Photo

Is pet killing totems more important than counterspelling?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Glave

Glave
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 2119

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:06 AM

Asking this for the lock on my 3v.

We just made the team tonight. I've never played 3s with a lock before. We went against two seperate shaman teams.

Our question is this: When in arena, should our lock prioritize his pet to kill any specific totems over counter spelling(grounding specifically)?

Thoughts?

#2 Arun

Arun
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Scarshield Legion
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:25 AM

definately yes

spelllock can be wasted in the grounding totem along with any other critical cc or dps ability

always destroy the blue totem

#3 Rycho

Rycho
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:04 PM

i don't think theres a clear priority really - if someone is about to die if he doesn't receive heals, or a priest is free mana burning your team, i think a spell lock is more important to winning. early in the game when you're trying to gain a damage/cc advantage, taking out tremor and wf can be huge, so the answer is really to do both.

#4 Veev

Veev
  • Premium Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1928

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:30 PM

You shouldn't have to prioritize either one really. You don't need to put your pet on someone to counterspell them usually.

If a fresh grounding totem is up and you know that it hasn't absorbed a spell yet, then obviously you're just wasting a cooldown if you try to silence them then. But you can both kill totems and silence them as needed as long as they stay in range and LOS (which they usually will).

Never really understood why some warlocks insist on putting their pets on a healer to CS them... you can put it on the DPS target for added melee DPS and auto dispells and still silence a healer by watching their cast bar.

#5 Forensic

Forensic
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 27 August 2007 - 08:04 PM

I think, as in my case, we already have the dps target dispelled / purged fully. So my felhunter doesn't need to eat buffs unless there are hots. So sometimes I want my pet on the healer for 2 reasons. 1.) A flash heal is very quick. Assuming it takes you like 0.5 seconds to hit the button, you don't want your pet to have to run to the healer to silence. But I have to say I haven't done my research. I don't know healers max range compared to my felhunters max range. 2.) I don't want a healer to drink.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<