133 replies to this topic

#21 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 01 February 2010 - 01:56 PM

Who need to focus holy paladin? CC rotation on him, and say hi to rependance while sacrifice up.

Holy paladins are takin hull damage since envenom spec :)

TSG shouldn't win against an equally skilled LSD but 99% of all LSDs are super retarded so it's quite easy to zerg the druid from start to finish.

#22 Thugonomics8

Thugonomics8
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:12 PM

Ran this comp last season, felt it was pretty strong tbh. The only team that I felt really countered us was hunter/druid/x. Wiz cleaves weren't bad unless on RoV, we would just pillar if they gain distance from us, get reopeners on pretty much anything that was near us and the added support of a ret paladin is huge for a priest surviving teams like TSG.

#23 Ainy

Ainy
  • Premium Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Свежеватель Душ
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Retribution 1/2/0/2/2/0

Posted 01 February 2010 - 05:46 PM

Main counter of this setup is DK(slow spam) + resto dru/sham (antipoisons) + anyrandom nub.

#24 Ashe

Ashe
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 01 February 2010 - 06:31 PM

Main counter of this setup is DK(slow spam) + resto dru/sham (antipoisons) + anyrandom nub.

Not if you lissen to me and we blow up the DK! >: D
Fans glory to the Gladiators,
Gods glory to the Heroes.

#25 Ainy

Ainy
  • Premium Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Свежеватель Душ
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Retribution 1/2/0/2/2/0

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:26 PM

Blowing up DK was my idea like half year ago :P

#26 Touché1296682727

Touché1296682727
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:30 PM

this comp is a PITA for tsg =/

#27 Seyia

Seyia
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:32 PM

rshaman isnt any counter for ret rog priest
this comp blow up shamans in opener

hunters are mainly counter to this setup
hunter :

Our damage is somewhat fine against cloth,

#28 Spiderr

Spiderr

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:36 PM

You mean, one of the 341 Relentless Glad got his title with that comp ? :D

All your posts are retarded or useless, just saying :)
Posted ImagePosted Image

[08/08/2010 15:12:49] spiderzor: Vanguards is streaming

[08/08/2010 15:13:13] spiderzor: no smourne though cause it's TR :(:(

[08/08/2010 15:13:47] Ragrek: I'd use T2 anyway

[08/08/2010 15:14:00] Ragrek: resilience is more important than the pitiful damage increase

-Ragrek, DK with Shadowmourne playing Boring Cleave

#29 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:52 PM

all it takes to be successful at this comp is being blatantly aggressive - put on your highest +damage gear and tunnel the easiest target to kill from the start 'till finish - trying to play "smart" and trying to do fancy stuff usually just puts you behind and at risk of losing the momentum

basically offense is the best defense, with that way of thinking you can squeeze in gladiator really easy

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#30 Primaris

Primaris
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:11 AM

Ran this comp last season, we didnt get glad as we picked up the comp half way through the season and all we'd see is RMP on vengeance (whenever we'd get close to being high) and after that was just seeing tons of shitty teams losing -20, I ran RMS the first half of the season. For us, we only had problems with the good RMPs (the ones that know wtf they're doing). I'm not sure how it's going to go this season but I'm hoping better, might even have our ret go prot ret, but both teh ret and the rogue (me) are in icc25 raiding guilds, so it helps.

Rshamans are a joke for us, as were holy paladins, we raped most beast cleave teams as we were able to basically global their paladins in the beginning and our priest is spot on with MD's so the paladin had no time to heal back up, if we didnt then they beat us but very rare.

Unfortunately, yes it is a tunnel comp and if you fail, you lose. Rogues we sometimes have a problem with (due to evasion affecting both of us) but all healers get raped, warriors get raped.. but its all cooldown based and theres very little CC. The undead change helped a lot for us though, since once a trinket is blown you're pretty much guaranteed to be our next train target, so now all we have to do is pick a target, then have our priest fear and switch to somebody after trinket/pain suppression etc. Also makes CCing rogues easy so they cant peel us off train target (fear then blind)

Has anyone tried it with prot ret? My buddy was saying along the lines of 40% more defense as prot ret and might survive a lot longer with the resil buff. He's currently running 2pc t10, DBW trinket, with full relentless and bryntroll.

