Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:37. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo
- - - - -

[Heroes of Newerth] Deadly lane combo

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#41 Crackslapper

Crackslapper
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:25 AM

anything with me in it

#42 That'dBeMe

That'dBeMe
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Deathwing
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 28 February 2010 - 03:50 AM

theres so much aids in this thread
Posted Image
Spoiler

#43 Funkeii

Funkeii
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 28 February 2010 - 03:20 PM

Tempest + Magmus <3

#44 Fazzmania

Fazzmania
  • Premium
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Aman'Thul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:40 PM

>implying tempest isn't in the jungle

?

#45 klorzan

klorzan
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Frostwolf
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:10 PM

soulstealer
Spoiler

#46 Steef

Steef
  • Steef
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:32 AM

barnuck here.

best combo's are:

babysitter/carry, e.g. demented+zephyr
double stun, e.g. magmus+pyro

for pubstumps you can:
double melee hammer/pebbles. +points if your teammate is glacius
cc/slow + swiftblade, e.g. swiftblade+glacius

obviously you usually have 1 level dependant mid, 2 roamers/semi-roamers long and baby/carry short. So this thread is silly because you shouldn't pick heroes just to have awesome lanes, only to end up with swiftblade/slither/arachna/magmus/pyro or some shitty comp like that

good example: magmus/pyro longlane. zephyr/demented shortlane. tb mid

But hey, I'm barnuck so my vouch goes to : scout/NH mid. vindicator jungle. demented short, sand wraith long

#47 Snuffy

Snuffy
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:04 PM

shut up you're bad
Posted Image

#48 Final

Final

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:43 AM

So this thread is silly because you shouldn't pick heroes just to have awesome lanes, only to end up with swiftblade/slither/arachna/magmus/pyro or some shitty comp like that

good example: magmus/pyro longlane. zephyr/demented shortlane. tb mid

Are you really that stupid? swiftblade/slither/arachna/magmus/pyro would be an excllent team although you would probably have PR instead of slither, but SB/Arachna can both carry you have an excellent initiator in magmus and pyro/PR(Slither) to clean up/create more damage.

Your "good example" is the worst example I've ever seen. The side lanes are good, but tb mid? Are you serious? Tb is like the worst character in the game aside from rampage.

#49 qlimax

qlimax
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2353

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:05 AM

You actually can though, almost at least, if whoever you're laning vs gets overconfident and tries to go for you because you're getting a bit low or whatever you just throw up a fire shield > offensive cauterize > judgement and take off quite a bit of health, possibly enough to kill someone.

No one is going to be anywhere near the judgement.

#50 Canas!

Canas!
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Hellscream
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:28 PM

If it's a melee hero like madman or chronos then yeah they are?

3.2 Warriors are worst class in the game for 3v3.

#51 Final

Final

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:52 AM

I had a fun combo with Jera/nymph. Anytime the other melee hero would get close to a creep to kill it I'd heal it and have unlimited mana via nymph and decent harass.

#52 Toyotacamry

Toyotacamry
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:22 AM

nymph zephyr is so good
Spoiler

Posted Image

#53 Crackslapper

Crackslapper
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:52 AM

it really isn't ??

#54 Zoltån

Zoltån
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:31 AM

I had a fun combo with Jera/nymph. Anytime the other melee hero would get close to a creep to kill it I'd heal it and have unlimited mana via nymph and decent harass.

thats such a bad lane... nymph is a babysitter and jere can babysit pretty good as well and its better to keep them seperated and put nymph with a hard carry for tons of last hits and shit
Spoiler

Drug and Pharmaceuticals expert Zoltang will uncover this mystery

Zoltang #1 rogue and #1 raver

#55 Final

Final

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:40 AM

thats such a bad lane... nymph is a babysitter and jere can babysit pretty good as well and its better to keep them seperated and put nymph with a hard carry for tons of last hits and shit

Yeah man you're so smart.

#56 Toyotacamry

Toyotacamry
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:19 PM

it really isn't ??

nymph zephyr is essentially double healer, rank 3 gust into a pod/tower scores you a kill or at least makes them go heal
Spoiler

Posted Image

#57 Crackslapper

Crackslapper
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:27 AM

You're never going to be at your tower with a zeph/nymph lane for one, zephyr stun isn't long enough for them to stay in the pod heal, and you don't need a double healer lane especially when zephyr can't heal the squishy hero, zephyr doesn't need a healer, zephyr doesn't need the mana spam especially for a somewhat difficult stun to land.

#58 Steef

Steef
  • Steef
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:11 PM

Are you really that stupid? swiftblade/slither/arachna/magmus/pyro would be an excllent team although you would probably have PR instead of slither, but SB/Arachna can both carry you have an excellent initiator in magmus and pyro/PR(Slither) to clean up/create more damage.

Your "good example" is the worst example I've ever seen. The side lanes are good, but tb mid? Are you serious? Tb is like the worst character in the game aside from rampage.

This is a pushteam. Not a "carry farms for 30min and 4shots people" team. TB isn't bad in pushteams, though you could switch him for hellbringer I suppose.

Arachna is not a carry. Never was and never will be. And even if she was a carry she'd still be bad and die in a stun. Swiftbringer teaming up with arachna means 1 of them doesn't get enough gold. Teaming up with slither could work, but is far from ideal and they'd likely get out-harrassed.

posts above: let nymphora stackpull the neutralcamp at shortlane. Nymph, not zephyr, because his allied creeps won't be deniable then.

#59 Final

Final

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:46 AM

Arachna is not a carry. Never was and never will be. And even if she was a carry she'd still be bad and die in a stun. Swiftbringer teaming up with arachna means 1 of them doesn't get enough gold. Teaming up with slither could work, but is far from ideal and they'd likely get out-harrassed.

I legitimately can't tell if you're being serious. Everything about this is wrong. Arachna is most definitely a carry. Here is the first Arachna video I could find surprise surprise Arachna is carrying with Magebane: http://hon.esportmed...ls-whpx6-vs-myu

Swiftbringer? I think you mean swiftblade. Because if you put Arachna in mid, pyro/magmus on the far lane(considered one of the best lanes in the game if not the best) then slither/swiftblade on the close lane which can easily change the slither nuke into a spin for easy kills. I was looking for an example of a slither/swiftblade lane but I couldn't find a time in 2 pages of Honcast where Slither and Swiftblade were on the same team, but I know I've seen it and you can see where in theory it would work easily. Also you mention slither getting out harassed. I don't think that is possible.

#60 Snuffy

Snuffy
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:49 AM

how is arachna not a carry?

arachna is a carry, just a fuckin terrible one, and a butchered version of my beloved viper
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users