#41 Ainy

Ainy
  • Premium Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Свежеватель Душ
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Retribution 1/2/0/2/2/0

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:30 PM

I think Ainy will agree with me on this, full ret is just so much better for RRP on live and on TR. Freedom on stuns is 1 of the biggest reasons.

yep

#42 Ispen

Ispen
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:16 PM

What do you think about rrp with full ARP combat rogue ?
With mace spec and lots of pve gear(loot from first wing of icc mostly) you can hard cap arp with around 600resil. Almost 50% frontal avoidance, nerves of steel etc etc.

I suppose facing hunter teams and wizard cleave will be frustrating. On the otherhand, you can blow anyone with KS+5cp evisc together with tricks'ed ret.

#43 Kragath

Kragath
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eonar
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:49 PM

haha , youre right.

fuckin hard to survive against this fuckin setup as holy paladin.

Try a priest, tears all over the place

#44 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:39 PM

Try a priest, tears all over the place

Yes i already have a priest.

I know that this class takes so much damage and by so many class - ele/warri, ret/anythingwithhealingdebuff, etc..-, i was just sayin it because he said there were no reason to focus a holy paladin.

TSG shouldn't win against an equally skilled LSD but 99% of all LSDs are super retarded so it's quite easy to zerg the druid from start to finish.

#45 Primaris

Primaris
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:46 PM

well i mentioned in my long post that we certainly leave holy paladins as a viable target, specially in beast cleave, we're able to pretty much global a paladin then a quick MD bubble hes dead.. paladins are by far my favorite

#46 Primaris

Primaris
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:27 AM

Still never can kill rogues for RMP, and its hard as fuck to catch the priest with mage spam nova and sheeps and rogue stunning, anyone else have hard time killing rogues? just seems like the evasion just fucks both the ret and i (rogue). Training the mage is risky and requires most of my cooldowns too

#47 Ashe

Ashe
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 07 February 2010 - 04:26 AM

Still never can kill rogues for RMP, and its hard as fuck to catch the priest with mage spam nova and sheeps and rogue stunning, anyone else have hard time killing rogues? just seems like the evasion just fucks both the ret and i (rogue). Training the mage is risky and requires most of my cooldowns too

Priest is the only option as RRP and I've never had any troubles sticking to him.
Whenever the Ret connects Priest dies.

As for novas, it's called dispelcleave for a reason.
KS = HoF.
Fans glory to the Gladiators,
Gods glory to the Heroes.

#48 Primaris

Primaris
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:29 AM

Yeah my paladin uses his freedom for him a lot of the times to keep on the priest.. seems like he always says if he uses the global to dispel it'll hurt dps, not sure about our priest i know he tries to get sheeps off me asap but not as sure about the nova's.. so you're saying just have my priest work on chain dispelling me while paly dispels himself?

#49 Ashe

Ashe
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 07 February 2010 - 08:22 AM

Yeah my paladin uses his freedom for him a lot of the times to keep on the priest.. seems like he always says if he uses the global to dispel it'll hurt dps, not sure about our priest i know he tries to get sheeps off me asap but not as sure about the nova's.. so you're saying just have my priest work on chain dispelling me while paly dispels himself?

Your paladin should save HoF for KS in most cases, while prioritizing dispels on you, since having Wound/Crippling up on the priest is top priority.

Dispel > DPS in most cases, since if you're cc'd/nova'd for too long the priest will escape and heal to full.

#50 Primaris

Primaris
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance

Posted 07 February 2010 - 05:33 PM

Alright I'll look into it, I know those winter chill stacks are a bitch (so is it both the priest and paladin dispelling off me, or is your healer usually busy healing?), thanks for the help it's really the only comp that we have problems with. Any chance you might be streaming or got any videos? Just want to watch your paladin lol, hard to imagine seeing my paly stop to dispel so I can just train train

who do you usually sap? sometimes find it to be disadvantage to wait to find the rogue cause they might sap one of us and just start, so we usually just sap the mage and go for the priest

How does your paly handle not going oom from dispels? Mine's saying he cant imagine spamming dispel to get winter chill off to get nova off, think he'd oom fast

we're sittin at about 2350 mmr, tons of rmp in our bg.

while im at it, do you focus disarm the rogue while you're training the priest? how do you handle your evasions? i usually try to keep it up all the time while im training the priest, but sometimes when we do succeed, the other rogue might have an evasion left and be lucky enough to evade the shit out of my ret and i and maybe get a kill on us if the mage does a blank silence.. or something along the lines of that.

