Jump to content

Vote for the Best Mage in the US!


  • Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#61 Syia

Syia
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 527
  • Talents: Arcane
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 12 February 2010 - 10:23 PM

pookz #1

#62 trickylol

trickylol
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Anub'arak
  • Whirlwind
  • Posts: 256
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 12 February 2010 - 10:33 PM

Abn has pulled off some crazy shit here on stormstrike. Personally against my team in 2s and 3s. So many clutch blinks as soon as the pillar goes up for a full evocate or drink. Sigh.

#63 Ampd

Ampd
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 839
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 12 February 2010 - 10:43 PM

He cost his team a game cuz he didnt block against my Spriest/DK/HPala, wasn't even a like huge burst.. He is prolly best mage on Stormstrike and is def solid although that doesnt say much. Anyways these lists are laughable because there is absolutely no way to make an objective choice. Should just make it "vote for player with the biggest bandwagon." That being said you cant atleast tell what tier a player is in, just not where they are in that tier.

#64 Mikelsonlol

Mikelsonlol

Posted 12 February 2010 - 10:56 PM

Affix should be up there for sure over Vidra who only became something in s6. Also how can u even compare vidra to venruki/houndus/affix they are all far superior. Not trying to bash vidra he's gotten a lot better.

#65 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1740
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 12 February 2010 - 10:56 PM

Ampd said:

He cost his team a game cuz he didnt block against my Spriest/DK/HPala, wasn't even a like huge burst.. He is prolly best mage on Stormstrike and is def solid although that doesnt say much. Anyways these lists are laughable because there is absolutely no way to make an objective choice. Should just make it "vote for player with the biggest bandwagon." That being said you cant atleast tell what tier a player is in, just not where they are in that tier.

I've played against all of them, it's not impossible to make an objective choice :D

#66 Coniption

Coniption
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Posts: 594
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 12 February 2010 - 10:59 PM

Lipstickx best mage in the world.

#67 Ampd

Ampd
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 839
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:06 PM

Nadagast said:

I've played against all of them, it's not impossible to make an objective choice :D

In your case that is true... however that does not apply to > 95% of the people reading/voting.

#68 Guest_trance_*

Guest_trance_*

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:52 PM

On the topic of Vidra vs Vileroze,

Lets compare their 3s teams and their records vs 2 of the top teams right now:

Vidra's Team:
A New Chop Blackrock 9 3 75.00%
The Latin Man Blackrock 6 3 66.67%

Vileroze's Team:
A New Chop Blackrock 4 13 23.53%
The Latin Man Blackrock 1 2 33.33%

Vileroze's team has the capability of running any comp they want with their roster.


Other reasons I didn't favor Affix and Lipstick over others on the list:

Affix:
Back in Season 5 when Affix's RMP was the #1 RMP on BG9, a transfer team from Cyclone named "Holy Play" came and farmed his RMP for the Deadly Gladiator title on BG9.

That team, "Holy Play", was a team that fled Cyclone because they were getting beat by "mediocre teams from a random BG". One of those mediocre teams, was my RMP from boulderfist of complete randoms I met on the server. We had a 75% win-ratio vs Holy Play and made them quit queuing whenever they were trying to farm rating.

If my RMP from Boulderist(Our mage was 1st time gladiator that season) was destroying the team that Affix fed to Deadly Gladiator...

I'm not sure what strategy you that season, but focus training the Ret Paladin and sheeping the priest while the Paladin was stun-locked... Would have won you the matches.

Lipstick:
I've known Lipstick awhile and many of the teams from Blizzard TR were not that impressed with him.. His team was the team that stayed up all night farming 1-2 point teams, then gave all their points to the good teams when they logged in.


Affix and Lipstick were the next 2 in line for the list, I just felt they didn't deserve to be there over the other 5.

#69 Nabla

Nabla
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 301
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:18 AM

trance said:

Affix:
Back in Season 5 when Affix's RMP was the #1 RMP on BG9, a transfer team from Cyclone named "Holy Play" came and farmed his RMP for the Deadly Gladiator title on BG9.

That team, "Holy Play", was a team that fled Cyclone because they were getting beat by "mediocre teams from a random BG". One of those mediocre teams, was my RMP from boulderfist of complete randoms I met on the server. We had a 75% win-ratio vs Holy Play and made them quit queuing whenever they were trying to farm rating.

If my RMP from Boulderist(Our mage was 1st time gladiator that season) was destroying the team that Affix fed to Deadly Gladiator...

