• Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1584
  • RBG: 384

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:04 AM

Disc Survivability is fine, it's just not fun playing an offensive healer in an environment thriving with teams that don't allow you to do so. The other offensive healer, Shamans, have some of the most outrageous healing output in the game, where Priests have... uh... Holy Fire and Mana Burn? Not saying Shamans are stronger than Disc Priests by any stretch, but when every other team is a cleaving zerg comp, Priests become the worst healers in the game whether they're being focused or not.

So far, this season, there are much less of those types of teams than last (at least on my Battlegroup,) which makes Disc feel strong and fun to play.

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

#42 Kelberot

Kelberot
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1663
  • 3v3: 1992
  • 5v5: 959
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationRio de Janeiro

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:08 AM

I get scared when I face 2100 prot warriors, but I just collect an easy win when I face even the 2500s shadow priests. My winning score vs prot is pretty good, 3-3 vs draek's team which was (sadly) the best one on ruin, so I think I knew what I was doing - our wins lasted about 6 mins and our losses lasted about 30 seconds... gg mages getting global'd and there's having absolutely nothing you can do about it.

I don't usually lose to shadow priests, specially inferior ones, but I did lose to a much worse prot warrior.

So no, I don't think you can say the same thing, but oh well. Maybe you're right, maybe shadow priests are just overpowered.

yeah most people didnt know how to beat dks in s5 being a new class and all

so shadow priest s8 is the same as DK s5 and prot s7?
Posted Image

#43 maarko

maarko
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:10 AM

Well there is obviously a difference between outplaying another person of the same class and the class being overpowered. But honestly i think spriests dmg with lust is pretty over the top (esp with zerking).
Spoiler

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:11 AM

Spriests are extremely strong. Lots of classes/specs are extremely strong. Spriest/Mage/Rsham synergy is fucking retarded, I'd go so far to say as approaching Week 1 S6 levels.

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

#45 maarko

maarko
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:14 AM

so shadow priest s8 is the same as DK s5 and prot s7?

naw im just saying thats the excuse every OP class uses :P nothing can compare to the stupidity of s5. Prot warriors were obviously dumb but not on the same scale.

but who knows, with the ridiculous stats we will be able to get with full wrathful/2piece t10 i can see our dmg being unhealable with lust.
Spoiler

#46 Kelberot

Kelberot
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationRio de Janeiro

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:17 AM

Imp DP deals too much damage, and bloodlusted spriest does too much damage, but we kinda always have. I've always destroyed people with lust, see: http://www.xfire.com/video/899ba/

s5 tr, shadowplay. Before any buffs, when shadow priests were the worst they've ever been. Got hamchook to 10%, then swapped to nick and killed him in 3 seconds. We used lust to swap to nick, look how fast he drops after dots start to roll. (in their defense, even though we beat them alot in the start, after a few weeks of TR they farmed the fuck out of us)

I wouldn't mind if lust didn't affect dots inside arenas or if imp DP was lowered by 10% (as long as they make up for it in the dot portion, because of PvE and shit)

Anything else is QQ
Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:04 AM

Silence shouldn't be a blanket and Dispersion shouldn't be able to be used while hard locked on Shadow.

Blanket Silences are a retarded and skilless mechanic, and godmode cooldowns should have some counter (dispellable, preventable with interrupts, etc.)

#48 Kelberot

Kelberot
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationRio de Janeiro

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:12 AM

Silence have always been blanket, both mages and warlocks have blanket silences, this game has far too many instants heals now.

I agree with you though, but there's just so many ways to heal without casting I don't know how that would work. I like the dispersion suggestion though
Posted Image

#49 Xjum

Xjum
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:36 AM

damn kelberotz its like you were prepared and waiting for this topic

Well, I'll go to college and I'll learn some big words and I'll talk real loud, god damn right I'll be heard. You'll remember that guy who said all those big words that he must of learned at college.

Gumz 'n Friends WCM - Gumz 69 Twink Rogue

#50 Belligerent

Belligerent
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:51 AM

wow you can disperse when u get locked on shadow? you can't bubble or iceblock when locked in holy/frost..

#51 Iceballz

Iceballz
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:58 AM

you can't bubble or iceblock when locked in holy/frost..

You don't say..
<('.')/

#52 Adversa

Adversa
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 1737
  • 3v3: 2315
  • 5v5: 2652
  • RBG: 768

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:20 AM

alright that's it, I'm going to try shadow, I need the spriest community to do me a favor and look at my armory and see If I'd be able to do decently as shadow, I only have mooncloth/spirit gear but I do have 2 pieces of pve each with 100+ haste on them I could swap out but I do drop down to 788 resilience, so here's my armory, I tried it before and it didn't feel like I was doing much dmg, maybe something I'm doing wrong with the rotation/spec but anyways:

http://www.wowarmory...Ganis&n=Qontrol

I'll try and copy someones shadow spec, would someone mind giving me the rotation? I just did VT > Devouring Plague > Shadow word: pain, mind blast > mind flay spam, and I'd occasionally toss in a shadow word: Death.

#53 Fauxy

Fauxy
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 192
  • 5v5: 96
  • LocationPNW, USA

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:49 AM

Never thought i'd see people complaining about shadow being overpowered, rofl. You guys realize very little changed last patch, right? It's not look shadow got completely overhauled.
steam: phozee
dotabuff: https://dotabuff.com/players/24635059

#54 Idgit

Idgit
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:59 AM

Yeah the ~20% damage increase wasn't significant.

alright that's it, I'm going to try shadow, I need the spriest community to do me a favor and look at my armory and see If I'd be able to do decently as shadow, I only have mooncloth/spirit gear but I do have 2 pieces of pve each with 100+ haste on them I could swap out but I do drop down to 788 resilience, so here's my armory, I tried it before and it didn't feel like I was doing much dmg, maybe something I'm doing wrong with the rotation/spec but anyways:

http://www.wowarmory...Ganis&n=Qontrol

I'll try and copy someones shadow spec, would someone mind giving me the rotation? I just did VT > Devouring Plague > Shadow word: pain, mind blast > mind flay spam, and I'd occasionally toss in a shadow word: Death.

In the same boat here. Tried shadow doing shadow/aff lock once and failed pretty badly.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#55 Mearis

Mearis
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-The Venture Co
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:10 AM

Other than obvious strategies (don't overlap CC, etc) does anyone have specific suggestions for shattercleave? For example, specific positions, how you play to avoid sap, how to fight against TSG, etc..

#56 Skétch1296677762

Skétch1296677762
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Maelstrom
  • Shadowburn

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:28 AM

bloodlust and turret damage

#57 Shouri

Shouri
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/0/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 960
  • 3v3: 2638
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1729

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:28 AM

thats my strat it seems 2 be workin well

#58 Mearis

Mearis
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-The Venture Co
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:35 AM

excellent

#59 tritum

tritum
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostwolf
  • Blutdurst

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:54 AM

Playing Shadow since molten core.
Never been disc longer than a week.

I still suck :/,

#60 Schnorki

Schnorki
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Archimonde
  • Stormstrike

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:56 AM

wow you can disperse when u get locked on shadow? you can't bubble or iceblock when locked in holy/frost..

you also don't become immune to flat out everything and remove debuffs while dispersed.

dispersion is also not off the gcd.

dispersion also doesn't let you keep attacking like bubble does.

different spell is different. deal with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<