#1 Sekah

Sekah
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:22 PM

What's the most basic of macros to target one of my team mates and dispel them? Say their name is "Fuzz", for the example's sake.

And is it possible to, say, have that line repeated twice in a macro, once with my 2s partner's name, and once with the pally from my 5's name? Or will that cause confusion if my macro doesn't find one of the names in a match.

I'm sure I could test it out myself, but I don't have the time before our games this afternoon, so I'm turning to you!
cake or death?

#2 Woah

Woah
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:26 PM

/cast [target=Fuzz]Dispel Magic

I think that should work.  No target change required either.

Not sure about repeating it, but doesn't seem like that would fly.

#3 Hekaton

Hekaton
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:30 PM

/cast [target=party1] Dispel Magic

afaik that works, cant honestly tell you if it targets you if you're the 1st guy in the party, if it does just use his name instead of party1.

#4 nawty

nawty
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/0/0/1/2
  • RBG: 768

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:43 PM

Dispel* magic

#5 Hekaton

Hekaton
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:48 PM

rofl fail

#6 tristantio

tristantio
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Twisting Nether
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:50 PM

Pretty sure if target= fails it just goes to the next line.

You could have

/cast [target=Fuzz] Dispel Magic
/cast [target=Bob] Dispel Magic

If you ever had a game which included Bob and Fuzz though, your macro would Dispel Magic Bob and not Fuzz, as the most recent command sent (the last one in sequence) is the one that is used.

Also using target=name is risky because you could encounter an opponent with the same name, or a pet with the name.

That should always cast Dispel Magic on whoever is in the 1st party slot (excluding yourself).  Not sure how this would work in 3s though where your healer may be in a slot other than the first party slot.

#7 Sekah

Sekah
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:55 PM

tristantio said:

Pretty sure if target= fails it just goes to the next line.

You could have

/cast [target=Fuzz] Dispel Magic
/cast [target=Bob] Dispel Magic

If you ever had a game which included Bob and Fuzz though, your macro would Dispel Magic Bob and not Fuzz, as the most recent command sent (the last one in sequence) is the one that is used.

Also using target=name is risky because you could encounter an opponent with the same name, or a pet with the name.

That should always cast Dispel Magic on whoever is in the 1st party slot (excluding yourself).  Not sure how this would work in 3s though where your healer may be in a slot other than the first party slot.

Okay - thanks. That's what I had, but when I tried spamming it when in a raid with both "Bob" and "Fuzz" I got no "nothing to dispel" alert, so I was worried that perhaps I'd done something to anger the macro gods. It might have had something to do with one or the other of them being out of range.
cake or death?

#8 tristantio

tristantio
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Twisting Nether
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:58 PM

Say your pally is Bob and your 2s teammate is Fuzz.

/cast [target=Fuzz, exists, help, nodead] Dispel Magic
/cast [target=Bob, exists, help, nodead] Dispel Magic

With this macro if Fuzz doesn't exist in the game its the same as if his line wasn't even in the macro.  Same for Bob.

The "help" checks to make sure the target it chose is friendly and not an enemy or enemy pet named Fuzz or Bob.

Finally "nodead" makes sure the player isn't dead.  If he is dead then it simply won't perform that portion on him.

Edit:  You could also change the "help" modifier to "party", in that case it will not check if its a friendly target but just that they are in your party.

#9 somaface

somaface
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents:

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:50 PM

If you want to actually target your teammate and have it cast dispel you'd use

/Target Rimjob
/cast Dispel Magic

#10 Final

Final

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:00 PM

I think if you do them one after another you have to make a /castsequence macro but I don't entirely remember how that is set up.  Hopefully someone else can help.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

<