#1 Krebosh

Krebosh
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:16 AM

Ok, was bored so looking around various pages for class statistics early s8. This would be what I came up with.

Note: Some of the statistics are really redundant and some are just based on my own perception of things. I just looked up a bunch on different stuff on sites which tracks those things. I tried to not draw too many conclusions about it but rather point out some interesting tendencies. Take it for what it is. Some stuff is hardly news either.

Realm History: Percentage of players above 2k
http://www.realmhist...-breakdown.html
1. Paladin 15%
2. Priest 14%
3. Shaman 12%
4. Rogue 10%
5. Warrior 10%
6. Druid 9%
7. Warlock 9%
8. Mage 8%
9. Hunter 7%
10. DK 6%

Realm History: Percentage of players above 2.2k
http://www.realmhist...-breakdown.html
1. Paladin 15%
2. Shaman 14%
3. Priest 14%
4. Warrior 10%
5. Warlock 10%
6. Rogue 10%
7. Druid 8%
8. Mage 8%
9. Hunter 6%
10. DK 5%

SK-100 most popular setups
http://www.sk-gaming...ll/all/all/all/
RLS: 9%
RMP: 9%
Pal/Sham/Hun: 8%
TSG: 5%
Sham/Lock/Dru: 5%
PHD: 5%
War/Pal/Dru: 4%
War/Pal/Pri: 4%
5 Pala teams
3 Warrior teams
3 Shaman teams
2 DK teams
2 Hunter teams
2 Rogue teams
2 Druid team
2 Warlock teams
2 Priest teams
1 Mage team

AJ Top 100 3v3 teams
http://www.arenajunk...m/rankings/3v3/
48 Paladins
47 Shamans
42 Locks
36 Priests
33 Warriors
31 Druids
26 Rogues
25 Mages
25 Hunters
13 DKs
This adds up to 326 in total, it should be 300. I assume this means teams with more than 3players in the team got all players counted. Shouldn't affect the statistics that much.

Amount of teams per class at 2550+ rating (some classes had 100+ teams at 2500+ rating so I went with 2550 instead)
http://www.arenajunk...ings/3v3/<class name>
81 Paladin teams
78 Shaman teams
70 Warlock teams
59 Priest teams
48 Warrior teams
45 Rogue teams
41 Hunter teams
40 Mage teams
37 Druid teams
22 DK teams

Amount of teams per class at 2700+ rating (very small sample size I know)
http://www.arenajunk...ings/3v3/<class name>
16 Warlock teams (!!)
12 Shaman teams
10 Paladin teams
9 Rogue teams
8 Priest teams
8 Mage teams
8 Druid teams
7 Warrior teams
5 Hunter teams
5 DK teams

Generally common comps (glanced at top 25ish per class to try and see a pattern)
Warlock: RL/Healer, mostly RLS. Lock/Ele/Healer or Lock/Mage/Healer, Lock/RDruid/X
Shaman: RLS, Resto caster cleave or Ele caster cleave. Not many beast cleave at all actually. Highest Enh at 2696.
Paladin: Pal/Hun/Dps, Pala caster cleave or Pal/War/(Healer or Dps)
Rogue: RMP, RLS
Priest: RMP, caster cleave or 2xHealer
Mage: RMP or caster cleave
Druid: Dru/Lock/Pretty much anything. Dru/War/X too.
Warrior: A bit of everything. War/Caster/Healer, TSG, 2xHealer
Hunter: PHD, or just Hun/Pal/something. Highest hunter without a paladin at 2637 rating
DK: Rofl. Zero diversity. It's all DK/Pal+(War/Hun)

General comments:
-Shamans very high representation all across the board can be discussed since they have three very viable specs. The specs alone don't seem to be overpowered but gives the class a very high represenation.
-Druids being low in overall representation because of the lack viable dps spec? Buffing feral/boomkin would fix that?
-Mages/Rogues/Warriors/Priests seems to have overall very well balanced representation. Mage maybe slightly below average and priest slightly above.
-Melee cleaves or 2xHealer generally weren't all that common. Most common was still melee/caster/healer followed by various caster cleaves and melee/hunter/healer.

-Healers:
-Paladins seem to be the overall best healer. Followed by priests and then druids. Where shamans place I'm not sure since theres so many ele/enh shamans around but I'd guess between priests and druids somewhere.
-Paladins fits in pretty much all type of comps (melee cleave, caster cleave, melee/caster/pala, 2xHeal, hunter teams).
-Druids being kind of dependant on playing with a warlock?
-Priests and Shamans playing with strong peeling classes (Rogue, Mage, Warlock).

Dps:
-Warlocks!! Warlocks steadily gained more and more representation the higher in rating I went. Are Warlocks overpowered played on extremely high levels? Are they maybe hard to play to their full potential, but deadly if played right?
-All the community's whine about the lovely classes warriors and hunters seems unjustified. If anything, hunters have overall below average representation all across the board. Buff hunters lol?
-DKs need some kind of help.
-Hunters, Warriors and DKs seem to all be carried by Paladin healers (hunters and DKs mostly). What would happen to those classes if Paladins got nerfed?
-Rogue teams seem to have gone under the radar for most whine when they are still strong. At least on par with warriors and hunters.
-Ele seems to be the best "off spec". Saw a bunch of rets/enh's/sp's too. Hardly any ferals and zero boomkins. And I think I say a total of 1 prot warrior.

#2 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:17 AM

-Druids being low in overall representation because of the lack viable dps spec? Buffing feral/boomkin would fix that?