Also if i'm relying on dispels, should i bother vanishing out of novas? when do you use your cloak? I try to precloak polys or fears so i can stay on the priest longer..i also try to prevanish sheeps when i could also use the stun

is there any quick way to have a macro to autofocus the rogue? i set it, but you know when they vanish it goes away, find it to be loss of dps if i have to stop to click gladius so i can continue to focus disarm, i dont want to setup a focus arena1,2,3 macros though

do you ever bop out of blinds? i usually get blinded after a fear lately so its only 2-3 second s and i think its a waste of a bop that could have saved our priest, of course its situational but in rmp they usually dont train our priest

what about if the rogue opens on the ret and keeps him locked, should he hof himself if im still able to train the priest?

#51 Ashe

Ashe
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:43 AM

Alright I'll look into it, I know those winter chill stacks are a bitch (so is it both the priest and paladin dispelling off me, or is your healer usually busy healing?), thanks for the help it's really the only comp that we have problems with. Any chance you might be streaming or got any videos? Just want to watch your paladin lol, hard to imagine seeing my paly stop to dispel so I can just train train

Well it's usually the priest dispelling since vs RMP, you can't really cast a lot, beyond sneaking in some flashes when mage is out of los.

As for streams, I streamed a bit end of last season, but after 2 client crashes I'm somewhat reluctant to do so again.
But we'll see.

who do you usually sap? sometimes find it to be disadvantage to wait to find the rogue cause they might sap one of us and just start, so we usually just sap the mage and go for the priest

A lot of the times you don't sap at all since it's quite risky, at least vs rogue teams (especially if you drop HS) and HoF allows you to open on the priest without getting gibbed in KS.

How does your paly handle not going oom from dispels? Mine's saying he cant imagine spamming dispel to get winter chill off to get nova off, think he'd oom fast

Can't comment on that, he doesn't usually complain about going oom since priest shields go down asap and he can judge mana after that.

we're sittin at about 2350 mmr, tons of rmp in our bg.

while im at it, do you focus disarm the rogue while you're training the priest? how do you handle your evasions? i usually try to keep it up all the time while im training the priest, but sometimes when we do succeed, the other rogue might have an evasion left and be lucky enough to evade the shit out of my ret and i and maybe get a kill on us if the mage does a blank silence.. or something along the lines of that.

I wouldn't complain if you have tons of RMP in your BG, i'd love farming RMP all day long.

Since I tend to open first on the priest, I often get opened on and I try to gouge/disarm when I get HoF'd from KS.

Also most of the time the matches are over really fast so I tend to pop first evasion about 15sec after the first KS, so if the rogue doesn't vanish he'll be forced to risk a dodged KS.
+ If he doesn't vanish, he'll delay his KS which means HoF will be up and I don't need to waste trinket on 2nd KS.

Although sometimes I pop evasion earlier when the priest is low and I've used Vanish/CB (I oftne blow first sprint at the start with sprint glyph to get to the target asap).

Also if i'm relying on dispels, should i bother vanishing out of novas? when do you use your cloak? I try to precloak polys or fears so i can stay on the priest longer..i also try to prevanish sheeps when i could also use the stun

In general no, but if your priest is sheeped and paladin gets feared, it's a option.

As for Precloaking Fear/Poly, it also shouldn't be needed if your priest is fast on the dispels.
Most of the time I save my cloak for either when the target is sub-40'ish so I can keep the pressure up or use it defensively to stop shattercombo or drop Wound so Penance will top me if I'm low.

Most RMP's like to go for the ret tho.

is there any quick way to have a macro to autofocus the rogue? i set it, but you know when they vanish it goes away, find it to be loss of dps if i have to stop to click gladius so i can continue to focus disarm, i dont want to setup a focus arena1,2,3 macros though

I use Gladius and Arena1/2/3 macros.
Although I guess if you face a select few RMPs then there's the option of using:
/cast [@name, exists, nodead][@name, exists, nodead][@name, exists, nodead][@focus, exists, nodead] Spellname

Add as many [@name, exists, nodead] as you want (or charlimit allows in a macro).

do you ever bop out of blinds? i usually get blinded after a fear lately so its only 2-3 second s and i think its a waste of a bop that could have saved our priest, of course its situational but in rmp they usually dont train our priest

Yeah, all the time, BoP vs rmp is not very useful on the Rogue since it doesn't remove Wound (unlike MS/Aimed and you won't be able to attack/vanish while BoP'd).
So if it's a 5sec+ blind then it usually gets BoP'd.

what about if the rogue opens on the ret and keeps him locked, should he hof himself if im still able to train the priest?

