• US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1524
  • 3v3: 1834
  • RBG: 1465
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:56 AM

I've also had some trouble finding teams that are willing to take a feral :( Talking 'bout 3s ofc.

With skirmish no longer existing I've felt like tearing my head off a dozen times. To quench my thirst for arena I use "/2 Feral lf anyone to play arena with for points/4lulz/4real". I dont like dueling really so I rather queue with any random chap from trade and give help and guidance to the player if he/she needs :) Feels good to help someone when I had to learn everything the hard way.

I was lucky enough though to find an old warrior friend I know irl ;> All thats left is finding a restoshaman/holypaladin that meets the requirements (lots of activity and dedication).

One thing that might be important in your case is to specify what goals you have as a team. Saying "for points/4lulz/4real" isn't really going to make anyone take you seriously. If you're ready to play on a solid team and you have an idea of where you want to go with the team you'll have people take you more seriously.
Best of luck,
Kelm
Posted Image[list]

* Warrior players gravitate towards the spec that isn't complete ass, and Gladiator will be promptly raped to compensate for Warriors wanting to play the game

#102 Thebro

Thebro
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:26 AM

I feel like it's impossible to climb the ladder at this point in the game for several reasons.

1. Teams are recruiting above their own actually exp.

2. Experience requirement for starting a 3s team is now really high and it's extremely rare to find anyone to give you a chance if you're below their requirement (I'm not saying a 2.4k player should grab any random 1750 player but a 2k rated player should have some leniency with what he finds).

I mean look at the recruit section right now. 2.7k is the average rating requirement for a team.

I couldn't climb the ladder on my backwater pve server and couldn't afford a xfer. Just pray to god if you find a 0 exp team they're either dark horses or they're quick at adapting. Otherwise have fun in the 1600-1800 bracket all season.

#103 Polizei

Polizei
  • Premium Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:56 PM

I feel like it's impossible to climb the ladder at this point in the game for several reasons.

1. Teams are recruiting above their own actually exp.

2. Experience requirement for starting a 3s team is now really high and it's extremely rare to find anyone to give you a chance if you're below their requirement (I'm not saying a 2.4k player should grab any random 1750 player but a 2k rated player should have some leniency with what he finds).

I mean look at the recruit section right now. 2.7k is the average rating requirement for a team.

I couldn't climb the ladder on my backwater pve server and couldn't afford a xfer. Just pray to god if you find a 0 exp team they're either dark horses or they're quick at adapting. Otherwise have fun in the 1600-1800 bracket all season.

Hello! For you I would suggest playing with large variety of different players (since you are hovering around 1.6k-1.8k who cares if you teamhop/ inv new players to your team). Dont be too picky when finding these guys, most people on trade who demand 2k exp people are utterly shit, you can find rough gems below that. Just recently I was playing 2s (yes, haters gonna hate) for lulz and just picked people from trade/guild. I didnt have any requirments, just somebody to play; from 3 players I played with 1 had no clue whatsoever about arena (he did decentish damage and stuff, but didnt interrupt at all and kept taking all possible CC) and the other 2 were actually quite decent, other one was a rough gem and with some guidance could easily reach high ratings in season or so. Most important is to play with friends, if your friends lack any interest in arena or have downs-syndrome (cant learn to interrupt in 100 games) you should resort to randoms. Just remember that the players keeping biggest fuzz about themselves are usually not the best ones.
<poliisi mies kerho>

#104 Thebro

Thebro
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:05 PM

Hello! For you I would suggest playing with large variety of different players (since you are hovering around 1.6k-1.8k who cares if you teamhop/ inv new players to your team). Dont be too picky when finding these guys, most people on trade who demand 2k exp people are utterly shit, you can find rough gems below that. Just recently I was playing 2s (yes, haters gonna hate) for lulz and just picked people from trade/guild. I didnt have any requirments, just somebody to play; from 3 players I played with 1 had no clue whatsoever about arena (he did decentish damage and stuff, but didnt interrupt at all and kept taking all possible CC) and the other 2 were actually quite decent, other one was a rough gem and with some guidance could easily reach high ratings in season or so. Most important is to play with friends, if your friends lack any interest in arena or have downs-syndrome (cant learn to interrupt in 100 games) you should resort to randoms. Just remember that the players keeping biggest fuzz about themselves are usually not the best ones.

And if you're following all of these steps and still finding 0 success? What then? I can't find a single healer on the server I'm on because I don't have the rating I'm trying to work towards.

#105 Polizei

Polizei
  • Premium Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:33 PM

And if you're falling all of these steps and still finding 0 success? What then? I can't find a single healer on the server I'm on because I don't have the rating I'm trying to work towards.

If you dont have the patience to play with friends long enough for them to learn or you dont have the necessary "skill" to teach others to play their class, Im afraid you are out of luck :( . I played my first gladiator title with my brother, second one we took some 3rd player from trade and R1-title previous partners combined with one trade-random and one from AJ-recruiment. It is always the hardest and most time-consuming phase of getting high the first time, most likely you will get boosted by somebody (not me) or you will find a friend to learn to play together over time. I cannot say 3v3 is the easiest way for new people to learn the arena, it is very fast-paced and it is not so easy to spot what he/you did wrong. Good luck in finding that ´special someone´!
<poliisi mies kerho>

#106 edthelad

edthelad
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 0/1/0/1/0/.

