#21 Celnathor

Celnathor
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:27 PM

As long as you have your "twitch" keys and standard play keys keybound, should not be a big problem.

I think this sums it up pretty well. There's a lot of stuff that will handicap you if you try and click it, but there's some stuff you can get away with clicking.

Pretty much anything you plan on using while in melee/on the move, or that needs to be used in a "twitch"/reflexive scenario needs to be keybound.

#22 Vexo

Vexo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/2/0/0/2

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:11 PM

Clicker is a good clicker (belf pally on tich played for CLC)

#23 aimlessgun

aimlessgun
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Icecrown
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:47 AM

Most people have a few things they click. But in most cases not keybinding at all or keybinding in a very limited manner are bad, because there are things you simply cannot do as quickly. Yes, there is a GCD, but that doesn't apply to everything you use (trinkets for example), and a Warlock absolutely must keybind, because clicking when you have a pet on a separate GCD is completely retarded.

#24 Final

Final

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:56 AM

Most people have a few things they click. But in most cases not keybinding at all or keybinding in a very limited manner are bad, because there are things you simply cannot do as quickly. Yes, there is a GCD, but that doesn't apply to everything you use (trinkets for example), and a Warlock absolutely must keybind, because clicking when you have a pet on a separate GCD is completely retarded.

I do enjoy these warlocks. 1500-1600s ftw.

#25 hellenkeller

hellenkeller

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:57 AM

I've clicked for 3 years now on my warrior, I use keybinds on my druid. I like clicking more on the warr, dunno why. Everything that goes together is spaced close together and I can click my buttons without looking at what I'm clicking + I mouse turn if I'm rooted or immobilized and need to do so.

I win expert minesweeper in 99 seconds my clicking abilities are TOPNOTCH
out of retirement ready to pwn

#26 aimlessgun

aimlessgun
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Icecrown
  • Nightfall

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:05 AM

I've clicked for 3 years now on my warrior, I use keybinds on my druid. I like clicking more on the warr, dunno why. Everything that goes together is spaced close together and I can click my buttons without looking at what I'm clicking + I mouse turn if I'm rooted or immobilized and need to do so.

I win expert minesweeper in 99 seconds my clicking abilities are TOPNOTCH

99s expert minesweeper is pretty darn good. I think that definitely gives you a right to be a clicker :)

I guess warriors generally have fewer buttons to hit than many classes. I think it's 24 buttons I have to use on a regular or semi-regular basis for my Warlock.

#27 hellenkeller

hellenkeller

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:20 AM

99s expert minesweeper is pretty darn good. I think that definitely gives you a right to be a clicker :)

I guess warriors generally have fewer buttons to hit than many classes. I think it's 24 buttons I have to use on a regular or semi-regular basis for my Warlock.

holy balls @ your 3v3 rating, grats. I've played thorrior in 2s before but obviously have never seen you guys in 3s
I can only do a couple things while GCD is happening so its easy to click those things depending on the situation, and yea warrior is low on the skill spectrum. I couldnt click on my druid too many target switches and different abilities.

#28 Kcolraw

Kcolraw
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:25 AM

wtf is wrong with clicking to target, if you have everything else bound anyway

#29 Krandoth

Krandoth
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Dark Iron
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:16 AM

Intercept, charge, spell reflect, shield block, bloodrage, trinket are all off GCD.
See that lonely cloud? Let's give him a friend.

#30 hellenkeller

hellenkeller

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:46 AM

Intercept, charge, spell reflect, shield block, bloodrage, trinket are all off GCD.

Only spellreflect takes bigboy reflexes. Charge is dependent on other things, intercept is 15 sec CD, shield block is only used in D stance where the other things to click are limited, bloodrage every minute, trinket every 2. Can click everything except spellreflect with no suffering of your performance because there is never a surprise in arena where you don't know what abilities to use, except for SR because it is dependent on what the other team does.

#31 Kcolraw

Kcolraw
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:59 AM

if you are clicking, you are keyboard turning, and keyboard turning is bad

and you only play 2's seriously hellen, with a pve geared shaman too, on nightfall

i'm not trolling

#32 yoyoyoyo

yoyoyoyo
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:51 PM

bottom line is you NEED to hotkey your real important abilities that you may want to cast while swinging your character around with mouse.

you can get by with not hotkeying anything else, but why?
yoyoyoyoyoyoyoyo

#33 yoyoyoyo

yoyoyoyo
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:52 PM

bottom line is you NEED to hotkey your real important abilities that you may want to cast while swinging your character around with mouse.

you can get by with not hotkeying anything else, but why?
yoyoyoyoyoyoyoyo

#34 Keldron

Keldron
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dragonmaw
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:47 AM

I click some of my abilities and i am doing just fine. In all i have 9 keybinds. I must say paladins dont really 'need' to have that fast reaction speed for any other abilities. Drink, anti pet spells, etc.

Saying that, on the TTR im playing a druid and i have maybe triple that number, simplay because they have alot more abilities needed for the arena.

#35 Snuffy

Snuffy
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:28 AM

no matter how good you as a clicker, hotkeying will only improve you.

#36 Rual

Rual
  • Members

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:38 PM

i bind everything myself but a lock named "Warimi" on my server is a clicker and is #2 in 2s on our bg soon to plolly be #1 again... he is a wicked player overall and he CLICKS wtf!!! ~_~

#37 Conviction

Conviction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Demonology
  • RBG: 2180

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:01 PM

He wishes^ =)

#38 Loleeta

Loleeta
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:07 PM

While clicking can be debatable, keyboard turning is not, and since excessive use of clicking results in the latter, I can't imagine how someone can not have his important stuff bound. However at some point you really really run out of hotkeys (at least for the classes I play), so I'd rather click on proximo rather bind something to some ridiculous key like F9 or J or so (sorry my left hand is of finite size). Oh and I click party frames (or use mouseover macros but that involves moving mouse as well) when playing on my healing alts as well... I don't think it ends up slower than targeting with a really uncomfortable key (yeah the default f2-f5 have been remaped ages ago to other important stuff)

#39 Crimm

Crimm
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:31 PM

I have a whole 5 abilitys binded, everything else is clicked and i've managed 2k all brackets if that means anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<