• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:26 PM

POPULAR

I'm really tired of it, it sickens me.

High rated players who feel they're better than everybody else so they don't bother responding to low rated players asking for help on what to do. Do you realize how gratifying it is for someone to sincerely say thank you? It's a great feeling.

Even after the video I made, and bolding text, asking people that if they need any help, do not hesitate to PM me. And yet they're still scared. Or they have to add "please respond" in the PM. Or when they whisper me in game and tell me that they're really surprised I responded to them.

Just because your number is higher in an internet game, doesn't mean your a better person then they are. Please, if you get a little nubby asking for your help, just help them out and answer a few questions, it might mean the world to them.

Please don't continue this stereotype.

Life is Good
Facebook | Bodyspace

#2 Guest_Shizzle_*

Guest_Shizzle_*

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:30 PM

Good post man, would you like positive or negative rep for that?:)

#3 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:31 PM

Pretty sure most elitism is just a put on -- I can't imagine how pathetic someone's life must be if they actually take their WoW ratings as something meaningful.

But then again, that's duelist mentality.

#4 Moonies

Moonies
  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Dragonmaw
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:31 PM

yeah its absolutely retarded, cant stand those people

#5 Arterian

Arterian
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:33 PM

I swear I've had people come to me saying "I was gonna ask Bilian but he seems like an elitist douche from all his posts."

View PostZilea, on 08 October 2011 - 02:36 PM, said:

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

#6 Ahti

Ahti
  • Junkies

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:40 PM

Your avatar is pretty scary, tbh
Posted Image

#7 tafu

tafu
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:42 PM

Agree wholeheartedly.

#8 Belligerent

Belligerent
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:42 PM

People call me a loser and whatnot, but I've responded to every single whisper in game, YouTube PM, AJ PM and forum post on my dumb site i've received. Like Bilian said, people are actually surprised that they get a response.. why? Should I just ignore everyone and fit the stupid elitist stereotype? It seems like giving a crap enough to respond gets you called a retard more often than not.

#9 bIlliAn

bIlliAn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:44 PM

I do apologize to that person for coming off that way, it isn't my intention.

Life is Good
Facebook | Bodyspace

#10 Lortho

Lortho
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:45 PM

Bilian's kind of cool

And yes, such elitists are nothing but douche bags with anuscream in their brains and hearts. Most of the time they're even worse players than others.

I actually met one of these guys today while lvling my druid. He was running around acting all cool with his new fancy WG shoulders and weapon.
I asked him politely where to find a quest item but he refused to answer so I dueled him and putted it in his ass three - four times. Served him well
s3,s5,s6glad. Rocking feral atm

#11 Corre

Corre
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Thrall
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:49 PM

Ahti said:

Your avatar is pretty scary, tbh

What IS his avatar? It's nothing I can recognize.

#12 Arterian

Arterian
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:49 PM

I don't know about you guys, but I've been generalized maybe twice when someone has asked me for help not expecting a response.

Anyways, I don't think anyone should be obligated to answer questions. I keep my inbox empty and have a chat addon downloaded to track whispers so I don't miss anything because I don't mind helping, but I can understand if someone doesn't want to be bothered when they log in to arena or just doesn't want to respond to Messages (20) on their AJ every morning.

View PostZilea, on 08 October 2011 - 02:36 PM, said:

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

#13 Vexo

Vexo
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/2/0/0/2

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:50 PM

I still get rogues asking for help, I don't play the game anymore but I still try to help ;)

#14 Skipt

Skipt
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:51 PM

bIlliAn said:

I'm really tired of it, it sickens me.

High rated players who feel they're better than everybody else so they don't bother responding to low rated players asking for help on what to do. Do you realize how gratifying it is for someone to sincerely say thank you? It's a great feeling.

Even after the video I made, and bolding text, asking people that if they need any help, do not hesitate to PM me. And yet they're still scared. Or they have to add "please respond" in the PM. Or when they whisper me in game and tell me that they're really surprised I responded to them.

Just because your number is higher in an internet game, doesn't mean your a better person then they are. Please, if you get a little nubby asking for your help, just help them out and answer a few questions, it might mean the world to them.