We don't usually blow up DKs from the start, if its TSG we'd rather sap the DK (cause of his anti magic skills) and blow up the warrior or just go straight for the bubble + mass dispel on the paladin, or if we can control the paladin while we work the warrior we'll switch after the bubble.

It takes some practice and quick switches if you know what to expect a head of time for each comp u see. Sometimes for example tsg we'll sap dk, start on the warrior until sac is up then do the quick switch. I do ret rogue twos so we practice a lot of switches, like getting pain supression to blown on a dps then raping the priest.. so its not always tunneling but in the end basically yeah tunnel after a cooldown gets blown. We arent strangers to tunnel through a pain suppression though, if the priest blows it too late we still are able to drop him, but if hes at like 80% then we'll just quick switch to the next squishy target

Towards the end of the season we were working on RMP strats though, mages really fuck us up with all the interrupts and cc ontop of priest fear, usually we'll wait till we can catch the mage near one of us, stun him so he blinks then stun him again with ranged ret stuns and train him with a quick mass dispel on iceblock.. pretty easy to do when you get it lined up (call it out, rogue stuns mage and ret tries to go where the mage is gonn blink)

Wiz cleaves were mostly easy, specially ele shamans. We did have trouble one time with a moonkin + ele shaman 3s team, they have tons of snares and both have knock backs, made catching them pretty interesting.

#31 Ashe

Ashe
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:15 AM

RMP is free points, Choo Choo all aboard the Priest Train.

#32 Primaris

Primaris
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:24 AM

Yeah I'd rather get PS blown on something other than the priest first though, then choo choo my way on the priest

#33 Kungfucow

Kungfucow
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1900
  • 3v3: 1914
  • RBG: 2064
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:27 AM

Ran this comp last season, we didnt get glad as we picked up the comp half way through the season and all we'd see is RMP on vengeance (whenever we'd get close to being high) and after that was just seeing tons of shitty teams losing -20, I ran RMS the first half of the season. For us, we only had problems with the good RMPs (the ones that know wtf they're doing). I'm not sure how it's going to go this season but I'm hoping better, might even have our ret go prot ret, but both teh ret and the rogue (me) are in icc25 raiding guilds, so it helps.

Rshamans are a joke for us, as were holy paladins, we raped most beast cleave teams as we were able to basically global their paladins in the beginning and our priest is spot on with MD's so the paladin had no time to heal back up, if we didnt then they beat us but very rare.

Unfortunately, yes it is a tunnel comp and if you fail, you lose. Rogues we sometimes have a problem with (due to evasion affecting both of us) but all healers get raped, warriors get raped.. but its all cooldown based and theres very little CC. The undead change helped a lot for us though, since once a trinket is blown you're pretty much guaranteed to be our next train target, so now all we have to do is pick a target, then have our priest fear and switch to somebody after trinket/pain suppression etc. Also makes CCing rogues easy so they cant peel us off train target (fear then blind)

Has anyone tried it with prot ret? My buddy was saying along the lines of 40% more defense as prot ret and might survive a lot longer with the resil buff. He's currently running 2pc t10, DBW trinket, with full relentless and bryntroll.

We don't usually blow up DKs from the start, if its TSG we'd rather sap the DK (cause of his anti magic skills) and blow up the warrior or just go straight for the bubble + mass dispel on the paladin, or if we can control the paladin while we work the warrior we'll switch after the bubble.