KS = HoF regardless on who it's used on.
Due to 20sec CD on KS the opposing rogue won't be able to switch and peel effectively anyway (+ you should still have trinket, unless you get blinded at the start).

#52 Primaris

Primaris
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:32 AM

Thanks, wont be doin any 3s until next week but I'll try to incorporate this into my team and push for more focus on dispels, very good points. I have a lot of binds already so I wont be using arena1/2/3 for setting a focus, I have it for blinds so I dont mess up but everything else is focus (kick, gouge, disarm macros) so I usually just click focuso n gladius then pinky finger my focus disarm macro on the rogue, when you say gouge/disarm you're doing it so you can go behind and land the disarm i assume? most rogues are evading by then.

The evasion 15 seconds after KS is a good idea, long with then vanishing or not in regards to when HoF will be up was a nice piece of knowledge. As always thanks for your input.

As newb as it sounds, I usually use cloak to avoid burst or offensively, never thought of it as using to help get myself topped off from poisons, then against i guess cloaking and kiting a rogue is essentially the same thing.

I usually use DP against the priests also, you?

Our RMPS go for me to keep me off the priest, once my paladin blows wings then they will train him, but other than that I'm usually left in the dust with no trinket and stun locked while the rogue/mage plow on me cause my paladin freedomed himself away after the priest, lol.

I'm excited to get shit figured out, its a fun comp and rolls a lot of shit, fast games are fun too, rmp just always fuck us over. We have some problems sometimes with destro/ele/holy paly, we usually rape the holy but in some instances they'll fear then hex my paladin or end up owning my paladin cause he wing'd too early, rare occasion though

#53 Ashe

Ashe
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 08 February 2010 - 06:22 AM

Thanks, wont be doin any 3s until next week but I'll try to incorporate this into my team and push for more focus on dispels, very good points. I have a lot of binds already so I wont be using arena1/2/3 for setting a focus, I have it for blinds so I dont mess up but everything else is focus (kick, gouge, disarm macros) so I usually just click focuso n gladius then pinky finger my focus disarm macro on the rogue, when you say gouge/disarm you're doing it so you can go behind and land the disarm i assume? most rogues are evading by then.

I've got focus Arena 1-3 on f1-f3, and use this macro:
"/cast [@focus, exists, nodead, mod:shift][@target, exists, nodead, nomod] Dismantle/Kick/Gouge/Blind"
with normal binds.
The only downside with this macro is that if you focus Gouge (turns off attacks) and then want to instantly Focus Kick, it will start auto attacks on the focus target.
But it's not often I need to Focus Gouge and Focus Kick right after that, and I have /start attack added to Mutilate & Envenom, so it's not a issue in most cases.

Depends on the opposing rogue, but most don't pop evasion if you're not actually on them, so focus gouge lands 70% of the time, as for Disarm, it depends on the situation, if I gouge the rogue and the priest doesn't move too far during that time (hammer/ks/whatnot or something else) I try move back to the rogue and dismantle before gouge ends.

If the priest does move then I dismantle whenever the rogue gets back in my range regardless of position, since you can't really lose dps time on priest.

Also, remember that while you do mitigate some dmg by gouge/dismantle, they will regen energy during that time and can burst after they come out of it, so it helps to be vocal about Gouge (especially so your Ret won't break it with DS) and Disarm, so your priest can expect a slight spike in dmg after they're over.

The evasion 15 seconds after KS is a good idea, long with then vanishing or not in regards to when HoF will be up was a nice piece of knowledge. As always thanks for your input.

As newb as it sounds, I usually use cloak to avoid burst or offensively, never thought of it as using to help get myself topped off from poisons, then against i guess cloaking and kiting a rogue is essentially the same thing.

Well, if I see the priest is about to die and the mage is casting CC on me, I sometimes precloak to make sure to get that kill.

I usually use DP against the priests also, you?

I DP vs everything.

Our RMPS go for me to keep me off the priest, once my paladin blows wings then they will train him, but other than that I'm usually left in the dust with no trinket and stun locked while the rogue/mage plow on me cause my paladin freedomed himself away after the priest, lol.

