Xjum
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:56 PM

It's not elitism.
If I wasn't high rated, these people would have no reason to speak to me.
In reality, they're just attempting to use who ever is high rated.

Isaac Brock said:

Well, I'll go to college and I'll learn some big words and I'll talk real loud, god damn right I'll be heard. You'll remember that guy who said all those big words that he must of learned at college.

Gumz 'n Friends WCM - Gumz 69 Twink Rogue

#23 Moonies

Moonies
  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Dragonmaw
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:58 PM

Lortho said:

anuscream
nice

#24 Mitearidon

Mitearidon
  • Mitearialz
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:00 PM

Vexo said:

I still get rogues asking for help, I don't play the game anymore but I still try to help ;)

your name looked cooler in orange tbh

Son said:

Shadowmourne is fine

Felic said:

All the people against it are just as biased aswell

PROTECT THE ORANGES AT ALL COST!!!

#25 Belligerent

Belligerent
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:00 PM

Xjum said:

It's not elitism.

It's not like you're on AJ to ask other people for help when you're high rated. If you're not gonna help other people, why use 90% of the site?

#26 Thaz

Thaz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/0/1
  • RBG: 2219

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:03 PM

Namakaokahai said:

lol thaz

I <3 the Nama. Nohomo

#27 Lyricalz

Lyricalz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:04 PM

Belligerent said:

It's not like you're on AJ to ask other people for help when you're high rated. If you're not gonna help other people, why use 90% of the site?

This man speaks the truth.
Xfire: Lyricals

#28 Primaris

Primaris
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:05 PM

Xjum said:

It's not elitism.

But by stating this, you're showing elitism. I'm good so thats why people want to come to me so why should I bother? Is that what you tell your future boss when they ask for resumes and why they want you? You only want me cause im good you're using me for my experience.

#29 EMCL

EMCL
  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:06 PM

my greatest satisfaction in this game is the little lvl 1s comin over and saying "omg emcl how do you win in your super duper complex so hard to play comp ?!?!" and me responding with "gtfo noob l2p k no gear all skill"

so you're all crazy

edit: I realize it's the internet. That was sarcasm.

#30 zalae

zalae
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Alleria
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:09 PM

Emcl said:

my greatest satisfaction in this game is the little lvl 1s comin over and saying "omg emcl how do you win in your super duper complex so hard to play comp ?!?!" and me responding with "gtfo noob l2p k no gear all skill"

so you're all crazy

-rep because i don't understand sarcasm you jerk

#31 Thaz

Thaz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Calpurnia said:

Instead of complaining about the lack of strats, why don't you contribute some. Do you really expect us to just create them out of nowhere?

I can try but they wouldn't be great strats seeing how I never have a solid team and tbh you guys would probably laugh and say "you never got glad gtfo". Atleast that's my impression.

#32 Mutechno

Mutechno
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Bilian has time for questions for other people, but everytime he's in durotar and I just want his attention for one second, he can't spare it. DAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

#33 ceiyoan

ceiyoan
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nazgrel
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/0/0/2/0
  • Locationottawa, canada

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:13 PM

Emcl said:

so you're all crazy

lol +rep for the funny :D

@ the OP

I can definitely understand how you feel, although the stereotype is out there, it of course doesn't apply to everyone. Although affx brings up a good post regarding a very lackluster question that lacks any depth as if the person just wants a quick fix for his problem rather than searching a bit where he could easily find his answers.

Of course some of the quite famous wow players get bombarded with whispers and pm's all the time. Although to some of the genuine people asking real questions it probably means a lot that the person he/she is asking has taken a minute or two to write a response.

Slappywag said:

Hey man, Metapod called. He said "harden the fuck up".

Feralswipes said:

its like some1 comes and says they are gonna stab you next time you meet, and instead of bringing a knife to defend urself you bring just your fists and then cry about it when ur dying lol.

we fight/beat glads, relentless glads, brutal glads, wrathful glads every game.  Just because youre good at arenas doesnt mean u know how to bg. -Yajirobí (highest rated RBG player at 66% win/loss)

#34 hoodrych

hoodrych
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

I'm ur fan since I seen ur video in TBC. (gnome kil jaiden server)
I love ur play style, you are my idol.

