• US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/0/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 960
  • 3v3: 2638
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1729

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:07 PM

?????? what are you insinuating, that mooncloth 4 piece is better then satin 4 piece? (they are the same)

M A N A E F F I C I E N C Y

#42 maarko

maarko
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:08 PM

i am shielding on every cd and dont go oom with full satin
Spoiler

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1584
  • RBG: 384

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:09 PM

i guess i'm just bad with my mana

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

#44 Kelberot

Kelberot
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1663
  • 3v3: 1992
  • 5v5: 959
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationRio de Janeiro

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:25 PM

I have, I have 4pc satin+meteors and although the burst was good, I never killed anything that I couldn't kill with the same CC chains as mooncloth

I wonder how that will work when you have to CC beastcleave or hunter/ret that goes after your mage

You talk like setting up switches is a bad thing.

Dotting in advance is definitely very useful since it takes a few seconds to get your dots up and if you dot a bit in advance it definitely makes your switch more effective. Not to mention against druid teams switching a lot is what truly fucks them over.

Setting up switches is different than keeping dots rolling on two people... keeping dots rolling vs a cleave will do you nothing but waste gcds

I'll stop arguing against the new gods of shadow though - you two are clearly too good, I can't believe we've missed out on you guys for so long. Glad to have you back.
Posted Image

#45 Shouri

Shouri
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:29 PM

Setting up switches is different than keeping dots rolling on two people...

not necessarily true

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1584

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:30 PM

heh

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

#47 Kelberot

Kelberot
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationRio de Janeiro

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:30 PM

not necessarily true

which is why I used cleave as example
Posted Image

#48 Shouri

Shouri
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:34 PM

I mean it's obvious that satin would do reasonably more damage if you started getting crit chains. The thing is I find myself going oom RIGHT as one of my cooldowns come up and I don't honestly want to picture what it'd be like without mooncloth (and even my insightful meta that I haven't bothered to replace yet).

#49 Widowned

Widowned
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/0/2/1

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:56 PM

I mean it's obvious that satin would do reasonably more damage if you started getting crit chains. The thing is I find myself going oom RIGHT as one of my cooldowns come up and I don't honestly want to picture what it'd be like without mooncloth (and even my insightful meta that I haven't bothered to replace yet).

You're going OOM because you aren't doing enough damage to finish the game in a reasonable amount of time.

Shadow is a DPS spec, none of the comps it runs are 'turtle comps', and your job is to nuke the shit out of something. It makes absolutely no sense to gear and spec for longevity.

Looking at Shatterplay, I see two DPS specs that have a finite amount of time before they're either OOM, or out of cooldowns and useless, and a healing spec that has never been known for going the distance. So where is this notion coming from that Shatterplay is meant to turtle until enemy cooldowns have been blown, and then score a kill? This conclusion doesn't follow logically from objectively analyzing the characteristics of any of the classes in the comp.

#50 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:33 PM

I can't believe we've missed out on you guys for so long. Glad to have you back.

holy shit I love you Kelb

And yeah, I was first a 4pc mooncloth, then 2x2pc advertiser, now I'm all up for satin.

My mana longetivity hasn't changed at ALL. If you get to point where you go oom as shadow as satin or where you need to offheal, it's almost certainly always a loss - you're doing something wrong if you're getting wrecked and pressured that much that you need to go outside of shadowform, especially seeing shaman healing output is fucking insane ( subject to change when teams are training your sham ). Also my damage skyrocketed through roof and my mana regen is fucking same, stop defending your mainset just because you want to keep it for disc from time to time. Biased^2

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#51 Shouri

Shouri
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:00 AM

You're going OOM because you aren't doing enough damage to finish the game in a reasonable amount of time.

Shadow is a DPS spec, none of the comps it runs are 'turtle comps', and your job is to nuke the shit out of something. It makes absolutely no sense to gear and spec for longevity.

