Jaggy
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:10 PM

Whiteshadow said:

You only need enough resil to survive an unavoidable situation. It  doesn't matter if you stack resil to the cap, if you are caught in a  bad position without cds, you'll die. The way I see it, defensive stats are only useful when you take damage, while offensive stats are always useful. The resil/defensive stats threshold("x resil is enough") varies depending on comp, and spec.

I don't know about that.  You could easily phrase it another way - defensive stats are always useful, while offensive stats are only useful when you're open long enough to cast a while (not that I necessarily think that, I'm just saying it depends on your point of view).  Offensive stats' value deflate considerably if you fight a lot of Beastcleave or TSG, etc.  I do agree it depends on comp.

Keep in mind that the most compelling reason to cap resilience is that it will take virtually no effort to do so this season.  It has increasing returns till the soft cap, and if you're running the common full PvP gear + exalted AV ring setup that most people are, then by the time you're full Wrathful you're only like 50 resil away from cap anyway even with 0 resil gems.

#62 Whiteshadow

Whiteshadow

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:30 PM

Jaggy said:

I don't know about that.  You could easily phrase it another way -  defensive stats are always useful, while offensive stats are only useful  when you're open long enough to cast a while (not that I necessarily  think that, I'm just saying it depends on your point of view).   Offensive stats' value deflate considerably if you fight a lot of  Beastcleave or TSG, etc.  I do agree it depends on comp.

Keep in mind that the most compelling reason to cap resilience is that  it will take virtually no effort to do so this season.  It has  increasing returns till the soft cap, and if you're running the common  full PvP gear + exalted AV ring setup that most people are, then by the  time you're full Wrathful you're only like 50 resil away from cap anyway  even with 0 resil gems

I said that because you are always doing damage and ccing(making use of sp and haste) every game, but you aren't always the focus target depending on the comp you play as or against. Resil is a very good stat with the new changes but I think there's a comfort zone where dying is more as a result of poor positioning or lack of cds than how much less resil you have.

There's also a point where your defensive stats are so low that you are not able to play as offensive as you would like to, so stacking too much pve gear is detrimental. Obviously if your comp thrives from longer games or you are always trained then reaching the cap will be beneficial.

#63 Whillwinz

Whillwinz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Stonemaul
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:47 PM

In general, the only reason to drop resil is if you're getting a perfect pve item (hit/haste) in return for an imperfect pvp item (no haste).  There are only 2 items that match this, gunship gloves and AV ring but pvp gloves are invaluable.  So logically you should only use 1 pve item, AV ring (trinkets are a different story).

#64 Raxxa

Raxxa
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:01 PM

i will go with full pvp gear and resi trinket.  but i wont gem any resi.

#65 Rith

Rith
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Demonology 0/0/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2312

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:18 PM

Resil trinket doesnt sound appealing to me. Even if there is a huge ilvl difference the extra resil won't really make as much as a difference then the extra 111 sp

#66 soberjkpnad

soberjkpnad

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:20 PM

Keep in mind, the title is Numerical Resilience Goals. So  personally I am opting to go for 1337 resilence. I know this might effect my spell power negetively, yet can you imagine the faces on those who are like "omg I am ganna armory that nub shaman to see what he wears in 5s he didn't even shock rofl". Then when they see the Spell tab and think "hmm thats kinda low", but then as it is toggled to Defense.

Posted Image

#67 jrhowson

jrhowson
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aggramar
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:29 PM

FML warrior teams fucking me up the ass with even 1100 resi in 2's (yeye who cares about 2's :rolleyes:) my shaman isn't great but still.. im gonna be going stack as much resi as possible from now..

#68 Jaggy

Jaggy
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:32 PM

soberjkpnad said:

Keep in mind, the title is Numerical Resilience Goals. So  personally I am opting to go for 1337 resilence. I know this might effect my spell power negetively, yet can you imagine the faces on those who are like "omg I am ganna armory that nub shaman to see what he wears in 5s he didn't even shock rofl". Then when they see the Spell tab and think "hmm thats kinda low", but then as it is toggled to Defense.
probably the best argument made in this thread so far

#69 soberjkpnad

soberjkpnad

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:43 AM

Jaggy said:

probably the best argument made in this thread so far

But srsly I think 1050-1100 resil is good for ele this season.

#70 Beldam

Beldam
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2306

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:56 AM

Whiteshadow said:

You only need enough resil to survive an unavoidable situation. It  doesn't matter if you stack resil to the cap, if you are caught in a  bad position without cds, you'll die. The way I see it, defensive stats are only useful when you take damage, while offensive stats are always useful. The resil/defensive stats threshold("x resil is enough") varies depending on comp, and spec.

I pretty much agree with you although I think it depends greatly on the comp.  The majority of times I die (minus RoV) I feel like better possitioning probably could have saved me.

If I have another 200 resil that means my druid can use more CC.  If he can save 1 global every x seconds where he'd normally be healing but instead is CCing that makes the resil even better.

Of course this would probably only apply to druid healers but it can be applied to other situations in which your partner chooses to peel instead of dps because you are taking too much damage.

Noriyasu said:

this is such a retarded change, rogues are going to get gibbed right and left after wotf'ing a fear because they can't trinket a cs/kidney.

Powerslave said:

you will not be able to bladestorm ever post patch

#71 synonix

synonix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:42 AM

Im learning HLD this season, so while we practice and get used to each other im using some extra defense gear.
Using:
Resi PVP trinket - might switch to sp/haste after im comfortable with my healer
SP Battlemaster - in some other threads, people were saying with QD glyph that the Haste BM/PVP trinkets are more beneficial to Affliction then then SP, thoughts?
Wrathful ring - Even for Affliction, this ring is nice. Is there an easy to obtain PVE ring that could be subbed?
Full wrathful haste offsets / haste mainhand / Ashen ring

Sitting at 1285 Resi and i see a noticeable difference to the high 900~ i was wearing last season. Like i said i might switch some resil gems, enchants, even trinket once we break the HLD in.
Posted Image

#72 Murphy

Murphy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:46 AM

1300 resilience, so that I MIGHT be able to survive the burst from a wizard cleave!

#73 Filovirus

Filovirus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2795

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:02 AM

In all my wrathful offpieces I'm sitting on 1100 resilience, using 2x sp trinkets as human so...

Feels pretty decent so far, haven't felt myself get bursted down yet. Unhealable damage is still unhealable damage, pretty much. Ret/hunter is crazy lol.

#74 Elisha

Elisha
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/1/1/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 2136
  • RBG: 576

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:59 AM

I'll have 1180 Res with two pve rings and trinkets (human) if i go Horde i would take Res Insignie and tailor pents.

#75 neyzio

neyzio
  • Members

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:09 PM

Disloged + new pvp trinket mmm

1100 resil

#76 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:09 PM

Neyzie said:

Disloged + new pvp trinket mmm

1100 resil

Fuck you!

Want that trinket so bad fuuuu

#77 neyzio

neyzio
  • Members

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:25 PM

lmao - I got the sindragosa one today as well

#78 JaK91

JaK91
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction 2/2/2/2/2/.

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:00 PM

cuties only yo

#79 neyzio

neyzio
  • Members

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:16 PM

^_^

#80 soki

soki
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 480

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:47 PM

http://www.wowhead.c...rofile=20780075 1357 resilience wtf
past the "cap" (33.33% reduced crit dmg)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<