Please don't continue this stereotype.

i tried whispering u for a ginvite a few times but no response! DF

#15 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:52 PM

It sort of depends on the question, though.  In S5/S6, I was getting tells from 20+ people a day I didn't know, forum posts on the mage forum, AJ PMs, etc.  When you get dozens of questions like these, do you really think responding to EVERY one is a good use of time?  Especially questions that can't really be answered helpfully.  As an example:

Hey affix, You're probably the on mage I'm always trying to follow.

But I always seem to have problems PvPing
[Armory Link]

That is my mage, I am constantly dueling but I feel like I'm playing one of those arcade games where I just spam random buttons.

I don't know when to spellsteal, when to nova, when to trinket, when to deep freeze when to blink, I never know when to correctly use my CD's.

I've seen people mana shield? all of this really makes me a poor mage, I rarely can kill anyone above bad.
I get about one of those a day.  Do you really expect me to answer that kind of non-question, every day of my life?  "I don't know how to use my spells.  How do I use my spells?"

I'm fine with answering questions, as long as they're not something that can be easily googled, and as long as they show that they're actually looking for usable information... but that's not what the vast majority of questions are.  It just seems like people want to talk to high rated players, but don't have a legitimate reason to do so, so they disguise their interest with a fake question.

#16 Thaz

Thaz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/0/1
  • RBG: 2219

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:53 PM

I agree completely. I'm not amazing never claim to be but I will still help someone out with some of the knowledge I have. I still get access to this site cause I break the dumb 2400 barrier. Only to come on and see a 2500 rated player call a 2400 rated player bad. Why? This site use to be really good to learn about your classes pvp abilities now it's just a epeen show. If there was a better site I would never come back to aj but there isn't. Tbh I blame aj. I haven't seen a 3v3 strat on this site since s4. Videos with commentary is the best you can get atm. This site has really gone downhill from my prospective. You would figure since the community is EXTREMELY small that people would be willing to help others. But in reality it seems everyone wants to say that they are better than everyone else. It just sad that it has come to this.

#17 Ticked

Ticked
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:53 PM

If you guys can break this stereotype, that would be awesome. I've definitely felt a lot more pressure talking to someone who may be more experienced than I am in arena simply because of their ratings/titles etc, even if they may be exactly like me. Good post, Bilian.

#18 Mitearidon

Mitearidon
  • Mitearialz
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:55 PM

nice post billian. didn't know this side of you :O

Son said:

Shadowmourne is fine

Felic said:

All the people against it are just as biased aswell

PROTECT THE ORANGES AT ALL COST!!!

#19 Namakaokahai

Namakaokahai
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:56 PM

Thaz said:

I agree completely. I'm not amazing never claim to be but I will still help someone out with some of knowledge I have. I still get access to this site cause I break the dumb 2400 barrier. Only to come on and see a 2500 rated player call a 2400 rated player bad. Why? This site use to be really good to learn about your classes pvp abilities now it's just a epeen show. If there was a better site I would never come back to aj but there isn't. Tbh I blame aj. I haven't seen a 3v3 strat on this site since s4. Videos with commentary is the best you can get atm. This site has really gone downhill from my prospective. You would figure since the community is EXTREMELY small that people would be willing to help others. But in reality it seems everyone wants to say that they are better than everyone else. It just sad that it has come to this.

lol thaz

#20 zalae

zalae
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Alleria
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:56 PM

While it's nice of you to help others and even more nice to encourage others to help others, I don't think this is a fair post to the high rated elitists.

It's not fair to assume that the reason these high rated elitists don't always help other people out is that the high rated elitists think they're better than the other people. What I consider to be a perfectly valid alternate explanation of said behavior is that people have a limited time on this planet and they are mostly free to do with it what they wish so long as they aren't harming others. Sometimes said high rated elitists prefer to do other things than answer the questions of random people.

Nothing wrong with asking for help, nothing wrong with denying said requests.

As a mage I find nothing more frustrating than people who become rude when I decline their request to portal them, a very similar situation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<