It takes some practice and quick switches if you know what to expect a head of time for each comp u see. Sometimes for example tsg we'll sap dk, start on the warrior until sac is up then do the quick switch. I do ret rogue twos so we practice a lot of switches, like getting pain supression to blown on a dps then raping the priest.. so its not always tunneling but in the end basically yeah tunnel after a cooldown gets blown. We arent strangers to tunnel through a pain suppression though, if the priest blows it too late we still are able to drop him, but if hes at like 80% then we'll just quick switch to the next squishy target

Towards the end of the season we were working on RMP strats though, mages really fuck us up with all the interrupts and cc ontop of priest fear, usually we'll wait till we can catch the mage near one of us, stun him so he blinks then stun him again with ranged ret stuns and train him with a quick mass dispel on iceblock.. pretty easy to do when you get it lined up (call it out, rogue stuns mage and ret tries to go where the mage is gonn blink)

Wiz cleaves were mostly easy, specially ele shamans. We did have trouble one time with a moonkin + ele shaman 3s team, they have tons of snares and both have knock backs, made catching them pretty interesting.

TSG is one of the easiest comps you can run in to with this comp. Also protret>full ret imo for this comp. You won't sap a good dk running tsg 9 times out of ten because hell be rushing with lichborne up. What we generally would do is sap pali, shackle lich'd dk and train the warrior for free points. The dk should not be able to come close to soloing your priest and the warrior pretty much blows up. Ensuring the warrior does not make it to your priest for that initial rushdown is the main key to victory here. A sap on the paladin or dk is nice but ensuring the warrior doesn't get to your priest w/ a charge is paramount.

#34 Valkyrie

Valkyrie
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:29 AM

I think Ainy will agree with me on this, full ret is just so much better for RRP on live and on TR. Freedom on stuns is 1 of the biggest reasons.

#35 Primaris

Primaris
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:30 AM

Yes good reply, I forgot to mention about lichborne. We do the same thing, priest shackles dk, I'll then sap the paladin if he hasnt put sac up already (and some of the goods ones will have it up by then.. doh) and then train the warrior, disarm soon as the burst gets going and collect.

How is prot ret better? Trying to learn more about it so I can talk to my ret about it. We've seen our share but they seemed to die just as fast and hurt just as much.

Freedom stuns is good, I dont notice them much and maybe we'll work on that but lot of the times we run into using freedoms to catch people (bg has a LOT of RMPs so need it to get the mage or whoever). Thats my only thing I hate about my comp, us being double melee are so reliant on having to be in melee range.. mages and hunters

#36 Ashe

Ashe
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:49 AM

Freedom stuns is good, I dont notice them much and maybe we'll work on that but lot of the times we run into using freedoms to catch people (bg has a LOT of RMPs so need it to get the mage or whoever). Thats my only thing I hate about my comp, us being double melee are so reliant on having to be in melee range.. mages and hunters

That's why you train the Priest, they can't reliably escape if you get freedom on the Kidney Shots.

#37 Primaris

Primaris
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:04 AM

Well with us both being melee, and the nerf to undead, usually what ends up is us being nova'd together, one of us being sheeped while being nova'd, then they drop the fear bomb on both of us, which by then one of us have trinketed (to keep pressure on the priest) and cant get out of it unless our priest is that pro, so we end up using freedoms to make up for the lost time during stuck in cc. Even if our priest is pro, usually the good mages will sheep then blanket silence, and god knows if its the paladin thats feared or poly'd and cant dispel. Just another downside to RRP, always can use AE cc on rogue and ret

We're working more on our priest's fears and blinds, hes a little quiet on the fearing.

#38 reoak

reoak
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Quel'dorei
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:08 AM

Glad Viable S8?

tbh i think it will work and my 3's will be running prot ret rogue priest possibly and i mean any comp is playable to glad if your players aren't completely bad

#39 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:18 PM

All your posts are retarded or useless, just saying :)

ye i still dont understand why didnt i get banned because of trolling, but nvm.

TSG shouldn't win against an equally skilled LSD but 99% of all LSDs are super retarded so it's quite easy to zerg the druid from start to finish.

#40 Kungfucow

Kungfucow
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1900
  • 3v3: 1914
  • RBG: 2064
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:28 PM

I think Ainy will agree with me on this, full ret is just so much better for RRP on live and on TR. Freedom on stuns is 1 of the biggest reasons.

I've played both and really do perfer a protret because it gives most teams one less target they can reliably train down. When you run with a full ret any smart team is going to sit on him thus making it a 2v3 right off the bat. Having a ranged silence when you run with 2 melee is also pretty gamebreaking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<