That is rly some srs argumentation.
Posted Image

Posted Image


#70 Ampd

Ampd
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 839
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:23 AM

Still dont see how Abn is better than either one of em.

#71 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1502
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:31 AM

consider how painful it would be telegraphing all ur counterspells from austrailia to la before u vote plz

#72 Submerge

Submerge
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 123
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:40 AM

Vidra for US, Orangemarmalade for world best

#73 Dirtydawg

Dirtydawg
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 678
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:51 AM

lol @ trancey comparing 3's when vidra face rolls and vileroze is actually good.

regardless of who should be on this list or w/e. one thing is for certain vidra should not be on. vidra is a pretty average mage (maybe a tiny bit better, ill give him that). but besides that the only reason people think hes above average is because he constantly brown noses on actually good people.

he was nothing before he came to realize that he can spam frost bolt + blanket healers to get R1 in 5's, and to do nearly the same in 3's with wiz cleave.

he's released several videos, both in which you can see spam frostbolting and not much else.

There could have been a hundred better choices for this vote, and vidra was probably the worst you could have chosen. but the others are good =D

#74 Vilerose

Vilerose
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Posts: 1228
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 770

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:54 AM

trance said:

On the topic of Vidra vs Vileroze,

Lets compare their 3s teams and their records vs 2 of the top teams right now:

Vidra's Team:
A New Chop Blackrock 9 3 75.00%
The Latin Man Blackrock 6 3 66.67%

Vileroze's Team:
A New Chop Blackrock 4 13 23.53%
The Latin Man Blackrock 1 2 33.33%

Vileroze's team has the capability of running any comp they want with their roster.
I don't even want to be included in your poll.

But cherry-picking "evidence" to confirm your decisions? LOL
Do you even know how statistics work?

Spoiler
And FYI, we don't play to countercomp with our team; we queue with whatever we have available.
If we really cared about our rating, we wouldn't play RMP and RLS (certainly not exceptional comps, even with a geared rogue, on 9).

#75 Redefined

Redefined
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 1008
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2196
  • 3v3: 2365
  • RBG: 1924
  • LocationMississauga, Ontario, Canada

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:55 AM

Deathless said:

lol @ trancey comparing 3's when vidra face rolls and vileroze is actually good.

regardless of who should be on this list or w/e. one thing is for certain vidra should not be on. vidra is a pretty average mage (maybe a tiny bit better, ill give him that). but besides that the only reason people think hes above average is because he constantly brown noses on actually good people.

he was nothing before he came to realize that he can spam frost bolt + blanket healers to get R1 in 5's, and to do nearly the same in 3's with wiz cleave.

he's released several videos, both in which you can see spam frostbolting and not much else.

There could have been a hundred better choices for this vote, and vidra was probably the worst you could have chosen. but the others are good =D

<3
------------------------------

Kzrs said:

I've never seen Redefined post anything dumb. +1

View PostXandyn, on 27 May 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

best Rogue on US

#76 Rlthug

Rlthug
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 170
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:57 AM

Vilerose said:

I don't even want to be included in your poll.

But cherry-picking "evidence" to confirm your decisions? LOL
Do you even know how statistics work?

If you must know, we chain queued into A New Chop as RMP with Girlicious when Girlicious had 189dps weapons and furious mainset pieces.

Hmm, maybe you aren't a complete moron.

Perhaps in th near future, we can strive to no longer be mortal enemies.

Vidra said:

i ss everything. have about 4000 in my folder.

#77 Athlete

Athlete
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 472
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2167
  • 5v5: 862
  • RBG: 2364

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:59 AM

trance said:

2)On-top of that, one of his 5FX teammate's said he wasn't a "Best Mage" quality candidate.

there's no way this can be true
Posted Image

#78 Vilerose

Vilerose
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Posts: 1228
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 770

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:00 AM

Rlthug said:

Hmm, maybe you aren't a complete moron.

Perhaps in th near future, we can strive to no longer be mortal enemies.
agreed :D

#79 Redefined

Redefined
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 1008
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2196
  • 3v3: 2365
  • RBG: 1924
  • LocationMississauga, Ontario, Canada

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:02 AM

Athlete said:

there's no way this can be true

I was going to say, I didn't think you guys would say that about him, lol...
------------------------------

Kzrs said:

I've never seen Redefined post anything dumb. +1

View PostXandyn, on 27 May 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

best Rogue on US

#80 pomponius

pomponius
  • Posts: 693

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:05 AM

revert #1




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<