Well, in general if RMP tries to go for me, it's usually a win since HoF on KS and leaving paladin free (instant dispel sheeps by priest) + Evasion stoping rogue dmg is just too much and the priest keels over quite fast.

I'm excited to get shit figured out, its a fun comp and rolls a lot of shit, fast games are fun too, rmp just always fuck us over. We have some problems sometimes with destro/ele/holy paly, we usually rape the holy but in some instances they'll fear then hex my paladin or end up owning my paladin cause he wing'd too early, rare occasion though

Destro/Ele/Holy is a really annoying comp, what worked for us in the end was to play like massive faggots and los and restealth every chance we got & kill warlock pet whenever possible and eventually train the warlock to death after 2 pets.

Going on Paladin worked really well last season but with the resi change it seemed a lot harder (especially on BEM/Dalaran) due to Thunderstorm and having 2 dps casters free cast is a recipe for pain.
(fun fact: Ret took 25k in 1.49sec yesterday when we tried to go for Paladin)

#54 Primaris

Primaris
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:35 PM

Yeah training the pet isnt a bad idea, we always say no to destro locks for nether protection but we've noticed we can blow up a warlock before they really start popping nether protection.

I hope we get to farm RMP, sounds great. I also have start attack on my mutilate, never thought about it for envenom.

When you said you dont usually sap, you meant against rogue teams right? I find big difference on whether I can sap and then open, like only destro ele holy, i usually sap ele b/c destro are lame and in combat, helps a bit but yeah usually risky on rogue teams, i do use sprint w/ glyph to sap other member and blow up our member..

what do you do if your healer gets sapped or ret, just wait it out or continue? couple of times we've started on a team with our healer sapped, sometimes it worked others not so good.

How do you like having vigor instead of prep glyph? I always love the double dismantles, helps a lot for warrior teams (tsg, sometimes if dk is lichbourne, root him sap paladin and kill warrior.. ) and helps in 2s also. I'm going to check out your spec I see you went 4/5 dual wield over the find weakness talent.

Without improv evisc, do you still ever evisc? I do it time to time if theres like a double healer and having a hard time keeping DP up (but with your spec you have the 5/5 improv poisons so i bet you dont have that problem), also what do you do against double healer? i know theres different variations but damn.. usually try to sap paladin and kill other healer, or keep switching to get pain supression blown, bop etc then train priest while controlling paladin.. thats if its priest/paladin/dps.

Well damn you dont have HS, so do you really ever sap anybody on a rogue team, what about if its got no rogue, you should still be fine w/o HS against non rogue? lol. What do you do against hunter teams w/o HS? I havent played w/o HS in awhile so I'm not sure which classes to be extra careful around when trying to sap without a rogue on the team.

Damn I keep fidning questions, hows 777 resil working for you? I dont have your legs but I have the cultist's bloodsoaked spaulders which are 264, might wear those. Is there a certain amount of haste you're going for, or just meta (on gems)? I bet you really do los those casters, haha

I've got about 5018 ap, 758 resil, 41.34% crit 5.43% haste with what im wearing now..
http://www.wowarmory...xxar&n=Primaris (hopefully updates, put on ap trinket, the 264 shoulders (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49987), and working on getting my boots this week - got a shaman im getting offset on too lol) I might use rib spreader when I get one, oh yah grats on all being human :P

Have you considered DBW for this comp? I know it has a 1.5 min icd but 30 seconds is nice, also being human you might be able to spare that trinket slot, although I would agree matches do last longer than 30 seconds sometimes, but it would seem to help a lot for training targets, I'm thinking of this mainly for 2s as I do ret/rogue and the matches never last that long.. my paladin runs with DBW at the moment since he has no DC. http://www.wowarmory...ar&cn=Habitslol

How does your priest do with just 850 resil? He's got pretty high crit I imagine he can pwn someone on his own though. My priest is checking him out, saying how he's wearing full spriest set gear, has 0 spell pen and wondering how he lands dps/fears without spell pen.. seems low mp5 and resil.

Thanks for answering all my questions btw, also do you ever snd after openers, or just rely on improv poisons?

Also talked to my ret, I dont know if you know much about your ret but said he seems to be using seal of corruption, and my ret stopped using that because hard to keep it up vs people spamming dispel, any input on that? Think my ret said using crusader strike.

