#1 hiphiphooray

hiphiphooray
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kalecgos
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:05 PM

I cant find a single skilled ele shaman on my server.  Is this a high skill cap class?  I mean besides focus windshears and spamming purge is doesnt seem that hard. And before anyone rages,  i know my class isnt that hard either ><!

So what separates the 2k shamans from the rest?

#2 Tokizh

Tokizh
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Dentarg
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:08 PM

Shocking, positioning, grounding/tremors, playing well under pressure.

Probably more that Im not thinking of right now.

#3 soberjkpnad

soberjkpnad

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:14 PM

It's pretty easy, 2222232222242222234!5!22222
Posted Image

Things to contemplate:
Asking someone to do a blindfolded taste test of two different beverages but then have one of the cups be filled with bong water and Everclear.

A cleaning service ran by a bunch of trained ninjas who you can never see but cleaned the fuck out of your house all day, everyday.

Walking into a church in the middle of mass, dressed as Jesus, telling everyone you are back.

#4 Recehc

Recehc
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:20 PM

2k shamans dont shock, they never shock...
Posted Image

JaK91 said:

go gnome or go home

#5 Addox

Addox
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Suramar
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1509
  • 3v3: 1819
  • 5v5: 1336
  • RBG: 383

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:21 PM

soberjkpnad said:

It's pretty easy, 2222232222242222234!5!22222

Shit man, you forgot all the 1 spams.

#6 Pythe

Pythe
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:23 PM

little things like knowing how to coordinate spell landings based on projectile speed and distance, dealing with spell reflects and grounding totems QUICKLY, knowing when to purge and when not to purge, as well as what to shock and what not to shock.

also tstorm is an art

#7 EMCL

EMCL
  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:25 PM

I would say its at the easiest point it's ever been.

Shaman as a class is slightly difficult as its a very reactive glass with 5 sec wind shear and 10 sec grounding totem, and positioning is arguably the most important of any ranged calss as you have to have proper position for totem range (30 yd radius to get allies out of fear etc), hex range (20 yd) wind shear range, purge range, etc etc and all the while be able to LoS an enemy's spell if you're out of interrupts.

Ele on the other hand simply adds the dynamic of going pewpew when the time is right.

I would say though that thunderstorm has the most potential of any ability in the entire game.

so the skill cap to be a good ele sham is relatively low, but to be an innovative and gamechanging ele sham can be high.

#8 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:25 PM

I honestly think this is a troll thread. Elemental Shamans have been considered one of the easiest classes in the game since TBC.

#9 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:46 PM

Hmm.. Elemental is easy to play as anything else, but you can easily do good stuff if you are skilled, just like mostly everything. And as I've always said, TS is one of the spells with biggest potential :)

You can say 2244445555333333 or w/e people say about any class etc.

#10 himynameisamy

himynameisamy
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:14 AM

Blowi said:

Hmm.. Elemental is easy to play as anything else, but you can easily do good stuff if you are skilled, just like mostly everything. And as I've always said, TS is one of the spells with biggest potential :)

-

#11 Zvarder

Zvarder
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:58 AM

Blowi said:

pretty much

#12 Astriani

Astriani
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:00 AM

Blowi said:

This.

LuB

#13 Sholt

Sholt
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:16 AM

Pythe said:

little things like knowing how to coordinate spell landings based on projectile speed and distance, dealing with spell reflects and grounding totems QUICKLY, knowing when to purge and when not to purge, as well as what to shock and what not to shock.

also tstorm is an art

Thought this was cute. "little things like knowing how to coordinate spell landings based on projectile speed and distance"

In english: Knowing you can cast lavaburst and THEN flameshock. You don't have to flameshock -> Lavaburst.

#14 Zuljama

Zuljama
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:29 AM

Sholt said:

In english: Knowing you can cast lavaburst and THEN flameshock. You don't have to flameshock -> Lavaburst.

I used to pve as ele a few patches ago and lava burst would not crit unless flameshock was on target first, travel time was not included so casting lava burst and then flame shock woudlnt make a crit, i coudl be wrong but i didnt see blizz make any changes for this:rolleyes:

#15 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:31 AM

when will they do something against purge spame gaming ? it really destroys the gameplay of holypally, dpriest, rdruid... rsham still unaffected because 50 trash buffs proc every time they cast sth ..

Zotan said:

TSG shouldn't win against an equally skilled LSD but 99% of all LSDs are super retarded so it's quite easy to zerg the druid from start to finish.

#16 Pythe

Pythe
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:56 AM

Sholt said:

Thought this was cute. "little things like knowing how to coordinate spell landings based on projectile speed and distance"

Stuff like crits are calculated at the time the spell finishes casting. Glad you know how the game works.

What I meant by that statement is instinctively knowing how to make everything line up and land at the same time. yeah, LVB chain lightning frost shock is best if you have no cooldowns, but do you know exactly how far you have to stand, and how long you have have to wait before frost shocking to make them all hit at once?

Its the difference between knowing how to blow someone up, and just wasting your skills

#17 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 21 February 2010 - 03:12 AM

where did i say holy paladin were underpowered ?

Zotan said:

TSG shouldn't win against an equally skilled LSD but 99% of all LSDs are super retarded so it's quite easy to zerg the druid from start to finish.

#18 himynameisamy

himynameisamy
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 21 February 2010 - 03:14 AM

not that hard to cleanse flame shock

#19 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 21 February 2010 - 03:16 AM

... why do i have to say it again ?

ele shaman ALONE isnt that great, with another caster its *hey there is someone in our los / range, why dont we burst him ?*

* lol, dual crit, goodbye guy, thank for the point ^^^^^^ *

Zotan said:

#20 ohana

ohana
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 384

Posted 21 February 2010 - 03:17 AM

where did i say holy paladin were underpowered ?  
You didn't , I just find it ironic how a holy paladin is crying up a storm about how unfair and overpowered the shaman class is..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<