

I don't get it :(

but yes, she's super qt

#67 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:34 PM

ohana said:

I miss piurging inner fire and watching priests go splat :x

I miss seeing a shaman helpless when rogue takes care of him ( CS KS sap sap sap CS KS blind sap sap sap fear CS KS sap sap sap CS KS and so onwards, whatever's trinketted the chain continues, and if partner tries to help out he gets killed even faster :) ), at same time while I'm fucking up shamans partner badly :)

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#68 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:36 PM

Lolflay said:

I miss seeing a shaman helpless when rogue takes care of him ( CS KS sap sap sap CS KS blind sap sap sap fear CS KS sap sap sap CS KS and so onwards, whatever's trinketted the chain continues, and if partner tries to help out he gets killed even faster :) ), at same time while I'm fucking up shamans partner badly :)

hmm. that would only work on paper or the shaman/warrior had to be shit!

#69 Strygwyr117

Strygwyr117
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:41 PM

Blowi said:

But how is it less skilled, than staying behind?

You still have to position and kite well and reduce the amount of damage taken. Not all shamans rush in and take a huge chunk of damage.

Hope you get my point :P

Yeah don't worry not denying that Ele has to LoS, but the margin of recovery for an Ele is much greater then a RShammy.
S3 - Lady Vashj/Kael'thas Sunstrider.
S4 - Illidan/Brutallus.
S5 - Gladiator 2v2/3v3/5v5 (US-Cyclone).
S6 - Attendance Boss (US-Cyclone).
S7 - Gladiator 3v3 x2 (US-Vindication/Emberstorm).
S8 - Gladiator 3v3/5v5 (US-Cyclone).

Previously known as Strygwyr from Bloodscalp-Cyclone, Dionysus from Earthen Ring-Vindication, Stryg from Rivendare-Emberstorm, and Lvblol from Blackrock-Bloodlust.

#70 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:05 PM

Blowi said:

hmm. that would only work on paper or the shaman/warrior had to be shit!

Venge Glad Ylandria :D

Generally was able to go like that infinitely in the first match against most of the teams, second match warrior almost always intervened sap after full kidney and shaman got immediately in combat :(

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#71 Karifailzz

Karifailzz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/2/2/.
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:49 PM

Pythe said:

little things like knowing how to coordinate spell landings based on projectile speed and distance, dealing with spell reflects and grounding totems QUICKLY, knowing when to purge and when not to purge, as well as what to shock and what not to shock.

also tstorm is an art

THIS. I couldn't have said it better. :)

#72 Gabobin

Gabobin
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1467
  • 3v3: 2211

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:08 PM

Its basicly like ret pally in season 5 :)

#73 Sholt

Sholt
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:55 PM

yoyot said:

Clearly you don't know the mechanics of this game. You need to have flameshock on the target when the lavaburst goes off for it to have 100% crit.

He is talking about doing stuff like LvB -> EM LB -> CL -> FS, making them all land at pretty much the same time. It's just a way of producing more spiky bursts.

Yo I heard flameshock hits instantly and lavaburst flies through the air!

#74 EMCL

EMCL
  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:23 AM

Sholt said:

Yo I heard flameshock hits instantly and lavaburst flies through the air!

I dont think you understand.

For lava burst to be auto crit flame shock has to be on the target before you finish casting lava burst.

fls -> lvb

not lvb then instant fls

#75 vinas

vinas
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:32 AM

I play ele in 3s and resto in 5s and as people can imagine resto seems much harder compared to elemental but i dont know if its healthy to compare with another healers as OP or not. But i must say purge is smthng great after holy pala for 6 seasons:)

#76 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:11 PM

one of the only decent sentences on Hydramist was that ele / enh talent trees are giving more resistance than the resto one, and in generally, healers' tree is giving more resistance than the others.

After trying ele/enh, I can assume that enh is just useless after his wolves died, ele is (at least ) very powerful, its the only caster that benefit from dot being dispelled - and UA too maybe.

Zotan said:

TSG shouldn't win against an equally skilled LSD but 99% of all LSDs are super retarded so it's quite easy to zerg the druid from start to finish.

#77 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:13 PM

Gabobin said:

Its basicly like ret pally in season 5 :)

haha.

even if i hate this ( ret ) tree, notice that they get nerf'd in s5, judgements @ 10k lowered @ 7k and finally 5k with 3.1 ( i played this spec mainly in Naxxramas / battlegrounds with end-game pve gear).

Zotan said:

TSG shouldn't win against an equally skilled LSD but 99% of all LSDs are super retarded so it's quite easy to zerg the druid from start to finish.

#78 Gabel

Gabel
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Elemental
  • RBG: 192

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:49 PM

Mightlol said:

After trying ele/enh, I can assume that enh is just useless after his wolves died, ele is (at least ) very powerful, its the only caster that benefit from dot being dispelled - and UA too maybe.

Vampiric Touch?

#79 balthard

balthard
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Stormrage
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:51 PM

agree on the  fact that a resto shaman is waaaaay to squishy but i do think we realised that a while ago.

disagree on your opinion that enhance is "useless" after wolves are gone...still a very good assist class with amazing utilitie but yes..they're dmg is far from that of other melee classes.
and yes ele gets a buff from dispelling flame shock but i'd much rather have the shock rolling to charge up a totem and to ensure the LvB crit rather then gaining that amount of haste wich is good for a couple of seconds and your basicly waisting allot of globals trying to put up flame shock if it keeps getting dispelled wich obviously are allot less usefull then using globals on purge or actually attacking smth.

#80 Kastaan

Kastaan
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Azshara
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:44 PM

http://tinypic.com/p...hp?v=dcwymr&s=6

LAWL T-STORM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users