So with all the dispels, your paladin doesnt find crippling poison to get in the way of catching back up?

#55 Ashe

Ashe
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:57 AM

Yeah training the pet isnt a bad idea, we always say no to destro locks for nether protection but we've noticed we can blow up a warlock before they really start popping nether protection.

Last I know poisons/envenom still don't proc Nether Protection, but it might've been changed in the latest patch.

I hope we get to farm RMP, sounds great. I also have start attack on my mutilate, never thought about it for envenom.

When you said you dont usually sap, you meant against rogue teams right? I find big difference on whether I can sap and then open, like only destro ele holy, i usually sap ele b/c destro are lame and in combat, helps a bit but yeah usually risky on rogue teams, i do use sprint w/ glyph to sap other member and blow up our member..

what do you do if your healer gets sapped or ret, just wait it out or continue? couple of times we've started on a team with our healer sapped, sometimes it worked others not so good.

Well against rogue teams mostly, but it usually depends on the position of the other team, priority is to engage primary target, sapping only if it's in a good position and possible easily.

As for your priest getting sapped, usually the Ret Hand-Rockets the opposing mage/priest and the priest casts a renew or something to get into combat.
If that fails, he gets BoP'd (rarely happens though).

How do you like having vigor instead of prep glyph? I always love the double dismantles, helps a lot for warrior teams (tsg, sometimes if dk is lichbourne, root him sap paladin and kill warrior.. ) and helps in 2s also. I'm going to check out your spec I see you went 4/5 dual wield over the find weakness talent.

Dismantle->4-5cp Kidney(Vanish-CS if he trinkets kidney) is enough to drop MS on priest after a Bladestorm and allow a few penance ticks in, so I never felt the need for a 2nd dismantle.

Also, I actually went 2/3 Deadened Nerves, since it's ~160resi worth of dmg reduction per point (a bit less, since it doesn't provide crit/critdmg reduction like real resilience, but beats 4% muti/envenom dmg imo).

The 4/5 DW points come from Heightened Sense, that is a redundant talent (imo), since I rarely try to sap vs RMP and +stealth detect is fairly useless elsewhere.

Without improv evisc, do you still ever evisc? I do it time to time if theres like a double healer and having a hard time keeping DP up (but with your spec you have the 5/5 improv poisons so i bet you dont have that problem), also what do you do against double healer? i know theres different variations but damn.. usually try to sap paladin and kill other healer, or keep switching to get pain supression blown, bop etc then train priest while controlling paladin.. thats if its priest/paladin/dps.

Only vs DK's if they're close to dying and have popped AMS (although depending on my energy I often pool instead to burst after the AMS).

Vs DPS/HolyPala/Priest setups, in most cases we train the dps, the opposing team will go oom faster, since their damage output is considerably smaller and Ret/Rogue without peels can put a ton of hurt on Warriors or Warlocks.

Solace helps with staying ahead on the mana tho.

Well damn you dont have HS, so do you really ever sap anybody on a rogue team, what about if its got no rogue, you should still be fine w/o HS against non rogue? lol. What do you do against hunter teams w/o HS? I havent played w/o HS in awhile so I'm not sure which classes to be extra careful around when trying to sap without a rogue on the team.

As I mentioned above, don't really go for saps in rogue teams, and HS is only stealth Detection increase, so there's no downside in not having it vs non-rogue teams.

Damn I keep fidning questions, hows 777 resil working for you? I dont have your legs but I have the cultist's bloodsoaked spaulders which are 264, might wear those. Is there a certain amount of haste you're going for, or just meta (on gems)? I bet you really do los those casters, haha

Well, I sometimes get gibbed if the games drag out too long, but it's usually after I've wasted all my cooldowns, so a few hundred extra resi wouldn't have saved me in most of those cases anyway.

Deadened Nerves is also quite good and let's you drop a bit of resilience.

Although, I'm looking at 950-1050 resi after I've got Wrathful set, just not sure if I'll go for 5pc Wrathful or 4pc+Cultists/Gangrenous/Geistlord's (Although I'd only the 277 versions over Wrathful set).