I play at thailand and high latency 300-500 ms.
and I'm come back to play my warrior when 2 week ago coz busy my work.
I play in bg it good but when play in arena it poor.

1.can u tell some trick about ur rotation after u charge and control ur rage?
2.and do you use Heroic Strike in ur rotation more?

sorry for my noob question and my bad english.
I hope not annoy ur time.
glad to meet u Hoodrych.

#35 Cubeh

Cubeh
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Assassination

Honestly Bilian is one of the last persons i would have thought would make a post like this. And i agree, this kind of mentally really sickness me.

Another thing that annoys me is all these ninja fucks who think they deserve loot more than others. It's really bad on Stormscale EU where most top PvP guilds ninja's loot like theres no tomorrow.

#36 ceiyoan

ceiyoan
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nazgrel
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/0/0/2/0
  • Locationottawa, canada

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:17 PM

^
blackrocks no different. ninjas everywhere =P

Slappywag said:

Hey man, Metapod called. He said "harden the fuck up".

Feralswipes said:

its like some1 comes and says they are gonna stab you next time you meet, and instead of bringing a knife to defend urself you bring just your fists and then cry about it when ur dying lol.

we fight/beat glads, relentless glads, brutal glads, wrathful glads every game.  Just because youre good at arenas doesnt mean u know how to bg. -Yajirobí (highest rated RBG player at 66% win/loss)

#37 Thaz

Thaz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:22 PM

Calpurnia said:

You know what they say about assumptions.

Review the talents section and rethink your post.

So I did and what does the talent section have to do with strategies? Anyhow I go to the strat link and then head to suggest strats and there is a shit ton of strats for all kind of comps. Now let's say I'm new to the site. How would I know how to get to this page?

#38 kaosjr

kaosjr
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:24 PM

From seeing Billian in guild chat and the people he arenas with, this obvious troll is obvious.
lol PVE noobs...

Posted Image

#39 mausmaus1

mausmaus1
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:24 PM

I like Bilian's point here.

I myself am *rather* high rated, meaning I'm higher rated than the vast majority of people that for example watch my stream, but there are still quite a lot of people higher rated than me.

Therefore I try to answer the questions I can regarding my play or whatever in my stream, also if people make a lvl 1 on my server etc., whereas I at the same time would not like being ignored if I asked some higher rated player anything.

It is understandable if the high rated person is busy etc., that he does not have the time to answer the questions, but as Bilian said, an answer can mean the world to the person who's asking.

Here the other day I for example helped out a fellow WLD with a very clean tactic against Beastcleave, which they were having trouble with - I was happy I could help.

+rep to you Bilian, my previous impression of you were that you yourself were an elitisk jerk - you've just proven me wrong.
I often stream awesome stuff at this link, please visit it!

http://hydramist.net...streams/gracle/

Posted Image

#40 inhume

inhume
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:34 PM

affix said:

It sort of depends on the question, though.  In S5/S6, I was getting tells from 20+ people a day I didn't know, forum posts on the mage forum, AJ PMs, etc.  When you get dozens of questions like these, do you really think responding to EVERY one is a good use of time?  Especially questions that can't really be answered helpfully.  As an example:

I get about one of those a day.  Do you really expect me to answer that kind of non-question, every day of my life?  "I don't know how to use my spells.  How do I use my spells?"

I'm fine with answering questions, as long as they're not something that can be easily googled, and as long as they show that they're actually looking for usable information... but that's not what the vast majority of questions are.  It just seems like people want to talk to high rated players, but don't have a legitimate reason to do so, so they disguise their interest with a fake question.

you put out videos, you put out strategies, you've made posts and you've competed in tournaments.  in essence, you became a celebrity so people are going to ask you stupid questions because of who you are.  yes, it's going to be frustrating to answer stupid questions, get annoyed by people who want to talk to a famous person but it's the price you pay for success.  if you don't want to answer/help everybody or get annoyed with stupid questions, accept the fact you have slight elitism and move on.  it's not the end of the world.

the only people who are the true elitist douchebag are the ones who put up the 'gangsta' front and are a general asshole to less rated/less able players

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<