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:04 PM

Perhaps move server to somewhere with a higher density of active arena players?
Better players are often willing to play with newer players on their alts, at least for a short while, and then you can get some experience/tips from doing that.
Posted Image

#107 Thebro

Thebro
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:12 PM

If you dont have the patience to play with friends long enough for them to learn or you dont have the necessary "skill" to teach others to play their class, Im afraid you are out of luck :( . I played my first gladiator title with my brother, second one we took some 3rd player from trade and R1-title previous partners combined with one trade-random and one from AJ-recruiment. It is always the hardest and most time-consuming phase of getting high the first time, most likely you will get boosted by somebody (not me) or you will find a friend to learn to play together over time. I cannot say 3v3 is the easiest way for new people to learn the arena, it is very fast-paced and it is not so easy to spot what he/you did wrong. Good luck in finding that ´special someone´!

Actually right now I'm playing RPS with a very stubborn and short tempered rogue who I am painstakingly molding into a good player. It's going to take some time but I know she's good. Also I'm on Tich, the only server with more alliance players is KT. I realize this isn't something you accomplish overnight and I'm willing to put a lot of time and effort into making it work.

#108 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2016
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:11 AM

Actually right now I'm playing RPS with a very stubborn and short tempered rogue who I am painstakingly molding into a good player. It's going to take some time but I know she's good. Also I'm on Tich, the only server with more alliance players is KT. I realize this isn't something you accomplish overnight and I'm willing to put a lot of time and effort into making it work.

I just saw this! /pat
shut up pvp guy

#109 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:26 AM

Get on TR and profit.
Posted Image

#110 Jestia

Jestia
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/1/.

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:50 PM

My friends think wow is gay..... no good friends....

#111 viciousmo

viciousmo
  • Members

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:16 AM

it's tough!

#112 bigfill

bigfill
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:38 AM

if you have a computer capable of recording games, do it and go back and check on things that could have gone better, if you look back you can spot tiny errors which caused huge problems....

#113 Cuhp

Cuhp
  • Members

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:18 AM

Awesome guide. Love the recruiting section here! :D

#114 Martinzen

Martinzen
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:41 PM

#115 DavesTheSame

DavesTheSame
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Fire
  • LocationNorthern Minnesota

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:32 AM

Well another thing you can do is record your games, record yourself asking people to watch the match and give some tips, put some awesome music to the round and put it up on YouTube.. That could give you some feedback
Be awesome and read: geeksoftheguild.blogspot.com
Want To Donate? Paypal email is: [email protected]

#116 Amiza

Amiza
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1519
  • 3v3: 1135
  • LocationEngland

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:01 AM

Finding teams this season seems harder than ever

#117 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:03 AM

www.teamfind.com can help...or moving to an active pvp server. I moved from EU stormreaver to EU Stormscale and find it easy to get partners now.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#118 NircoticS

NircoticS
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Feral 2/1/0/1/2/.

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

Do any of your partners nerd rage?

i lol my ass of when my partner rages. well i ges its diffrent if you know the guy

#119 Bodoma

Bodoma
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 765

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

I smash things when I rage :>

my biggest problem is finding people who won't quit after a couple of losses. Was playing Thugcleave with a resto shaman friend of mine and we found a great rogue, we won some tough ass games, beat one of the best RLS on the server, fucking vanquished a legendary RLS team, a 4x glad mage RMP team, a gurth/legendary ret/rogue/disc team, all on our first day of playing together.

Next day we get about 15 matches against two different fireplay teams, one team we never beat, they were arena masters and were rocking hc deathwing weapons, one team beat us a few times but then eventually we completely stopped losing to them.

Day after that we remade the team, win 1 game, lose 1 to another fireplay (the rogue ran into the room they were turtling in Ruins), lose another to lock/ele/rsham (rogue called out lock as a target, didn't play defensive, got eaten alive by ele) and then goes "sorry guys I can't play in this team" logs off skype, disbands team.

GG.

Had another event like that with another rogue but that's enough QQ for today.

I don't know what to do. The shaman is a very patient, very fun guy to play with, but all the rogues I know that are decent are in teams already.

"Queue" is actually the longest word in English language that can be said with only word letter, "q".

#120 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

Build up someone and be willing to invest time. You need someone, that likes to work for progress as team. Take someone, that does not base his life around WoW, because these players tend to have the mental stability of drunken girls on boy group concerts. Get someone, that is also into sports. Then start by identifying one point to improve for everyone and check on the progres. Once this point is done, get the next one. Eventually you will have a great team. Most important is to avoid hoppers, that constantly jump on websites, watch TV/browse 4chan and get nervous once their brain does not get some media input.

Good points to watch out for:
- Player congratulates others when losing a duel
- Player points out good moves the enemy team does
- Player talks about how he works on certain points to improves
- Player has had sex in the last to weeks with someone else, than himself
- Player does sports and eats healthy
- Player does not watch TV while playing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<