#1 Disturblól

Disturblól
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Zul'jin
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:28 PM

# Icy Touch: This ability now causes a very high amount of threat while the death knight is in Frost Presence.
# Rune of Razorice: Now stacks 5 stacks of 2% Frost Vulnerability instead of 10 stacks of 1% Frost Vulnerability. Proc chance changed to 100%.
# Talents

* Blood

o Abomination's Might: This effect is now passive instead of being a proc on certain strikes. Rank 1 is 5% attack power and Rank 2 is 10% attack power. The self strength buff remains unchanged.
o Will of the Necropolis: There is no longer a cooldown on the frequency at which this talent can be activated. In addition, this ability can now also be triggered by damage which deals less than 5% of your health.

* Frost

o Endless Winter: No longer causes Frost Fever to be applied by Chains of Ice, but instead grants 2/4% strength. The previous functionality of this talent has been added to Chain Of Ice baseline; this talent, however, still reduces Mind Freeze runic power cost.
o Improved Icy Talons: This effect is now passive instead of being a proc. The self haste buff remains unchanged.
o Nerves of Cold Steel: Now increases off-hand damage by 8/16/25%, up from 5/10/15%.
o Unbreakable Armor: The amount of strength granted is now 20%, up from 10%.

* Unholy

o Scourge Strike: Now deals 70% weapon damage, plus 12% of physical damage done as shadow damage for each of the death knight's diseases on the target. The net result should be larger strikes with no diseases present, while maximum damage with all diseases applied to the target should stay the same.

Additional non-official changes: Glyph of Obliterate has been increased by 5%.
Posted Image Posted Image
- And my story is done, and the character is gone...

#2 Blastz

Blastz
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:29 PM

about time, even though i dont like the new endless winter

phatgypsy: i can sit there and smoke like 4 bowls back to back and go drive a schoolbus full of kids
phatgypsy: if im wasted drunk i cant even walk or talk correctly

#3 Takanit

Takanit
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:30 PM

Fucking endless winter nerf?

Wow.

#4 Disturblól

Disturblól
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Zul'jin
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:31 PM

Fucking endless winter nerf?

Wow.

The previous functionality of this talent can now be attained via the Glyph of Chains of Ice.
Posted Image Posted Image
- And my story is done, and the character is gone...

#5 Coniption

Coniption
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:31 PM

At least they're trying to buff DKs but the endless winter change is retarded.

#6 Takanit

Takanit
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:32 PM

Yeah, so we lose a glyph slot and gain almost nothing out of it.

#7 Touché1296682727

Touché1296682727
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:32 PM

nice thanks

#8 luná

luná
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:34 PM

mb ss will hit harder but ill need to reapply diseases like a faggot all the time cos of glyph changes and generally DKs will mb lose dmg lol gg

#9 Touché1296682727

Touché1296682727
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:35 PM

now make lichborne baseline so I can sub - spec blood again.

#10 Proditor

Proditor
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:35 PM

The previous functionality of this talent can now be attained via the Glyph of Chains of Ice.

Which means I'm forced to give up Glyph of Disease that I've been using since forever. Great.

Don't think it's worth it skipping Endless Winter, the reduced rp cost is amazing.
Author of Gladius

#11 ariandra

ariandra
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:36 PM

Endless winter change is so dumb, glyph of chains of ice sucks. The change would only be good if you didn't need to spec into it still for the mind freeze costing no runic power so you can use another 2 talent points.

#12 sunzrooney

sunzrooney
  • Junkies

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:38 PM

I'm not sure about this tbh, time will tell but I don't see this as out and out buffs, more like they took away a lollipop and gave us a rattle! Actually looking at the new tooltip as apposed to the old one the damage increase won't make any difference at all :( It was initially 60%, now at 70% I don't know about the dmg modifiers for shadow with diseases up, I'm not at home at the moment so no access to spreadsheets but all sounds a bit meh to me tbh :(

At least they acknowledge that ss needs buffs, sadly this won't fix it but its a step.

#13 Fearful

Fearful
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • RBG: 1984

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:40 PM

nvm these changes suck

#14 Submerge

Submerge
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:42 PM

WOOHOO DEATH KNIGHTS, BEST CLASS OF 2010!

#15 jrhowson

jrhowson
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aggramar
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:42 PM

So basically i lose either 15% dc damage, 40% ghoul sta/str or disease/Icy touch for something i allready have?? fucking nerf and please these changes are a joke. Will SS be hitting even less with this change? (on plate)

But it's ok i can subspec into blood for a little more ap OH wait i can't still need lichborne lol

#16 Nex

Nex
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Moonglade
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:45 PM

o Scourge Strike: Now deals 70% weapon damage, plus 12% of physical damage done as shadow damage for each of the death knight's diseases on the target. The net result should be larger strikes with no diseases present, while maximum damage with all diseases applied to the target should stay the same.

I really just don't get this... are the developers so stupid they think this is in any way, shape or form different than the baseline ability obliterate:
http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=51425

Better just rename ScS "weak ass compy of obliterate" and get it over with.

It's the same fucking ability, only weaker. Then you have to spend talent in the UH tree to make it pass obliterate.... woo fucking hoo, why not just have those talents support obliterate instead and get it over with. It's the same ability, HELLO!!! THE SAME EFFIN' ABILITY!

57 post deletes and a few bans and a few infractions. Keep it up and the punishment will keep coming. The anti-DK shit isn't cool or funny, its just obnoxious. Discuss the topic without being total shitheads please.

#17 hunts

hunts
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:48 PM

these changes seem really, really underwhelming, and if anything more of trade offs than buffs. I really don't see why GC is so afraid to actually give dk's some actual buffs that the class really needs.
Posted Image

#18 jrhowson

jrhowson
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aggramar
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:52 PM

These aren't buffs at all.. for pvp anyway

Dropping either disease, Ghoul, DC, Icy touch for this new glyph off an ability we all ready had.

Solves nothing, can't subspec into blood due to lichborne and the New SS just well wtf is it? won't it be doing less damage on plate? (forgive me if its not my maths is garbage)

• Moderators
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Illidan
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:52 PM

my hysteria/dw spec i'm using just got even more awesome for lulz <3

+4%str and +8% relative oh damage as well as passive buffs? yes please.

#20 Xelithras

Xelithras
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • RBG: 192

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:55 PM

i really hope they are gonna turn glyph of icy touch to a minor glyph? if not thats a kinda huge nerf to DKs once again lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<