#161 Keatstwo

Keatstwo
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Chromaggus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:39 AM

Doesn't really matter how good the damage is when it has no poison protection, it's still going to awful.

#162 Nostalgia

Nostalgia
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:52 PM

The problem is mobility is overrated. Mutilate did way more sustained and burst damage at 70, but people didn't go it because mobility back then meant everything, since you needed to be on your target for the 5ish minute match.

Now technically all you need is a switch to someone without a trinket and its generally trouble. But why would you do it with sstep when you can just use your a set of CD's with mutilate and have ridiculous burst?
Posted Image

#163 velz

velz
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:20 PM

Addition to the buff that hemo grants, which is 10 stacks of +75 damage to your melee swings, so +750 damage for 35 Energy.

wrong, thats +75 damage for 35 energy, you have to hit the target 10 times to gain an extra 750 dmg.

#164 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:35 PM

What most people seem to forget is that Rupture is now a much more viable finisher, you dont need deadly poison + envenom to do some damage on plate. Also waylay is godly, how many times i was peeled for a split second while my target was just getting abolish and ran straight away. With waylay its not going anywhere.
Yes, backstab position req suxx but hey, now we have hemo for damage and shs+bs for snare / burst. Like shs-bs-kidney>dance ambush ambush.

What i am definitely missing is ability to shs in snare — that really added some more depth to rogue game play: more opportunities to control stuff like shs+kick etc.

Other then that it like where its going —
> hemo is no longer a filler that you dont want to take and is even useable when people backpedal kite or you play with feral or smth. Anyway all those 10 charges will no longer be wasted ever, since you dont need to spam hemo, you can do it once and spam stab.
> reliable snare
> decent MS with double wound
> reduced cd on shs (did it get through?)
> slightly more burst with backstab (more chances to crit then hemo at least)
> HAT is something that old shs never had and its still there just as good as it always was

All in all i dont see how this is much worse then s4 shs. But thats just on paper so far.
Shadowmelding since 2007.

#165 Keatstwo

Keatstwo
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Chromaggus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:05 PM

Using double wound and relying on waylay as your snare sounds incredibly horrible, you'd probably still have to use crippling.

#166 Azp

Azp
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:08 PM

Using double wound and relying on waylay as your snare sounds incredibly horrible, you'd probably still have to use crippling.

Yeah, like warriors with their terrible, undispellable, 50% snare that's completely ineffective- oh wait.

Only difference is you need to be behind the target and it isn't quite as spammable. It really isn't that bad.

All in all i dont see how this is much worse then s4 shs. But thats just on paper so far.

It's worse in that it puts out nearly no damage on plate. This isn't like BC-if you're healer/rogue, you are not going to beat a healer/plate DPS team with this spec. And rupture's fairly ineffective, yes it's a lot of damage over time, similar to that of an envenom, but it's over a long time. We only have 1 dot as this spec (Garrote's damage is shit), Rupture is not enough to really make it work without some serious synergy from your partner.

#167 Keatstwo

Keatstwo
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Chromaggus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:41 PM

Yeah, like warriors with their terrible, undispellable, 50% snare that's completely ineffective- oh wait.

Only difference is you need to be behind the target and it isn't quite as spammable. It really isn't that bad.

I'd like to think you're trolling but in the unlikely (and frankly terrifying) event that you're actually serious with this, the positional requirement is a HUGE headache and it is absolutely nowhere near even approaching being anything LIKE spammable when it costs a third of your energy compared to hamstring's negligable rage cost. Not to mention the fact that it's only an 8 second slow before shit like fleet footed.

If you really think playing without crippling is a good idea then uhh...have fun i guess :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

#168 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:25 PM

I'd like to think you're trolling but in the unlikely (and frankly terrifying) event that you're actually serious with this, the positional requirement is a HUGE headache and it is absolutely nowhere near even approaching being anything LIKE spammable when it costs a third of your energy compared to hamstring's negligable rage cost. Not to mention the fact that it's only an 8 second slow before shit like fleet footed.

Dunno why people complaining about positional requirement. Hell, we played 4 seasons with mutilate and it wasnt that bad. Yes it can go wrong but thats why we have shadowstep. Not to mention that 70% is the BEST slow effect in game. Shouldnt be a problem to get behind that warrior who can only put -50% on you.

As for the damage... i cant remember killing warriors in s4 even with 4/8 + 4/5. It never put enough pressure on the plate. And i believe it can still kill a healer if your team mate throw in some damage. Other then that its a lot of theorycrafting right there -)

What i would personally love to see is gouge not breaking on dots xD
Shadowmelding since 2007.

#169 Keatstwo

Keatstwo
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Chromaggus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:48 PM

Waylay will only be 50% afaik, so gl with that.

#170 Ispen

Ispen
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:26 AM

I would definitely spec for ShD for 5s. Not like it is serious bracket but it will be easier to get on the target as Rogue while switching.

For 3s, I dont know. Might work as RMP for korean swaps or Rogue Feral Priest after Rupture buff. I think you can afford to also run wound deadly in these setups.

For the rest, meh I dont know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<