When a healing classes representation in pvp is low, it has historically been due to the healing spec of that class being poor in comparison to other healers, not due to the dps specs.

Interesting statistics, but it has to be skewed for a variety of reasons.  Some comps will rise in rating higher, faster, for example.   The ones with faster games and that have been viable for longer periods will routinely hit higher ratings faster, but not necessarily hold them.

#3 Danishz

Danishz

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:21 AM

Maybe, but look at the other healers, shamans have 3 viable DPS/Healer specs for arena, priests have 2, paladins have 3, druids have 1. I'm not saying druids are overpowered are over/underepresented, but you can't blame it all on their status in the healer hierarchy

EDIT: You also need to consider the population of X class, if druids make up 1% of the WoW population and paladins make up 40% or whatever, you'll obviously see disparity

#4 Scoopness

Scoopness
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Combat
  • RBG: 2326

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:23 AM

Krebosh said:

-All the community's whine about the lovely classes warriors and hunters seems unjustified. If anything, hunters have overall below average representation all across the board. Buff hunters lol?

This just goes to show statistics are almost no indicator of game balance and you are a moron to post a comment like this.

#5 liz

liz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Wrathbringer
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:31 AM

my conclusion:
-warriors are fine, l2p

#6 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:31 AM

Danishz said:

druids have 1

I definitely run into boomkins and ferals, so I strongly disagree.  They're just not as common as rets and ele shaman.

And I can't think of any point in arena history where hunters weren't below-average in representation, including S5.  It's a terrible indicator of class strength.

#7 Schmeiser

Schmeiser
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:47 AM

Dps:
-Warlocks!! Warlocks steadily gained more and more representation the higher in rating I went. Are Warlocks overpowered played on extremely high levels? Are they maybe hard to play to their full potential, but deadly if played right?

I would dare to say they are more OP then they ever were, RLS is piss easy to play now, so even the worse locks are going up in rating, basically locks are OP, rls is even more OP thats why there is so many RLS around this season
[16:09] maajty: wlp was the strongest setup
[16:09] maajty: after lsd

RPS 2.2k hero talking about s8

#8 Bulrug

Bulrug
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:49 AM

very good post. Its still early and the sample size is very small so its not 100% accurate yet, BUT, it still gives us a very good indication about class/comp strength. Puts to light all those idiots who talk about how ridiculous hunters are even though our rep sucks and we only really work with paladins (inc downvotes from mages/rogues/priests)

#9 Myhra

Myhra
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:03 PM

Hunter representation is fine, we don't need buffs or anything, but fixes for many crucial bugs.

#10 jrhowson

jrhowson
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aggramar
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:11 PM

Do many people just not play hunters at all or something?? i have no idea why they are so low all the time even when they are great (and yes they are op). But anyway Prot wasn't "that" well represented before but it was still retarded, you can't simply say "pve warriors and Hunters are fine" because of rep.

Some classes reliance on Paladin healers is rather worrying though..

#11 jrhowson

jrhowson
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aggramar
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:13 PM

liz said:

my conclusion:
-warriors are fine, l2p

Eh they have joint top rep over 2k and 2.2k for a dps class..

#12 Nînn1296679912

Nînn1296679912
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:15 PM

buff DKs :(

#13 imbah

imbah
  • Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:10 PM

hunters had low rep in s5 too, did u want to buff them then?

#14 phantom315

phantom315
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:20 PM

jrhowson said:

Do many people just not play hunters at all or something?? i have no idea why they are so low all the time even when they are great (and yes they are op). But anyway Prot wasn't "that" well represented before but it was still retarded, you can't simply say "pve warriors and Hunters are fine" because of rep.

Some classes reliance on Paladin healers is rather worrying though..

hunters are low on representation for two reasons being skill and one other reason:

#1) hunters are a micromanaging class which takes some sort of skill even though macros are viable.  

#2) hunters need to be played at 100%.  they can NEVER be in a bad spot because they will either get los'd or will get gibbed. disengage is not that op.

#3) everyone has this mental thing where "hunters take no skill" so everyone just turns away from the class when in all reality they are one of the classes that takes a lot of skill to play.
Posted Image

#15 bighandxyz

bighandxyz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Blood 0/2/0/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2041

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:35 PM

Its the second week, some teams take forever to get rating up.

I've been playing alot last week, and I am still at 2300s.

#16 Housington

Housington
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:47 PM

make same statistics in two weeks and we'll talk

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 jrhowson

jrhowson
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aggramar
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:09 PM

Yeah when warriors have shadowmourne and hunters tier 2 weap :rolleyes:

#18 Wardeath

Wardeath
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:33 PM

Warlocks are just viable with a lot of classes when played to full potential.  Any type of Destro wizard cleave, any type of UA wizard cleave, RLS and WLD are all rank 1 viable comps easily.

As you said warriors, hunters, dks for instance usually pair with paladins, where as look a warlock can pair with any of the 4 healers and still do just fine.

Could Priest/warrior/dk get high in the ranks, sure it could, but as you said, switch out the priest for a paladin and you'll do much better (plus I highly doubt priest/warrior/dk could be rank 1 viable)

#19 Arterian

Arterian
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:36 PM

imbah said:

hunters had low rep in s5 too, did u want to buff them then?

some hunters thought they needed buffs in s5

View PostZilea, on 08 October 2011 - 02:36 PM, said:

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

#20 Danishz

Danishz

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:47 PM

Out of curiousity Art, what are all the comps your team runs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<