I've got about 5018 ap, 758 resil, 41.34% crit 5.43% haste with what im wearing now..
http://www.wowarmory...xxar&n=Primaris (hopefully updates, put on ap trinket, the 264 shoulders (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49987), and working on getting my boots this week - got a shaman im getting offset on too lol) I might use rib spreader when I get one, oh yah grats on all being human :P

As non-human I'd definitely pick up the new 153 Resi trinket over 190ap WG one, which would probably boost your resilience quite a lot (and thus allow using Cultist's shoulders over Relentless). With BM or Death's Choice in the other slot (personally, I love BM, it's saved my life so many times).

Have you considered DBW for this comp? I know it has a 1.5 min icd but 30 seconds is nice, also being human you might be able to spare that trinket slot, although I would agree matches do last longer than 30 seconds sometimes, but it would seem to help a lot for training targets, I'm thinking of this mainly for 2s as I do ret/rogue and the matches never last that long.. my paladin runs with DBW at the moment since he has no DC. http://www.wowarmory...ar&cn=Habitslol

DBW actually has a 105sec ICD, meaning it has higher uptime than other procs, but since the passive 155arp is so shit for Mutilate, I wouldn't use it over Normal/Heroic Death's Choice.

How does your priest do with just 850 resil? He's got pretty high crit I imagine he can pwn someone on his own though. My priest is checking him out, saying how he's wearing full spriest set gear, has 0 spell pen and wondering how he lands dps/fears without spell pen.. seems low mp5 and resil.

His resilience is a bit low, and he sometimes gets into risky situations vs aggressive TSG (Charge->MS->Bladestorm->Strangulate), but most of the time a well timed BoP and Sacrifice (and then Divine Sacrifice) is usually enough to keep him alive until we drop the warrior.

I can't comment on his spellpen (although he loves to spam dispel all around, so that might explain it) and well, Solace provides a lot of MP5 + RRP isn't really a outlast comp, so he will probably be going haste offset this season to help with nuke and dispels.

Thanks for answering all my questions btw, also do you ever snd after openers, or just rely on improv poisons?

Also talked to my ret, I dont know if you know much about your ret but said he seems to be using seal of corruption, and my ret stopped using that because hard to keep it up vs people spamming dispel, any input on that? Think my ret said using crusader strike.

So with all the dispels, your paladin doesnt find crippling poison to get in the way of catching back up?

SnD - It depends on the situation, but in most cases no, with 1.4 oh, Deadly procs usually before CS ends.

As for Seal of Corruption/Vengeance, I think Jainy uses that yes, since most games you only have 1 viable target.
Dispel shouldn't really be a issue, since vs priest teams you're on him in most cases, with wound up, he should never have time to dispel.

Crippling poison, while limiting, isn't a huge issue, since if the other team focuses on him (they use KS) he will use HoF on KS and be able to get to the priest (unless a lucky Spellsteal by the Mage).
But a hammer on rogue (they usually don't trinket, due to fear of Fear/Blind) and cleanse spam helps if that happens.

#56 Krebosh

Krebosh
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:56 AM

Really? What rogues open with CS->KS against RRP when trying to keep them away from their priest? :/

Just CS ret and pump damage into him and wait with KS until he uses HoF? If he doesnt he shouldn't reach the priest unless theres a lot of CC on rogue so pally can cleanse himself. He wont reliably get crippling off himself while the rogue is still there though.

#57 Ashe

Ashe
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:32 AM

Really? What rogues open with CS->KS against RRP when trying to keep them away from their priest? :/

Just CS ret and pump damage into him and wait with KS until he uses HoF? If he doesnt he shouldn't reach the priest unless theres a lot of CC on rogue so pally can cleanse himself. He wont reliably get crippling off himself while the rogue is still there though.

Priest dispels rogue to get Fear Ward off, fear after that and gg.
Or as I said, Hammer after CS and run. If rogue trinkets Fear or Blind.

#58 Primaris

Primaris
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:36 PM

Thanks again, my ret likes to use his stuns on the kill target a lot but I try to stress using it for trinket popping purposes as I usually can handle locking down a target. I'll relay all this and see how it goes, I may try the new resil PVP trinket, I have it I just was trying to match your stats and see how it goes.

We usually try to get an early fear bomb so I can follow up with a blind on the rogue or a stun, depends on our priest, seems like its really based on if you priest is good compared to how well you do

#59 Ainy

Ainy
  • Premium Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Свежеватель Душ
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Retribution 1/2/0/2/2/0

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:46 PM

As i know our priest swaps offhand and wand when he need spell penetration.

#60 Primaris

Primaris
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:38 AM

Are you guys still trying RRP or trying hunter now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<