Looking at Shatterplay, I see two DPS specs that have a finite amount of time before they're either OOM, or out of cooldowns and useless, and a healing spec that has never been known for going the distance. So where is this notion coming from that Shatterplay is meant to turtle until enemy cooldowns have been blown, and then score a kill? This conclusion doesn't follow logically from objectively analyzing the characteristics of any of the classes in the comp.

I'm sure that not doing enough damage is my problem :rolleyes:

It's not the fact that I'm trying to OUTLAST their cooldowns; it's the fact that I can if I need to.

#52 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:05 AM

I'm sure that not doing enough damage is my problem :rolleyes:

It's not the fact that I'm trying to OUTLAST their cooldowns; it's the fact that I can if I need to.

Eh my team forces every single major cooldown in first 15 secs of the match without losing even half of our important ones, and even when being trained I usually still have dispersion at the end of the match due to sheer pressure we apply and them having to go defensive.

So yeah, you're playing a bit outlastish ( not saying that's a bad thing, I played s4/s5/s6 shadow like that and had massive fun compared to s1 s2 s3 and s7 )

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#53 Kelberot

Kelberot
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationRio de Janeiro

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:07 AM

This argument is pointless... it's a matter of preference (as always)
Posted Image

#54 Shouri

Shouri
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:08 AM

Eh my team forces every single major cooldown in first 15 secs of the match without losing even half of our important ones, and even when being trained I usually still have dispersion at the end of the match due to sheer pressure we apply and them having to go defensive.

So yeah, you're playing a bit outlastish ( not saying that's a bad thing, I played s4/s5/s6 shadow like that and had massive fun compared to s1 s2 s3 and s7 )

No that definitely happens when we play and there are a lot of games that satin would be better than mooncloth.

It's just that when I look at it the other way around I never think "oh if I had satin we would of won that for sure." Most of our kills are complete overkill as it is anyways with a swap and silence and/or coil.

It's just that some games DO go long and I think I like mooncloth better for ladder play. And yes, I have played with satin, although last season.

--

Rep system is hilarious, -rep

why would fight about somthing with a much better player, hes obv right just admit that you're wrong

I love how it's anonymous, people are just too scared to pick a fight under their username.

#55 Convulse

Convulse
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:21 AM

When I tried my friends shadowpriest in full mooncloth w/ good off peices + pve stuff..I almost killed myself. The damage was noticeably lower, and I would constantly say to myself, "If I had satin I would have scored that kill".

When you get more experience with your shatterplay you will find ways to increase your mana longevity but you won't find ways to do more damage because you are handicapping yourself by losing 5-7 percent crit. Handicapped people can't get up and walk but they can become wiser and more intelligent(in this case with mana/gcd management).

You really are playing a different game than those of us with satin(exaggeration).
I'll be up up and away
up up and away
cuz they gon' judge me anyway so whatever
I'll be up up and away
up up and away
cuz in the end they'll judge me anyway so whatever

#56 Cuddlybunny

Cuddlybunny
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:24 AM

i guess shouri is just t h e b e s t

#57 Skétch1296677762

Skétch1296677762
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Maelstrom
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:24 AM

I can't wait to get full satin to try it out /shrug

#58 maarko

maarko
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:26 AM

yeh i just gave shouri +rep because hes t h e b e s t and to counter the -rep someone gave him, although i may have to -rep him later because he is not a male troll. i really enjoy this rep system.
Spoiler

#59 Cuddlybunny

Cuddlybunny
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:28 AM

Handicapped people can't get up and walk but they can become wiser and more intelligent(in this case with mana/gcd management).

You really are playing a different game than those of us with satin(exaggeration).

..............:rolleyes:

#60 Clefairy

Clefairy
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1400
  • 5v5: 1419

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:28 AM

Handicapped people can't get up and walk but they can become wiser and more intelligent(in this case with mana/gcd management).

So when Shouri becomes wiser and more intelligent he will be able to never lose -- more frequently.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<